I want to be a model.
Any tips? Experiences? Stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N0m_GVG3Oxo
youtube.com/watch?v=LUltpfU1eOU
instagram.com/claytonsomedude/?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=N0m_GVG3Oxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You would already be one if you had the right features.

I have been asked but I'm too short for runway (174 cm) also you can't be that fit for modeling unless you want to be a fitness model

>ywn be this handsome and exotic

Fuck.

trying to become one myself. cutting down super hard right now

You don't have to model on runways, you could model sunglasses, jewelry, watches, or be one of those fags that online stores use to display clothes on.

You could even cam for gays or women, runway modeling is pleb tier.

Keep trying and dont give up. Develop a thick skin. Get used to getting rejected and not take it personally, sometimes you're just not what they need for the job at hand.

Im mostly a commercial model and have only done runway a few times. But the money's in commercials. Runways - sure you'll get to be in the limelight more with other models and go to high-so events and such but the pay is usually ~$500. Commercials are in the thousands for a day's work.

It's important to know what's your strength in your looks e.g. smile, angle, are you a bad boy or twink etc so you can better choose your castings that you'll have a high chance of getting. You may be alfa af and a shredded sikkunt going in for a casting but they maybe looking for a more normie looking or twinky model.

Do you need to talk in your commercials?

The best selling models are those with achievements from other areas, like Beckham and football, C. Ronaldo and football, Christian Bale and acting, etc.

Men are not like women. We admire achievements more than looks.

Redpill:

You need to suck dick and fuck a lot of gay people to make it.

Being a male model it's pretty gay because all the people in this industry are old gay people. I wouldn't be surprise if Sean O'pry, Kortajarena, Nessman suck a lot of dicks to make it. The photographers fall in love with this guys same with the guys who run the agency.

And it's normal if i run a model agency i would fuck a lot of supermodels like Taylor Hill, there are a lot of sexy girls.

Best friend was for a few years after high school, he was a chad with nice jawline and got tons of gigs even live in Italy for a year, but its not all the great. Though it seemed he barely worked any hours he almost never got paid for months on end, one contract he didnt even receive half the payment till 6 months later. He's been on billboards and store shops. He was also lucky in that his parents were rich enough to help him get a decent agent and photo ops to pass around. He barely does it anymore (now 23) its hard and a grind and you need financial security to back onto it. And yes they are really stupid i've meet so many and it blows my mind.

>t. my feelings about the subject

Watch this video OP

youtu.be/N0m_GVG3Oxo

Dude i know about this, don't make being a male model a goal. You will feel bad about how sad this world is.

I was the boyfriend of a supermodel and she need to travel a lot to sesions and she doesn't make more money than a part time job. She also say that all the guys are faggots and all the girls are narcissist on hard drugs. Almost 98% of models of both genres are poor as fuck. Only top tier models like David Gandy make a lot of money.

I also know a guy who quit because his "boss" say if he didn't fuck him, he would fire him.

This is a reality

In other men yes.

In women we go PURELY for looks. There is no male equivalent of golddigger because men don't care about female achievements. They just want a nice ass and tit.

I lost the only modelling gig I was offered because when I turned up, I was fatter than in my application pictures. They fed me for a day and paid my travel expenses, though, so if you're offered, just take it, and remember being lean is the most important thing.

Got a friend who does it. He's been trying since he was 18 and he's 23 now. He's been moderately successful. He's been in magazines, a few photo spots here and there. No huge success though. He still lives with his parents. The worst thing about being a model would have to be keeping such low bf%. My friend has been lifting for years and can't deadlift 3pl8 without breaking his fucking back scared-cat-style. He simply refuses to bulk and use roids. Lucky he has parents to support him. Idk man.

Goddamn i really fucking hate fags

If you are:
Between 5'11 and 6'3
Obviously good-looking
then go to a casting at a modeling agency. Most places have open calls, meaning you can just schedule an appointment or walk in on whatever time and date they have on their website. They'll take photos of you and watch you walk and if they can get you work they will.

Pay is pretty average considering all jobs but you'll get enough to live in a big city. Hours can be pretty long and irregular. You're mostly just standing around or walking in circles so it's pretty boring work.

You're not going to get "discovered" unless you're an angel walking the Earth so if you're serious about it then go to a casting. Worst thing that can happen is that someone who gets paid to make objective judgments of appearance can't find a boring, low-paying job for you. Looks are never personal in the fashion industry, you're just a drone who wears clothes so don't get buttblasted if you don't get signed.

Veeky Forums here, and runway is by far the absolute least pleb

also ask

sean o'pry was scouted by his myspace pics, and an unsolicited scout is basically the highest honor it becoming a model

As opposed to being the child of a celebrity

Can we have a Facial Aesthetics General /FAG/ ?

>tips
get started on gear and start saving up for plastic surgery

Checkem

>tfw 5'10

>pic related is me
i've been told I should model, i'm a struggling ED nut. I'm 6'3 and 135 lbs

Gandy x Zyzz has spoken.

>Facial Aesthetics General /FAG/ confirmed

learn how to walk on the runway and pose without laughing. I watched zoolander too many times so it's hard for me to keep a serious face. You don't have to stay lean but it'll help. Did it a few times but got too busy. 5ft 11 dude with monkey arms.

you're average face-wise (normal guy, nothing bad nothing good) with good height and auschwitz weight. Delete this picture
this is what peak performance looks like

It got like 140 likes on IG, I actually hate girls that dig this look, because I know I look like a degenerate

little reality call youtube.com/watch?v=LUltpfU1eOU

You suck at taking pictures, mate. Like 98% of this board.

Haaa trueee. Heres another

>this is what peak performance looks like
Daily reminder.

Do you have the photo where his nose isn't altered?

checked

in order of importance
1. BHA for mild acne, benzoyl peroxide for moderate, accutane for severe
2. sub 10% body fat, if you don't have abs then cut
3. Haircut that shows your whole face
4. 10 days of facial hair, neatly trimmed
5. Mewing

Rest is genetics

i prefer the jaw on the left

That is even worse, mate. Take it with a real camera in good lighting.

Why would I do this? it's just for you guys on Veeky Forums. I don't care about anyone else's view

Ah thank you sir.

Even though Gandy is a demigod he has his flaws. The dude who altered the photo gave him a perfect nose, more chiseled jaw and cheekbones, and removed the wrinkles

Just took this, what do you think?

I've been told I should model by a few people, think I'm too old now (25) plus I don't think my dad would approve lel

>haircut showing your whole face
That's completely subjective sir. But I agree with your other points.

Looks much better. Do you have one without the beard?

>forgettable face
>looks like you haven't showered in about a week
>shitcolored eyes
>that nose
mate c'mon now, you have none of the defining features that a male model should have like strong jawline, pronounced cheekbones, eyes etc..,

The only pictures I have without a beard I was fat so no

>normal face
>shower everyday
>brown eyes
>just a nose
why did you put so much effort for no effect whats so ever?

You don't have to be good looking. Being exotic and unique helps. Half jungle bunny half German.

You look fine, don't care about him.

thanks for that link user, really interesting watch

From a normie level your probably an 8 but from modeling level your face isn't angular enough and your earlobes are aesthetic, not to mention chin game is kind of weak..
But Your hair is great....

>i've been told I should model

I'm convinced just about everyone has been told this by some retard sometime in their life. It means nothing.

Pics of some dudes I know.

>some retard
what went wrong in your life where you still use that word?

before you try to comment on my nails, i'm a welder who just got off work an hour ago

What if you just look exotic? I'm black but people tell me I look mixed with some bullshit.

>>normal face
>>brown eyes
>>normal nose
that's exactly the reason you shouldn't even look at modeling you fucking faggot, . designers want something that sticks in peoples minds. if you look like a random fag on the street you ain't gonna get a single shoot.
just forget it dawg you're just gonna waste money and it will destroy your ego.

t. photographer

Waste money on what you, chronic degenerate? What are you talking about?

Being a person of color is in. If you're decent looking you should be fine. Post a pic?

do black people tell you that you looked mix or do white people tell you you look mixed?

no one famous but ya im a model. Im the blonde hair guy that posts here, mostly just in CBTs though now since you guys use to steal my pictures so much.. Depends what kinda stories do you want? Do i know semi famous people? Yes.. have i had chance to bang semi famous people yes... Have i? No comment

as for tips, well depends where you are, and how much of a go getter you are.. I didnt take it seriously when I was younger and they were throwing jobs as me all over the place. But I was young and never expected to get sick. So that really screwed me. Now a days my "look" isnt as in, and where my look is in, I dont have the money to live.

as for "bad" stories.. yes i have had bosses who wouldnt give me jobs unless I would do stuff with them. And yes I have seen shady shit.

But at the end of the day im no one famous, just a random person whos pics get stolen now really.

>mixed with some bullshit

>Im the blonde hair guy that posts here
Literally who? I don't mean that in an insulting way.

So what should I type into google right now to get started on my modelling career?

Do any of these stick in your head?

Myfreecams

instagram.com/claytonsomedude/?hl=en

thats me, i use to post my face more often back in the day, but people kept stealing my pics, so now generally I only post in CBT threads, or just comment on other things

Looks decent enough.
And if you actually came from work then you could look better with a proper haircut and makeup.
Beard also isn't top of the crop.

I did some very small runway jobs when I was younger and skinnier. The pay wasn't great compared to an actual job and you have to be into the whole fashion jazz or you will get annoyed by it.

This is the best pic, sorry if I look like an asshole I didn't know what to do with my hands so I flicked the camera off

Uh, mostly black but my highschool anthropology teacher also wondered this.

Model agencies aren't gonna fucking fly to you you mongoloid. Unless you already live in NYC, Paris, London or any other high fashion city you WILL have to move. And coincidentally living in those cities is really expensive.

>instagram.com/claytonsomedude/?hl=en

righteous chin brah

How do I become a camboy?
I'm fit and relatively attractive, and need to boost my savings.

Wait this isn't pasta?
Holy shit thats an autistic rant.

I'll add more anecdotal evidence to this, at least about the hard drug use, lots of coke.

>t. dated an Australian model

>tfw Veeky Forums made me a chubby chaser
a-at least i'm not g-gay, am i right fellas?

Thats a rant? That wasnt long at all? I thought I gave a a sentence for each question asked?

ha thanks

That hippie they feature isn't even attractive, has a gorilla nose.

Im a 6'1 aryan and i would say im a 8.5/10. Do you think i could model?

let us decide, post a pic

Idk maybe... you're wearing a hat. Are you at least 5ft10. Show up at a local college and try out for their modeling team.

I'm 6'1"

cant believe im posting myself on Veeky Forums but whatever

Go for it. Try not to laugh when you walk or pose.

You could maybe do it, but do you want to suck cock to make it?

youtube.com/watch?v=N0m_GVG3Oxo

If this is true, how come I see 4-5/10 by lookism standard, slay pussy and have beautiful gfs?

Become an art model for figure drawing
We always need a young muscular guys

>pleb board thinks his opinions on what's pleb matters

only one way to find out, send some pics to your local agencies, hard to tell from this pic alone

i was thinking of become more serious with lifting and doing this as a start but im afraid of gaining too much fat in my face

You do not have to be good looking to be a male model. There are lots of objectively ugly people who are successful in modeling. Even still, their photos get edited to the point where if you saw them in real life next to a photo they look nothing like that. Just keep trying and know you'll have to live in a major city like NYC or LA or you will have to travel a lot. And you will have to spend a lot of money in the beginning because they won't pay for anything for a good while. Go to the open calls, try to be castes for fashion shows in your area, etc. You can get lucky and someone might see you at one of these places and you will have a foot in the door.

yeah, i live in a small town so there are no agencies. Is it possible to be picked up by agencies on instagram though? I guess you would really have to stand out to make that happen though.

Also i know its hard to say,sadly i dont have alot of pics of myself

oooohhhhh i remember you. Mired the fuck out of you.

>doing this as a start but im afraid of gaining too much fat in my face
For figure drawing model, the most important thing is being able to hold an interesting pose for half an hour
To be one, it doesn't really matter what you look like, although there is preference

>There are lots of objectively ugly people who are successful in modeling
Who?

Yeah you can DM photos to agencies instagrams and try that way but they probably get thousands. You will have to travel to and live in a major city and have to pay for everything yourself

I've been scouted like 10+ times, once even at a festival after being there 3 days and looking grimy

Never done it though as my mates brother did it and he's trying to find a job now (27) and can't find anything as he has no experience and I already have a job