Floor press vs bench press

i don't have a bench and don't feel like testing my coffee table with a barbell + my weight lol. so i've been doing floor presses. what is the difference between these two movements, in terms of muscle activation and such?

nice bait

You should hang yourself

isnt a floor press just a push up?

Newfag try lurking before you post

he is baiting (You), who is the Newfag now

You could hang yourself from a rope instead

okay. but like for real. this is serious fitness question...

I'm for real, hang yourself.

why would i hang myself when it feels so good to get fit? :S

Jesus fuck, so much attention seeking in one post yet you know nothing about 'fitness'

I would guess the difference between a floor press would be largely ROM and leg drive

on the floor I don't see how you could get the bar to touch your chest since your elbows can only go as far as the ground

also, if you use leg drive, I don't see how you could do that on the floor either without lifting your butt off the ground which is a no-no

yeah i definitely can't get it to my chest. so there is absolutely less ROM. any idea how that would affect the number of muscles used, or how hard each muscle has to work?

arms are basically last on my list of important areas to work, but i'd like to be doing a full body workout if possible. one of these days i'll buy a bench, but it will be months at least.

you look like the 15 y/o version of my ex wtf

I do floor press, rom is one, the other is you get less muscle elasticity to push up the weight because you stop when your elbows touch the floor, so it's harder with less weight, and you ought to be careful not to press too much from your shoulders. Nice exercise though, enjoy it

since the bottom part of the ROM is removed, I'd have to say your pectorals aren't being worked very much since that range is where they do most of their work.

all you are really hitting is triceps and maybe upper pecs a little.

i'm actually very careful with the floor press, more than most other things. still doing just the bar honestly and kinda scared to add more weight. i've had two surgeries on my right shoulder and that side feels very weird and different when doing presses or any sort. it's like my arm can't quite move in the same natural way anymore. i make sure to keep the bar at nipple line.

yesterday i tried adding an extra 5lbs to the bar and only did that for one set before going back to just the bar because i freaked myself out.

that's super interesting! what other exercises work the pectorals? maybe i should be supplementing with something here to make up for the lack of a bench :)

dips, flys might work on the floor, uneven pushups would also be good

nice cuck rack sweetie

i've never heard of an uneven pushup. thanks though, i'll look into these :)

so glad there are some people here that actually want to talk about fitness lol

uh thank you? it was cheap and it's completely functional for my needs. i'm not super rich or anything sadly :(