In hind site was this the correct move from the allied point of view?

In hind site was this the correct move from the allied point of view?

No. They should have gone further.

fpbp

Also should have done it in 1918

Reunification was a mistake, we should have kept the two Germanys separate indefinitely like Austria

Yeah, why not just return Germany to it's unification state?

*Pre unification state
I'm a fucking retard

land thievery only creates resentments

Maybe the fairest way to look at it is from a Polish point of view.
>Approximately 20% of the Polish population perished during the war.
>Stalin intended to expel Poles from their homes in the east regardless of what the Western Allies thought.
>The Germans had also expelled and ethnically cleansed Poles from their homes in the corridor and/or areas that were historically Polish.
>Polish cities were left in ruins.
>All the Polish intellectuals had been liquidated.
>Archives, centuries of knowledge destroyed.
Did it go to far? Maybe.
But those lands have been Polish now for generations.
We live in a world where Germany could only get that land back if:
a) they bought it (and the Poles won't ever return an inch of it when Polish people live there and rebuilt those cities).
b) those areas voted to join Germany. Which they won't.

tl;dr: Thinking Silesia should be German is the same as wanting Mexico to have California. The war's over and this is the outcome. The end.

True, which is why the Allies returned it to a state much closer to what it was originally like. Nevertheless, East Germany should've been Slavicised, too.

Should've just had these guys as independent states.
But I guess they wanted to revive Germany as a shield against Russia.

Memes aside, i think Pomerania and whole of Silesia was pretty unnecessary.
I understand doing same shit the nazis wanted to do to Poland, but forcefully migrating millions of population away from their homes is kind of fucked up to begin with, even as a revenge mechanism.
Should have given to Poland all of East Prussia together with Kaliningrad(rename it Krolewiec), whole of Upper Silesia and called it a day.

>I understand doing same shit the nazis wanted to do to Poland, but forcefully migrating millions of population away from their homes is kind of fucked up to begin with, even as a revenge mechanism.
Germans did worse.

Geography was also considered. The current border is shorter and easier to defend. With what you said there would still be the gaping jaws of Germany biting into Western Poland that could be used for future wars. Bohemia is also no longer almost fully surrounded by German inhabited lands.

There's also the political factor. Poles themselves might have been satisfied with just Prussia and Upper Silesia at the beginning of the war, but as the war progressed and Poland was more and more devastated it would simply not be enough. Losing the eastern lands of Poland to the Soviet Union would also mean more compensation in the west. Otherwise it would basically mean Poland would be a defeated nation as it would lose a huge amount of land and gain little in comparison. Whatever Polish government accepted this would forever be seen as traitors.

And the situation with Poland during WWII isn't really comparable. Nazi Germany wanted to abolish the Polish people altogether. In post-WWII German states still existed although shrunk. Germans from the lost lands could take refugee in the safety of West Germany, a revived German state. Poles had no such refuge in German occupied Europe, except in Hungary and Romania for a brief time.

Why do morons not realize balkanizing Germany into a bunch of small states is not a feasible solution? Even if you add a clause against reunification (like with Austria IRL) you'll just have more resentment from a population that considers themselves German.

I swear to God Veeky Forums is full of delusional Anglos and Baguettes who can't seem to hide their hate boner towards Germany.

you've just made an enemy for life

>Holland doesn't have Kleve (Kleef)
Not even a good autistic map.

Who cares, if the statelets remained under military occupation, they couldn't do anything about it.

Truly terrifying

>East Germany should've been Slavicised
This very much.
They should've rename it into Sorbia, Wendlands, Lechitia etc. and new created new language that would be mixed of polish, czeck and german.
Build tons of monuments to slavic kings like Niklot and propagate tons of slavic propaganda which tells that east germans are descended from ancient slavic tribes.

>In hind site
>hind site

So the ass?

>and new created new language that would be mixed of polish, czeck and german.
Sorbian already exists

This
If they were gonna leave it all together then why not austria too? Either keep it all apart or all together ffs

You laugh now, but you will weep hereafter.

We should have unironically implemented Churchill's plan except without his borders, instead restoring "germany" to the legitimate rightful sovereign Princely states that existed in the time of the Holy Roman Empire, before pr*ssian domination, organized into a patchwork of practical sized federations. Each would be guaranteed free trade, 0 reparations and marshall plan money (invested in agriculture and light consumer goods rather than heavy industry), however they will be constitutionally obliged to maintain only a defense force and assigned a regional dialect as the national language to undo the damage. Also machinery will be confiscated since it belonged to the German state and collaborating private businesses, so for example Volkswagen would be gone however mercedes and BMW would be untouched so we can still get those.

>geater Poland with Polish majority
>not in Poland

This but unironically

I think the Oder-Neisse line might be a bit far but i think it was right to give poland some of it's core territory, however giving the germanic parts of alsace to the fr*nch was a mistake

They can vote to unify with Poland, if they want.

>land thievery only creates resentments
True. The more Slavic lands G*rmanoid savages steal, the more they resent Slavs.

>Polish speaking majority region can vote to join Poland if they want to

>Anglos and Baguettes
Im not sure if Anglos actually hate Germans besides Meming about Bomber Harris

I imagine it would be to try to minimize the terrtiory that stalin would get his hands on

does p*lish asshurt know no bounds?

Poland without a Greater Poland shouldn't even be called Poland.

You're right, it should be called "impassable nuclear wasteland between Germany and Russia"

Yes.
>NOOOOO MEANIE GERMS DID TO BE ABOLISHED
Retarded, you're just being spiteful for the sake of being spiteful.
What the allies actually did seems to being going pretty well since there hasn't been another conflict involving Germany.

They can't? Why not?

Shut the fuck up.

Le epic hate Germany meme XD
DAE pregnant Anne Frank??

Cut the country in half, then it was split and governed by communists for 50 years, and at the end of all that it is still the strongest nation in Europe.
They did pretty well maintaining the balance of power, a full-sized Germany could not be held in check by France and the UK.

>meme

Are you saying that if the Germans were to win another war against the poles, that land would be rightfully theirs?

>>>/reddit/

They got huge help and protection from the Americans, since it was the front line against USSR during the Cold War and France basically gave the middle finger to NATO which left Western Europe defended only by US troops.
Plus France paid for their re-unification, and they benefited a lot from the EU.

>>The war's over and this is the outcome. The end.
>might makes right

There's more to that post.

>win another war against the poles
That would be difficult Poland has a bigger military than Germany now. Also there is NATO.
Also a lot of German companies located their manufacturing plants in Poland because of lower wages so it would be really bad for business.

you can conquer and opress poles but they'll chimp out sooner or later, one of the toughest peoples in europe from what I gather

Give more land to Poland, nothing to Rusia. Give something to other German ocupied countries land as some compensiation. Balkanize rest.

For moment I forget that UK started war to save Poland.

>For moment I forget that UK started war to save Poland.
They started a war to save their own business, not save Poland.

If they truly cared about Poland, then there would be no term called "Phoney war"

He's saying you should look at what the germs did to Poland before complaining about reduced borders and that the war ended a long time ago now.