Is a true strict one arm push up possible?

is a true strict one arm push up possible?
>legs together
>no hip sagging or twisting of body
>chest touches floor
>lockout at the top

is it physically possible? I've never seen anyone do it even on youtube

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFNpxzwng0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hbYQM1Ss2zY
youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYLywmMb4
youtube.com/watch?v=H3XCxHx_9Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3MpaLfJjg
youtube.com/watch?v=Od43sp9xdHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he doesn't do handless pushups
NGMI

youtube.com/watch?v=bFNpxzwng0Q

youtube.com/watch?v=hbYQM1Ss2zY

Most of the time people keep their legs wider apart than Goku in your picture.

any GOAT routine focused just on making you achieve a one arm push up?

You could do it but Im thinking because of the shift in weight and position needed to balance its not a push up anymore.

one arm pushups and a one arm pullup would be better

Oh look, it's Key or Peele

It's because you can't excert full force since the weight of your body is imbalanced. Even doing knee one arm pushups is incredibly difficult, most of the strain will be on your torso and back.

Your hand would have to be placed right under the middle of your chest in order to keep your balance.

From that position you would need a lot of triceps strength.

not every nigga is the same person dude
youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYLywmMb4

those russian psyops gainz

>>legs together
>>no hip sagging or twisting of body
Not possible.

We had someone doing the calculations before, it's not a matter of strength, it's a matter of torsion and physics, iirc. Literally physically impossible or something.

i think if they there was a large monetary incentive or they included it in the olympics you would have russian and chinese child gymnasts doing them by the end of the year at the latest

explain how it wouldn't just be because of strength to weight ratio? without proof it sounds very sketchy that it's physically impossible.

>explain how it wouldn't just be because of strength to weight ratio? without proof it sounds very sketchy that it's physically impossible.
I don't remember the exact numbers. But just talking from common sense, you're so off balance in that position that you have to twist your body or fall over. It's not a matter of strength, it's a matter of standing on one arm.

I know you're American, but try to think, man.

why would u make it that hard u weakfags ? if u can't do a one arm pushup dyel ?

it make me beyond the reach of the average person but i refuse to believe it's actually physically impossible

many static holds on gymnastics rings that olympic athletes perform are beyond the reach of the average person and extremely difficult so i would bet a large amount of money with dedicated training one of those gymnasts could do strict one arm pushups

youtube.com/watch?v=H3XCxHx_9Wc

>standing on one arm
>physically impossible

youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3MpaLfJjg

this guy isn't even a professional gymnast

You don't understand, that's like saying it is possible to do a perfectly vertical one arm pullup, it's just not possible no matter how strong and light you are due to the way you cannot excert full force due to lack of balance.

>Not possible.
It's possible. You just need to put your hand con the floor under the center of your chest.

But nobody is that strong.

yes you may not be able to exert full force but you can exert force therefore it's a problem of lack of strength to weight ratio, the laws of physics don't prevent it

>it is possible to do a perfectly vertical one arm pullup, it's just not possible no matter how strong
It is posible, if you are hanging from a fixed chin up bar (from rings por something like that it wouldn' be possible).

You would need unreal wrist and torso strength, but it's not physically impossible.

F = m * (g+a)
F = Force
m = mass on one arm, usually around 80% body mass, but go get a scale
g = 9.807 m/s2
a = Δv / Δt = (v1-v0) / (t1-t0) = (d/t - 0 m/s) / (t - 0) = (d/t) / t, if acceleration is linear.
t = time it takes you to do the upwards motion of an OAP
d= distance traveled during OAP
So:
F = m * (9.807 m/s2 + (d/t) / t)
Bonus: calories burned:
E[J] = F * d
E[kcal] = E[J]*0.239
E[kcal] = F * d * 0.239
E[kcal][actually burned] = F * d * 0.239 * 2
E[kcal][actually burned] = m * (9.807 m/s2 + (d/t) / t) * d * 0.478
Unsure why you would care, though.

Wouldn't your torso position require your legs to come off the ground?

He is literally twisted dude. This is exactly what he is talking about.
If he could not twist his body like that he would fall over to the side.

>He is literally twisted dude.

he has his feet off the ground, it's a demonstration you can balance on one arm - that's why i specifically quoted the part of his post about balancing on one arm because that's the part i wanted to talk about

>This is exactly what he is talking about.

it literally isn't because it's not a one arm pushup or a one arm pushup attempt, it's showing that you can balance on one arm - that's why i specifically quoted the part of his post about balancing on one arm because that's the part i wanted to talk about

>If he could not twist his body like that he would fall over to the side.

yes and he has his feet off the floor, in a one arm pushup you don't have your feet off the floor, it's harder if you have your feet off the floor. it was a demonstration that you can balance on one arm - that's why i specifically quoted the part of his post about balancing on one arm because that's the part i wanted to talk about

draw an FBD of a pushup with one arm missing you mongs. It can be done but you need to adjust your position to avoid tipping over

Not if you want to do it perfectly straight, it's not possible with the mass distribution of a healthy human.

It's impossible in the sense that no human has ever or is ever gonna do such a thing no matter what they do.

Even the strongest one arm pullers can't do it straight, it's just not possible, no matter how hard you try you cannot hold your body straight while pulling with one arm.

It's not a lack of strength to weight ratio, even the lightest s trongest arm wrestlers cannot do it, because to get stronger they need to increase muscle size, but doing so also increases bodyweight, you would have to quite literally cripple yourself in order to do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Od43sp9xdHE

it's possible, but all your weight will have to be balanced with your fingers, if you place hand like goku, you will need to have insane strength in your thumbs flexors :3

Could a one-armed man do it?

okay Mr. Autism