Best way to eat cockroaches?

What are some good cockroach recipes? I don't have to buy them because I can hunt them around my house. Are the eggs good to eat too?

Other urls found in this thread:

dubiaroaches.com/pages/dubia-roach-nutrition-facts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never change fit

My favorite roach recipe is Manti

Just eat them alive and raw, they're most nutritious like that. And yes, the eggs are excellent. Try to get pregnant roaches, it's like calamari except you lose your dignity as a human with every crunch.

I'm currently breeding a couple roach colonies right now. I intend to try and eat some at least once.

OP, I microwaved a dead, half rotten roach once in order to sterilize it for preservation, and it made a very strong, sort of savory nutty smell, so I would recommend that you eat them with something that goes will with nuts.
As for cooking and preparing the roaches, you should freeze the roaches to euthanize them, then, once they are dead, you should remove their legs (because their legs can have some pretty wicked spikes), and I would also remove the head and wings as well. After this, you should soak them in lemon juice for maybe an hour to dissolve the waxy cuticle on the exoskeleton. Finally, I would recommend frying or boiling the roaches. Don't gut them because supposedly the chitin in their exoskeletons is sort of like fiber.

>pic related, my Eublaberus "ivory" colony. I already have over 40 nymphs.

Please don't user. I know there are a lot of Turks but eating them is not the answer and is illegal.

what in the fuck

Also, be careful eating wild caught roaches due to pesticides, parasites, etc. I would recommend you breed your own, that way you can give them a high protein diet and gutload them with fruit and shit before tou euthanize them, that way you get a superior taste.

I fucking hate this website

>THIS IS NOT FUCKING REAL

Dis nigga crazy

More proof? I'm getting skeptical ur just fucking with me

No....

Nooooooooo!

>and this is where I keep Turkey

what the fuck

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A TROLL THREAD WHAT THE FUARK

I can post more pics of my cuties if you want. As for citing the cooking and preparation stuff, I haven't tried it yet because I would feel bad eating a baby, and the current adults I have are all old and have too much sentimental value. Most of my information I either got looking up recipes online as well as my own personal theory. Also, most types of large, easy to breed roaches are ovoviviparous, meaning that the females hold the eggs inside of themselves and give live birth later, so eating the eggs is a no no. My eublaberus are super cute and breed well at room temperature.

>pictured: my Lucihormetica verrucosa/warty glowspot roach males. They breed slower and are smaller than the Eublaberus, but they make up for it in cuteness, beauty, and interesting behavior.

You keep that shit. I'll just have my inferiority.

wake me up

include me in the screencap

I didn't think I'd ever write this, but those cockroaches, they really do look cute.

Stop

This is actually really neat

Hi r/Veeky Forums

Really really NEET

In on first page

Thanks, here's a closeup of one of my female eublaberus. She looks kind of pregnant.

I have no desire to eat a turk.

>No other sizes of this image found.

You can't fucking tell if a cockroach is pregnant until it exposes its ootheca.

This is really interesting.

>eww he's eating bugs eww
Get over yourelves you fucking pussies.

This species is ovovivparous so it draws the ooths back into its body. Obviously I can only guess based off it's appearance, because once the females draw the ooths back in, they appear sort of fat and bloated.

>you will never be make a roach farm
>you will never browse Veeky Forums hour after hour, waiting for the day some user posts a thread about eating bugs
>you will never one day you finally see a thread about it
>you will never shine on and finally reveal to the world your power level as every other user freaks the fuck out

Not just roaches. I also breed qt isopods that I also intend to try. They are crustaceans so I hope they taste like shrimp or lobster. For cooking them, i read that you can boil them for about 45 seconds and then they taste really good. Literally free lean protein, chitin and calcium carbonate. I intend to eat them after the first generation dies off, because they are wild caught I dont want any parasites or diseases they might have.

>o_O

I heard that they pop like popcorn when you fry them and they should taste good.

I hope one day you have a roach infestation from a species you weren't even breeding.

jesus christ

What the actual fuck man this was supposed to all be a joke

Today was a good day on the chon.

SIR, you see this shit?

Pls have me in the screencap

What country?

Jesus Christ on his throne

USA. Although my roaches are exotic, they cannot survive outside of their terrariums except in warm humid areas such as Florida. America actually has a lot of amazing cockroaches, such as horsheshoe crab roaches, wood roaches, lots of adorable sand roaches, and hooded wood roaches, which some theorize are the direct evolutionary link between cockroaches and termites.

>but they make up for it in cuteness

Fuck this guy is going to be our Judas and make Starship Troopers a documentary

Is it fucking worth it, bro?

someone contact SIR
This is prime comic material

What the hell man

>this is the kind of person giving fitness advice on this board

Never change Veeky Forums

Put me in the screencap faggots

Neat, I have a lot of naturally occurring roaches in my house, any idea on the macros?

Nobu

Some cockroach species are fascinating desu. Some are really fucking annoying though.

Why am i still here for christ sake

>I happen to be an expert on this topic

dubiaroaches.com/pages/dubia-roach-nutrition-facts
These are not the same species as mine, but these numbers could probably used as a ballpark for all roaches.

put me in the screencap 117

i've never been in a screencap before can i be in this one?

Jesus have mercy on our souls, why the fuck do i visit this board

>this is the guy telling you brosplits don't work and squating is the single most important exercise

brosplits are shit though

You sick beautiful bastard

Never change

I am a extermiator. I highly suggest not eating roaches. Just eat some eggs goddamnit. Unless you are homeless. In that case isnt the library closed? If you really want to find roaches go to any predominantly Hispanic apartment complex

cannibalism is usually frowned on

ah, Veeky Forums. come for the critiques and techniques, stay for the roasties and the roaches.

Best use of this image

i'm sleeping with my desodorant and lighter today thanks to this

i swear to god if i burn down the house i will kill you

Fucking roasted 'em

what do if my roaches declare war on me?

Too many carbs.

Why cant you raise pic related like a good christian you lunatic?
you must be a meme lord if you think that 20 steps process required to make roaches edible is reasonable

I recognize that dog

To my knowledge, mealworms have a higher fat to protein ratio than roaches. Also, roaches are quite easy to breed and euthanize. I bet if you followed my steps and did it in batches you could easily make a lot of food pretty quickly.

LMAOing at all these faggots going "ewww"

Enjoy your weak ass gains

It's just
Fuck man i wasn't ready for this today

zyzz didnt fucking die for this

has anyone archived this shit yet?
Jesus fuck

eat one lad, let us know how it goes

why cant things just be? why do 6 faggots have to say include me in the screencap

Because we can never be allowed to forget what has happened here today
We must live in sin

Jesus did not die for this

Also an exterminator.

The worst roach infestation I've ever seen was in a white trash apartment.

The second worst was Indians.

WTF?

Even in batches getting rid of each leg looks a hassle, plus the lemon to wash it
arent mealworms edible on the get go?

Cant you just raise them as "pets" and stick to eating something else man?

>Breeding pillbugs for food
>Not swallowing them whole
ok

>these are the people we shitpost with on a daily basis

What in the heck user. How many of these would you have to eat to meet your daily protein requirement? Why not eat eggs instead?

You all act disgusted, but none of you have ever known the pleasure of raising adorable nymph roaches through months and months of anticipation, finally seeing them blossom into the gorgeous adults they will become. Nothing can compare to the excitement and joy I felt when I saw my first babies, it was like I was a father watching his children grow up to have families.

>pic related, my most proud moment when I was lucky enough to see one of my nymphs molt into the first adult eublaberus of my colony.

roaches lives matter

The internet was a mistake.