Can physiotherapy actually heal tendonitis/tendinosis or are those assholes just ripping you off?

Can physiotherapy actually heal tendonitis/tendinosis or are those assholes just ripping you off?

I have some pain between my right arm and forearm that always comes back when I try to lift. Fucking sucks, took two weeks off, tried to lift, it came back, two weeks off again, tried, it came back.

What do? I'm desperate. I know tendons are supposed to take ages to heal. It's so annoying because it's so mild, but every time I try working out the pain returns and I know it will get worse.

Thinking about trying a physiotherapist but I don't know if those assholes actually help or just take disgusting amounts of your money. Help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GfPyDuFgmm4
glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/
tendinopathyrehab.com/blog/tendinopathy-updates/9-tendinopathy-truths-that-you-must-know-version-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>going to the gym when you're injured

>working out
>finish hard set
>see this
>walk over to her
>stick your face right in her crotch
>start slurping
"Sorry I thought this was the water fountain"

If your pain doesn't go away after resting it, you probably need to work it harder. Half my injuries weren't cured until I started working THROUGH them, not doing nothing.

it started because of weight lifting though. doing curls and shit noticeably hurts it, doesn't happen with the other arm. when I stop working out the pain reduces and it improves. it actually goes completely, but I'm impatient and when I go back to the gym it comes right back.

I know I have to rest it but I hate not working out. if I have to take three months off I will but I'm hoping there's another faster solution that actually works... like physiotherapy. even if I had to pay $500 I would if I knew it would fix me. the problem is uncertainty, dunno if those fucks are snake oil salesman

>Not speeding up the healing process

You should probably get a coach instead of assuming you know what to do in the gym.

you should probably stop being a passive aggressive asshole on the chans all day. pussy helps, good luck

how can you use the gym to speed up the process? I can't do any pull involving bicep contraction with this arm. I could probably do starting strength shit, but I still don't like the idea of moving weights around with the arm between sets.

Let me rephrase myself then.
Get a fucking coach you retarded fuck. You have no idea how to perform resistance training without injuring yourself.

let me rephrase: fuck off and try getting laid some time instead you ugly mug

there's a difference between stiffness and tendonitis
do not try to work through tendonitis OP, you will tear the muscle

Enjoy snap city kid, you definitely deserve it.

>I have some pain between my right arm and forearm that always comes back when I try to lift.

Are you doing a lot of biceps exercises and is that aggravating it? Start considering whether you're causing an imbalance in the arm by doing a lot of biceps work but no forearm work. Look into wrist exercises like pronated and suppinated wrist curls that affect the forearm area and strengthen it; also plate pinches. Stop doing biceps exercises that aggravate the area and do ones that will annoy it less (hammer curls, dumbbell rows, etc.) until the pain subsides.

it's okay kid one day you just might see a vagina irl even with your face

how long will it take to go away just from rest?

no I do the whole arm, don't neglect anything. I've been working out for 10 years on and off, this is the first time I've had an injury. actually it had been a long time since I had worked out last and maybe I tried too hard getting back into it. fucking annoying as hell

I wanna eat dat pucci

>fucking annoying as hell
yeah you are. why should your arm be any different

>I do the whole arm

mad virgins tsk tsk

everyone hates you. plus this is the 4th post in a row you're accusing people of not getting pussy. safe to say you keep going back to that for a reason. you trans bro?

If you dont want to consult a PT or a personal trainer to assess form, try cables and modiafiable grips. I have problems with my wrists and I found that by changing the grip, ie an ez bar, It helped me reduce the pain and keep working my bis, tris and back.

>nobody gets laid, has gfs or is married just because they're on Veeky Forums

YOU HAVE A JEE EFF
HOW YO ASS GET A JEE EFF
JEE WHIZ I'M EFFIN STEAMED ABOUT YOU GETTING A JEE EFF

i use Veeky Forums so I know this is wrong. stop strawmanning. the sexual frustration itt is palpable.

I'd go to the physio for sure if I knew he could help me. problem is I know he'd say he'd be able to no matter what.

Disgusting.

You can research the shit they tell you by yourself. Start by looking into the forearm muscles and what they do to asses which tendon(s) are affected. Then look into eccentrics/negatives for those muscles/tendons, start out light but frequently and work yourself up from there.

wow you must be really fun a t parties

Faggot.

>I don't get laid so nobody else does either

>three months off

I hope that would work for you. I've had a similar issue for six months, done no gym whatsoever, and it still hasn't gone away completely.

do your issues feel really mild, too, but it just doesn't seem to go away? fucking tendons man. A broken bone heals faster than this shit.

thing is there has to be a way to fix it, and relatively quickly. like footballers get these issues and injuries all the time, and they recover so quickly since they have experts helping them out. I just need to know what the fuck to do.

dont ignore this quality advice.
it won't get any better than this without paying for it brah

okay cheers m80

It was mild at first, then it got so bad it was painful to grip anything. I'm 31 and I've never had a sports or workout-related injury, so I honestly didn't know what it was at first, so I kept working out with it until it got really bad. Super stupid, now I'm paying for it.

OP, i went to a physio school and can tell you that they cant help you unless you find a physiotherapist who reads up on research. There are so many in hysiotherapy who doesnt have a clue.

The proper way to fix it is by reducing stres by 50% or more for some time, then SLOWLY start working it up again with strength training.
You may not lift painfree, but it shouldnt go above 4-5 on the painscale of 1-10.

Ill post more info on this as soon as i find the articles, podcasts and studies.

There's this physio guy I know of, who supposedly worked personally for the national Australian rugby team (I really don't know how true this is). Anyway his method is something like he initially aggravates the tendon intentionally (like he presses/clamps down on it hard so that it's painful), then he uses this machine that massages it. After that you sit there for 20 minutes or so with your arm under a heat pad. I have a friend with back problems and apparently this guy fixes him right up and really quickly (though my friend has to be careful with his back, can't do shit like deadlifts or stressful activity involving the back).

Did you ever hear anything about this method in physio school? Not long ago I came across an article where I remember reading something similar and that it's a very effective method for treatment, apparently 'cutting edge' and a more recent discovery. Of course I have no idea how true it is. Wish I knew where the article was so I could post it.

This is the "conservative way" its the most studied and its efficiency is pretty good. But it takes time. Its also the safest route

There are other options. One is described by mark rippeltits that is used in horses. They basically just aggrevate the fuck out of the tendon untill your body does something to it. I dont know how this works or if it only works on some, or not. But its shorter than the conservative way. youtube.com/watch?v=GfPyDuFgmm4
A similare technique is used in clinics, but they use needles to aggrevate it, and other variants of it.

another option, or a tool that can eleviate pain is this glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

It will also go away by itself after some time, this could take anywhere from 3-24 months. and if you dont do anything with it you can become pain-sensitive for the rest of your life. with it flaring up every now and then.

>They basically just aggrevate the fuck out of the tendon untill your body does something to it. I dont know how this works or if it only works on some, or not. But its shorter than the conservative way.
Huh well I'm glad this is apparently a tried and true method that works for people. Fuck it, I'll go see this physiotherapist tomorrow. Any idea how long it takes for this method to fix you 100%? Thanks dude.

>After that you sit there for 20 minutes or so with your arm under a heat pad. I have a friend with back problems and apparently this guy fixes him right up and really quickly (though my friend has to be careful with his back, can't do shit like deadlifts or stressful activity involving the back).

If it does not help with preventing further pain, or reducing it furter down the road, then it only relieves pain. That you can get from pretty much anything. Pain relief is used in very painfull situations or to make the patient ready for the treatment/exercise. Its not a treatment in itself.
And passive treatments sucks. If you dont do any work then its probably not good.
Cutting edge back pain treatment is complex, and involves more than just exercise, or passive treatments.

Its individual, but what the guy youre talking is doing is not what rippetoe recommends. And if you want that treatmend, you described, then its probably better to do this: glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/ as it pretty much does the same, except its free.

By the way, where exactly is the pain? is like golfers elbow? or tennis elbow?

tendinopathyrehab.com/blog/tendinopathy-updates/9-tendinopathy-truths-that-you-must-know-version-2

and here is some general info about it.

except sometimes it's cause of bad form/posture. If that is the case then rest will only help in the short term, because as soon as you start lifting again the problem will flare up yet again after a while.

bad form is one cause, and yes, rest doesnt do much, but doing exercises when its at its worst is not going to help, at all. It may make it worse for some days. Further postponing treatment.

not saying you should do exercises, saying you should look into why it's happening, not only how to treat it right now

There is extremely little you can do, technique wise, to get tendinitis in the arm.
Back, shoulder, knees are more of an issue when it comes to technique, but you have to do something seriously wrong for technique to be an issue with the albow or arms.

I've been working out for 10 years. This is the first time I've had a problem. it's an injury, that's all, happens to plenty of lifters. I had taken a long break and went too hard right at the start. shit happens.

it's between the right forearm and bicep on the inside, and I feel it a bit in the right of the bottom forearm muscle too. I think it's the distal tendon.

tendonitis yes, tendinosis no.

Typically short term symptoms are alleviated by reducing stress through soft tissue work. Tendinitis of the knee, elbow, shoulder, etc. are pretty easy to fix up as long as you weren't an idiot and aggravated them for months (or had a traumatic injury).

*it's around this area

The inside is the medial side(where the flexors of wrist and fingers attach). the distal is the one on the outside..

If its on the inside, its goflers elbow. Which is what rip had when he fixed it by aggrevating it.
I wont recommend this treatment as the best way, as i dont now much about it. But its an option. If you fuck it up you could make it worse, and it can become fucked for life.

no I noticed the pain and stopped. then I tried again in two weeks, still didn't feel great, so stopped again. then another two weeks tried again, and again the pain was there, so stopped. haven't gone since june 24th now

You are probably lifting like a retard.
Watch form videos, and stop being a fucking Mongoloid in the gym. Also reduce weights a bit when curling, you're probably throwing the weight around.

just fuck off already you autistic virgin. aren't you bored yet?

I think I have the same thing in my knee I used to let my knees cave in a bit when squating so I got a pain in my knees but ignored it and did squats and deadlifts another day until I couldn't ignore it anymore ,after a month break I had a month pain free and then it came back and stayed until now (a month and a half) so I don't know what to do I can't even OHP without my knee feeling weird.

It's my first post buddy, but you seem retarded in your posts, so I assume you're being dense as duck in the gym as well.

sure thing my virginal friend

I hurt my knees once by doing really bad form squats. For the longest fucking time they hurt and would never feel good while doing high bar squats (low bar was fine though). I couldn't do high bar squats ever without feeling pain. Thankfully it passed, but it took a really long time for them to get better. When they got better it was after a really long break, too - a break I wasn't doing because the legs. Basically I had way too much shit to do at the time and wasn't going to the gym, just busy with life. I didn't even remember about the knees.

I think the key to recovering from a tendon injury is just to forget about it and leave it be. it's like waiting for a kettle to boil, but much slower, if you keep thinking about it. literally just stop the gym and do other shit you have to do. don't keep waiting on your injury to get better because then it never will. You and OP should just forget about the gym for a while, until you even forget that you have the injuries desu

No it won't help. Do "Body Movement Art", that is, dynamic and intuitive movements. Use principles from yoga/power yoga, gymnastics, break dancing/dancing, and others and focus on 360 strength, stamina and movements so your joints, muscles and tendons can flex and strain in as many directions and situations as possible in order to make an "informed adaptation".

Your tendons have to move in many different ways in order to be healthy user. No robots allowed.

That's what I'll do then but I'll miss having thick legs and doing deadlifts is there any quad exercise that doesn't involve the knee you recommend?

No idea brah

Two weeks is not enough time off to heal a tendon injury like that. I've had tendonitis for something like 6 years now. I've literally just had to adjust my lifestyle and stop doing some of the things I used to love. Life goes on though, and I've found different things that I love.

Do yourself a favor. Wait until you think you're good enough to go back, then take another two weeks off at the very least, and even then, come back slowly, and immediately stop if you start to aggravate it.

go to bodyweight general, get the foundation pdf and do the single leg squat series. the first like 5 or 6 exercises are amazing for rehab/prehab

glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

do dis

just because you weren't able to fix it doesnt mean it cant be fixeda

you sure? looks kinda scary

It heals the same way everything else heals. Physio shows you how to not trigger it again.

okay, don't do it, I don't care

No my knees are fine now dude. Just telling that other guy it took a long break, one in which I had actually forgotten about my knees entirely. It was to the extent that when I went back to the gym I just squatted and wasn't thinking of my knees at all. Then I later recalled that I used to have chronically bad knees on squats that I thought would never heal. Thankfully they did.