Eastern Romance and Romaniancentrism

If the nomenclature of the indo-european languages are grouped among some very broad and generally acceptable characteristics, like what accounts for a language to be "German" and what distinguishes it from other languages similar, but different to it, then no such thing exists in Romanian linguistic studies.

Allow me to explain. There is a clear classification and distinction between English and Danish, because even if both share some broad linguistic similarities, they are nevertheless classified as "Germanic" languages, not "German" languages.

Romance languages also have a classification, between Western and Eastern varieties that once formed a dialect continuum. Among the Eastern Romance languages, there was a common Urheimat which formed somewhere between the 7th and 11th century AD

Among them, these are the historically attested Eastern Romance languages

1. Romanian
2. Aromanian
3. MeglenoRomanian
4. IstroRomanian

These might also count for Eastern Romance, but that's debatable
5. Istriot
6. Dalmatian

Notice how most of the Eastern Romance languages contain the word "Romanian" in them. This is merely out of political and geographic convenience. The people themselves use a totally different endonym. Aromanians call themselves "Armãnj", Megleno and Istro Romanians "Vlashi" or other local names

Another fact to this classification, is that romanian linguists name 2-4, as romanian "dialects" therefor they are viewed as a sub-set of the romanian nation. According to romanian linguists, these balkan romance speakers all originated from the bigger and common branch of proto-romanian, which migrated there late in the 16th-18th centuries to form their modern day identities (Pic 1).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AbUNDfxP7Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=0f9wLcABAE0
youtube.com/watch?v=xaATecdsqGk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, romanian linguists officially call the Eastern Romance Urheimat as solely the birthplace of "Proto-Romanian" from which all other balkan romance languages derive. Not only that, said Urheimat is placed by romanian linguistics on the territory of present day Romania, when given the similar features of romance languages with albanian, it is clear as day that the Urheimat was located south of the Danube, rather than the north (Pic 2)

Due to nationalist politics, romanians cannot conceive other balkan romance people to be different to them in any way, even if it is much more logical that said languages indeed share a common ancestor, but ultimately evolved to be separate and different entities

The question hence put forward is, what should the name for the Eastern Romance Urheimat be, so that it doesn't suffer from bias or any cultural-centric point of view?

So where does Albanian fit in?

The numerous common base words found in both romanian and albanian. What's interesting is that these words are from latin,dacian and slavic origin, so it only makes sense that both Albanian and Romanian evolved in close proximity to each other. It's not so far fetched that they might have shared the same ethnogenesis.

All of them in number of about 300 words

Source?

The other branches are insignificant and not as distant from Romanian as to warrant a different term. A Romanian can still hold a coherent conversation with people from the other branches of Balkan Latins.

Just gonna drop this here as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=AbUNDfxP7Xs

>A Romanian can still hold a coherent conversation with people from the other branches of Balkan Latins.

Not true. Romanian and aromanian are diferent. Aromanian uses a lot of arhaic terms that are forgotten in the romanian language, also its a lot rougher to the ear.Aromanian is to a romanian as distant as spanish or latin.You can understand words, but not full sentences
t. Romanian who has aromanian friends

Most of those are pronounced nearly identically and can easily be deduced by each speaker.
>Aromanian is to a romanian as distant as spanish or latin
Simply not true.

I live with an albanian aromanian in my room, and i can't understand shit neither is it close to standart romanian

like said, you can understand individual words but you can't make a coherent organic conversation.

Puisor, traiesc intr-un oras unde 10% sunt aromani. Degeaba te caci pe tine, limba armaneasca nu este asa usoara de inteles pe cat zici tu.

t.

>Most of those are pronounced nearly identically and can easily be deduced by each speaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=0f9wLcABAE0

Even this guy says his ancestors traditionally consider Romania as their homeland, but i didn't understand at least 1% of what he said, and i doubt other romanians would either.

Istro-Romanian is the most distant branch and has sustained heavy Italian influences, but even that video is cherry-picking.

You can understand random words like iezer,tunel or canal but most of us would be lost without the subtitles.

Here's one more.
Listen to what these guys are saying and tell me you don't understand them.
youtube.com/watch?v=xaATecdsqGk

Why is it that you're obsessed with clinging to some vague similarities?

Romania historically ignored their entire existence since forever. Let the people build an identity for themselves.

I never claimed that. I was simply arguing that these branches do not warrant different denominations. Perhaps they will in a few hundred years but even that is unlikely considering languages have been standardized and nowdays the different branches have a ton of contact between them too.

>these branches do not warrant different denominations

You would be surprised there's less differences between the various scandinavian dialects, than between romanian and istro/aromanian

Istro-Romanians maybe, Aromanians definitely not. Either way the different Nordic countries were all successful and developed into modern states. The Balkan Romance family is dominated by Romanians.

>The Balkan Romance family is dominated by Romanians.

That still doesn't warrant romanian linguists to monopolize the subject of discussion with their stupid political nationalism

Nationalism has nothing to do with it mate, Romania isn't gonna annex the Balkans when nobody's looking.

As long as Romania doesn't do anything to support their cultural communities, i don't see how that gives any right to appropriate other people's culture.

>As long as Romania doesn't do anything to support their cultural communities
Kek, nice whataboutism.
The Balkan latins have a shared culture and heritage wherever or not it fits your political agenda, Schlomo.

>The Balkan latins have a shared culture and heritage

There's a difference between a shared culture, like the germanics or slavs, and made-up claims over other cultures.

Hungarian revizionist historians most likely

/thread

>Hungarian revizionist

The author is Dan Ungureanu

>Ungureanu

The paper is called "Common Lexic in Romanian and Albanian. Substrate and Loanwords" If you want to read it.

You're not Romanian are you? I was making fun of the fact that your not Hungarian historian's last name is literally "The Hungarian".

So what? It's a good scientific paper on linguistics, written by a romanian at a European school in Prague.

Not the original guy mate, just thought it was kinda funny. The paper seems mostly alright but I think it more confirms the similarities than anything else. All those words you listed sound nearly identical.

kek
ROMAnian pseudoscience

>All those words you listed sound nearly identical.

>So are they loanwords or substrate ? As we have shown in our article about the substrate, with examples from many languages, the words common to Romanian, Arumanian and Albanian are, typologically, substrate in many languages.

Those on the list you gave? Mostly from the Thraco-Dacian substrate and the Latin base though all of the languages also faced Slavic influences which funnily enough led to some similar words despite being isolated from each other since the 13th century.

With or without the slavic influences, the hypothetical Urheimat of the albanians would in no case be placed north to the danube, where present day Romania is.

No it definitely wouldn't be, they are most likely descended from the Illyrians who were also reinforced by other Thracian people who got pushed out by nomads. They're native to the Balkans.

Careful now, Albanians being Illyrians is quite the meme nowadays

What do you suggest they are then?