What's fit's opinion on trap/hex bar deadlifts?

What's fit's opinion on trap/hex bar deadlifts?

Im currently on holiday in the middle of nowhere and cant find a gym. There is a small fitness studio in the apartement i'm currently staying but they have no bench/squat rack so no olympic barbells

How much would my gains be hurt if deadlift using hex bar only for the next 6-8 weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
youtube.com/watch?v=tCSQQedLKYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you wont hurt gains at all
take this as an opportunity to work hard and get creative

hit low handles, high handles, dificits, trap bar shrugs, and rows. if u have a trap bar im assuming u have weights, so u can use those to do presses, flies, curls and tricep extensions

The only weights at the gym are only go up to 65 lb dumbbells,

Pull up/dip station,
And machine chest presses

While im not a powerlifter, i do train heavy compounds with priority of strength over size (i'm a college wrestler)

How much would trap bar deadlift hurt my conventional deadlift/power cleans numbers??

Dude if you're a college wrestler then fuck your DL/clean, focus on what will help your wrestling.

Eric Bugenhagen is a really good resource for that, he recommended jeffersons and hack pulls the most, but check his shit out.

you're gains will suffer greatly, better not do deadlift at all just to be safe.

Trap bar uses more muscles overall with a reduced chance of injury compared to an oly bar. I'm upset that my gym doesn't have a trap bar honestly. I would replace most of my lowerbody workout with JUST trap bar deadlifts.

Superior in every way for a common Joe.

sauce?
im only asking because my gym has both. not OP btw.

Like it a lot better tbqh.

I will literally be kicked out of my uni gym if i do 1000 lb rack pulls while screaming

nothing quite says "i'm a vain little bitch who wants to be able to pretend he can move man weight" like using the wuss bar.

yeah the bar that is heavier than a normal bar is a wuss bar

everyone knows trap bar easily adds 50lbs to your deadlift. just like straps easily add 35lbs and chalk adds around 15-20lbs to your deadlift.

Stop thinking like a man and start thinking like a legend.

vain little bitch spotted. also,

>44 seconds in between those posts

holy SHIT you impotent chumps run damage control QUICK.

you'd be perfectly fine using that for deadlifts for a few weeks, it's just a deadlift with a little less hip hinging and a little more quad extension and less stress on your lower back

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

pic related

trap bars weigh the same as a bb you dingus

No depends. Trap bar is usually 55 pounds and can only hold 4 plates ( Total of 415 pounds).
MY gym has that and a 80 pound bar that can handle more weight, heres me doing 470 on it

Holy shit you look gay you probably like actual traps too

>470 DL
>looks like a fucking DYEL
this is why I don't do /unaesthetic/ meme lifts

>SS was a mistake
>Weighted dips are a meme (120 for 3 reps at 180)
Veeky Forums was right

Kek I've never done a deadlift or a squat and I never plan to.

>guy isn't aesthetic as you
>punch him in the face because he should be more aesthetic
>he looks straight forward without his head moving a single micron
>his face visibly becomes redder and redder as he stares straight at you

then don't scream, retard.

I started using hex bar for deadlifts earlier in the year because I found it to be less taxing on my lower back. I also increased my lifts by ~50 pounds or so.

If I were you, as a former college wrestler myself, I would focus on higher rep lifts (especially dips and pull ups) and cardio. Hex bar deadlifts are not going to set you back and your best bet with other lifts would be to increase your rep volume if you don't have heavy weights around.

>t. wheelchair bound

The trap bar is super useful and very versatile. It's great for deadlifts.

Just to add on to what I meant by versatile, I mean you can do
>trap bar deadlifts (high handles)
>trap bar deadlifts (low handles)
>t bar rows
>neutral grip pushups
>neutral grip overhead press

Trap bar would help you progress well on your conventional. Also since you're a wrestler, check out zercher deadlifts. I know it's probably not something you're doing right now, but it could help you tremendously in your sport because of the position your spine is put in.

>>neutral grip overhead press
Literally how the fuck are you suppose to overhead press with a trap bar? Unless you have a high quality trap bar designed to be loaded while on the safeties, there is no way to put the weight on the bar and then move it up to a comfortable level.

My gym has a trap bar and I attempted to do overhead press with it. I first added the weight, somehow managed to get it up to the safeties, then added some more weight. There was not enough room on the bar to put on clips and rest the bar on the safeties. The weights slid around a bit because there was no clip on the bar, and I was unable to rerack the bar. I was stuck. Thankfully, a friendly guy saved me.

Also saw a guy at my gym leave the trap bar on the rack with I think 2 pl8s on it. I cannot imagine how the gym staff could have possibly got that trapbar down from there.

conventional deadlift is overrated

it's known as "the virgin lift" for a reason

i don't want to scrape my shins. i insist on wearing low cut socks and basketball shorts to the gym.

Dem titays

>i don't want to scrape my shins

see? vain. little. bitch.

Jason Blaha does not reccomend the trapbar deadlift
youtube.com/watch?v=tCSQQedLKYI
literally every other lifting youtuber recommends it. sooo you decide

im 300lbs

>tfw you realize that's what you wear to the gym

Jerk blocks.

kek that image

So what's the alternative to your issue? Do nothing? Obvious answer will be in the absence of a barbell a hex bar will be fine.

Unless you just want to give up deadlifting for two months. What do you think is the better option? Did you even need to ask these basement dwelling arseholes?

Lunges are pretty good with a trap bar too.

anecdotal

How about you try to pull 1000lbs without making a noise? Retard.

>paying any attention to what blohino says

Kek

Is this low handle or high handle trap bar?

High, low handle is pretty much just a better version of a leg press.

There is no hinge in the leg press. Low handle is more hinge than high handles

Low handle is knee extension.

In low handles, your torso wont be as upright. There will more knee flexion, but hip flexion is greater too. Your lower back will be hit harder, not just your quads.

>n low handles, your torso wont be as upright.
REALLY depends on leverages Tbh Tbh

I would think low, high handle is more analogous to a dead-lift off 2 inch blocks.

conventional DL is in every way inferior to snatch grip

> better upper back development
>better posterior development
> get better activation at lower weights meaning no dangerous mixed grip

only way conventional is superior is for ego lifting

you can't dispute this

Strong delusion, there is almost no hip hinge at all in a SGDL why do you think we have RLDLs in our programs?

It's almost entirely on setup. You can set up with higher hips to focus more on hip hinge, getting relatively close to a conventional, or keep the hips lower and get a good mix between hip hinge and knee extension, or just sit down and basically do a leg press.

I agree that the conventional is only best for powerlifters, but "mixed grip" isn't really an argument because you're can just use straps.

Check T Nation. Search for trap bar.

Lots of well respected coaches recommend it, although they are also shilling their own version.

Tl;dr is that it is easier to train with less lack of injury making it a better choice for people who don't do PL.

They are also way better for higher rep ranges. Obviously you can do both since conventional has some advantages too.

everyone i've seen belittle trap bar is a gigantic pussy. many of the strongest dudes alive use them including strongman competitors to train car deadlifts. only a validation seeking pussy thinks less of them.
>look at me i use a barbell made for idiots n-notice me senpai
just kys already

>bumping a thread nearly 90 minutes after it began to slide into the archives

HIGHLY triggered and vain little bitch detected. it's cute that you like to role play on the internet like you're an actual man, but you aren't fooling anyone, dough boy.

>how much would deadlifting with a different bar "hurt" my ability to deadlift compared to not deadlifting at all

Wow you are fucking stupid.