Yes, he has been lifting like this since forever, still no injury tho, just see a 315 press

Yes, he has been lifting like this since forever, still no injury tho, just see a 315 press
Why is everyone still so fixated on having perfect form?

What a neat way to do incline bench thanks OP.

because most people here are in month 2 of starting strength, yet consider themselves authorities on lifting

some degree of form breakdown is acceptable when you're trying for a PR, what degree comes down to how experienced you are and how resilient you are

we all know those people that do some truly pissening reps and never sustain injuries, and we all know those people who are constantly fucked up despite taking prehab super seriously and executing every rep with perfect form

because that's a stupid lift that got banned from weightlifting for good reason

>1. That's some serious backbend... even for early 70s standards just before the press was removed from the olympics. Olympic style pressing moved onto bent knee kipping before it got to that level.
>2. Taking into account the above, I suspect the bloke may be asking for trouble. Especially if he is repping for that and/or doing a lot of sub-max work like that.
>3. I have experienced a lot with doing test day (1-2xmonth) maxes with backbend (more early sixties style that what OP webm is doing) and a slight backbend without leg kipping will only increase your max press by 5kg.

My fucking back hurts just looking at this. Snap fucking city, fuck renting a house there because these idiots just signed a 30 year mortgage.

OHP is a meme'd exercise. This board never used to talk about this shitty lift a couple years ago.

Holy fucking shit that's awful

If you can't keep the fucking form proper to the movement, it's not a fucking lift. How hard is this to understand? It doesn't matter if he can hold up 3 plates, he can't lift it properly. This is ego lifting. Lower the god damn weight and do it properly.

In Rippetits The Press 2.0 who has most flexible back wins.
This means older guys can never win.

What the fuck man

OHP is god tier.

>ohp is God teir
>As he posts a roll image
Yeah man you're not just memeing for replies

>2017
>not doing standing bench press

FOUR MORE SCOOPS
C'MON

Just noticed - Besides backbending with reps, a very bad idea, he is failing each of his olympic presses: he raises his heels on every lift.

Watch a Ken Patera. The late stage olympic lift was a backbend, hip forward, bent knee unlock/lock. The user in these webms does nothing like that.

Isn't that Rippetoe gym ?

All of you homos saying there is anything wrong with what the guy in OP is doing are jelly weak fags with "perfect form" on their sub 1 plate press. Looks perfectly legit for a heavy single, your pitiful maxes wouldnt look amazing either. lmk when you can press 300+ with textbook form.

yep

>this board never talked about ohp a few years ago
but thats wrong you retard

CMON

wew nice catch, this adds leg drive too, making it more and more comparable to just a regular push press (with PP having more leg drive but no lean back). Which is still impressive but can't be called "Press", rather an olympic press with leg drive

next week on snap city...

>Why is everyone still so fixated on having perfect form?

Because you won't be 20 years old forever. Enjoy your aches and pains upon waking as you age.

I didn't realize it was physically possible to press with such poor form that you look DYEL while lifting 3 plates

>Why is everyone still so fixated on having perfect form?

because this board has lots of beginners and having good form is very important for beginners

good form means doing the exercise correctly, using the right muscles, and not hurting yourself

>of starting strength,
Oh please dont insult me

I checked out that program and its shit

Why a begginer must do a begginer program?

When does he stop being a begginer?

>He hasn't hurt himself yet, therefore he's fine
>I'm morbidly obese, but haven't had a heart attack yet, therefore I'm just as healthy as everyone else

C'MON!

>beginners in charge of determining what program is good or not

I've been browsing this place since fucking Zyzz used to post (thanks for that anguishing reminder kek) and you're objectively wrong

I can incline bench 315 too, but I'm not that retarded to do it standing
>still no injury
it'll all come together

>textbook form
Nice bait

is this considered attempted suicide?

>pushing body down
>weight stays in position
Why not just do pushups?

CMON!

>Yes, he has been lifting like this since forever, still no injury tho

>forever

How old is he? If he's under 30 it's really just a matter of time before he takes an extended vacation to Snap City.

C'MON!

CMON

i wanna get uuuge lads

I have seen very few people who actually OHP with good form.

he arches his back to get the inital boost, then puts his back back into the workout to lift it up

not an actual lift

thats a lovely standing bench press

this is why the OHP isn't in powerlifting anymore

what the fuck

thats not OHP

C'MON

my OHP max is 60kg for 5 reps strict

you pudgy little shits should lift with proper form instead of doing this meme lift

anyone who defends OP webm kid, post a pic of your body or shut the fuck up.

pic related
181cm 83kg bw

What if they don't lift for aesthetics ? Would it be fair to say a dyel with sub 2pl8 ohp should stfu when big bois are talking?

Just playing the devils advocate here.

He won't snap anything up, but that's a no lift, even in rippletits' book
Just read the rules to his new meme federation

-- Lifting more than you can handle with terrible form

>not lifting for aesthetics

than ur a fucking nerd who shouldnt go to the gym