Can you actually fix this shit yourself or do you have to see a chiropractor?

Can you actually fix this shit yourself or do you have to see a chiropractor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIsx1t8TJq4?t=58
ostpt.com/spinal-manipulation-adjustment/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just be conscious of it and make an effort to lean back more.

>visiting a meme doctor
Kek

Fixing it and seeing a chiropractor are mutually exclusive.

I noticed a LOT of improvement by doing the first stretch on this video:
youtu.be/WIsx1t8TJq4?t=58
I've been doing it for a month now, almost every day.

Besides watching posture during the day sleeping with a small rolled up towel under my neck instead of a pillow worked wonders. If you're not sure what I mean in sure there are tutorials on YouTube or something.

this

how people are falling for this meme in the current year is beyond me

OP, do chin tucks

This. I had it for a while when i was about 12-14, noticed it, made an effort to correct it, and it just eventually vanished.

Chiropractors are like supplements. You can't go to them and expect all of the results, but they can help along the way.

Lot of scammer chiropractors though (withholding treatments to try and stretch your visit count, telling you everything under the sun that is wrong with you, etc.) but if you find a good one, they can help.

As for you OP, make sure you are putting most of your weight on your heels when you are standing. Pretend there is a string at the top of your head pulling you directly upwards and adjust your body accordingly. Make sure you are sitting in front of your computer at an upright angle... just be more conscious of your posture in general.

chiropractors are a scam alright. any issue that you think could be "solved" by a chiropractor can be helped by a physio in a more holistic way that encourages self-efficacy. did you know that PT's can do manipulations, same as chiropractors? plus it's guaranteed covered by insurance. chiros are redundant snakeoil.

alright jesus christ people we get it you listened to joe rogan and hopped on the chiropractor hate bandwagon just shut the fuck up already

A chiropractor that knows what he's doing (the guy I go to is probably 70+ years old in Red Deer) definitely helps with the process.. but being conscious about it and continually correcting your posture is what completely fixes it.

The chiropractor helps, it's you who must maintain it.

i'm a PT actually, and i think joe rogan is a dumb cunt. chiros give people strokes with cervical manipulations. PT's don't.

Not arguing that physical therapists aren't more beneficial in the long-term, but as far as the manipulations themselves, no, they aren't the same. The immediate relief I have felt after certain adjustments at the chiropractor have been incomparable to my PT visits.

>t. someone who has been to both a PT and chiropractor more than once

ostpt.com/spinal-manipulation-adjustment/

Will doing regular strenght exercises that strenghen your upper back also help? Or does it now play any role?

>listened to joe rogan
People do this?

>PT shitting on chiropractor
laughing my fucking ass off bro, you got a sheet of stretches I should do?

I second this fella, I had to improve my posture for singing and it took months of catching myself any time I noticed my hips forward. In work, walking around, any time at all. Probably took about 6 months but now people use my posture as a good example

so if we can all agree that physio is more beneficial in the long run, then why are we still seeing chiropractors? delayed gratification is a real sumbitch, i suppose.

cervical extension and stretching your sternocleidomastoids, traps and levator scapulae should be your jumping off point. doesn't hurt to work your shoulder adductors and general back strengthening. make sure that whenever you're doing face pulls or lat pulldowns or whatever the fuck you do, that you also "pinch" your shoulder blades together at the end of the motion. most people are only doing half of any given back exercise because they neglect this part of the movement.

yeah, see above, dickhead. learn to help yourself instead of cucking yourself into a dependent relationship with a quack.

ITT: People who think chiros are anything more than "feel good" people. Have fun twirling magnets around your head to release all of the negative toxins and energy.

don't forget to wear your power bracelets am i right

mobility stretches fixed my shit

> tfw sitting literally like pic related as i type this

that stretch is what my physiotherapist told me to do

Golem get ye gone

when i noticed it i started doing more back extercises and having a better posture, it's working really really well

This is a relief, my nerd neck doesn't seem that bad.

All science is a scam and you can't prove me wrong. All of it. Everything. It's based on nothing but belief.

This is true

Another PT here to shit of chiropractors.
Unless the bone has deformed, yes you can fix it yourself.
I have two clients who have kyphosis, one who has developed a slump due to over developing their muscles through work, pulling the shoulders forward.
Strengthening the muscles of the upper back and shoulders will counter this.
The other is old age/posture, same remedy but with stretching as well.

You don't need a chiropractor or a PT, just research and learn to fix your shit yourself.