Skelly Nutrition

Alright what the FUCK Veeky Forums

Skelly here. 6'0" 160lbs been about 160lbs for a few months.

I eat like this everyday. I meal prep, and the only meal that really changes is dinner (I have more than what's in the pic). There's some variation in snacks, but overall remains mostly the same.

Why the FUCK can't I gain weight? 3,800 goddam calories (MyFitnessPal actually estimated at 4,100, thought that was a little high).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uGI1ae2mSSc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action
bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-is-thermic-effect.html
scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator
scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/
image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-isolated-chicken-wings-eaten-18679996.jpg
image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-cereal-finished-504597.jpg
cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock23756661.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

obviously, add in more calories if you haven't seen any changes. I would drop the protein and add more fats dude. go for around 200-250g protein and the rest fat

>add in more calories

That's the thing, I literally don't have time or the stomach for more food

There are two possibilities.
1.) You are, in fact, NOT eating like that every day, and have not been for the past few months.
2.) You are burning off all your extra calories.

Should be easy to figure out which one is more likely.

I call bullshit on that being nearly 4000 calories. That and you eat a lot of fiber calories, you're shitting your gainz out.

don't eat candy and ice cream. you're not a child. there's more to nutrition than calories and macronutrients. eat big boy food

I do eat like this everyday.

I also work 10 hours a day doing pretty physical labor. But I feel like I still should be eating enough regardless.

That's hardly even 100g of protein, show us your maths

Yeah, you're full of shit. Your picture is like 2600 calories at best.

Fuuuck what has fiber in it

Drink a gallon of chocolate milk along with this then.

I seriously doubt you have absolutely no more room in your stomach. Eat until it hurts. I can eat two digiorno pizzas and a tub of ice cream over the course of a few hours. It doesn't feel great at the end, but I can still do it. That's like 5000 calories.

youtu.be/uGI1ae2mSSc

Is My Fitness Pal lying to me

drink a protein shake with EVERY meal. finish eating first, then dump the shake on top. former skelly here, you and I both know that chugging liquids is 1000% easier than eating when already full. you need to just eat an obscenely high amount of calories every single day. it's not complicated.

MFP is not 100% accurate in all foods. I honestly don't see how this could be 4k calories.

>2 eggs, 2 toast, nutella, OJ
>510

>red potatoes, green beans, chicken breast
>350

>ditto
>350

>apple and nutty bars
>360

>mystery shake
>???

>broccoli, brown rice, chicken
>400

>chocolate ice cream
>500

That's 2,470 not including your shake, and I was being pretty generous.

This
How fucking stupid are you.
329grans of protein
No fucking way. An entire fuxking chicken doesn't have that much.

3 eggs actually also PB.
Shake is half a banana, PB, milk, whey protein
I can try another counter but are people trying to tell me this ISN'T a lot of food? Idk what else to eat

how many days a week do you excercise?

Post your fucking MFP diary you goddamn dipshit.

Yeah, you maybe ate like this the day you were real motivated and took these dumbass pics

But, the truth is you don't eat anywhere close to this everyday. I don't know what it is about skinny people on the internet lying and trying to somehow think that if they tell people they ate more, they really did eat that food they typed out. It just doesn't work that way and it never will.

The fact that you posted this thread and are hoping for some "secret eating trick" to gain weight is enough said.

Potatoes
Bread
Green Beans
Apple
That Candied Wafer
Broccoli
Rice

The greatest amounts of fiber can be found in your greens and grains you consume, like that breading on the meat, toast and fruits.

I used to eat ~3,800 calories, not to gain weight but to walk to work, work 10 hours and then walk home. Boy did I shit like a mother fucker as it was basically 10 cups of cooked rice and one to two pounds of hamburger and sausage a day. That and whatever I ate for lunch.

4-5x
You mean this?

I eat the same shit everyday bro, kinda painful. Here are the rest of my lunches, breakfast is always the same, snacks change but I always have some. Sounds like you're a jealous fatty

Forgot pic

yes, post the rest

you need to weigh your food

I don't know anyone who actually does that

Jesus christ. How are retards like you even able to live? Just kill yourself, you're too stupid for gains.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action
>bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-is-thermic-effect.html

>TLDR: Food takes energy to diges
>Protein takes ~25%, Carbs ~10%, Fat ~3%
>100 kcal of Protein only gives 75 kcal of energy, 100 kcal of Carbs nets 90, 100 kcal of Fat nets 97

Your diet nets 3800 - 520 = 3280 kcal after calculating the TE (Thermic Effect) of your food

Lets assume that you leave no scraps on your plate and they're left cleaner than when you got them out of the dishwasher post eating:

>scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator

I assume you're a 25-year-old male around 15% body fat. Averaging the Cunningham and Katch methods puts your BMR at ~1800.

>scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/

These are my base assumptions:
>6 Hours spent Sleeping - 0 kcal
>4 Hours spent Standing, fidgeting (includes showers, walking, cooking, etc.) - 280 kcal
>8 Hours spent Sitting - 210 kcal
>2 Hours spent Lying Quietly - 10 kcal
>1 Hour spent Resistance Training, Slow - 310 kcal
>2 Hours spent Sitting, fidgeting - 130 kcal
>1 Hour spent Jerking It - 75

Total = ~2850 - 3280 = +430

You're a beginner, so you're likely gaining 2 lbs of muscle/month. A pound of muscle requires 2500 kcal of energy expenditure to be built. 2 lbs = 5000 kcal / 30 days = 170 kcal

+430 - 170 = 250 kcal

All of this is of course assuming that you're actually measuring your food and each ingredient down to the gram and are also consuming all of it and not leaving 5-10% on the plate like this:

>image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-isolated-chicken-wings-eaten-18679996.jpg
>image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-cereal-finished-504597.jpg
>cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock23756661.jpg

Excluding the shake, I'm guessing that is about 2800 calories. You probably shat out most of that 1,000 calorie shake because it was too much for your body to absorb at once.

No, I'm a former skinny person like yourself who actually worked and force fed myself and didn't ask the internet why I'm not gaining weight. Then when everyone tells you the truth (you're not eating what you're telling us) you get all defensive. You want us to tell you you're some special science miracle snowflake who's body just denies half the calories you eat or something.

Honestly kinda cringeworthy that you say you ate 3800 calories a day for 60-90 days straight and didn't gain a single pound. The reality is just that it's probably more like 1600 calories for 14 days

There's no way you ate almost 1000 Cal of chicken breast.

>4 CUPS of chicken
It's way way closer to 4oz than 4 cups, unless you're telling me you eat upwards of 32oz of chicken a day which is nearly a full bird.

Like said, weigh your food. No one who is serious about nutrition measures food in volume units, let alone meat.
You do not have 4 cups of chicken here .

>breakfast
Those pieces of toast probably aren't 100 calories a piece. They look pretty small. That doesn't look like 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and it looks like iced coffee not orange juice

>lunch

924 calories of plain chicken breast is about 2lbs worth. 650 calories of potato is like 3 potatoes. Both of those tupperware combined don't look like 2lbs of chicken and 3 potatoes.

>dinner

No fucking way that's 2 cups of rice.

There's at least 1000 calories right there you overcounted. You're probably running some high volume routine so that you don't lose your abs, so 2800 sounds about right for maintenance.

Eat fattier meat. Pork loin, chicken thighs with the skin, etc. Measure your carbs so that you get the amount you think you are.

this is why this board sucks, people like OP probably makes threads and gives out advice when they are clearly just dumb as fuck

today OP learned the difference between Cups and OZ

brainlets, when will they learn

my god this thread, you know youre dumb as fuck when you buy those precooked frozen meals from those nutrition companies

OP stopped posting

Why dont people realize that is literally not enough?

Youre working out, your metabolism is working, a pound is around 3500 calories. You are literally maintaining. Eat more you dense fuck

How is that even possible? Walk around with a chocolate bar. It isnt that hard to be a fat fuck

LOL

3,800 calories is more than enough i've been bulking on 3,000 and I'm taller and heavier than OP

lifting weights does not burn loads of fat either.

OP is not eating all of that food, and he's guessing the amount instead of measuring.

Holy shit i've never seen someone over count calories this badly, you're a danger to yourself and the public

Holy shit this thread is great how does one fuck up so badly?

there's no way that shit's ~4000 calories right...?
I must've been eating 7000 calories when gaining weight back in the day hahah

D U M B F U C K
U
M
B
F
U
C
K

why the fuck did you add in a picture of a bowl of ice cream from google

are you retarded

did you think that it would make a difference?

why are you compensating for your weight so hard

what the fuck are you doing

why actually eat when you can just take pics and log things in myfitnesspal?

myfitnesspal wouldn't lie would it? i typed it in there!!

>toast (toast)
>potato (potatoes)
>apples (apples)
>4 CUPS chicken breast
>bar (kashi)
>ice creams, chocolate, rich

kek

5 11 here

I have been eating 4000-4500 calories since june 19, when i start i was 166 now after 20 days im 176

10lbs in 20 days , eating 4000 days everyday

I just have my 3 meals and 2 shakes, 1 mass gainer and the other one a homemade shake

NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK

This man logged a banana in myfitnesspal. The fact that we might be operating a vehicle on the same road as me fucking scares me

>2 Toast = 140 / 1.5 cup OJ = 200 / 2 TBSP PB = 190 / 2 Eggs = 140
>1 small Potato = 130 / 1/4 cup Green Beans = 5 / 6 oz Chicken = 200
>Same as above
>1 Small Apple = 80 / Chocolate Wafer Thing = 210
>2 scoop Chocolate Shake = 300
>1 cup uncooked Rice = 160 / 1/2 cupBroccoli = 25 / Whatever-the-fuck-that-is = 250
>4 scoop Icecream = 360

I counted 2725 calories just by visually estimating. Your ability to measure without a food scale is shit. Also, measure your shit before it's cooked - the amount of water lost during cooking is too variable and obviously affects the amount you'll measure. Also, you probably leave tons of food scraps on your plate which is another 5% of the calories lost.

I'm a newb and why is it bad to log a banana?

if you are not an IFBB pro bodybuilder and log/weigh out your food, you need help

how dumb

what if I'm chubby and I need to lose some weight? logging my food has helped me lose 10lbs so far, so you're wrong.

I "feel" like no one gives a shit what you feel like.

Eat more you incompetent nigger.

clearly OP needs to weigh and log his food. Can't tell the difference between 4 cups and 4 oz of chicken.

don't be retarded there are many reasons to log your food fatass

Nigger you didn't even scan the brands of things you were using, you didn't weigh or measure anything properly and then threw out macro numbers like 329g of preoteins, wtf? Why the fuck are you eating broccoli and apples and chicken if you are trying to gain weight? Add some beef/bacon/gomad and sub in spinach for greens its less filling and still gives good micros.

Hey OP I think you accidentally posted a pic of your cutting meal plan

1000 calories of chicken breasts....

>4 cup chicken breast
>924 calories

>2 cup potatoes
>648 calories

LOOOOOL your shit is all fucked up

Then I hope you enjoy being small

Ok so MFP sucks, I get that. So I'm eating maybe 3,000 calories.

What else can I eat to get another 1,000 calories??

eat higher fat meat instead of chicken
eat veggies that aren't as filling
drink milk and eat oats

Amount of food in that picture is literally pathetic. It is calorie dense but not enough volume.

> almost 1000 cal of chicken breast

Bro... lol

and there it is. you're burning the calories so you need to eat more or burn less if you want to gain weight.

well you've never been fat and try to loose it, if it helps him then that is what he needs to do

Do what I did.

Go to bread store and find your favorite freshly baked bread. Buy like five loaves. Then go home and tear a chunk off. Not cut a slice. Tear a chunk. Then cover it with butter and honey so it is even more delicious. Next, ear that shit. I gained like twenty five pounds in about two months doing this. In fact I gained so much I am now having to cut and try to lose weight. Lol.

Put more olive oil with your food.
Seriously
A tablespoon of olive oil has 120 calories.
Fry the toast in the olive oil in the morning after the eggs.
another with the rice, and then the meat dish.
And anwhere you cook stuff..
Hell, some olive oil comes withnice smokey/spicey flavours that are really nice and you'd probably start only needing to have a bit of that onn savorie biscuits and stuff (like saltines/saladas). Yeah.
You only realy need to up your calorie intake and that would be the easiest way

that's like ~2500 calories right there, there is literally no fucking way in hell that's 4k. Zero chances. I eat 3k a day and I eat more than that

Why aren't the potatoes mashed with butter and cream? Are you even trying?

They have olive oil on them

OP, I started at about 150-160 and am about 220 now. My day to day foods vary but everyday I east the following staples:
-2 pb sandwiches
-bulking shake (500ml milk, 1/2 cup oats and 4 eggs)
-17 cashews
-4 weetbix

And these are all measured/standard weights so no changes in quantity or cals
Thats 1790 cals. Ill post the MFP screenshot next post

Count the calories on the package dumbass. MFP is for delusional circle-jerking Tumblr whales.

Wtf is a weetbix? And exactly 17 cashews lol

>Wtf is a weetbix?
Australian Weetabix

> Counting cashews out
pls can't be real tea

Don't use MFP. Set up an excel spreadsheet. Find your store's website and look up the actual nutrition in the products.

Additionally, what's your lifestyle like? Some guy was insisting he was eating at a caloric excess at 3200 kcal. I asked him how active he was. He said he walked an average of 40k steps a day at work, according to his fitbit.

I pointed out that the average step of an adult human is 30 inches. That translates into just under 19 miles a day, in addition to the gym. He needed to eat a LOT more.

what's the point of eating 6 times a day if you have child portions each time.
that 9am and 12am meals litteraly have 1 potatoe.
I call bullshit in this being 3,800 kcal.
I'm cuting on 2,300kcal and eyeballing it I eat as much if not more than your pics.
You should be eating way more if you are working a physical job.
Add two more eggs and some meat to your brekfast, add a serving of rice to both your lunches. double every portion on your dinner plate. Ditch Nutella, OJ and ice-cream, replace with cheese, real fruit and cottage/icelandic cheese. carry a bag of nuts to nibble on throughout the day

who the fuck walks 19 miles at work? what was his profession? janitor of the worlds longest hallway?

Mate i was eating more than that going through fucking CHEMO and i was losing weight. Up your intake faggot.

If you're struggling for calories, have fucking milkshakes, like at the end of every meal, even if it takes 30 min to drink it. Itll up your weight quicksmart.

crying with laughter

OP you stupid cunt

You don't even deserve any gains.
Get your shit together

Screen this to serve as a warning to all the skellys who think they eat a lot. Fucker cant even count.

>literally one potatoe
Nah
I would but I don't have 30 minutes extra for a meal. Breakfast I have about 20, 2nd meal 10 min, 3rd 30 min, 4th 10min etc.
But I wasn't counting, I was using MFP to count

Is this satire

Dude, that amount of food is half a meal.

And the point of the shake is you can take it with you and drink it on the go.

Alright mother fuckers I'll come up with a new meal plan give me an hour