Beginner Routine

Hey guys,

I want to start lifting seriously and created a beginner routine, kind of based on GSLP. I already wasted one year of nogains on a brosplit

A:
OHP 3x5
Wide Pull Ups 3x5
Squats 3x5
BB Curls 2x12
Crunch 3x12
B
Bench 3x5
BB Rows 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
FacePulls 3x12
Triceps Pushdown Rope 2x12
Hyperextensions 3x12

I am already lifting one year and I am know at: 0.4/0.8/0.8/0.8
I really want to make progress and be at 1/2/3/4 when I turn 21. I became 19 this weekend, do you think my goal is reachable? Or is there not enough time?

I am super motivated I do not want to be hold back by my routine this time. So pls give me tips.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/guides/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Week1: ABA
Week2: BAB

>Any of this reddit shit

We do brosplits here kiddo

day 1: Bicep/tricep

day 2: Chest

day 3: go to the bar

day 4: go in for leg day but do bench and curls

day 5: shoulders

day 6: show up late and try to pick up the chicks you never see in the gym regularly, do curls to impress them

day 7: is god's day, call it leg day but don't do legs

You're not smart enough to be making your own programs.

Read the sticky.
Bulk.
Do more volume.
Lift every other day.
Don't drink, don't smoke.
Minimum 120grams of protein per day.
Recommended 1 gram per pound of bodyweight of protein per day.

You can do this, I believe in you.

I actually read the sticky but I do not like the programs mentioned there. People here always say SS is a meme and SL is not that good.

Could you help me on the routine? Every beginner routine is letting arms and abs out, and I am not really liking that.

you can reach those lifts in 2 years yeah, be careful about taking advice from Veeky Forums though since like every other board people will spread misinformation and be contrarian for the sake of it. read the sticky here and check out the wiki on /r/fitness as well

just don't look for "beginner" routines and look for one you like and work towards it

Arms and abs come very quickly, you'll need a solid foundation if you're ever going to get to 1/2/3/4

SS and SL are good, 5/3/1 is okay as long as you're using it as a bare minimum.

You think so? I think I am going to start SS then.

Good luck, learn good form first, worry about impressing Veeky Forums later.
Read this:
strongerbyscience.com/guides/

Get stronk, my dude

SS is a meme is a meme. Read the sticky faggot

please stop

It isn't as simple as "full body" vs "brosplit."

There are lots of split routines that are still full of compound lifts, are superfunctionalpaleo etc. or whatever bullshit it is that you want.

I suppose according to internet retards, PPL is a brosplit?

It took me like 2 months to hit a 135 bench. How tf are you at 115 after a year?

If you didnt make gains with a bro split your not gonna make gains with ss.
You did something wrong

Go for a PPL routine. The one on the /r/Fitness wiki isn't bad (the 6 day one is what I'm using), but you might want to find what suits you best

I already know the form, I am doing the big OHP/ Squat/ DL for 3 months now, and Bench one year. But thank you

SS is what they want you to do in the sticky...

Brosplit
Monday: Chest + Triceps
Tuesday: Back + Biceps
Friday: Legs + Shoulders
I never highered the weight and only did 20 reps of everything. The pt in my old gym always told me to higher the weight only if I am 100% sure and he told me to deload quite often. He also said if I stall, I should to lighter weight sets with like 30 reps and have the ROM.
I discovered this place quite late :/

Here are a lot of fit dudes on Veeky Forums and most of them started with a LP program I think. I want to try it, at least once. Also PPL is so close to a brosplit

Fair enough, regarding the brosplit similarities... I think having a bit of recovery time for each muscle group is wise though

Do starting strength, follow the program. Do it well and you're done in 3-4 months and you're ready to start w/e you want.

I did SS after a long hiatus from the gym, best thing I could have ever done

It isn't horrible but,

You shouldn't be doing it if you don't know what you're doing. Experienced lifters can gauge it much better.

Learn your base shit and move on from there.

>just started lifting
>designed my own program

>just started physics class
>designed my own spaceship

Your brosplit sounds dangerously similar to my routine. I do
Monday: chest + triceps + shoulders
Wednesday: Biceps + bakc
friday: legs + abs + forearms

I do 3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Am I fucking up?

In my newbie opinion yes.
I did not make any gains on this.

Well fuck. I'm on a cut now so i guess it's okay, but still.

A bit. You're not going to make good gains on that frequency, try hitting everything 2x or more per week

Buy/download the book/app and READ it
READ IT ALL before you start it
Goddamn it, but it's good

You do a bro split. I do TBT

I've got two running days too though