Be training boxing for 4 years

>be training boxing for 4 years
>last year i added muay thai to my work out
>train at the gym of my local football club (that's football, not hand-egg for you burgerclaps)
>it's a strictly no bs gym, we are trained by an old veteran like they used to back when men were men. part of our routine is climbing up & down the steps of the stadium with our hands while someone holds your ankles for 15 mins. then the same while carring somebody on your back
>now its off season so the gym is closed
>sign up to a nearby gym to stay Veeky Forums and because going out for a jog by yourself is mind numbingly boring
>its nothing but juiced up meatheads on roids feeling eachother up in a homoerotic fest of repressed tough brolove
>be a light middle weight, not a large guy by any standard but i have a boxing musculature and very low bodyfat, its all strictly functional for endurance, stamina and absorbing impacts
>they all give me a DYEL look
>they scream louder with every lift that any of us ever did taking a left hook to the liver
>their cardio is laughable, they are worn out after 10 mins of bike. and by the looks i bet none of this spastic gorillas can even skip the rope
>i see them sitting on the benches talking
>"hey, are you done with the bench here?"
>"no, its being used"
>whateverdude.txt
>i swear to god this guy, shaved head and a goatee, even seems offended by the fact that i just walked off to another machine the minute he says no
>they have a couple of heavy bags where they vent off their roid rage
>walk to them since im done warming up
>hear loud screams coming of one, the retards are gathered around the one that's being used
1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IvOcdUVUhXg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2/2
>its embarrasing to say the least
>theyre giving props each other convinced they're killer machines to be reckoned with
>none of these 240 pounds walking test labs can throw a decent punch
>they're just flabbing their sluggish, pizza-skinned arms towards the bag
>bag barely moves
>guard always open
>all those muscles for fucking nothing
>literally nothing but fapping to a mirror
>baldie with goatee seems to be "coaching" the retard "working" the bag
>"keep working that mean jab, thats good bro, thats good"
>mfw they call that a jab
>try my best to look respectful, but i guess i slipped a constanza, it was too much
>they look back like "keep staring like that and you're next, das rite"
>walk right next to the bag thats free
>takealookatthisfagget.png
>start my heavybag routine, like any standard boxer would, nothing out of the orindary but a standard workout with proper technique and decent speed
>apparently it shakes harder than they ever seen
>after a couple of combinations guy next to me stops
>they can't understand how bigger muscles doesnt mean shit
>start adding hi kicks, elbows and knees to the heavy bag work out
>after a minute i realize the whole gym's gone silent, even the machines in the back
>their look, quiet, not even mirrin, just quietly staring
>i catch a glimpse of baldie
>a certain sadness
>their egos broken
>mfw they realized the actual extent of all their effort
>mfw they realized why their badboy attitude meant shit to me
>mfw i train with kids that are jr welterweights that could end a fight with these retards in under half a minute
>mfw i realized body building is the blue collar of fitness, it only takes patience and dedication but virtually no skill
>mfw that's why its the only discipline where people with down syndrome can perform on a competitive level
the ones that werent too proud just waited after i was done to ask for some tips. i was kind enough to explain them the basics 3 times to them, at least they were trying
sick gainz, Veeky Forums

>and then I woke up

>mfw i realized body building is the blue collar of fitness, it only takes patience and dedication but virtually no skill

DELET THIS

i cringed (at you)

I don't remember subscribing to this blog

Diary of a skelly - Day 1

>down syndrome people can compete in bodybuilding
>post picture of one power lifting

Started off like a "muh functional muscle" type of cross fit rant.
Ended nice.
>Ascended

>this completely refutes OPs point

tl;dr cardiobunny/bwg is better if you want to punch heavy sack of socks

Fucking sucks because the only martial art gym I have in my city is fucking bjj.

Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but I've wrestled the majority of my life already so standup is really what I'm lacking.

What other martial arts do you have experience with? I am currently training systema, i was thinking about mixing in something groundbased in. Any recomendations?
Pic unrelated

>>mfw i realized body building is the blue collar of fitness, it only takes patience and dedication but virtually no skill
Well said OP.

Any person who lifts weights with the goal of looking buff or lifting more weights and thinks this is hard, makes him tough or a badass who you shouldn't mess with, is kidding themselves. If you lift to look pretty, you're a vain, narcissistic, unskilled plebeian with light homoerotic tendencies. You should do resistance training to excel at physical endeavors/sports. Be the man your ancestors wanted you to be.

>estonian flag
are you from estonia or just random pic? don't see many estonians around here

OP's gonna be butt hurt when a BJJ fag shoots a single and all his striking is for not

Good night sweet prince

>things that never happened

Boxing is the truth. Mix the heavy bag in with a variety of shadow boxing and head movement drills. My strength, cardio, and overall physique are through the roof. With boxing, you have to have heart that many of you fags may not have. It's exhausting and repitive, but the grind is so worth it. The day some faggot try's to size me up, they get rocked with a right to the body ending their pathetic life. Grind on and work that jab, your shoulder mass will thank you. Bjj faggots will get rocked with a fury of fists before they have time to close a gap. Heavy bag is life if you want it bad enough. All street nigs fight southpaw and have predictable punch indicators.

Implying there are any organs on the left side of the body

>livers under right pec

>right hand will hirt under left pec

>DA fuq you hitting cuz

This is the only boxing club in my city
youtube.com/watch?v=IvOcdUVUhXg

Your broken ribs argue otherwise. A lightening combo will rock your airway and stamina.

you're only telling us this because you want to feel good about yourself. So
1) Kill yourself
2) Any sport needs genetics if you want be a pro, even bodybuilding, not just patience and dedication
3) You're a massive faggot and I hope a DYEL shoots you just to show you how obsolete your "fighting" abilities are.

>i-i could be as big as them if i wanted
Yeah, okay retard.
Go back to /lgbt/ because you're faggotry is too much for Veeky Forums

Not him, but that comic is dumb. It's trying to be sarcastic but what it's saying is completely true. The smarter you are, the faster you can think, the more easily you can bring down much more physically bigger opponents.

That's the point of fucking David and Goliath, one of the oldest stories in history. Goliath was big and strong but David figured out if she just makes a sling that throws rocks he can bring him down no sweat

Wow its almost as if different people train for different sports

Kys you dumb faggot you certainly chose the right sport because you are this fucking stupid it wont make any difference if ur brain takes heavy damage from some punch

>David and Goliath
>here's literally a fable that never fucking happened to support my claim
No matter what you say, a lighter weight class can never beat anyone with 60lbs more muscle. At least in a fair fight

You stupid faggot do you not even know what a fable is

Look a fucking human beings. We're fucking weak as fuck. Try to get the strongest man to fight the strongest animal and he'll get fucking wrecked.

But we still managed to fucking dominate the world, and that's cause we're fucking disgustingly smart. Like seriously, human intelligence is so huge and capable of so much it's fucking filthy.

And your definition of a "fair fight" is just a fight with some arbitrary restrictions placed on it. aka, a "fake fight."

In a REAL fight, the smarter one will always win.

> Bjj faggots will get rocked with a fury of fists before they have time to close a gap

> Things boxing fags tell themselves

Goliath was a dumbfuck who should have used a bow.

>tfw you realize life isn't all about fighting

You're just angry dyel skeleton( probably a manlet too) with "mad fighting skills" that you'll probably never get to apply outside of the gym, and even if you had the chance it's probably best not to unless you're in a life threatening situation, and now you're questioning your choices so you come here and try to validate them by making up stories.

Goliath picks up a bow, David invents a gun. There's always a smarter way of doing things

>be working out with buddies on the bench
>a skinny fag come near us to ask if we use it
>my friend ask him if he wants to rotate in
>he doesn't answer and mumble something while leaving to go on another machine
>whatever
>my friend hits the bag between sets to do some cardio or w/e he's just having fun
>skeletal stares at us with a snarky smile
>we nod at him
>he pushes his glasses on his nose and come to the bag saying "yare yare daze..."
>he proceeds to hit the bag while making "hush hush" noises every two seconds
>the bag doesn't move
>every people in the gym look at him, some shake their head in a sad motion
>it becomes very awkward, skeleton is literally crying, we hear anime music bursting out of his headphones
>he eventually stops and look at us
>"you see, this is strength, I could knock out every single one of you. When you were partying I was studying the fist, when you were looking at you in the mirror I was suffering in the ring, when you were vainly lifting weights I was winning my fights"
>"but we don't care about fighting, we just lift to feel good about ourselves and be healthy, not to be ready for a street fight where you could die by falling on the concrete or a knife"
>skeleton starts to sweat
>he whispers "baka..." and leaves the gym

>>mfw i realized body building is the blue collar of fitness, it only takes patience and dedication but virtually no skill
You're retarded. Many sports "take patience and dedication but virtually no skill"
- sprint
- swimming
- gymnastic
- OL
- ballet
etc..
All these sports require to learn some specific movements with a specific form and you have to them with a perfect form. The rest is linked to your genetic and your physical training. You don't need to outsmart your opponent.
Of course it's far easier to learn how to curl properly than doing gymnastic, but if you go in powerlifting you can lift for years and still learn something in benching/deadlifting/squatting

This. Boxing for fighting in the street is the same than lifting for girls.

>implying you need more than a solid upwards shot into the bottom ribs to end a fight and leave someone unable to move
nigga if you break some ribs toward their lungs they are fucking done, not to puncture or anything even cracking them and hitting the floater

holy fuck guys bjj, boxing and muay thai are sports that have rules, they dont teach small joint manipulation, eye strikes, or any of the other shit that is actually useful in a fight, dont get me wrong its better than nothing, but its not learning something that is practical like krav
t. muay thai dude that knows none of you have been in a real fight

>he thinks he wont get stabbed by keys or eye gouged or hit by a chair or ganged up by mutiple people in a real fighting scenario
just run away or use a weapon u faggits, real fights =/= your "martial arts"

If you want to learn how to fight outside of a gym, join the army.

Kektus

Dunno, I'm a middleweight and regularly spar with people who have 60lbs and more on me. Tey invariably get thrown and submitted in short order.

nuh uh to any y'all bein tuff
yuh huh to me bein tuff

any quest chins

>one with the sling and rocks will always win
ftfy

My name isn't Dunno, Dano.

Just fyi, 'soccer' was a british term before it was used by americans.

Not if happens and Goliath has a bow

My bad, apologies.

My name isn't apologies, Dano.

all i said was that a punch there could do damage m8

>Step into my guard, gro!

>All street nigs fight southpaw
The fuck you on about? I'm the only southpaw in a gym of 30, they can't be that much more common on the street.

Guys this is so relevant to me... I've been training at a mma gym for the past 1.5 years or so and i've really enjoyed it but now I'm getting worried about punches to the head and so on.. I mean how many IQ points can I afford to lose? and I'm lightweight but well built, and I have gone to the gym a couple months but it's so boring and not as engaging ( doesn't require skill etc..). Advice? should i become full out Veeky Forums bro or a fast, braindamaged fighter type???

Just stay away for hard sparring and competing and you'll be fine. Each KO is a permanent brain innjury.

every punch in the head is minus 3 IQ points and a cubic centimeter of penis meat.

You also have the smallest penis in your gym, the most sexual experience as a bottom for other men, and the chunkiest skid marks in your underpants.

Yeah never been Ko'd luckily. The problem is I've got a really conservative coach and he's doing it old school style so hard sparring all around...

>tfw don't want to be metrosexual gym bro but not braindamaged fighter either
Can I mix both?

mfw in a real fight one of those guys picks you up and slams you onto the ground, knocking you out instantly

>''Heh, Dumb sheeple around me'' mentality
Top cringe OP,it's funny how you brag and feel so much superior over them because your training method is different and want to make yourself feel better with the whole ''how men used to train'' bullshit just because you have better endurance,have you ever thought that they are literally on the opposite spectrum of you,while you brag about having more endurance and feel so much superior and euphoric because of it despite them being stronger they can also do the same by considering you pathetic since you are so much weaker than them and all you have is endurance, stop the angsty teenager bullshit and grow up you special snowflake faggot.

The best groundbased discipline is BJJ(Brazilian Jiujutsu) desu.

Sluta slösa bort din tid och kom till Muay Thai gymmet i Arvika för fan(Stop wasting your time and come to the Muay Thai gym in Arvika[neighboring town] goddamit)

I've been into this "mental conflict", I did 2 years of Muay thai (in France it's boxing, not a MA). I loved it, I had to stop eventually and went into lifting weight with friends.
Now I just lift (I do mostly PL and forearms work though I want to be strong, not especially esthetic) and I'm fine with that, boxing wouldn't bring me anything since "light" boxing is useless for me, and "hard" boxing damage you in the worst way possible (brain is all you have when you're old).
If you enjoy boxing just for the sport, go to another gym with a coach that let you control sparring (agreeing with your sparring partner for a light session).
If you enjoy boxing because it makes you feel manly/dangerous or whatever you're heading the wrong direction, same if you hope to be effective in a street fight
There are plenty of fun sports that are enjoyable and don't damage your brain if it's scaring you

How will OP ever recover?

Gå dit och knocka allihopa

>who is Saenchai

good stuff

>implying anyone would not do something self-explanatory in a no-rules fight
>"small joint manipulation"
>"""""pressure points""""
Krav fags will believe the silliest shit

I've heard that modern Krav is really watered down in America, and that its tough to find a legit teacher

Creative writing thread?

>ballet, gymnastics and olympic lifting require no skill because you can learn it

op obviously meant that bodybuilding is peasant-tier activity because its dumbed down compared to any other sport

you need decade to learn whole gymnastics spectrum but only like 2 hours to learn bodybuilding

It's true for isolation movements. But not for the three biggies DL/Bench/Squat
Doing them properly and with all the tips to be efficient take years of experience.

Without laughing.

I think I can fuck up a gorilla with bare hands

I practice MMA for 7 years now, boxing in parallel for 6 years, I could.
Not to count strength training at the gym for 4 years, 6 ft 1 1/2 for 189 lbs.

I have an insane speed, reflexes similar to my speed. I just have to wait for him to charge me, dodge his attacks, and throw good punches to his head. I won't stop, and at the smallest mistake he does, the gorilla is finished.

You'll always have virgins from here thinking that it's impossible.

First, nothing is impossible with will, my friends, and 2) that's not with your weak ass bodies that you'll do anything.

Any man with a minimum of training can beat a gorilla with a knife anyway.

With bare hands, that is not necessarily more complicated, it just requires technical skills.

>Any man with a minimum of training can beat a gorilla with a knife anyway
This. Filthy gorillas don't stand a chance against my katana that has been folded over 1000 times, made with best Japanese steel by best Japanese smiths.

And then the whole gym started clapping

Have you stopped to realize how sad your behaviour is yet, user? I'll wait.

No shit? Most normies don't have enough patience or dedication to go to the gym more than once every two weeks. Yes, a dedicated downsie do it. ANYONE can go to the gym and get really ripped, it's not hard. BUT they choose not to because they are too lazy, lack dedication, are "too tired" from work. Literally anyone could body build but they don't because they lack the willpower.

Is this b8? So every "real" fight should escalate to the largest scale one can bring it to? Get your boys together and grab some assault rifles and grenades? Are you retarded?

>david
>she
did you just assume david gender?

the fucking baka got me so hard
well done

Is this real

>implying i dont know that roaches/niggers go out in paks
>implying i am not doing martial arts just to be able to keep calm during a fight and know how to precisly use the weapons i am always carryimg with me
>implying i relax around niggers

>ballet is as hard as lifting because they require to learn some specific movements with a specific form and you have to them with a perfect form
ok then i guess power lifting is as hard as playing lead violin on an orchestra
jesus you're retarded

boxers that suffer dementia pugilista are guys that have over 30 professional fights, even more amateur ones and countless hours of sparring in the gym
no, its not healthy for you to receive blows to the head
but its a long long road to get permanent brain damage
if you dont want to spar, then don't do it
if you're gonna do it, do it to prove yourself and to put your skills to the test, not to impress somebody else
also, do it with somebody in your weight class
i've sparred sporadically over the years but because of an eye surgery now i just do bag work
its ok
i know people that have sparred for decades and are sharp as a razor
just dont over do it

>all you have is endurance
>develop endurance pretty much too keep working non stop on perfecting technique
>all you have is endurance tho
>learning how to throw a punch makes you a lot weaker in a fight with somebody that trains to lift heavy things
Ok.

>BJJ fag
>shooting a single

Nah he'll pull guard sloppily.

>Implying it takes smarts to do what David did

All he did was throw a rock with his sling, the weapon he'd been using to fend off wolves from his flock of sheep for years, and lucked out because Goliath was retarded and ditched his shieldbearer .

I practiced Karate once....

THE ONLY SINGLE GODFORSAKEN FUCKING THING that I have used it is to joke around with my friends. Know how to punch a bag aint gonna help you much in life.