Dad is overweight

>dad is overweight
>says he is going to lose it because he saw a picture of himself he didnt like
>catch him eating something he shouldnt be(pasta, 2k calories)
>get into a argument and he says hes losing weight
>hes at 270
>few months later
>hes at 290
>says he has the weight because his legs are swollen, full of liquid
>ask him how much weight in liquid
>"10 lbs, maybe 15 lbs"
>point out that there is 5 extra pounds he put on
>hes killing himself
He claims hes eating 1500, 1800 tops in calories a day. Hes 290 lbs, 5'8", 65 years old.

I ask you, fit, is there some truth to what hes saying? That the swelling in his leg might be playing a big part as to why his diet isn't working? Like his fat isn't being removed and is instead going to his legs? Or is he bullshitting?

I'm pretty sure he is, and he wont listen, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

it's bullshit and you know it. even he knows it but won't accept it, because he has a weak mind.

Tell him to not stuff his face with shit food and he will lose weight.

His thighs/knees are swollen, though. Could that play a part? At all?

You'll be dad-less within the next 5 years or so. Either that or his neglect towards his health will result in him becoming completely chaste physically, and might as well be dead. It'll make him even more miserable.

Either way, he's running his time down.

Sounds like he many have kidney issues if his legs are swollen like that

His thighs are swollen because he's fat, you dingus. His knees are probably swollen because the joints are having to take on more load than they're supposed to by carrying his weight.

Im 70% sure of that, but I want to know if theres any merit behind a part of your body being swollen and adding to your weight outside of good deiting.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. You can't help people who don't want to be helped and that's particularly frustrating when it's someone you care about as much as your old man.

Make him count his calorie intake, or you do it for him
I guarantee, that he is in a much higher range than 1500.

I would post a picture of a fatty trying to convince his doctor that the weight he gained, even though he is in medical treatment and geta rationized food (where he eats more than he is allowed), is because of gallons of water he drinka every day.

Fat people are delusional when it comes to food and foodintake

The thing is, he works a lot, is on his feet all day, and there is definitely some form of liquid in his knees(he had it checked earlier today).

Im not wondering if hes cheating or not, just if that is unpreventable weight.

The "its 15 lbs of water" when he gained 20 lbs is the smoking gun.

It's fat. Pin him with a needle and see if there is a fountain of water spilling out.

It's literally impossible to gain weight at all unless you eat more than you use. It's entirely in his control. He's making excuses, and you need to get him to stop or he'll be dead at any time.

Old people have lower TDEE. But it doesn't mean he can't eat lower than that, it just going to be harder

It's a true thing that is happening that is being used as an excuse to cheat and fuck up and absolve responsibility.

He deserves help and sympathy for the joint issues, and scorn for cheating on his diet and worsening matters.

This isn't 100% true. Holding water adds body weight and requires no caloric input. If we're talking body fat and lean mass weight, this is absolutely correct.

No excuses, but let's be accurate.

It's likely both. Joint strain causes fluid accumulation, you know what causes joint strain? Being fucking fat.

Feed him a few diuretics that'll come right off. Make sure his kidneys aren't shitting the bed first.

>Holding water adds body weight
how do you lose water weight other than pissing

I'm guessing your dad is a nice guy so you're just holding back a little so here I suggest you let him read this post here:

Dear user's dad,

You are not a fucking woman, stop eating like an emotional cunt and get a grip on yourself. Yes, all the extra estrogen you're storing in your gut and the fact you're 65 and your balls have shrunk might be messing with your head to the point where you feel you need to eat a whole tub of pasta, but for fucks sake, you are still a man and you have to understand it takes a dedicated effort to let yourself go to 290lbs.

Cut the fucking carbs, the pasta and sugar must go. Limit your beer intake to once a week. Go out and play poker, drink there. That's what I do. You do that, and you'll lose some weight, make some friends, and stop being a little bitch.

Godspeed user's dad.

>your father is telling you he's going to start doing something about his lifestyle before he does it
>^ego
>doesn't know shit about fitness or health
>probably a late bloomer baby boomer
>probably subconsciously is attracted to mainstream shit when it comes to fitness info
>damn near 300
>swollen legs, what do?
>lmao?

what YOU do is not do shit. let the grown ass man do what he wants to do. he's doing this bullshit out of emotion. he's doing things by feel and he feels the need to do bullshit. when you see him eating, don't say shit. when you hear him talking about fitness with you, keep yourself humbled. when he uses immature ass excuses (cause you can be immature at any fucking age.) ignore them. he'll start talking about his progress more and more from time to time, in different ways but jumping to conclusions that seem logical. but that's the thing, he's jumping to conclusions without studying himself or research. he's basically a retard. you don't need this person in your life failing in front of you while he won't listen to what you have to offer. fuck off with this bullshit. move the fuck on with this. he'll either one day listen to his kid or never change. even if you have degrees and shit with a ton of followers and evidence to support your shit and you're 45, he probably still won't listen to his kid.

this. but he's not gonna listen
he's fat.
51% agree. think he'll live longer than 5 years. but he could be gone tomorrow.
he's fat.
this.
this.
it's not enough. he'll use normie excuses in his brain. skip meals, use supplements not as supplements but as meal replacements, snack on anything so long as he stays within calorie limit, drink soda and shit, etc. what i'm saying is op needs to be so specific as a teacher, because the person he's teaching isn't any kid or adolescent or even young 20 something. it's a grown ass man. an old ass dog. they won't fuckin listen or pick up on the same shit as quick.
this
yeah watch him go from 290 or whatever down to 275 in a week and he'll think he's doin shit right when all he did was lose water weight and probably lacks more needed nutrients in him. he's gonna be retarded regardless of the information he has.
sir, or you could point your fuckin gun at him and force him to workout, sir.

OP here, thankfully he doesnt drink beer.

Sweat, evaporative, pissing, bleeding, puking.

A kidney checkup, exercise, and assuming they aren't contraindicated, some diuretics will do big work here. We want him to lose it in sweat & piss, other ways are unpleasant at best

op you're pathetic. you skipped over so many posts.

stop caring if it's water or fat. it doesn't matter. he's overweight and is not losing weight. if he gains 15lb of water in a couple of months, he needs to lose 20lb of fat in the same period. it's simple.