How do I vegan mode

Alright vegancucks, i think i might be buying into your memery, but i need your help.

How am I supposed to eat 150-200g of protons without loading myself with a ton of carbs and not having to rely on non-animal
isolated protein (brfag here pea protein isolate and similar shit are insanely expensive and really hard to find).

I already cut almost all meat since whey protein is more costly efficient but i need an out to this situation to finally be full vegan.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Alright vegancucks, i think i might be buying into your memery, but i need your help.
Sup fag
>How am I supposed to eat 150-200g of protons without loading myself with a ton of carbs and not having to rely on non-animal
Beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, tempeh, seitan
For example, if you eat 1000 kcal lentils it's something like 60-70g protein off the top of my head
Soy milk has more protein per kcal than even semi skim cow milk
>isolated protein (brfag here pea protein isolate and similar shit are insanely expensive and really hard to find).
BR and hard to find? No. My protein and bulk powders are cheap as fuck and based in the UK
>I already cut almost all meat since whey protein is more costly efficient but i need an out to this situation to finally be full vegan.
For a little while log on cronometer to make sure you are getting adequate nutrition, until you learn to eyeball stuff
Hit with any other question.
There's a vegan Veeky Forums discord but I don't have the link

I forgot to mention
>without relying on soy

OP here i eat a lot of beans, lentils and oats. Black beans are god tier in protons and tasty as fuck.

Sorry for all the samefagging but i forgot to mention that right now the problem seems that I'm eating way too many carbs and not wanting to hop into the soy wagon since a lot of my vegan irl friends told me to stay away from it. Problem is i do lift while they are all hungry skellies so it's not working for me

There is literally nothing wrong with soy. Soy contains phytoestrogens, a weak estrogen-like compound. Same affinity to your receptors as real estrogen, orders of magnitude less potency. If anything it protects you. Soy is the Snape of vegan food. Embrace it, consume it.

I always get mixed views on soy even coming from vegans.

Case report of a man eating a high soy diet. His testosterone crashes and he gets erectile dysfunction. Takes a year to recover.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

Yup, asians eat tons of soy and they're renowned for being manly as fuck.

Oh ...

i guess im not touching soy anytime soon

I'm a non-vegan, just low-meat, and can assure you that lentils are don't have enough protein.
Maybe if you're bulking and want extra carbs, but for sure not enough for cutting, the carb/protein ratio is too damn high!
My experience was with a full-on lentil diet, with minimal calories from anything else (vegetables to stew with the lentils), to get enough protein per day, without going over calories, I had to add meat.
Very little meat was needed, but it wasn't possible without. And that's basically eschewing anything with a worse calore/prots ratio than lentils. If you want to eat rice or pasta, you're even worse off.
>the usual vegan arguments to that are
>you were eating too many proteins: I was at about 1.6 g/kg, even the sticky suggests 2.2g/kg
>you should eat soy: you've seen in this very thread what soy can do, no way a Veeky Forumsizen should eat an endocrine disruptor like it's nothing

In short: veganism does NOT work, you can't reach the usual dietary goals for this board as a vegan, BUT you can eat LESS meat by eating legumes, and that's cheaper and probably good for your health.

From the paper: "To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a combination of decreased free testosterone and increased DHEA blood concentrations after consuming a soy-rich diet."
Sample size: literally 1 ever
Also, crashing your test for one year with no survivors after cutting out soy? One year? Maybe it wasn't the soy after all? But then again maybe it was.
I guess you can limit yourself to soy flour products then. The process of extracting flour from soy is such that little nutritional value is left, let alone something relatively sensitive like hormones

Dude was diabetic and they only referred to what he ate as "the vegan diet". I'm guessing he was an 18 yo retard who starved himself.

Soy is fine, I believe those who saw adverse effects were eating 12 servings a day in the studies done (which is a ridiculous amount). I think the main argument against soy from vegans is the gmo factor. However it's quite easy to find organic tofu and soy products from supermarkets at least here in the U.K.

There are supp companies that have vegan protein blends which are decent enough. Myproteins is aight, just got bulkpowders version to try.

Or you could just shift your macros around, increase carbs and reduce the fat. I'm currently on around 3200 cals, yesterday for example I hit 165g protein, 520g carbs and 55g fat.

Risk of soy fucking your hormones: 1 in EVER RECORDED

Risk of prostate cancer: 1/7 or 14%

Soy consumption affect on prostate cancer: Risk reduction of 26%

Conclusion: Risk of fucking up your hormones eating soy is a % lower than the mariana trench, risk or prostate cancer is 14%, eating soy reduces risk by 26%, meaning eating soy will on average make that 14% into 10%.

Globally and yearly this would mean that if soy consumption was widespread, 286.000 less cases of prostate cancer would occur of the now 1.1 million yearly cases.

And this is just ONE benefit of eating soy. Let's be rational here.

>correlation is causation
Not even vegan and I think that's a dumb argument.

Not vegan, but scientifically speaking the ACSM (one of the two good PT associations) recommends between 0.5g and 0.75g/pound of body weight for strength athletes, which is a lot less than Veeky Forums and broscience body builders recommend. This is only optimal if you're natty, though.

This pretty much means that as long as the majority of your diet is coming from whole foods, you'll no doubt be fine when it comes to protein. If you're really worried, there's a protein at walmart that's like $18 or so that has 20 servings of 20g with no soy called Vega (I think) - just pea, brown rice, and some other food based one's.

It's in everything that's a whole food. "Complete" protein just means it has past a certain percentage of all essential amino acids, but all plants have a full amino acid profile. They each just lack a little bit in some areas, so it's important to eat a nice spectrum of whole foods.

Just make sure you're getting a lot of veggies, legumes, whole grains, some nuts and you should be good to go I'd think. Maybe a scoop of protein. Remember, even whole wheat bread has like 5g a slice.

This is a case report, learn how to read

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
>To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a combination of decreased free testosterone and increased DHEA blood concentrations after consuming a soy-rich diet.
How do you read this?

>little nutritional value is left
I don't know about that.

Yes? The vitamins which are sensitive molecules have all been destroyed from the HCl used in soy flour extraction, so I'd imagine the same happens to hormones. The minerals haven't been destroyed because they can't. They are single atoms or rarely small but robust molecules in some cases. That's why they are not at 0%

>if you eat 1000 kcal lentils it's something like 60-70g protein
But user, that's almost 1kg of lentils...

Vegans tell their sheep to eat bread from dumpsters

This changes the entire story. Impotence is a majorly common symptom of diabetes

We need more people like you. So many knuckle dragging window lickers on here that say they need 1.5g/lb bodyweight and don't run realize that just getting 3500+ calories of healthy food is way more important.

>eat 10,000 calories of beans to get 100g of protein bro

Half a block of tofu(150g) 30g protein, cup(192g) of pasta 26g, 200 g of black beans 42g. One meal: 98g protein + other veggies will land on about 110-130g. It's stupid easy to get around 100g in a meal.

I recall reading this study and I too was shocked at first, and afraid of consuming soy (products).

After research I conclude this very likely is an isolated incident, I personally think it probably has something to do with the subject/man eating way too little fats and cholesterol. And like another user suggested, he was a diabetic, he maybe even had a poor diet.

It's literally easier and cheaper to get higher quality and actually usable protons as a vegan.

t. 5 year vegan

Post your body

There are people in this thread that drink beer and milk and are afraid having some tofu in a stir fry will give them gyno

Pasta is 5g of proton for 100g, a cup of pasta is not even 10g.

Why do you lie?

you won't need protons that much even if you're lifting weights, it's mostly a myth. just carb up with your favorite foods such as pasta

I think he meant a pasta meal, probably with added cheese and meat ergo a lot more protein (and fat).

Please elaborate.

>DESIGN: Medline literature review and cross-reference of published data.

>CONCLUSION(S): The intervention data indicate that isoflavones do not exert feminizing effects on men at intake levels equal to and even considerably higher than are typical for Asian males.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106

>'98g' of protein for about 2000 calories
Good job bro.

>not eating two kilos of lentils a day

You could do pea protein instead of whey. There are other meat substitutes like tofu, seitan, and tempeh. You could then start getting other proteins like nuts, seeds, and beans. After that, you have the carbs that have more protein than white rice does: quinoa, hummus, and whole wheat stuff.

It wouldn't be easy and it wouldn't taste as good, but you could do it. The same way a professor lost weight eating twinkies and a multivitamin, you could get enough protein without animal sources without consuming too many carbs.

P.S. I just read your parenthesis but I'm not changing my post, fuck you.

He clearly meant uncooked, he did the same for the black beans
Retard