painful but true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFwvD0IJKs8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_QF5Jtuug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You just binged didn't you

Literally no one will object to this

painful but true

So top isn't strong? Are you saying that bodybuilders do not get physically strong by training the way they do? Because that is some ignorant normie shit.

Bottom guy = Top guy before a cut.

most bodybuilders can only 1/2/3/4, anything heavier and they half rep

Bodybuilders are obviously stronger than normies but they're not strength athletes. If they didn't care about being aesthetic they'd be far stronger.

powerlifters are also on roids. Watch Ronnie Coleman squat, let me know if he's weak.

I know this is bait, but couldn't top guy just eat at a surplus and do more core focused work to be bottom guy? It's not like it's harder to be bottom guy, is it? Unless the idea is just that bottom can lift more. But normies don't care how much you lift, and you never get to show off either.

not exactly hombre

>this is the body of a guy who figths bears on a mountain

i hear this as a distant faint echo whenever i open a beer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

primaris marines confirmed T H I C C

>mfw when fat people unironically think this is true to make themselves feel better

>not dedicating yourself to Khorne for maximum gains

laughinggirls.png

youtube.com/watch?v=kFwvD0IJKs8

A bodybuilder bitch would fucking die if he tried to do a extreme workout like this:

Day One

(Morning Training Session)

Back Squats: 8 sets of 6 to 2 reps
Leg Curls: 6 sets of 20 reps
Leg Extension: 6 sets of 20 reps
Pull ups: 6 sets of 15 reps
Chin ups: 6 sets of 10 reps
Behind The Neck Pull down: 4 sets of 15 reps
Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 15 reps
Abs Exercises that include Hanging Leg Raises & Side Raises amongst others: 6 sets of 30 reps each

(Afternoon Training Session)

Sandbag Carry (130kg on back): 3 sets of 170 meters
Conan’s Wheel (290kg): 3 sets of 5 revolutions
Tire Flip: 3 sets of 10 flips

Day Two

Leg Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
Calf Work: 6 sets of 15 reps
Standing Military Press: 7 warm-up sets of 5 reps (60kg to 100kg), followed by 6 working sets (pyramiding up from 110kg to 140kg) of 5 to 4 reps
Deadlifts: 6 warm-up sets of 5 reps (working up to 200kg), followed by 6 working sets of 5 reps (pyramiding up to 300kg)
Good Mornings (100kg): 8 sets of 15 reps

Bushman’s Walk: 3 sets of carrying 300kg for 15 meters
Presses with Machine Used in Strongman Competition: 3 sets of 10 reps (working with 120kg)
Parallel Crucifix Hold: working with 40kg weights for 30 seconds

Day Three

Bench Press: 8 warm-up sets of 8 to 2 reps (working up to 180kg), followed by multiple working sets of 8 to 2 reps (pyramiding from 150kg up to 220kg)
Barbell Triceps Extensions: multiple sets and reps, working up to 80kg
Standing French Press

Sandbag Carry (130kg on back): 3 sets of 170 meters
Conan’s Wheel (290kg): 3 sets of 5 revolutions
Tire Flip: 3 sets of 10 flips
Powerstairs
Parallel stairs

t. fatfuck

jake's on them, trim waist is 80% genetics

doormode checking in

PSA for all you fucking spastics, this is from a guide on how to FUCKING DRAW people to SUGGEST an aesthetic of STRENGTH.

fucking kys the lot of you.

Minus the cardio, my 55y/o ex bodybuilder stepfather whom has been natty for 15 years probably outperforms you. YMMV

Is it possible to dl 4pl8 and suqat 3 for reps as natty and still look aesthetic?

That's true I guess, but it's not like it's a big deal. Some guys wanna look good, some guys wanna pick up heavy stuff. Neither one is better than the other and both have their benefits.

Can't we just work towards our own personal goals instead of being a bunch of faggots who dog on each other because we don't have the same bodies?

Man it's almost like bulking allows bigger gains or something, OP

>fat acceptance masquerading as "function"

Of course it is, that's not even much weight for anyone who's been training properly a couple of years.

This picture has no basis in strength science or reality. It's drawn by coelasquid in an attempt to illustrate how these perceptions maintain themselves through art; "what does a work of art look like" "what does a machine of a man look like".

A guy and B guy are generally the same, only B guy is fatter.

A is B guy's improved and sexier version.

this is the image fatties often post (including myself in the past) to try and convince themselves they are "fat but strong" and therefore don't need improvement

also
>implying the top guy isn't gonna be way stronger than the average populous anyway

By the time I hit those numbers my legs were grossly big imo. Ass was massive and I couldn't fit into anything but gym shorts and sweats.

This is dumb. The reason why powerlifters have a different shape than bodybuilders (besides bf%) is because they have different genetics. Strength competitions will inherently select for a broader structure around the hips and midsection whereas in bodybuilding competitions narrower hips and stronger "skeletal V-taper" have the clear aesthetic advantage.

Then what happens is people look at the top bodybuilders and the top powerlifters, see their different body structure and think that these differences are caused by differences in strength or training, which of course is nonsense. There have been plenty of bodybuilders in fact like Ronnie Coleman who have trained with high weights and low reps (i.e. what most people would generally associate with powerlifting routines) and yet he still had narrow hips and a relatively trimmed midsection (until he started using excessive amounts of HGH and insulin, but thats a different matter altogether)

What's that game again? Star Wars?

THIS IS AN ARTISTS REFERENCE

it's for when you're designing a muscular character and you want his build to be true to his story

The artist wasn't hanging shit on bodybuilders, he's likely a skinnyfat manlet like most artists

>fights bear

No, that's a body that will get you killed against a bear, as your fat ass won't be able to run fast enough.

>(powerlifters) are all about actual function...
>actual function

>can't do a pullup
>can't sprint

functional strength

Grizzly bears can run 35 miles an hour. every body, even usain bolt's, is one that gets killed by a bear

But Mariuz has a physique like the top and he dominated strongman competitions.

The only correct answer. Sure is new in here.

>running from something involves only going in a straight line

Nah bro, I've watched enough animal planet, I feel ready to escape a bear.

Why not both?

you don't have to outrun the bear if you're hiking with someone else. you just have to outrun them

>1-3 hundred pounds

I'm 200, does that means I could fuck up a small black bear?

fucking kek

Never tried but seems like you'd stand a good chance. Grizzly bear strategy seems to just pray and hope they don't want to kill you.

>100-300 pounds
>tfw probably bigger than a good amount of black bears
Hell yeah

>only 1-300lbs

Would crush that bearlet

Looks pretty typical for how professional strength athletes train Tbh Tbh

Weightlifters too do this, except then it's usually big lifts in the early session and GPP in the evening.

In life, how many times do you need function, vs. how much better your life is due to form?

That's why I lift for aesthetics. It's not like I'm weak either, still stronger than 90% of people, but I also look good and gain those benefits too.

>A grizzly bear sprints at 35 miles at hour towards you
>Start running towards it
>Use it's momentum against it and knee it in the face
>KO it

Whoa that was hard

i'd say top guy is less likely to be out of breath from walking a flight of stairs.

Do you even teeth bro?

>make noise

why

They're giant pussies so if they hear you screaming they'll run away.

If fairness if you could control it's head with your arms (which are probably stronger than it's neck) and get close enough to it's body that it can't eviscerate you you might not die

>not shooting the fucker with your FAL
never going to make it

This

Arnold's max stats at before winning Mr. Universe

Bench: 410lbs
Squat: 430lbs
BB Curl: 285lbs
Deadlift: 605lbs
Press: 265lbs
Snatch: 242lbs
Clean and Jerk: 300lbs

Weak as shit man.

>in commiefornia average male black bear is 190
>average female is 130

The next Veeky Forums meet up should be bear wrestling in Cali

Are you implying they can't scalevthe weight until they accomplish it?

>BB Curl: 285lbs

They'd swipe you while you're holding their head bro.

>not whipping out your Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan and turning the bear into a pile of gore

FUARK I NEED IT

>Average female is 130

Does this mean you could wrestle a female bear down and...

>tfw you will never climb ontop of a tree to face a black bear and proceed to pick it up and ohp it throwing it down 20 feet killing it on impact and using its head as a trophy, skinning its hide to use it as a lifting belt and eating its meat for gains

why even live bros?

>Several members of the hacker-pedophile ring Veeky Forums.com were arrested today after raping blackbears all throughout California

Its pullshit. Guy A has juat as much muse if not more than guy B.

The difference is that guy B has trained his hippocampus muscle memory and central nervous system to perform muscle body movements which are useful for moving large things.

Guy A has only trained to do basic movements repetitiously.

In reality though, guy B does both.

Guy A might also box, or even have a gun.

This isnt caveman days. There is literally no more of a survival need to be a strongman than there is a survival need to be a bodybuilder.

Seriously

Lol the average American female human weighs 165 lbs, which is more than the average female black bear apparently.

Never underestimate the neck strength of something with fangs.

You know how black bears look really stocky? like they don't really have a neck as much as a head crammed onto shoulders?

Some of that volume is fur, some if it is throat. A lot of it is muscle. Look at the ridges on the back of the skull and the shoulders. Those are to provide attachment and leverage for neck muscles.

You are going to have a hell of a time controlling that head.

Ckecked

Yeah I guess you only stand a chance with like a spear or if you defang the thing

ITT: Coping Aestheticlets

>caring about being any stronger
Pleb

Neither of those days would be able to even climb up a mountain. If you want to know what a mountain man would look like then check out any random dyel

if you're handsome and tall, either will work. some girls want ottermodes, but some women will be wet just from standing near you - mr universe or strongman

>functional strenght

Lol me before and after a week at grandmas haha

>claims to lift for functional purposes
>can't run a mile before passing out

>brags about functionality
>talking point is about fighting bears on a mountain

It means fighting Russians invading Alaska

>lifting heavy things makes you good at fighting
why are powerlifters such retards?

Could a weak guy do this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_QF5Jtuug

tell that to ronnie coleman in his prime.

>being jacked does not increase muscle usefulness
interadasting

It's funny how we never hear you when you face a big 6'3 guys "who just lift".
Beside, lifting and fighting are two different things, stop comparing them you dumbo

How is this painful?
The bear fighter body is my body goals anyway.

This

Unless you're elite level that extra 20lbs of fat really worth that extra 5% on your diddly? No way, no how for this cowboy. I'd rather be 200lb really lean with a 275 bench Max than 225lb bloated with a 3pl8 bench max.

But """"""functional"""""" strength is useless. No matter how much functional strength you have, a mountain bear is going to fucking kill you with little effort.

But it makes you feel like you could fight a mountain bear. And that's all that really matters.

Too bad no matter how much """""""""functional"""""""" strength you have you just look like even more of a fatass to everyone else. Maybe taking the extra steps to shed that fat is worth it. Even if it mean you won't lift as much.

tl;dr: You're a fatass stop making excuses

guy in OP image is like 15-18% bodyfat max, that's not even close to bloatlord status and the shredded guy is 10% or less, which will SIGNIFICANTLY impact athletic performance.

This is Veeky Forums not /sp/, people don't come here for athletic performance

The post I'm replying to implies that such a drastic level of body fat difference wouldn't impact bench max (i.e. athletic performance) to a significant degree though.

This, I train to be athletic and help performance in sport, if you can pull 5pl8 on a deadlift but can't do pull-ups, box jumps, or run a decent distance: you are not athletic.
Not everyone wants to be faster on the field, but I guarantee that most guys start weight training to improve their performance in football, rugby, athletics etc

Doubt that anyone, not even the fattest SHWs are completely unable to do a pull up or box jump, distance running is not necessarily a good measure of overall athleticism

Sensitive ears, they don't like loud noises despite that they growl/roar really loud