Does any of you rock decent legs wihout squats?

Does any of you rock decent legs wihout squats?
Snapped my shit up again doing them yesterday. Funnily all the times I hurt my back squatting or deadlifting are when I put a belt on. Considering doing only sumo deadlift and leg extension for quads, will I end up like pic related?

That guy could have giant quads.

Why not do leg press

>Snapped my shit up again doing them yesterday.
>again
Guarantee your form is shit. Next time start from low weight and learn how to squat correctly

And I can assure you that my form is good, had it reviewed numerous times, previous times when I fucked up my back were because of bad form, but this time I just didn't control my descent and lost tension

I look like this guy. My quads and hamstrings are fucking massive but my calves look like they belong on an anorexic African child. Shit sucks.

>my form is good
>i didnt control my descent

Really makes you think

Do you even do sets of 8+ on squats? Fatigue got me. Plus I probably got lazy because I wore a belt and thus didn't brace correctly, so in that sense you're right, but my form has been really good for about 3 months now

Leave the gym and never go back. You have a shitty attitude and an ego on an anonymous Chinese popcorn site. Get over yourself, and learn proper form. Only then can you go back to the gym.

Or you could trust me in that I'm not completely retarded and that I ACTUALLY got my form reviewed by people who know their shit, instead of getting all butthurt that I dared question your opinion on a tibetan wool trading board, without actually having even seen how I squat, or knowing about my back issues, which I didn't mention previously (my bad), and the reason I'd like to lay off on squats for a while. I squatted heavier weights before that set of 10 that fucked me up, with no problem, and identified where I fucked up. So now, as this is not the subject, I'll ask again if you're willing to give me your opinion: sumo deadlifts + leg extensions for quads, or do you think squats can't be skipped?

>my form was bad but my firm is good

Just stop

If you snap your back just add less weight and focus in learning to do the exercise

It is pretty much what I'm saying, my form is usually good but on this one rep I lost tension, got way lower than I should have been and here we are

That's probably what I'll do, it's just fucking frustrating that I can usually do them with no problem, but as soon as I throw the belt on I hurt myself.

>Getting mad and telling someone else they have an ego because they don't agree with your blind and harsh criticisms

Gtfo dickweed

Just ride a lot with an acceptable bike

Top fitness peeve

"You got injured, must be bad form."

Injuries can happen for myriad reasons. You can have solid form and have been doing a lift for years and still get injured.

OP, obviously you can build big legs from machines alone but it's not ideal and they have their own risks. Leg press puts a lot of stress on the back too, although horizontal leg press is better on this.

I found switching to front squats and trap bar deads helped me avoid injury.

Also, do rest pause on sets. If you're gassed and form might deteroriate rack the bar for 3-10 seconds and then finish a few more reps.

yea have massive legs but im naturally built like a lumberjack even before gyming.
I played a lot of soccer despite being built for football.
There are 10s of exerises that can give you strong legs and glutes. Just that squats are maybe the best bang for your buck and a traditional exercise.
Often leg extensions at heavy weights are a big risk of impingement if you are not perfectly set up ergonomically. Look around how much "fitness coaches" hate them.

Try trap bar deadlift if your back is bad when deadlifting.

Replacing squats: leg press (its not so dangerous if you aren't retarded), goblet squats, kettlebell swing, hip thursts, stair machine (try using it with the power off?), sprints, treadmill with "prowler push" no power, prowler push a weighted sled, tireflip, weighted step ups, farmers carry, lunges, bulgarian split squats, pistol squats

>Blind and harsh
The guy asserted that OP's form must've been off and OP conceded that it was (lost tension, didn't brace, didn't use belt properly). Over exerting yourself and getting sloppy is a one way ticket to snap city no matter what lift you're executing. It isn't peculiar to squats.

My form is good apart from when it wasn't good and I got injured. But I'm not injured because my form isn't good.

can you do trap bar deadlift? I broke my ankle so don't feel comfortable backing up with the squat yet but TBDL has been a solid enough replacement - much more quad activation than straight bar

Unfortunately my gym doesn't have any so can't do them, but they look GOAT, especially since I feel conventional only hit hamstrings and glutes and my quads never get sore from Sumo DLs

Lmao same, im actually gonna start training calves seriously and I'll see if it gets anywhere

you can mitigate the lower back stress from leg press by only going down as far as you can without back rounding, or using single leg variants

stopped squatting after 5 years of doing it religiously, just doing deadlifts one day and sumo deadlift the other day in fairly high volume (and some direct quad work on one day) has kept my legs growing

>never go back
>then can you go back to the gym

Really makes you think

>
do you run?

do lunges. i've hurt my back doing squats but i've had back issues since i was a teen. never hurt myself doing lunges and legs hurt like shit after.