QTDDTOT

1000 calorie deficit for one week okay? Will I lose significant muscle?

I'd be lifting and getting my protein intake. Then I'd return to a smaller deficit after this week.

Pls answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQBSRBgRLVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I increase my time in breathing under water?

From experience, yes, you will lose muscle. Go with 250-500 cal deficit.

Should you be doing anything to have a more visible V-Line outside low bf% ?
I already do 3x week ab wheel and compound lifts

pic related is me, sideways flexing a bit it pops out but frontally relaxing its barely there and I'm getting to auschwitz levels

Nice crucifix, you religious?

No you won't. Your body is going to prioritize burning fat reserves over muscle. You won't gain though.

Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll have to flip a coin kek

get this upgrade

Underrated

thanks, yeh roman catholic

Doing IF right now and my BCAAs haven't come in yet (supposed to be delivered today). How do you guys have the energy to work out completely fasted?

I break my fast after my workout.

I did fasted training for a while and it really sucks. Even with BCAAs.
I've been doing IF for a long time, but I'm now training in the afternoon/evening after I've had something to eat.
Because when you train fasted, you really have to do minimalist training and can't even go heavy.
At least in my case. Maybe you feel totally fine with fasted training, but I simply don't perform if I haven't had a big meal 1-2 hours before training.

I need to optimize my workouts.
I spent over 90 minutes in the gym today and only did 3x5 on squat and bench press each. I was supposed to do Power Cleans afterwards, but I was already fatigued as fuck and failed my first 2 sets of 3 so I just gave up.
Fucking Rippetoe with his "gotta rest enough between sets, son".
I took almost 30 minutes of warmup (general warmup and 5 warmup sets) before I did my first working sets on squats.
Around a minute for each of the three sets. with 7+ minutes of rest in-between. That's almost another half hour just for squats. And then the same for Bench.

I think one reason could be that I'm not eating at a good time. I had a big meal 3 hours before I got to the gym, and only a small snack half an hour before. I should probably move the meal to 1-1,5 hours before lifting. But that sucks because the gym opens at 3 PM and that would mean I'd have to eat at 1.30 or 2 PM. And I'm doing IF, so I haven't eaten since 8PM the day before and am fucking hungry as fuck by noon and really need to get some food in. Also I don't live alone and the others want to eat right around 12 as well.

How do I fix this?

Earlier it was fine, but I'm getting to a point where my lifts are heavy enough that I need the long rest periods, and the longer I rest, the further away I get from having eaten and the more my energy drops.
wat do.

Are lower abs supposed to be this difficult to make show? My upper abs are very visible but my lowers are still hiding.

im cutting, squatting double bodyweight 3x5, also work 6 days per week 7-10hours as barnab on ny feet and im fine with resting 2min per set

warn up sets also barely take 3m

How do you do your warmup sets?
For example today, my working sets were 115kg.
Warmup was
>Bar x8
>60kg x5
>80kg x5
>100kg x5
>110kg x3

You're doing way too many warm ups imo. Stick with the bar and then one middling weight for 1x6 and then clear through your workout.

I forgot the exact % since I calculated it some time ago but I go 1x5 bar
1x3 50%
1x2 70%
1x1 90%

I dont rest, I do the set and immediately add more weight till its done

I would do bar for 10, then 60x8, 80x5, 100x5, working sets

YO guys.

My gf asked me about a training plan. She wants me to do one for her. She's mainly interested in jogging etc.

I know there was a guide floating around here. From nothing to 30min jogging in x weeks. But I can't find it anymore. Somebody has it?

weighted leg raises, also learn how to flex your abs in the way that your "V" isn't totally flexed, it will look bigger

>jogging
get her lifting. If she's only jogging she'll end up one of two ways:
>skinnyfat all around
>skinny except for defined abs and massive calves

i'm cutting

how often can/should I do an intermittent fast?

Depends. If you do 16/8 (which is the "standard" IF schedule), you can do it every day pretty much indefinitely.

Cardio 4 times a week, weightlifting 2 times a week or more.
Couch to 5k is what you're looking for I guess.

She wont be a jogging pro, dude. She just wants to be a bit more active. Either way Im not with her in the next month and she wont go alone to the gym.

don't listen to this summerfag

jogging/running is a great way to lean out

I did cross country for 6 years, 4 of those as a lean highschool twink

if she can't run/jog 30 min non stop just have her pop headphones in and see how long she can go at a good pace

the next day add a minute to that amount
and the next day
and the next day

you get the point
if she's not running to be competitive all she really needs to do is just run

Trying to stop being skinnyfat, do I bulk or cut? Never followed an exercise program before

weighted leg raises? how exactly though

read sticky

fuck that, i was thinking like once a week or something.

it's helpful if i fuck up. Is it dangerous if combined with a 750 deficit?

Started stronglifts, but I can't do rows the way author of the program insists they should be done - putting bar on the floor on each rep. Here is the video:
youtube.com/watch?v=gQBSRBgRLVI

I just can't reach the bar when it on the floor with my hands without bending my knees too much or rounding my back too much.

I am like 5ft8 manlet and pretty sure have kyphosis if this matters.

What do?

I'm doing grad school next year and there's a chance I won't be able to gym because time+transportation(no car and the dorm doesn't have a fuckig gym) I'm female is there something I can do myself to keep up my muscles? Like a regimen of pushups and crunches, idk? I've been going every day this summer and I'll cry if i'm reduced to jogging every day

I found that its all about controlled exhaling, I practice breathing while practicing your kicks.

to make carbonara you use an whole egg and parmesan mix on the spaghetti once its plated(the real italian way)
isnt it bad due to the egg being raw or does it somehow cook?

No you can eat egg raw if it's fresh (there are plenty of indo dishes where dipping sauce is raw egg and peanut butter) but personally it's gross for me and it does have a certain flavor and binding properties but I'm not a fan. You'll be fine but you won't notice a big difference if you leave the egg out

how to properly transiton from a cut to lean bulk?
do maintenance for 2weeks and then start at small surplus?

I want to lean bulk on 300kcals surplus

Why would you need to do a week or two of transitioning?
Just eat at a 300 +

typically the body is supposed to adjust. After coming off a long cut you should eat at maintenance for 2 weeks.

Google reverse dieting

how do i peel boiled eggs more easily?

Is there a 4 day UL template with 3 upper body days? I'm currently running candito's UL, so could I just do 1 lower day, alternating strength and hypertrophy, and 3 upper body days(2x hypertrophy)?

I'm nearing t-rex mode which I want to avoid.

I'm now workng nights 5 times a week and wake up for dinner the day after, I have no time for lifting. Can I roll back to training once a week?

Its not that hard

it always peels of pieces of the egg when i try to peel the shell off, im losing like 10% of the egg

>failed my first 2 sets of 3
you're doing 3 sets of 5, right? Not 5 sets of 3...

I keep hearing how you shouldn't count exercise in your calorie deficit and you should just eat at your sedentary TDEE.

I cycle for about 1 hr to 1.5 hrs going an average between 15 - 18 mph per ride. Should I count the calories from that ride and eat extra? I am already eating at a deficit of -700 on my non-cycling days, I don't want to make that deficit too large.

practice with babbyweight & stretch until you can do it

>Can I roll back to training once a week?
That would probably be more "exercising" than training; don't expect gains, but you may be able to maintain some.

How long it takes to drop 70lbs? I am obese now, 255lbs and 6'3" height.

What muscles should I stretch?

Doctors of Veeky Forums,
When I pee, I can't get it out in one go. I piss 90% of it. And the remaining won't come out, or comes out later and sometimes I have to strain myself really hard to get it out. Any ideas what might be wrong?

im currently in a work break
isnt it just gradually increase your kcals till the goal?
lets say im consuming 1700 and want to eat 2300 for a slow bulk (2000 being maintenance), ive been on the 1700kcals for long time so I just increase like 100kcals per week till i hit 2300
this is it?

lean for the first time of my life and I love being so shredded but now I want to pack muscle and im afraid of losing everything, muh aeathetics

Prostate problemo. Cut back on caffeine and try kegels.

What happens if I feed my cats a protein shake everyday for the next month?

bladder volume retention is typically due to enlargement of prostate gland. Most notably Benign prostate hyperplasia.

Not a big deal, but eventually it will get bigger, get more complications as you age on. Then when it gets too big you are going to do a procedure called "TURP" which inserts a metal scraping rod through your urethra a d scrape out prostate tissue to 'open' up the urine flow.

I don't drink coffee. Age 22. Does this change anything? I thought I was young for benign prostate problems

I HAVE PLATEAUED
Can't get past 5x5 47.5kg benchpress and I'm mad because that's not even heavy
Just finished my third session without progress. I failed on the 3rd and 5th set, only doing 4 reps. Before that I failed on the 5th set.

What's wrong? I was barely getting started.

What happens if I do starting strength 6 times a week?

you wont do starting strength

Yeah, but could you do it? Or would it be completely retarted?

Can anyone explain BCAAs to me? Amino acids are found in protein that I eat, why would I drink something with BCAAs specifically? And do I count them into my protein macros for the day?

Is this a good routine for someone who is just starting out. ? I made this myself just for my upper body and would like some feedback on it

BCAA is an anagram of SCAM

Didn't get the whole thing in the screenshot here's all of it

[ ] BARBELL (26 kg)
[ ] 5x8 Bench press
[ ] 5x5 Deadlift
[ ] 5x5 Bicep curl
[ ] 3x5 shoulder press
[ ] 5x5 Bent over rows
[ ] 5x5 Upright rows
[ ] DUMBELL (7 kg)
[ ] 5x10 Bicep curls
[ ] 5x8 Lateral raises
[ ] 5x5 Tricep extensions
[ ] 5x10 Dumbell pullovers
[ ] 2x10 Shoulder press

You dont need that shit, unless you absolutely want to follow IF to the tiniest detail

There is so much wrong with that routine......

*Underwater

Should I take 1 multivit a day or 2?
(Alphamen myprotein ones) I know there's speculation as to whether or not they do anything at all but I'd rather be safe than sorry

Does using knee wraps cause knee pain? I've been using them almost every squat workout after I'm done warming up. But lately my knees have been starting to hurt.

My squat form is fine and I always hit depth. But not too sure why the sudden pain. Is my Vastus Medialis weak from using wraps too often? Can that cause pain?

I use the stronglifts 5x5 app, it only lists 3 workouts for A and B, (squat, bench, row) and (squat, ohp, deadlift). Am I good to add barbell curls 3x8 to the end of each session? I'm also doing weighed dips instead of bench press, should I be doing the same rep scheme and progressing in weight the same way?

How does mcgregor train his chest? And train in general?

Does anyone else shit a lot while bulking? I'm just concerned that my body is not absorbing all the protein and nutrients I want it too.

Any suggestions on changing it or do you have any routines that would be better?

I recently started going to the gym. I work nightshifts and i was wondering if its better for me to workout before work or right after work (and before i go to bed). My usual workday consists of 6 hours of sitting down and 2 hours of light activity (walking around, lots of stairs and lifting 20 kilo bags).
Personally i feel like i have more energy after work than before

does donating blood affect gains

Lightly tap all over the egg with back of a teaspoon then run it under cold water while peeling to make it slide off

upper abs are used in more exercises so they are usually overdeveloped. use a captains chair for lower.
there is no need to deadlift it off the ground for rows. just set the squat rack handles to about your arm length when standing.
most unis have a shuttle program to their gym. check that first, if not get a bike? if still not look up scoopys dumbbell only program and buy two basic dumbbells.
eating raw eggs or raw meat isnt an 100% chance of disease, its just higher than usual. plenty of meals use raw ingredients and its fine. plus i think the only think you shouldnt eat raw is chicken (or any bird).
drop to 3x5.
not a big deal to do anything everyday. provided you rest enough and eat.
its for help in cutting and for getting enough protein in a day.
try both for 2 weeks and see which one you enjoy more.
for the day, max two days. your body uses blood to pump and fuel muscles with nutrients so yea until your body catches up you will be weaken.

Do you stretch or warm up before running?

why some days i wake up with a nice chest and some days its really shitty and small?

dont stretch when you arent warm

You can eat eggs raw, only if they're fresh. Be careful with the egg shells. Salmonella is endemic to most poultry. Crack and drop the whole egg into something: drink or food.
My grandfather use it eat raw eggs and stout for breakfast in mornings, often. We lived on a farm.

This.

I used to just crack open 2 and gulp them down every morning. Always felt healthier. Probably placebo but eh.

how do i get huge pectorals so i can look good at the beach. bench seems like a slow way to get peccies

i have this too at age 23. is this cause we did no fap!? i only jerk like once a week and the studies say you need 21 cums a month to jeep your prostate safe. fuuuck i should have cummed!!!!

*Understood

what should i eat to bring it home

Is my summer over brahs? Went to boot camp for 2 months and lost all my gains and got a fucked up farmers tan. Should I just keep my shirt on the rest of the summer and start bulking? I got a few mires today when I was running, but I just don't feel good about myself right now. Hold me brahs.

probably. its most likely too late to do anything meaningful with your bod this summer, especially if you already lost your gains. start bulking now and next summer u'll be swimmin

>2017 not being pagan

Is a 2km walk warm up enough to stretch?

8 or 9 cans of tuna.

250 vs 500 cal surplus as newbie?

Is 500 too greedy with expectations of hoping to hit that 2lb/muscle per month window and just setting up a severely elongated cut?

Is 250 too low/reserved and understating potential gains?

How actually realistic is it for 5'11 145 to hit 2lb muscle/month?

500 extra every day is 3500 every week which afaik is roughly what you need for a pound of fat. I know for gaining muscle its a bit slower but youre getting enough calories to be gaining 4 lbs a month so i think you could easily be gaining 2 lb a month.

Will drinking 3-4 of these a week affect testosterone or estrogen levels? How about 1-2?

Looking to save some time in the morning by not having to pack lunch for uni, and trying not to resort to shitty fast food.

Managed to cop a pack of the original and nectar off amazon on prime sale, seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on Soy. Ive read some forum threads of people tracking their T levels for years and finding no negative effects (perhaps Soylent shills?).

Despite that, theres many contradicting studies, and people always bring up how asians are prime consumers of soy and have no issues with it, yet theyre hairless and the most effeminate of all men.

Really dont know what to think. Anyone mess with this shit?

My current stats are:

OHP 105 for reps
Bench 185 for reps
Squat 215 for reps
Deadlift 225 for reps

My goal is to be able to to 1/2/3/4 for reps. Is PPL twice a week the best program for getting there the fastest?

is PPLxULx an okay routine after doing SL5x5 and getting sick of it?

specifics are:

>Push:
BB bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline BB bench 3x5
DB lat raises 3x10-12
rope pushdown 3x10-12
overhead DB extension 3x10-12
DB shrugs 3x10-12

>Pull:
Deadlift 3x5
BB row 3x5
Lat pulldown 3x8-10
seated row 3x10-12
face pull 3x10-12
bb curl 4x10-12
db curl 3x10-12
chin ups 3x8-10 (deficits if can't get to 10)

>Legs:
BB squat 4x4-6
Leg press 3x10-12
leg xtension 3x10-12
hamstring curl 3x10-12
standing calf raises 5x10-12

>Upper:
bb bench 4x5
incline bench 4x5
face pulls 3x10-12
db curls 3x10-12
bb curl 4x10-12
front db raises 3x10-12
weighted push ups 3x8-10
>might add/change some exercises depending on how I feel on upper days for pump & fluff because I like to look good for the bars on fridays

Lower:
>repeat of leg day

So is that okay? is it shit?

oh also I guess I should add I changed to PPLxULx instead of PPLPPLx because I felt that a 6 days/week was too much because my recovery game isn't that great