How the fuck did Japs defeated Mongols?

Was Mongol army only repulsed because of typhoons, or because Japs defeated them? I mean, how in the fuck a bunch of backward island gooks could repulse an army which conquered Chinese Empire, and much of the Asian continent? in 1200's Japs were still nothing more than fucking numand tribes. Mongols had weaponry like long bows which could literally decimate unorganized Japanese rabble

I call bullshit on that wiki article. 30 thousands fucking Mongol prisoners? Yeah right... ''Anihilation of Mongol navy''? By what, a bunch of Jap canoos? Japanese did not even HAD a fucking Navy, or anything that could remotely resemble a navy in 1200's.

Explain please.

i like wome'n with thick thighs

Mongol navy was sunk by typhoons. The army that landed was disorganized, divided and lacked command. In small clashes between split units Japan had the upper hand

user the japanese dint beat anything, the Mongol fleet was beat by two typhoons, the japanese may be the luckiest people in the world.

>1200's Japs were still nothing more than fucking numand tribes

Japan was unified in that moment you moron, it collapsed in the sengoku period

>the japanese dint beat anything

Then where the fuck did ''30 thousand'' captured Mongols came from? 30 thousand was far larger than any European army of that time.

Unified or not, Japs were still backward compared to Yuan. Japanese were backward untill Commodore Perrt came knocking on their doors.

>30 thousand was far larger than any European army of that time
are you retarded?

>Then where the fuck did ''30 thousand''
Highly exaggerated, it's said that all the food and most of the weapons were lost in the storm so the Japanese simply killed a bunch of unarmed peasants and slaves the rest

this

also I forget
>Japanese were backward untill Commodore Perrt
You might be kidding, the were backward because they stagned in the XVI century and Commodore Perrt was in the XIX centuty you moron, they weren't "backwards" in 1200

You stupid fuck, 30 thousand WAS far higher then what ANY European nation could muster. The Entire European population of that time was like 1/30 to that of China.

It wasn't untill 16th century when an army larger than 100 thousand appearned on medieval European battlefield.

They were backward ALL time until 1853...

The Mongols were used to raiding and harassing the enemy, striking when they sense weakness, yet once they made the dangerous crossing they could not maneuver easily.

No matter how useless someone is, an existential threat is a pretty big motivator, usually enough to get someone off their ass. Once all of Japan's forces were marshalled they overwhelmed the landing parties.

naval landings are hard
naval landings when you're a cavalry based army known for skirmishing enemy forces to death are worse.
naval landings with an unsuited force done immediately following a ruinous typhoon putting the fleet in complete disarray is the dark souls of military actions

>16th century
>medieval Europe

A-user I...

>You stupid fuck, 30 thousand WAS far higher then what ANY European nation could muster

In Manzikert were almost 70.000 Bizantines againts 40.000 turks AND IT WAS IN FUCKING 1071

Americans should be banned from Veeky Forums

Manzikert was not part of Europe. I still stand by everything I said. At Agincourt, largest battle of Medieval Europe, French only had 12 thousand soliders.

>French only had 12 thousand soliders

*30 thousand

You can fuck off with your Franciboo shilling.

>largest battle of Medieval Europe
not even close even in the Battle of Tours (FUCKING 732) historians claim that were almost 80.000 frenchs and and 60.000 muslims, but if you dont want to take the highest stimated (even i f you are using the highest stimated at 30.000 mongols) the lowest stimated are 35.000 french and 25.000 muslims.

Oh wait, you will tell me that France is not part of Europe

>Manzikert was not part of Europe
>it's not part of Europe even if it happend in Europe and the Byzantine Empire was a european country if it not fit in my narrative

>You stupid fuck, 30 thousand WAS far higher then what ANY European nation could muster
Almost all the Bizantine-Arab battles and even the Visigothic-arabs in Spain had far more soldiers in each side

>The Entire European population of that time was like 1/30 to that of China.
Why are you even here? The population of Europa was around 60-70 millions in the 13th century compared to China that had 118 millions...

Tours was 15 thousand French vs 20 thousand Arabs you fucking moron.

The Mongols had Chinese experts to help them out in their naval campaign.

Too bad the stupid Yuan Caste system meant they weren't in positions of command.

No, it was only 12 thousand French. And Anglos won by pure luck. Come at me, Angloboo.

Still higher than Agrincourt that you claimed was "the largest battle in Medieval European history" so stop shilling shit out of your mouth, jesus, sinoboos are even worst than weaboos

He never denied it. He told you the different estimates and that you would be a hypocrite if you take the lowest because you are using the highest point. Guess what, he was right

He never denied it. He told you the different estimates and that you would be a hypocrite if you take the lowest because you are using the highest. Guess what, he was right

Shut the fuck up, you fucking retard. My point still stands, you imbecile.

your point was that until the XVI no european army field 30.000 mens, and there are plenty of examples because if you werent a fucking amateur you would know that population has nothing to do with the ammout of troops that you can field, the problem is with logistics and the chinese fucked at it

Holy Wind

Water is super effective against the Mongols. The Mongols also lost to the "Indonesians" and Vietnamese, in which naval battles were involved. The Mongols have a horrible record when it comes to maritime invasions.

in the time between the first and second invasions the Japanese had undertaken a massive effort of fortifying coastal towns and villages

>in 1200's Japs were still nothing more than fucking numand tribes
nice try korean gook monkey

Mongol invincibility is somewhat of a meme. The Delhi Sultanate repeatedly beat them in open battle. Their successes are more due to China sucking at war, central asia being weak and divided, and Europe being a primitive backwater

They had better guns, obviously.

>Their successes are more due to China sucking at war
>Mongs invaded during a time when Chinks are fighting amongst themselves and it took Mongs literal decades to subdue Southern Song.

The invasion of Japan was not the only failure of the mongols.Their armies were excellent, but on flat lands only, this is why they conquered easily northern China, middle east and eastern europe where the mongol cavalry absolutely rekt everything they came across.

However when they had to fight on more "rugged" terrain they were in difficulty. This is why they failed the invasion of Japan but also the invasion of Java, Thailand, Vietnam, Croatia, and Austria. The conquest of southern China was also way more slower than the conquest of the north.

> defeating Changtai Khanate

Changtai invaded India 30 years after Ain Jalut had already marked the first avenged Mongol defeat and the Mongols had already fought 3 civil wars among themselves. The Changtai that invaded India is a far cry from the Mongols that invaded Jin/Song, Khwarezmia, and Eastern Europe.

>during a time when Chinks are fighting amongst themselves

Jin dynasty was a foreign-ruled conquest dynasty, no different from Yuan or Qing.

Blame the Northern Song's paranoia over it's military and preference for bribing Nomadshits. The Military had no problems, it was the civil government that was owing to the experience of the last years of the Tang Dynasty's fall, which was due to laxity in controlling the military.

wot? I'm just saying that Jin was a foreign-ruled conquest dynasty, so the statement of "chinks fighting amongst themselves" is erroneous.

Are foreign ruled conquest dynasties not Chinese though?

If you consider Yuan to be "Chinese" then, yes. If you consider Yuan to be "Mongolian" then, no.