Exercises that do nothing

ill start

>shrugs
>kickbacks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-0t_hCzUgvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forearm curls

Evidently sucking dick works because you didn't put that down. Is there something you want to share with the class?

Not op but
>autism

>shrugs
Upper traps. If they are the extent of your trap routine, YNGTMI. Add in some high rows and face pulls.

>kickbacks
It's only working the medial head of the tris, which is small. You have to also work the long head with skullcrushers or french press. Kickbacks are the same thing as tricep pulldowns, but it's harder to cheat kickbacks, so you get less results (tricep pulldowns respond well to a little body-english).

Lat pulldown

SLDL

>lat pulldown
>do nothing

pick one

Bitch my deadlift went up faster because of shrugs

I was doing some shrugs but never get trap DOMS. But I got them from my first 2x5 deadlifts.

That's an awesome exercise, actually. You just have to have good posture and hip flexibility.

This thread is really shit so far. There aren't exercises that do nothing.

>Chin Ups
>Hammer curls
>Romanian deadlift

front raises.

cock deadlifts

hand chop offs

>kickbacks
aren't those good for the core/lower back or something?

Lifting for the white race

these work the shit out of your delts if you combine them with lateral raises and do 4x8s

shrugs do nothing, aight dyel

B&?

>kegels
>reverse kegels

push-ups

Squats

They are useless because the front delts gets worked by pretty much any pushing exercise

I actually get trap doms from doing stiff leg DL, maybe from holding the bar for so long. I feel doms on traps from static holds more than movement, I think.

>squats
>deadlifts

>trap doms
So what you're saying is SLDL helped you get a qt trap to dominate you?

Shrugs are fucking ace if performed correctly.

sure believe what you want.

Forearm curls seem to get a lot of hate here for some reason. I started doing them about 4 weeks ago and my arms became thicc as fuck and finally seeing veins pop out even at high bf%. I can stop poking them.

Besides the vain aspect of it,it actually helped my grip strength a lot! I used to fuck up my DL because it slipped from my hands at my max weight. I didn't get straps - just trained my forearms and went up 10kg before my grip failed again. I'm getting straps now but I'm just saying it's not useless at all.

godawful bait

bench press

Only do squats if you want to be a faggot with a giant ass

do kickbacks with a cable and they work fine

My forearms got super vascular as soon as I started doing wrist curls.

as long as you're working delts period I dont see the problem. They're only useless if they're the only delt exercise you're doing

>shrugs do nothing
troll or candyass. true for kickbacks tho familia

Deadlifts don't dp shit for aesthetics

jelqing

anything women do besides cardio

>shrugs

Rack pull and just power/cheat shrug while you at it. Saves time.

>jelqing
false

I get mind blowing trap doms from shrugs, how heavy do you go?

You just gotta go real heavy. Cheat shrug if you have to (leg drive)
It works. You will get the desired trap doms

>grip strength
this desu, wrist curls are really good if you wanna increase your grip strength

if u mean it can fuck up the benis agreed

Where do you think you are?

this desu, everyone has way larger front delts than any of the other heads, isolating them is almost pointless, and this exercise is not a even a good isolation movement

Kickbacks have one benefit over other tricep movements
They put no pressure on your elbow joint, so you can get more blood circulation while having a fucked up elbow.

Power cleans seemed to give me trap growth too, it's almost like olympians know what they're doing

>mahnigga.ogg
Jelqified Masterrace reportan
EQ is through the roof and da benis is fuckin' juicy

Andrei Aramnau does them religiously

exercises are all shit and do nothing play sports instead nerds

Been lifting for 4 years now and I've tried every lift I know of at least once

They all have had their moments where I've wanted to use them for some reason or another. So its hard to pick any bad ones honestly.

Maybe the leg press was the worst one

I am. I'm a professional gamer.

Damn, you must have horrible deadlift form.

Truth

>shrugs
>improving deadlift

what are traps

Any lower body work besides hill sprints.

kegels

>"chest" flies

You have to pinch and hold the shrug for 1 second per rep. Too often I see retards just shrugging away at breakneck pace and getting no gains.

Explain yourself.

If deadlifts worked for him though, then couldn't he just do the deadlifts instead? Why waste time on an isolation workout when the compound exercise hits it and then some? Maybe if aesthetics were his goal, but I shrug once a week just cause and I've had plenty of women kiss my chest, grab my hips, feel my arms, etc as we fuck -- my point being, a lack of traps won't stop you from being aesthetic to girls.

What the fuck is this picture saying

The idea is that they increase the stretch on your chest compared to other bench work. This simply is not true. The insertion for your chest muscles ends at your upper arm. The extra stretch you are feeling isn't your chest it is your coracobrachialis in your arm. So really it's not that flies do nothing, its that "chest fly" is a complete misnomer.

People figure this out quickly after doing them and realize the pecs don't feel super worked... Or am i giving normies too much credit

hammer curls is not a bicep exercise, but a brachioradialis exercise

no wonder you don't make a lot of biceps gains with that, you fag

b8?

this

Overhead deadlifts and tricep squats

stretching

my lifts have all gone up by 20 lbs this year because of pride in my european heritage and limiting my exposure to jewish tricks, you can fuck right off.

Calf raises

wow, not one BRAAAP comment, good job Veeky Forums

Leg press is kinda whack. Squat press, front, & high bar squats are the best quad exercises hands down. Squat press is great after your core is too fried to continue squatting

We're all on nobrap

>overhead press
>lateral raises

shoulders are 90%+ genetics and gear. working them out natty is useless

300% false

>It's only working the medial head of the tris, which is small. You have to also work the long head with skullcrushers or french press.

While you're correct, your whole tricep is being worked with every tricep exercise. Just like how you can't only target your upper chest. It's physically impossible to get only one head/portion of the muscle to fire.

another benefit is they don't make your shoulder injury feel like trash like overhead extensions do.

lol.
the trick is to get your ohp past 1 pl8 and use dumbells more than 15lbs for side raises

oh yeah, and obviously your bodyfat has to be in the fluffy range of 15-20%.
obviously no natties will have good delts when they're 10 percent or less

They assist with the top of the lock out. youtu.be/-0t_hCzUgvM

>ctrl+f calf
>only one hit
I'm disappointed. It's the only acceptable answer.

Six reps of any exercise do nothing at all.

true

This graph is fucking hilarious. Good meme.

Actually this

So 9 is the magic number huh?

It's even more hilarious the fact that it's not a meme. It has been published in double-blind placebo-controlled study Journal of Strength and Broconditioning in 2016, after a first study published in the Journal of Broscience in 2013.
Actually, go for 8 reps and try to hit 9 or 10, then raise weight.
4x8 = final destination

Whatever the fuck that 40-something mom is doing with the 30 lb ez bar.

Push Ups since it's stuck to your bodyweight if you plan to get anything out of it you might want to add weight to ur backpack

So so wrong

>Read thread
>literally every lift does nothing
>why bother?

Nobody said calf raises? My calves have looked the same for like a year it's depressing tbqh

Calves are probably the most gene based muscle imo, my calf's are fucking huge and i never work them directly

Probably my favorite Veeky Forums image

T U R K I S H GETUPS

four hits now. finally.
calves are 90% genetic 10% endurance training (cycling, climbing, track running)
it always amazes me that so many ppl do calves for years and yet they don't realize this simple fact

How often do you do them per week?