Has anything interesting occurred in Sardinian history or has it been sheepfucking for 5000 years?

Has anything interesting occurred in Sardinian history or has it been sheepfucking for 5000 years?
I generally don't hear about it and I'm also wondering if there are any Veeky Forums approved books on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F45yNv7OeBw
youtube.com/watch?v=3M7YAfc1-BU
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
sardegnadigitallibrary.it/documenti/17_27_20161222154027.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't insult based WHG
youtube.com/watch?v=F45yNv7OeBw

>WHG
Aren't they overwhelmingly Early Neolithic with just some WHG?

That sounds a lot like Georgian singing. Coincidence? I think not
youtube.com/watch?v=3M7YAfc1-BU

They built a civilization with very complex monuments and structures such as fountains, 30 meters tall towers and elaborate bronze artifacts while most of Europe only built huts

Yes
Is an idiot

Also some of the oldest statues in Europe, two centuries older than the Greek ones

Sounds more like
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

I could be conflating the two

Aqueduct

Tomb

It's where all sardines are made, so there's that.

The first evidence for the use of the grandine chisel is also from Sardinia, it was used to chisel some of the details in the statues

Also perhaps the earliest compass in history, or at least it's been classified as such

They apparently never fully converted to the Roman pantheon despite being an integral territory for hundreds of fucking years. When their Roman, then Germanic, overlords converted to the Christian faith, they still fucking refused to abandon their native religion. Apparently Sardinia had local hill tribes still practicing pagan rituals until the god damned 11th century.

Literally the most stubborn fuckers on Earth.

They had their own deity, the Sardus pater, though they also had other deities they worshiped such as the Phoenician ones like Eshmun

Anyway there are just way too many Nuragic monuments and interesting artifacts to post them all

Also talking about the Phoenician era, some of the biggest Punic necropolis are in Sardinia, and the city of Tharros was one of the main producers of jewels in the Mediterranean back in the 7th century bc, both Tharros and Cornus in Sardinia produced Egyptian-like scarabs, for some reason a lot of tophets were also found in Sardinia, more than in all the other areas in the Mediterranean

There have been two Sardinian popes, Symmachus and Hilarius. Lucifer was a Christian Sardinian scholar who lived in the 4th century, he was one of the most fervent critics of Arianism and frequently attacked it in it writings. Pic related is one of the oldest churches in Sardinia, dating back to the 4th century ad. The body of St.Augustine was kept in Cagliari for centuries

Torre dell'elefante, built in 1307 and designed by the Sardinian architect Giovanni Capula

The Giudicati were independent polities ruled by a judge, they formed around 900 AD, the Giudicato of Arborea was the one which survived the most, up until 1420, the rulers of the Giudicato fought for centuries against the crown of Aragon, the Sardo-Spanish wars involved battle of a massive scale, some of these battles saw armies of more than 20,000 soldiers on each side. Under the Giudicato of Aborea a complex legal code was developed, known as the Carta de logu. The work was written in Sardinian and it was applied even after the Spanish conquest, since the Spanish rulers understood its value.

Under Spanish rule some Sardinians distinguished themselves, some ,such as Leonardo Tola, in war, at the siege of Granada he defeated a gigantic moor who was provoking the Christian army, he knocked him out with the sole use of a lace, almost choking him, for this heroic deed king Ferdinand granted him the title of knight. Others distinguished themselves as writers and poets, The popular works of Antonio Lo Frasso for instance were mentioned in the novel Don Quixote.

Are you Sardinian? These are good posts.

Thank you, yes I am.

Do you speak the old language? And what do you think of modern-day Sardinia, as well as the situation with Italy?

Yes, I do. Sardinia is in a really bad state right now and there are no job opportunities, even mainland Italy itself doesn't offer much.

Could atlantis refer to an ancient sardinian civilization that collapsed, since we know the sea peoples originated from there taking on people from other cultures as they went along on a destruction spree

Am I the only one who always thought Sardinia looked like a wine bottle and Corsica was the cork?

>Literally the most stubborn fuckers on Earth.
It's not particularly unique or surprising. Mountainous tribes for most of recorded history lived beyond the reach of organized state bureaucracy and infrastructure that a highly institutionalized state religion like the Roman pantheon or Roman Christianity relied upon. Conversion or resistance to it had a lot to do with the political and economic relationship between these tribes and the lowlanders.

maggot cheese

>since we know that the sea peoples originated from there
Source? Am genuinely curious.

#
I think he might be talking about the Sherden, who were one of the many sea peoples tribes, which is possible since Sardinians were present on Cyprus, the Aegean and Sicily during the late bronze age and sea peoples are thought to have come from those places, but we still need more proofs to be certain that they invaded the Levant or Egypt.

Just a bunch of dagos doing their thing

OP here, do you know of any good books on the subject of nuragic or post nuragic history?
If they're in italian that's ok too because [spoiler]sono sardo anche io[/spoiler]

A Sardinian writer was one of the founders of the Real Academia Española.

Nothing that interesting has happened there, but they haven't been sheep-fucking for 5000 years user, the island wasn't colonized until recent times.

The most up do date is:" La Sardegna nuragica, Storia e monumenti a cura di A. Moravetti, P. Melis, L. Foddai, E. Alba."

Also this one is nice, a little outdated but still very good:

sardegnadigitallibrary.it/documenti/17_27_20161222154027.pdf

Thanks man, will get on it

During the bronze age the Sardinians built some striking pools and bathtubs, they were probably used for some sort of rituals according to archaeologists:

"...water reached the pool through a complex hydraulic system, the water was conveyed by a channel and placed in the tub through a drainer. The tub itself was paved perfectly, with trachyte slabs. It contained holes for emptying and cleaning the tank."

Is there any consensus on Paleo-Sardinian yet? Last I read up on it it's not clear if it was even Indo-European, although some guy found some interesting cognates with Albanian.

I heard it hasn't been reached untill the age of explorations but I could be wrong

Hard to say. Personally I think that the theory which links it to pre IE languages like Basque and Iberian is the most likely. Though I wouldn’t be suprised if it had some IE loanwords considering the links between bronze age Sardinia and both Northen Italy and France