Thinking of joining this gym because it's cheap. what are the pros and cons of this place?

thinking of joining this gym because it's cheap. what are the pros and cons of this place?

what are the pros

only pro is the price theres a list of cons tho

pros
>10 shekels a month
> free pizza once a month if you're one of those obese memelifter permabulk types

cons
>no deadlifting
>no free weights

if you are serious about physical fitness do not step within 100 feet of this gain goblin.

it's a limited gym, so if you're okay with that then go ahead. it really depends on what you want to do. if you want to get huge and strong then you should look elsewhere because they just don't have the things you need to accomplish it (i.e. no squatrack, no deadlifts etc) but if you just want to do cardio then you'll be fine

also, the color scheme is goofy and they give you pizza which seems idiotic

pros:
lot of nice machines for accessory work
cardio for days, always an empty treadmill or elliptical or whatever
pretty sure they offer free personal training sessions
cheap as fuck
always kept pretty clean
open 24 hrs a day

cons:
no free weights/barbells
90% of people there are gym normies who go for 30 minutes a day, socialize too much and think "yeah i lift"
peak times is busy as hell
dumbbells only go up to 75 lbs or so
smith machines and no racks/cages

with this in mind, however, the real masterrace setup is having a home gym for your compounds and then a PF membership for winter cardio and accessory work

cons
>only smith machines
>no squat racks
>no free weights above 60
>pts don't know shit
>lunk alarm might go off if some salty ham is at the desk
>get overcrowded fast due to lowcost

pros
>cheap
>not a lot of people at what little weights they do have
>fucking everywhere

>pros
-it's cheap
-you'll feel less insecure if you're a beginner since its filled with fatfucks and newbies

>cons
-no freeweights, meaning no OHP/BP/squats other than the smith machine
-deadlifts explicitly prohibited
-pizza days (not that you have to eat it or anything, but its a fat fuck magnet)
-lunk alarm
-too many fucking cardio machines

t. I go there right now because its the only thing in my budget+distance for the summer.

If you're extremely out of shape, planet fitness has everything you need until you're ready to lift heavier.

I think if you can't jog a 5k, can't bench 1pl8, can't do 5 chin ups, then you don't need a gym that has barbells and deadlifting places.

If you can do all those things, then yeah, a place with barbells/crossfit shit whatever might be worth the extra $10-$50 per month.

I tried signing up this week and they told me I needed three things
1.ID (Duh)
2.Check (Can do)
3. A credit card that's NOT attached to my bank

What the hell kind of card is that? I only have a single debit card attached to my bank and cash. They said I couldn't join unless I had one and said my debit card is not acceptable.

What am I supposed to do?

Short version clean / cheap / 24 hour access

Good for a secondary gym. Plus a lot of solid 7's mirin you for being the lone alpha

pro:
>cheap
>24/7
>everywhere
>free candy
>70%women

cons:
>no dumbells
>get made fun of
>80% of the women are ugly

Both PF I have been to have no barbells but they have dumbells up to like, 75lbs

All they asked me for was bank routing number and ID.

The clerk was probably confused about the CC. Someplace need a credit card rather than a debit card (even if it swipes as credit) because it shows you have decent enough credit to get a real cc. Double check with them and then go to another if they're being retards.

Its called a credit card dumbass.

Also when i joined ages ago (moved on to a golds) they required a checking account and routing number. Card was not acceptable. They had too many people using prepaid cards and just cancelling the prepaid cards not worrying about the contract.

If you do the $20 membership you can go to any PF, and there's a lot of them. Even with the cheaper option you only pay $10 for access to lockers, showers, cardio equipment and most of them have kettlebells and depending on the area, barbells.

For me the $10 membership is enough, I do all my cardio there and use the showers.

Ah, a credit card got it. The clerk made it sound extremely confusing.

As for that....I don't have one. I just have cash and a single debit card. Should I try and see if they can do anything to let me in? Sounds odd that they wouldn't allow me in simply because I don't have a credit card.

Pf is weird depends on the pf they are independent. Id try again and if it doesn't work find another gym. Someone will take your money

>no deadlifting

What PF do you go to that actually has this stupid rule? I dl in mine all the time and even see others dl'ing

different PF's may have different rules on it.

with the smith machines or dumbells? Both suck

> i deadlift at pf.

Unless youre deadlifting on the smith machine which is gay youre not deadlifting more than 140lbs which is shit

>we totally don't judge
>unless you're serious about weight lifting, want to perform certain exercises and accidentally get a little too loud, in which case we've got a LOUD alarm that we'll sound so everyone can stare directly at you and begin to pass judgement

complete and utter frauds, these pompous, arrogant little shit heads.

I've deadlifted at my PF before, maybe they just didn't see me. The thing that gets me is why the fuck don't they allow gallon jugs, I guess the reasoning is more water = implying more time spent in gym so people are intimidated by people that dedicate themselves? Still fucking retarded.

Pros:
>If you're new you won't be the smallest/fattest at the gym, in fact there's likely to be at least 10+ people worse off.
>Huge fans keep everything cool if you're in on a cardio day
>Bigass stretch rack
>Desk people are chill AF

Cons:
I've heard it's hard to cancel your membership they just keep charging your bank and its busy at peak times. Personally I go to PF on cardio off days and another gym for freeweights.

pros
>cheap
>massage chairs
>tons of cardio shit
>everything has a place
>free tootsie rolls

cons
>people who don't know how to lift
>dudebros everywhere
>fuck ton of people taking up every machine for 20 minutes
>people who don't know how to lift
>PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIFT
>no big man weight max on a lot of machines is 100
>Only Smith machines

I'm only there because I need to cut so I do light lifting and cardio but god damn do I hate every second of being in that place. Don't do it OP it's a literal cancer

lots of hobos use it as a place to shower and hang around (10 bucks a month, they can panhandle that in a few hours).

>get a cheap membership
>travel around to multiple PFs in your area
>collect free pizza and donuts
>farm up enough bulk food for 1-2 weeks
>never even have to work out in these loser coddling safe spaces
>yfw

>hard to cancel membership

This. I thought i cancelled my membership once and i kept getting charge 10 bucks every monyh for around 8 months. Called them told them i cancelled months ago and they said i had to come in to cancel. Went after my shift and the "manager" wasnt there. Asked whos the MOD and they said there was no MOD told them ill wait and pulled up a chair next to their desk and sat there like a child for 5 minutes until the same person looked up my information and said he cancelled it. Asked him to print me a confirmation. He told me he couldn't told him ok ill wait. Then he said he literally didnt know how. Showed him how to print screen. Took the copy and left.

Good for cardio machines and picking up 5/10 qts