What's a good age to begin training your kids?

What's a good age to begin training your kids?

Other than cardio, I plan on calisthenics and limited strongman exercises. I don't plan on teaching them weight training until at least middle of high school.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAkqiDF4wCY
elitefts.com/q2a/10445/sports-training-resources
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i biked hard when i was 14 and i think i can safely say it stunted my leg growth by preventing the bones to run free.
Don't start till after your 6 ft or your growth had ended.

Make your kids play outside with you as much as possible, even if it's just taking them for walks around the block. Put monkey bars in your backyard.

They can start playing sports early, but most of it is horseshit. Watch the documentary "Head Games", it will show you why you should never let your kids play football (either type), hockey, basketball....really any sport.

You can't expect PE to get them fit, so work out with them 3 times a week, just simple pushups and bodysquats. Kids can also do chinups.

When they're 14 or 15, they can start lifting. Learn about how joints work. Look at Jeff Cavaliers stuff, you don't want to fuck up their hips, knees, shoulders, low back, or anything else. Focus on form, they don't have to lift heavy.

Roids will fuse their growth plates prematurely. No roids until 21. My plates got prematurely fused at 15 from prescribed steroids for asthma, so my dad is 6'0, my brother is 6'3, and I'm 5'7. I should've been at least 5'10. No steroids, learn from my life of misery.

>tfw a baby can press 2pl8 and you haven't even unlocked 1pl8 yet

>i can safely say it stunted my leg growth by preventing the bones to run free.
No, that would be a heritable trait, like your stunning IQ.

lol at you, i can do 15 with 1plate

Two nights ago I did 61 at 135 after an entire chest/tricep workout. You're not impressive whatsoever you tiny little namefag. Lurk more kiddo

5 years old seems fine for this family
youtube.com/watch?v=EAkqiDF4wCY

Fucking idiots letting a little kid try to deadlift weight that's clearly too heavy with a rounded back. I bet when the kid goes to snap city and stunts his growth the dad will tell him to suck it up and "there's no wussies in this family!"

shoo shoo gains goblin

>Everyone in the family eats big

but what if they don't enjoy lifting?

>tfw you don't have hybrid human/saiyan genes and being stronger than any human at 5yo

Infant Goku was stronger than any human. He could one hand raise a car at 2-3ish.

Future manlet in the making.

>it stunted my leg growth by preventing the bones to run free.

DOCTORS REPORT IN: ONE GUY'S FEELING ABOUT HIS LEGS CONCLUSIVE- EARLY BIKING STUNTS GROWTH

I'd probably have them do baby 1-10 lb weights when they're like 6 or 7.

I'd start strength training them when they're like 13 so they can have their form mastered and can maximize their gains when puberty kicks in.

his second son went full saiyan at 5yo. That means he has the potential to win against Freeza (Namek Saga). Freeza at his weakest (Namek Saga) could destroy planets.

Let it sink that for a moment

considering kids like to do the opposite of what you tell them, id tell my son in high school "what ever you do dont take weight training and wrestling"

bullshit, lad

>Let it sink that for a moment
what if it doesnt want to enter?

you will never have Vegeta as your dad and train in the high gravity room.

This from Elitefts Q&A
elitefts.com/q2a/10445/sports-training-resources
How to train your kids:
Begin the pre-adolescent with swimming shortly after birth and continue for 4-6 years (unless the decision to continue further is based upon interest and aptitude)Introduce youth gymnastics when the child can walk and continue for 4-6 years (unless the decision to continue further is based upon interest and aptitude)Introduce properly adjusted T&F activities around the age of 6 or 7 (See Charlie's guidelines) and continue unless interest dimishes or aptitude is not thereIf the child is male (and certainly if female and she's interested) introduce wrestling around that time and continue unless interest diminishes or aptitude is not thereOnce terrestrial movement mechanics are sound (running, sprinting, jumping, changing direction, tumbling, somersaults, throwing, kicking...) the child is free to select any variety of team sport and of course any variety of Olympic disciplineIf gymnastics have ceased it is time to continue with modified gymnastics, calisthenics, medicine ball exerciseIf T&F has ceased the sprint training must continueBroomstick and light barbell exercise may begin as soon as requisite strength and coordination is in placeThe advancement of barbell load and any other external resistance exercise may continue commensurate with the youth's/young teenagers mechanical efficiencyThis graduated/incrementally sloped aggregate of sports trainng continues through the early/mid teenage yearsby the time the individual reaches the college/university age they should be well versed in any variety of movements with and without external resistance and the intelligibly assembled preparatory process will continue throughout, such that by the time the indivdual is out of college/university, or of equal age, they will have developed close to all the general strenght they'll need unless they are continuing with powerlifting, strongman, Olympic weightlifting...