Does lifting weights really help your social gains?

and how so?

no.

try it and find out.

Not if your idea of being social is going to a mall and stalking women no

Gains boost self confidence and pushing yourself to fufill objectives makes you more driven.

>get /fit
>start being more confident with yourself and conquer your inner autism
>make social gains

>get /fit
>still autistic
>no social gains

more confidence and women will approach you in clubs and shit

I've never made social gains. Is there some social roids I can use? Not care about being socially natty.

>>get /fit
>>still autistic
>>no social gains

Yep that's me

actually yes, phenibut. natty social gains are the best kind though.

It'll make it seem like you're more charismatic, since people will notice you more and thus care about the things you say more. Caveat is that if you're completely awful at social settings, this dissipates as soon as you start fidgeting and stuttering.

Not even close

Impossible for some desu. Like trying to get jacked while being natty and low test and vegan.

Only indirectly. If you started out as a fatty though and you start making it, when you engage in a conversation with somebody they will start out with a higher base respect for you then when you were fat, thats about it imo. The rest is all indirect gains from the confidence you get from looking and feeling good. as well as giving yourself a driven goal orientated life.

probably improves self-esteem and mood for most people which would help you socially

People treat you nicer. It doesn't improve your social skills, but it makes it easier to do so.

No it won't fix almond shaped eyes or... anything else that makes you autistic. Just need to die.

>Everyone says lifting doesn't help cure autism.
>Asking how lifting helps social gains.

No.

Well said, helps alot.

To some sens it has helped me. More girls check me out, I have a better posture, thus lookin more confident and comfortable.

I used to be self loathing, now not as much. Got my life on track, excercising gonna go back to school. Gym helped me with goals and helped me stay sober(had bad drug habits)

so directly. I don't know, but in some aspects, definitely

Just like lifting weights for physical gains. You need to exercise social behavior for social gains. That means being outgoing and talking to people multiple times a day. Also you need to infiltrate an outgoing circle of friends and hang around with them because you won't be able to make social gains on your own.

People won't look at you and automatically think of you as a miserable failure.

Been lifting for two and a half years and it's barely made any difference to me. Still anxious, sometimes to the point of nausea is certain situations.
I look better from the outside because of better posture and gains, but the inside is still a mess.

depends on the person, some people have general bad social skills. However a lot of people are only socially handicapped because they lack confidence not because they dont have understanding. Just depends on the person. If you struggle that bad then just get fit and befriend someone who has the gift of gab and some of it will rub off on you naturally.

"yeah"

>social roids
Money and socioeconomic status.

JESUS CHRIST post more of this fucking semon demon my fucking dick hnnnnnnnnnnng

does she still do that fine bros shit

Lost 50 pounds, people started telling me i look really good, girls hit me up, notice women eyeing me, smiling at me, become cocky asshole, guys hare me, women love me.

Maybe indirectly. Whenever I'm at the gym I'll get introspective in between sets and think stuff like "Do I really want to spend my adult life being a shut-in?"

A big social gain I found was deliberately slowing down my speech and being more articulate. Replace all "ums" with pauses. Don't think that you have to have an answer for everything, just say "I'll have to think about that and get back to you" if you have to. Be comfortable with silence but not so much silence that you make the other person uncomfortable. If you have a misunderstanding with someone you pretty much can't go wrong with apologizing and explaining your reasoning. If you're talking to a boss or a peer with whom you might have some friction, approach the conversation like you are both on the same side and speak like your goals are the same as their goals and how you can both help each other. Replace the phrase "I assumed" with "It was my understanding that". Do tiny little favors to make other people's lives slightly more convenient. This doesn't mean be a pushover; if you have bigger priorities just say "I'm sorry I have to take care of something else right now". In the future people won't remember everything you said, but they'll remember how you made them feel. The effect you have on others if your greatest asset. You want people to associate your name with good things. Overall "don't be a dick to people" is the greatest life motto. I could probably think of some other things but these are just some observations I've had while trying to increase my own social skills.

Lifting doesn't help you if you are ugly as fuck

most weightlifters on this board probably look like pic related except with muscles

Semen demon?

Hmm I was going to say no but you'll learn to interact with the guys at the gym

pretty much agree with everything you wrote, especially the slowing down of your speech. makes you sound a lot smarter than saying umm and like non-stop

Nope but working a shitty construction job where the first of week of the job is some asshole screaming down your throat killed every ounce of social anxiety I had

Sure, I'm still an autist. But I like myself so much more now, that I don't care if other people think my interests or personality are weird. I guess that's what confidence is, and that's attractive to people. It's nice.

it makes you prettier, assuming you dont have a shitty face to begin with. if you're ugly, getting swoll just makes you intimidating.

people like pretty faces. they're more willing to be nice initially. more first chances.

this is so accurate for a lot of people its not even funny

from personal experience it just makes me more confident and care free, for example I'll wear an old shirt and it will fit better on me than before which makes me feel nice and I guess girls pick up on that somehow

Not automatically, but it improves your physique and posture, which in turn can improve your self esteem, which is the key to social gains.

that pic is basically 90% of /fit

What most normal people don't have socially is because of fear of judgment from others or themselves. Making gains helps rise above that fear as it is a confidence booster.

lmao she's from the town just north of mine - good ol' Keswick Ontario

little sweet baby jesus christ almighty

at least he's ripped fuck yee cunt!

Based fellow pheniposter