What do you do for a living Veeky Forums?

About to start doing an apprenticeship, looking for some suggestions, list what your work as, what it pays and the hours.

I'm a banker for one of the large banks. My annual was $75,600 last year and I'm in San Diego, ca

>$75,600

That will get you a cheese burger in San Diego.

QA Tester in the movie industry, previously videogames. Make about 35k in LA

I know it isn't much, but I work my ass off and like what I do.

Sometimes I wish I did manual labor though.

Industrial inspector here. I help monitor the mechanical integrity of an important refinery in the South. 40 hour work week. Salary a little over 85k per year.

i work in a hardware store as ofinicinist, i earn 350 dollars a month and i work 9 hourse, 8 am to 5 pm

Combat vet, senior philosophy major on my way to law school

logistics. all i do all day is drinking tea, browsing fit and his, and occasionally printing some invoices or bills of lading. actually other people print these docs, i am usually the one who revises their poorly done work.
the pros? i start working at 10:00, so in the morning i can hit the gym.
cons? if somebody fucks something up, i have to clean up the mess, so nobody gets fined or fired.
pay? as much as your customer is ready to pay you.

>pay? as much as your customer is ready to pay you.
So you have 6 room mates, eh? You know....to help with the bills n shit....

Work in a factory.

I'm on my feet 8 hours a day walking backwards and forwards. I don't eat enough to get gains even though I workout. Which sucks cause I need gains.

Student medfag, I also sell a bit of weed to pay for my rent, food and whatnot but I'm planning on stopping once I graduate.

Nigga, u gone graduate in prison.

Linux system administrator. I make about 30% more than the windows admins at my company. Usually average 60 hours a week. I kind of want to go to a trade school and learn how to be a lineman though.

Studying computer and electric engineering. I like it, it's very hands on, even though sometimes it takes away time from lifting.

I'm looking for a part time gig as a junior developer, though most places where I am only hire full-time. I might get a full-time job at the end of the year so I get some good spending cash, even if wages in my area are kind of shit.

that's a stupid risk to take seeing as how you're in medschool and on the cusp of financially making it, only a little bit 'till residency then you're set. Good luck op, don't get pinched.

I used to work in lands management, I was in an office about half the time and in the field the other half. My office work was examining maps, surveys (written and drawn) and aerial photos, as well as plans for land-use, etc. My field work was checking out the lands in my files, taking photos, doing enforcement on policy decisions, that sort of thing. Money was good, around $52000/yr in a rural area.
Now I work as a mid-level bureaucrat in my region's capital. The job sucks but it pays about $12000/yr more. I kind of regret changing jobs though.

Im a chicken farmer having 3000 chicks moving out of the second floor and into the cages for egg production next week.
I earn about 15k euro a year with about 10% of that not being maintenance costs for the chickens and money free to spend.

Im a chicken farmer having 3000 chicks moving out of the second floor and into the cages for egg production next week.
I earn about 15k euro a year with about 10% profit.

I earn about 15k euro a year with about 10% of that not being maintenance costs for the chickens and money free to spend.

Are you really
What country though lol

>geomatics surveyor/underground locator
>civil engineering degree
>12hrs/day
>14 on 14 off
>$41 hourly

You're making them big bucks

what's it take to get this job senpai?

I'm an australian airforce officer cadet I get paid 50,000 a year to study and ill be a pilot when I'm done. It's pretty good I basically get paid to go to the gym and study.

Noice

Starting a civil engineering degree after summer
Currently I am doing nothing

There needs to be jobs available mostly. They will hire anyone off the street when things are busy, and in a few years you can work your way from assistant to surveyor if you put effort into learning, but at least 60% of the surveyors out there are out of work. Times are tough. If there is no construction, no one needs surveyors.

You also need to pass a piss test and be able to walk all day. Not being a fucking retard who can't be trusted to hammer a stick in the ground helps too, but isn't necessarily a requirement...

Civil is a lot better than geomatics. Any geomatics company will hire you with a civil degree, but a geomatics degree is only good for geomatics.

I work for a small architecture firm with 55k salary I average about 25-30hrs a week and do freelance on the side. Will make 75-80k this year. Live in LA so it doesn't go super far but it's easy, I get to sleep in and make my own hours and I like what I do.

I'd love to get that 1%er money soon though.

Sounds like you're living the dream bro

am canadian bush pilot making 40ish a year depending on how busy it is.

Track Supervisor, $86,000 plus bonus plus stock options, about 60 hours a week.

Are you seriously looking for suggestions? Get into a field involving the transportation of commercial and industrial goods. And not as a truck driver, that's a job for drop outs and brown people.

Getting to be pretty busy out here with all the high ways shut down by fires; you working in BC?

Attorney, 180k

Will require a useless bachelor degree and then 300k for law school. Do computers instead

It's really nice for the gym, I can go any time I want pretty much. I just really feel like my money doesn't go far at all, mostly cause the housing market is absolute shit in LA.

I'm trying to save for a big downpayment and wait for the market to go down otherwise I'll just pay cash for a house elsewhere if I really want a house. I've been in a pretty shitty apartment for 8 years and I could 'afford' to move but it's really not worth the money, so I'm essentially stuck here.

No idea how I'd go about starting a family ATM & I'm 32, my GF is 27. Life tends to figure itself out though. Until then I'm enjoying life, especially the summer. Each summer seems to get better and better.

I'm a traveling department manager for a grocery chain. I never have to drive more than an hour and with the mileage pay i pull in around 52k a year. I'm comfortable but I'm considering getting a trade or going back to school for engineering since my geology degree has lead me nowhere.

Industrial engineer, I work for the us government(sort of). 65k, a year out of school so slightly lower than private industry standard but I get good benefits and I work whatever hours I want as long as I get in 40/week so it's not bad

I need help Veeky Forums- does anyone know any future-proof, high salary careers with a straightforward path to attainment? overwhelmed by choice here.

25 - uk - small business owner - hit mediocre income ceiling - finished school with 3 a-levels ABC- want more - feel listless

pls help pls

Mortgage Banker. 50-70k depending on how the season goes.

What is there to qa in movies? Isn't that a games/software only sort of thing?

I work in a gym supplement store.

I mainly work on the players themselves and high end ultra HD tvs.

Things like, ensuring the anti piracy measures work, no visual glitches, everything works as it should, subtitles are correct, etc.

theres more to life than jobs

get good at something besides sitting at a desk

I hear from pretty much any professional not to go into their career. Seems like any highly educated job never meets people's expectations. If I could go to school all over again I'd have no idea what I'd do (architect). It seems like the programmer train is slowing down, but I'm old enough if I got my shit together years ago I probably coulda been making a lot by now. No idea if I'd be any good at it or if I'd hate it, though.

28, making six figures browsing mongolian throat singing online community at work. But officialy I'm something like a systems administrator

financial security and the ability to provide for a family would be swell though

yeah started off with a com sci program in uni. good god the amount of sitting necessary. it's unreal. not for everyone... but anyways that's what i tell myself to cope with my useless "BSc." in psych.

luckily i took psych, so i recognize that its a coping strategy.

Fulltime work at a high end bar. 23k per year

Thats in eurodollar

Work as an inventory clerk my country's Armed Forces

Aspire to be a military officer or border patrol agent since the pay is good

Got a worthless economics degree and I've been a NEET for 2 months.

>considering a masters in finance
>also considering a trade, since I'm the only man in my family not involved in either construction or an electrician

Medical equipment/electrical engineer, 80k yearly, 40-50hrs a week depending on what we have going on. I'm 27yo so there's still room to expand.

Im 26. Floor covering apprentice. Tile work and showers are the things I really love about the job. Probably going to specialize in them. Very intensive labour at times. Made 56k last year. Going for Journeyman in a few months. Ill at least double what I make now, even in this shit economy.

Medical doctor studying pediatrics, earns 56k per year and I work 70+ hours per week.

>J U S T

Econ is a great background for law or consulting. Probably need some work experience before thinking about an mba

Almost every job requires fuck tons of sitting

I actually do like being an attorney, but there are easier ways to make good money with a better lifestyle. A light week is 60 hours a week. If we're in trial mode, it gets fucked up

Yikes. It's gotta suck working that much but I'd probably do it for 180k. Do you ever get used to the hours? What do you do with your money?

Insurance agent
Make around 45k a year cost of living here is cheap though
Its boring as fuck though I want to fucking commit sudoku everyday

Parking lot attendant over the summer at the beach. 90% of the time I am sitting on my ass in a comfy office chair and taking money and handing out tickets getting paid decently for it. Worst part of the job is cleaning up the lot after so theres no glass etc. Plenty of qts that I can't talk to because
>tfw when the only people you talk to are on Veeky Forums or discord
so I miss out on plenty of qt pussy. There's a female police officer that walks over and talks to me if she is stationed in that area of the city. Shes like late 20s and about to go full on Mommy status.

I invest and pay off loans. Once I'm done with loans and more than an entry-level associate shit won't be so bad.

Bouncer

Pharmacy Tech. 15hr. 40hours a week, 9-5. No room for advancement and no respect. Get treated like a child by pharmacy students younger than me and get to listen to them cry over not having their credit card limit increased as they go overseas for a summer internship in Europe.

I need a career and I need one fast.

same, except the cost of living is ridiculous where i live and i can't afford shit
t. toronto-fag

I've heard insurance laws are at least decent there. Just like everything else here in america our goverment tries to fuck us over at every turn.

They are, but the cost of that is ridiculously high.

I love telling newcomers and immigrants who ask why their car insurance cost $6k+/year that it's because they're now in the civilized world full of lawsuits and liability

Why do people want to do manual labor? Have you worked manual labor before? I have and it sucks.

I bet you make lots of money and are good at many things

Only rich kids say shit like that. Like they romanticize busting their ass and being impoverished

I work inhouse at a hospital. Salary ranged from 45k-70k before overtime.

Not a bad job, but you have to wrestle crackheads / crazies fairly often.

With all the areas of law why would you want to be an Attorney?

In house security**

manual labor in an automotive factory. slugging parts and welding in the heat.

>tfw earn 7 dollars an hour every hour every week off investments

? Then eat

Currently interning as an environmental technician/consultant. If I were to work there right after graduating they'd probably pay me like 30k or something. I'm hoping to go to dental school though. Going to have to take an extra year to do it, though. The way I see it is I'd rather live poor as fuck for the next few years than live poor for the rest of my life.

Sounds like fun. Do you have to be experienced to work security in a hospital? Or can I just dive straight into that without previous watching netflix at night experience?

>Be a roofer
>Living in a trailer with no AC without a contract with the landlord because it's the cheapest thing you could find
>Landlord doesn't pay phone bills
>Going without eating to save a hundred dollars a month/being a dumb nigger and not saving money at all
>Getting up at 4am to walk to work in the morning because you can't afford a car
>Foreman and other long time employees are always drunk or tweaking on the job site
>Can't afford machinery so you carry shingles up a two story ladder
>Fall off and hurt yourself
>Can't do anything because all your medical insurance quotes are more than you make in a month, so suck it up and end up all gimpy
>All of this and you're only 18

Yeah, so fucking romantic. It's like people who've never been in a fight or slept outside wanting to live in another point in history. Or Tumblr communists wishing they lived in the USSR.

*Landlord doesn't pay bills

Sorry, thinking about my phone bill. My landlord keeps blowing my rent on pills and not fucking paying the electric. I have a well, so that also means no water.

Depends. We also do fire marshal duties so fire experience is a plus. I was an animal control officer before I did this. Most the people I worked with did some kind of security before.

My situation is rare though, most hospitals hire retard contract security who get paid fuckall and aren't allowed to do anything.

Would recomend the job though

>Usually average 60 hours a week.

How do you work so much??

Ayeeeeeeeeee

I browse this place as well, not usually work though

I don't have that kind of time, also not a sys admin. thank god...

Laborer here. Just reroofed a house for 350 dollars and some things to make you work harder/faster.

I'd kill children to have your cushy ass city job.

Work hard and you can achieve anything

Also, try to aim a bit higher QA aint shit

Slovenia.

Cop (in a smaller and safe wealthy department or "village"), pays well with off-duty (if I bust my ass I can make over $100k a year), great benefits, pension. I don't do a lot of physical work actually, but I have the city gym. Pretty cool.

Too bad that all these fast food places offer you free food... too easy to just grab a slice of pizza or burger on the run.

>35k
>in LA

godspeed, my nigga

But you make more and pay less if you don't live near a city?

Wagecuck at a pipe mill in Alberta.
>40-50 hours a week, depending on weekend work
>$30 an hour
>pretty easy
Only shit thing is it's shift work, but it's enough that I can live comfortably and waste my life away.

I am a dentist. I basically take a dimond covered drill and spin it at 200k rpm to cut through the hardest substance in your body.

I am making about $140k a year.

Get into dental hygiene, you can make $85k a year and only need to go to two years of college. I will hire a male hygenist in a second because everyone else is in the office is also a female and the female hygenist are just bitches to the female staff.

Prawn fisherman. make 60-70k a year, work 20 weeks. Manual labor as fuck, juicy forearms.

I'm a profession tutor. I teach standardized exams to really rich kids. I charge $100+/hour and last year just broke $100k. Have a JD/MBA and am gearing up for the bar. Want to do something else.

>Young police officer in France
>1800€/month (bit more than the median salary)
>12hrs/day
>3 on 3 off
>10€/hour
>Fully equipped gym/dojo at 50€/year

That is a really low wage for police, that sucks bro. Get killed by migrants for as much as security makes here

ur a good kid user

I make way less then that in San Diego :(

IT/Programming, mostly IT shit though.

Basically I do nothing all day and get paid ~60K/$30/hour to do so. Lots of AD and SCCM stuff. I cover six different sites and am responsible for the well being of a couple thousand computers/laptops but I got that shit on lock. Occasional hardware/script/software fixes, mostly hardware though(people love dropping laptops and spilling shit).

I wish i was doing something more fulfilling but it's such a comfy job that I don't wanna leave. Promotion or new internal position soon hopefully...

22. Stack shelves at a supermarket.
Just got a promotion offer, not sure if I'll take it. 50k/year to do what I already do, but for 60 hours a week.
If I tough that out I can get promoted again and do exactly the same job for 70 hours a week and 70-90k a year. If I do that job for 4 years I can do a far easier job for 95k a year. Then if I have aspirations I can do a much harder job for 135k+ a year.

>Header Technician
>$23.76
>40hrs +unlimited OT when available. >Average about 65k with peak year at 78k but fuck working that much ever again.

Live in PA though so CoL is super low. Is enough to provide for my family and live decent wage slave life.

Want to be physical therapist though.

I make negative $60,000 per year going to a relatively highly ranked medical school.
Its alright. Not as hard as some say but still pretty difficult.

>Work for government 4 chan all day
>72k a year
>secured promotion the other day will be doing 130k next year
>29years old

Im a police officer. my job is currently being in charge of training new cadets but im seeking to be restationed in Criminal Investigation