Am I just freaking out over nothing, Veeky Forums?

Am I just freaking out over nothing, Veeky Forums?

I'm a newfag. Let's get that out of the way. But I don't feel comfortable bothering anyone I actually know with my pathetic quivering, so user is my only hope.

One month, one week, two days. I've finally done it. I've joined a gym. I've established a diet. I've created a routine. And for the first couple weeks, I had progress. Weight was falling. Real, measurable results.

But it's been a couple more weeks, and I'm not seeing any change. Nothing in my routine is different. I'm going to continue, but is this worth worrying over or am I just freaking out for nothing?

For the curious: 336 lbs. Diet comprised of 1,200 calories. Meals typically include egg, lean meats (chicken, turkey), and servings of fruits and vegetables. Exercise includes 30min treadmill at maximum incline, plus 30 minutes of high intensity, low repetition weights across most muscle groups. I go to the gym every other day, and alternate which areas I work.

I'm seriously stupid here. Never even tried to fuck with weight loss before this. But I want it. And I want to make it happen, and I want to do it and not only do it, but do it right.

So yeah... panic, or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKC3hiyLeRc
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>panic, or nah
oh shiet nigga u gun die RIP

Fuck, I knew it. Tell my family not to touch my shit until I res.

Stay calm and commit to the process

this

Have you cut the soda out

>Diet comprised of 1,200 calories
1200 per DAY? That's way, way, way too low for your size. You're going to cannibalize your muscles at a huge rate. Use scooby's calculator to find a more realistic caloric deficit.

Also, don't look week-to-week or month-to-month for changes. Changes come slowly, if you commit to a lifestyle change, you'll do amazing things with your body. If you're just going through the motions until you get the body you want, you're gonna fail or give up or get lazy. This is a LIFEstyle change. You have the rest of your life to look good, so don't stress over a month of still being fat, okay? You'll get there. It takes time.

30xlbs of fat on body is fine. Id check all sources of calories even adding butter for taste or apple juice spikes calories high.

stop evaluating this on just weight loss
1 - muscle weighs more, as you train your weight may stay the same (even go up) but you are losing fat, and improving health
2 - focus on other benefits: how do you feel? do you feel better? (this may take time)
3 - this is a marathon not a sprint, good health requires patience and life long commitment

consider intermitent fasting/keto
I started both 47 days ago and I went from 71kg 18% bodyfat to 63.5kg 13% so pretty much only burning fat. Also I'm feeling so good while on it I'm prolly gonna stay on it longterm
Maybe start on IF since the health benefits are pretty much established and it's very easy to do.
Look up jason fung for good tips about how to fast properly .

>For the curious: 336 lbs. Diet comprised of 1,200 calories But it's been a couple more weeks, and I'm not seeing any change.

Lol 7/10 trolling. Those three things cannot all be true.

people usually underestimate cal intake forgetting to include little things like cup of coffee w sugar/cream, can of pop, whole ice cream cakes from DQ, etc

Christ, yeah man. I drink fuck else but water, orange juice, green tea and if I feel like it, an occasional lemonade. Water is my favorite drink though. Nothing does what water does. It makes me not hungry. That's a huge deal. I never really liked soda to begin with, though. My weight comes from my family's huge sweet tooth. The hard thing to quit was chocolates, ice cream, cake... shit like that. But I quit 'em all. Fuck 'em.

I read the sticky, but I was confused about how it works. I figured eating 2k+ calories a day would just make the process slower. Is it really that dangerous to eat like that? I'll have to figure up a meal plan that includes bigger portions, then. And yeah, man. I'm trying not to stress. I'm just a very risk-reward minded kind of guy, I guess... I need to learn patience.

I do actually feel better. The more I'm active, the more I feel like I'm able to do. Most days at work now, I just lightly jog around instead of walking. I couldn't even do that shit before. It's a big warehouse, so there's tons of room. I didn't even think about muscle factoring in. I read somewhere that it was impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Maybe not? Or maybe I just read that wrong lol

I've read about 'em. Most of the articles I read talked about how there wasn't a solid scientific backing behind them, and the sticky here said that if you're eating and exercising right, the weight loss will come regardless of dieting technique.

Those three things are true. I don't know how I could prove it to you but I don't have any reason to lie. I've got no face to save here. I'm here because I'm fighting to make a change and I'm nervous, man... I don't know what kind of weakshit trolling you're used to here, but nah.

The general consensus here seems to be relax and keep on truckin', so that's what I'll do. I'll also revise my diet a bit. I don't want to cannibalize my muscles. That sounds horrific.

you need to consider muscle v fat, if youve been especially sedentary for your life, you prob started w little to no muscle. just to operate, your body needs to build that, even just enough to "jog around".
your routine may also play a factor, not enough fat burning activities, tinker with it a bit, but dont rely on fat loss as your primary measurement (though its often an easy focus), instead try and think about things like, is it easier to go up stairs, can you pick up a 10lb box w/out straining, can you have sex w/out dying from lack of breath, etc (obviously, these are exaggerations, but you get the idea)

try it for awhile, but if youre not getting the results you want, look at: your diet, your routine vs your goals, reality of your expectations

Ok, there's no fucking way you're ACTUALLY eating 1200 calories. You aren't. Unless you're weighing every ingredient you're eating to the gram, no way it's possible. You're either doing bullshit estimations of portion size or throwing on all sorts of extra shit.

read actual studies not articles done by whoever the fuck.
The reason IF and keto work so well is because
1. They are amazing at suppressing appetite
2. You actually switch to fat burning instead of burning fat and carbs at the same time, thus making it so you have no insulin(the energy storage hormone, which is proven to have a direct effect on weight gain/loss) . Having no insulin for extended periods of time means your body doesn't try to store a part of the energy as fat so it is free to use it on metabolism, which rises back up to normal levels compared to a calorie restrictive diet.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKC3hiyLeRc

skip to 20:00 if you wanna go straight to studies and such but I think the whole vid is worth watching

It's easy, really. It helps that I'm broke as shit, but my day is like this.

I eat one cup of cheerios for breakfast with skim milk, and one banana or apple, with an 8oz glass of orange juice. For lunch, I eat a lean cuisine, usually 230-350 calories, plus a lite yogurt which is 70-90. Then, for dinner, I have a cup of ramen and some grapes or celery or a plain baked potato. Baked potato is one of my favorites because they're cheap and filling as all fuck, so I'm never hungry after that. A few hours later, I'll eat a fruit or veggie item just before bed. I check the approximate calories for my fruit and veggie servings online.

A couple hours before I go to the gym every other day, I also have a whey protien shake I drink, which I mix into water. It doesn't taste that good, but my diet doesn't offer as much protein as it should so I figured I had to pay the dues. And I mean pay the dues, because that shit's expensive.

Bookmarked. I'll check it out, user. Anything that helps would be great.

Cut sugar completely. Fructose causes lipogenesis as much as ethanol(beer gut). Try prolonged fasting 1-2 times a week and ditch the daily caloric deficit. Caloric deficit -> increased cortisol -> more weight retention. Fasting increases hgh and helps retain OVERALL CALORIC DEFICIT without high cortisol and without uncomfortable hunger.

You're lying about your calories there fatty

scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Check this out, but be modest when choosing the "activity level". Only a small amount of people get the highest level, and only a slightly larger number get the 2nd highest level.

When choosing your caloric deficit just remember that you don't want to go too crazy right off the bat. You can throw a lot of things off in your body when you lose heaps of fat. I'm no expert but you probably want to stick to around 20%-25% deficit. Right now you're probably around 50%-60% which is honestly hard to believe. You must be absolutely starving

Also OP, if you haven't already, get a digital scale to weigh food. Personally I have noticed more accurate measurements than using grams/cups etc. For example, some oats I measured the other day were (just for example, not actual numbers) listed at 1 cup/90g - 120 calories, but when measured in 1 cup it came out to 98g. (Yes I accounted for the weight of the measuring cup) Whereas weighing the item usually results in a much more accurate measurement. Otherwise I would be eating at least 10% more calories than I thought.

Prolonged fasting?

I already outlined what I do, and what I eat in this thread. Plus, I don't blame genetics for anything, I already specifically blamed poor eating choices and I don't take any type of medication.

If you get off on calling me a liar and a fatty though, I'll leave that door open for you, bud. Have a ball.

Holy shitballs. According to this I should eat 3,660 calories a day. God damn. Can I really lose weight eating that much? That sounds insane.

And I was starving at first. My cravings were driving me insane. Sometimes I just slept so I wouldn't have to be awake thinking about food. But after the first couple weeks that just went away on its own.

Good suggestion. I just go by the information I read on the packages/online so it could be off by a little here and there, but a little here and there could add up quick.

Fuck, I think I just have been fucking this whole thing all the way up with my retarded diet idea. I'm probably wrecking my own shit trying to eat that little every day, and it's common sense but I just wasn't even paying attention. I was just trying to ignore being hungry and focusing on trying to lose all this weight.

yah enjoy that pizza bro

>"If you get off on calling me a liar..."

I call it like I see it, and I see someone who can't do math.

>I call it like I see it
Ah, you have internet vision, the power to see through the internet. Amazing.

That says the same thing the other one did, and there's one thing you're not accounting for.

I already did lose some weight. It just stopped, and I came here to figure out why so I could get back on track.

Funny thing is, I don't even need to do the math with that diet because the meals I used are singly packaged. I can't miscount a lean cuisine when the serving size and nutritional information is on the box. Maybe it's the water I wasn't adding up right, though. Hmm.

By the way man, I don't mean to tell you how to do your thing (whatever your thing is here), but if you're going to take this shit attitude toward people that come here to lose weight, you're not helping anything. You're just being a tool. Fuck off with that noise.

>Holy shitballs. According to this I should eat 3,660 calories a day
Mind telling me age/height/meals per day/activity level? Not that it's unusually high I'm just curious about the numbers that got it there

Age 27, Height 6'0, 3 meals/day, 3-5 hrs/wk moderate.

My input - buy a scale that measures muscle mass/body fat %. As most people while reply to this comment to tell you how inaccurate they are; I don't care. They show a general trend of progress. Some days I gained 2 pounds (water/glycogen) but lost .2% fat and gained .1% muscle. It's a long run game.

Coming from someone who just beat a plateau, there are 2 ways to approach it. One - continue what you're doing, eat less, train harder, and beat your body into submission. I did this. It worked. It was a bad strategy. Option two is to vary your diet. Eat 2,000 calories (1.6x increase from what you're doing right no) for 4-6 days. Then cut back to 1,200. Adjust the numbers as you see fit. Your body is in starvation mode - it is saying 'Hold onto our fat! We may not see much more food for months!' you have to trick it.

It might be that you are gaining muscle and that is causing the weight to not go down. Muscle + water weight if you are drinking alot. Maybe cut out the ramen and go for something with less sodium so you don't retain as much.

Just do EOD fasting and watch the weight melt off of you. Srs.

Yeah, so notice your BMR is 2884 calories. That's just what your body is using to keep you alive if you had food delivered to your bedside and never moved. Pretty crazy huh? It goes on, though. Notice how with an activity level at minimum, 3461 calories are required just to maintain your weight. Meaning this is how much you have eaten, roughly, to get to your weight. Yet just by working out 3-5 hours a day with strong intensity, you will lose weight efficiently by eating roughly the same amount. (Which, by the way, is about the amount of two medium sized women) That's the power of exercise. Of course, you're not at a deficit because your TDEE has changed due to the exercise. Without discipline you would likely eat much more to compensate.

So yeah, definitely don't do more than a 20% deficit. You'll really fuck yourself up. Just make sure to eat clean stuff, I noticed a frozen dinner you mentioned. Steer clear of that stuff. Stick to it and in a year you will be completely different, only ONE year to completely change yourself, and it only gets better from there. Also the /fat/ thread has a nice community, though somewhat defeatist so be careful not to get infected.

>3-5 hours a day
I meant 3-5 hours a week btw

So I really do have to take in that level of calories, just to get myself back down to frame. I mean, that's kind of a godsend because this diet sucked donkey dicks, but that just seems like it's going to be so much food. Still, I don't want to throw my body into starvation mode and fuck everything up. I think I'll try 2,800-3,000 calories a day along with my current gym routine (I'm there for a bit over an hour each visit) and jogging at work. Sound feasible?

Thank you to everyone for the responses and your time. I'll come back in a month or so and update how things are going.

>I'm a newfag.
>I've created a routine.

That's a red flag right there.

>Nothing in my routine is different.

Son, I hope you're at least increasing the weights you're using. Lifting the same weight for weeks on end as a novice won't accomplish anything significant after the first couple of weeks. You won't be getting stronger, you won't be burning more calories, you'll just be spending time at the gym.

>I don't want to cannibalize my muscles. That sounds horrific.

It's not horrific, just bad. If you're body doesn't have enough readily available carbohydrates, and cannot break down stored fat fast enough to provide you with energy, it'll start to break down muscle tissue to do so. That's obviously not good, but it's a last resort for your body, and won't cripple you in a week or anything.

Like at least one other person here has said, you'll probably be better off eating more, but still at a significant deficit.

>Sometimes I just slept so I wouldn't have to be awake thinking about food.

You see what happened here? You ate far too little, you completely lost all energy, and you slept a lot more. Leading you to burn less calories.

You'd be better off eating enough to prevent an outright starvation response, and staying more active.

Even though you are broke, you might want to take a men's multivitamin and ensure you're getting enough electrolytes throughout the day. There's no sense in suffering through extreme dieting if you're only going to end up in the hospital because of lack of nutrients.

You're fine, sometimes the body will just stagnate randomly and then one day you'll wake up wayyy lighter. It could just be water weight. Just continue and meticulously count calories mate

>I don't even need to do math

And finally the truth is revealed! You literally aren't even calculating your calories and you come here to complain about your weight loss stopping.

Just do the legwork you fat fuck, and stop lying to me and yourself.

And I'm not here to help you lose weight you worthless cunt, /fat/ exists for that, so piss off to the general next time you have a stupid question like this.

You mention multiple times in the thread that you're drinking juice.

Unless you're juicing it yourself, stop that. Store-bought juice is not juice, it's just sugar water with a little juice squirted in. It's nearly as fattening as cola. AND it's more acidic, so you're liable to get heartburn.

Just drink water and either take a daily multivitamin or (if you can't afford vitamins) eat real fruit.

>And finally the truth is revealed! You literally aren't even calculating your calories and you come here to complain about your weight loss stopping.
>Just do the legwork you fat fuck, and stop lying to me and yourself.
>And I'm not here to help you lose weight you worthless cunt, /fat/ exists for that, so piss off to the general next time you have a stupid question like this.