Best martial art for realistic self defense?

Best martial art for realistic self defense?

Also how do you feel about the biggest sporting event of our life times? pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0jnP7Su_2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't drink, don't fuck with married women, get a good job and live in a good neighborhood-fu.

Barring that, just pick something that wins in MMA. Sport vs. Street is bullshit. The claim that things that work in the ring don't work in the street is made by people who have wasted time and money training things that don't even work in the ring.

>Also how do you feel about the biggest sporting event of our life times?

Even though a lot of people are talking shit about what will happen, i'm glad it's happening.

It's all for the sport and entertainment. If they can entertain us, then the sport is being done some good.

Bravos to both fighters.

I guess it has to be posted for the millionth time: Boxing, wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai are all proven styles. And how is some leprechaun with zero boxing experience who will be ko'ed in 5 the sporting event of a generation?

It makes me sick to see a man wearing an american flag hoodie lose the crowd to some mouthy potato head at a press conference in the US. I'm rooting for Mayweather despite his racial handicap. I hope he murders that cunt.

Post >yfw Conor headkicks Floyd immediately after the bell rings to start Round 1

Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, wing chun, any sort of martial arts training is going to give you a huge edge in a fight, simply because all these retards picking fights have no martial training. 9/10 martial artists won't start the fight, because they've been taught respect, it'll be some douchebag. But 9/10 times the martial artist will win the fight.

Also I'm pumped as fuck. Calling Mayweather wins based off endurance

I unironically think this will happen.

>literally retarded groid vs scrappy irish man
50 on Mayweather plz

Alright, let's get this straight.

Krav Maga is the single best martial art, everything else is just aggressive ballet. It's also the nuclear option when it comes to fighting,since you basically fucking cripple anyone who's coming at you. If you want to be able to throw a punch in some street brawl or something, then boxing is all you need. But if you want to know that nobody can fuck with you, Krav Maga is the way to go.

Krav maga is not a martial art.

But is the best for self defense.

>inb4 BJJ is the best autism

Buying a gun

Connor is gonna beat the book out of that little pussy faggot

49-1

>best martial art
Army combatives

>Mayweather vs MacGregor
I hate both of their personalities. I prefer MMA to boxing. Mayweather is old. But Mayweather is the best counterpuncher in decades. MacGregor will not be able to handle boxing gloves. He's used to hitting a guy twice to drop him. That won't work with thick boxing gloves.

Mayweather by KO in the 3rd round.

I honestly wish this would happen. Can you imagine the media shitstorm?

It would be Tyson's "Bite Fight" all over again and McGregor would go down as the biggest heel in sports history

If you're picking fights with white folks its bjj. If you're picking fights with niggers do something standup like boxing or muay thai. Niggers have no sense of honor and will have their friends kick you in the head once you go to the ground with them so you need to stay on your feet

krav maga
A martial arts which is more suited to real life than shit like Karate and Kick-Boxing.

>both fighters still take home bank
>both fighters don't "Lose"
>want an autorematch which will never happen but keep being delayed till no one cares for it
>both fighters can still talk shit to each other hyping up whatever else they want

It makes the most sense

I hope gingerboy kicks that nig's head in.

I don't even know who the black guy is and I barely know about the white guy but I hope he fucks him up bad solely based on race

Is not a martial art, you idiot

BJJ is for whites is a gay bullshit statement, you can use Krav Maga anyway against a whitey or a nigtrash

actually solid advice

Honestly, boxing and wrestling are the best for self defense.

McFaggot is going to get his ass beat and I can't wait.

>pic related
Conor after getting fucked in the ass by Floyd.

Judges are going to rig the fight like with Pacquiao
Potato boy is going to win and the showoff is probably in on it somehow

Army combatives guys really suck at grappling and striking in my experience.

Yeah, solid as my turds

Should prob increase your fiber intake. Mild stool softener after that.

Target focus training

Not memeing. It's not how to get someone to tap its just how to rekk someone expediently

Boxing+some basics of BJJ is basically all you'll ever need. 90% of people have no idea how to fight or even how tiring it is. Most people will gas out after a minute.

As for 'Da Big Fightâ„¢',

It'll be shit. McGregor will lose because Floyd will do what he always does and box for points, throwing out a few fast taps then running around the ring. Cue years of shit talking.

Modern boxing is garbage. The only way to make it worth watching is to go back to the earlier rules where there's no points and no round limit, you box until one guy gives up or gets knocked out.

Hey man, have some points to back up what you just said?
Not trying to be an asshole, I actually want to see something that shows Krav Maga being as good as they say it is.

Best defense is a nice fast 400m sprint

Mayweathetr on points

>it's all for sport and entertainment

It's a cash grab bro, one of the worst in the history of fighting.

That's said I'm looking forward too it.

Same. Every formal military guy got worked in grappling.

IDK, I think guard is less effective in street since they can just go to the groin.

But yeah barring a few things, learn all the stuff the MMA fighters are doing on each other.

If they go for the groin against a decent jits player, that's one arm in, one arm out, basically getting set up for a triangle or armbar.

The real problem with the guard is if you're against a wrestler or a strong ass motherfucker they can powerbomb you onto concrete. You can kind of defend it by grabbing their ankles, but the risk is there.

This.

No amount of boxing will save you against the nigga who comes up behind you with a gun/baseball bat

I'think would cement his legend as the madman he is. People would love it .

so true

>Best martial art for realistic self defense?

400m sprint

if krav maga is so good why didn't anyone with a krav maga background do well in the UFC back when there were no rules or weight classes?

even a ninjitsu guy won one of them

KRAV MAGA

Connor has tiny nipples

you realize they're both manlets and any fully grown male who's 90kg+ would kill them with minimal training (like 2-3 weeks of training)

>don't fuck with married women

That's one of the perks of my job user. They buy me nice stuff too

Mayweather has no power. That being said, mcgregor hasn't felt real gloves from a real boxer. Mayweather will more than likely win, mcgregor doesn't have the boxing skill needed. People are stupid fucks for hyping this fight up. It's gonna be dumb af and they are both gonna get massive paydays while all the idiots who hype it up ain't gonna get shit except being a part of the conversation. Bunch of bandwaggon faggots

What's ur job how do I get it

Shut up nigger, you don't know shit. Closest things to a set of gloves you have ever felt is the love glove your dad puts on before fucking your ass

>army combatives
Are you actually fucking retarded?

They're old ladies user. Ones 53 and the others 61. I work at a condo in Palm beach as a concierge. 9 stories and only 14 tenants because some bought entire floors. Its only 17 an hour plus tips but these people dont carry singles. I got it because my friend details their cars and heard about the opening

>Rigged

Manny was made to look foolish and whiffed everything. Judy because you think spamming more punches makes more points doesn't make it true.

Did it hit a little too close to home?

systema shits on your jewish bs

isnt this that new rocky film?

Also, not a nigger you dumb bitch. I hate Floyd, I would prefer if he lost. I actually respect mcgregor for agreeing to floyds rules. You're a real tough guy ya know

stop making me feel like i've outgrown this place already

>how do you feel

I will feel a lot better if Conor wins, but who knows.

other martial arts have elements of mercy and no intent to cause perma-injury. Krav Maga is small joint manipulation and other 'unsportsmanlike' combat

because you still couldn't gouge their eyes and bite at your opponents fleshy, vulnerable ballsack

Realistically? None, if it gets to that point you're fucked, because you're opponent is likely armed and you'll be outnumbered.
Try some Parkour so you can flee, or Judo if you really want to fight.

Words of an expert;

youtube.com/watch?v=-0jnP7Su_2s

Short answer is MMA.
There are several forms of martial arts that would give you the upper hand in a street fight but there is also several that won't like Taekwondo. Any martial art that you can go from white belt to black belt while remaining obese is bullshit

i'm pretty torn.. i mean mayweather has the most annoying fighting style there is.. but at the same time, he said he would walk out to either the national anthem or born in the US. if he walks out to either of those songs i'd have to route for him

You do know those women soldiers have been proving in studies to be worthless, they are now trying to them out the forces.

>The only way to make it worth watching is to go back to the earlier rules where there's no points and no round limit, you box until one guy gives up or gets knocked out.
As someone who's never really been interested in the sport, this would be the only way to get me into it.

I get people like it for the skill and finesse or whatever, I just don't care, watching Mayweather box is fucking boring.
The only way I'm going to watch any part of this fight is if this happens.

>worthless

It really depends on a country and their training.

Mayweather has no power against other elite boxers. Against a pretender like Conor he'll light him up and drop him multiple times until the ref stops it or the corner throws in he towel. No chance this lasts 12 rounds.

>Against a pretender like Conor he'll light him up and drop him multiple times
>a guy that's used to getting kicked in the head by other top martial artists
ok nigger

LOL.

conor would lose his entire fight purse, be sued into oblivion and probably be charged with assault. not to mention having the shit kicked out of him by mayweathers goon squad

that is why russian girls should date black men

>>a guy that's used to getting kicked in the head by other top martial artists

that dont actually know how to throw a proper punch

also the sheer volume of punches mayweather will be able to land through mgregors gaping holes in the defense will kill him

>MMA "athletes"
>top martial artists

Where can I get updates for that fight?
Any Youtube channel or websites?

>KO McGregor
Yeah no shot. Mayweather is gonna win because judges

MMAfags would jizz because they see that cocky tear finally get wrecked by a real move.
Boxingfags would be horrified

It'd be great

>someone with a fist as light as Mayweather will KO a guy that's used to getting kicked in the head by professional athletes
I don't believe McGregor will win either, but if you think someone with pillows for fists will KO him you're delusional.

Conor will not be able to keep the fight remotely competitive enough to last 12 rounds

It will just be a depressing beatdown and the ref will eventually put him out of his misery

boxing

> guy lunges and tackles you to the ground
> game over

flloyd can impart more force with boxing gloves and he can do it with 10x more precision than anyone else mcgregor has faced before

no one is saying mayweather is mike tyson, but mcgregors D is so laughable that mayweather will be able to tee off at will. and it doesnt take some kind of titan strength to knock someone out

> avoiding a giant glove Vs. Someone's padded fist

They will fight within Boxing rules, not MMA

> he does it anyway

>going to the ground in a street fight

yeah great idea

How is boxing supposed to teach you how to prevent yourself from going to the ground? Look at how Robert Whittaker fights against a wrestling god like Yoel Romero. He used his footwork and angles to cut off takedowns, but Romero still managed to shoot. How did Whittaker get up and keep the fight on his feet? Wrestling. He stood up with hand control, sprawled, framed on the head, used his whizzer, basically everything you would do to prevent a guy from taking you down in a wrestling match. A competent martial artist needs to be able to fight on their feet and have a plan for getting up/submitting if someone takes you down.

Let's be real, the best thing you can do is learn how to throw a quick, crisp, accurate punch to the jaw and run away as fast as you can

Fuck this mayweather v megregor shit. It won't hold a candle to the Golovkin v Carnelo fight

What about arabs and turks?

Golovkin will fuck Carnelo raw

Don't fall for the wing chun meme

Boxing is pretty fucking good because it's easy to find a good gym

Muay thai is harder to find a good gym but is really good if you do find one

Bjj is good and relatively easy to find a good gym

Combat sambo is god tier but very difficult to find a good gym

Floyd is fucking 40.

Too bad nobody cares about beaner manlets pillowfighting with hulk hands

The only thing entertaining about the McTato vs Old Nigger fight is the potato guy's bantz

Don't fall for the Taekwondo meme, it is basically rendered useless once your opponent gets 'inside' your kick range. ITF style is a little bit less useless than WTF, but neither are ideal for self defense. Wing Chun is borderline useless too. In terms of pure self defense, as many have said, BJJ, MT, etc are good options. I'd also add Kempo and Shotokan Karate, and also Jeet Kune Do. It's ideal to find an art that suits your style and goals the best.

This. Although Triple G will win because he's an absolute monster, even at 35.

>go back to the earlier rules where there's no points and no round limit,
I agree with this stuff. The number one way to ruin a sport is to leave the decision of who wins to some sort of jury instead of having strict and easily applicable rules enforced by an arbiter.

But negroes run faster than whites on average. It's a fact.

Also, what if you got someone you are with? Gonna abandon him there?

Imagine GGG vs mayweather. Now that I would pay to see.

females in the military are just a part of the trend where women get all the cushy government jobs in which you are paid to do practically nothing. It's just the latest form of welfare.

If there actually were serious 20th-century-like wars on the regular there wouldn't be any women there.

Depends on the occassion.
If you actually meet up to fight turks and it somehow happens to be a 2vs12, you're gonna fight one versus one without anyone stepping inside, because it's gonna be a win or lose situation.

If they happen to be in a group and happen to get into a fight, all of them will

the best one is the one that learns you boxing, kicking, use of elbow and knees, and grappling.

I think the fight seems cool, but theyre both counter-strikers, so it could get boring.