Belts and Straps

If you have to use a belt and/or straps, its too heavy for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Athlete.aspx
strengthshop.co.uk/belts/strengthshop-inferno-13mm-lever-belt.html
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're allowed to wear a belt heavier than 1/2/3/4.

Post this in plg if you really want a reaction

>falling for this

>1/2/3/4
what's that

>being this new
1 pl8 OHP/2 pl8 bench/3 pl8 squat/4 pl8 DL

This is not 1234 kek

hahaha lmao look at this DYEL. What a beta, can't even lift without a belt.

It's an entry level version of 1/2/3/4

>Serious about lifting

Another example of a weak faggot who can't lift without a belt! lol, it's way too heavy for him!

Thinking about getting one because I was in a five car pile up 5 months ago and still have back pain from it
Just wanted to let you know you're a faggot

trolling or baiting this hard in the year of our lord.
I'm not even thinking you could be this stupid

>This is not 1234 kek
>Doesn't say what it actually is

Very low quality bait

Check out this pussy, deadlifting with a belt. Sure he can pull 1015 with it, but I bet if he took it off I could outlift that faggot because he just relies on the belt.

I believe the "real" 1234 is xBody weight - which is fucking increadable strength really.

I'll only shoot for the soft 1234 which is xPlates

In all seriousness though, there is evidence that properly lifting with a belt can actually improve core strength faster than without

2/3/4/5 is another milestone, and that's impossible if it refers to bodyweight.

Anyone who actually achieves an OHP of their own bodyweight, and a deadlift of four times their bodyweight, isn't posting on a Baltic pearl diving forum.

My herniated disc says otherwise.

Yeah I might be wrong.

But 1/2/3/4 BW is doable, albeit for very dedicated individuals

What belts do you senpais use

if you deadlift 4times bodyweight you certainly won't just squat 3times bodyweight, and squatting 3times bodyweight is fucking incredible as is. 4times for deadlift and you're on par with some of the strongest people on the planet.

the thing about 1/2/3/4 for plates is that all of those milestones come around the same time in a person's progression regardless of starting strength and weight. when you make it about bodyweight ratios, shit gets wildly out of sync. there are consistent, lifetime lifters who will never hit 2times bodyweight bench.

clearly that belt is a solid N52 grade neodymium osmium alloy magnet to help pull the weight upwards. Looks like the sneaky bastard even coated his hands with Nd2Fe14B tetragonal crystal powder. At that point he is just standing up and the hardest part of the lift was resisting the magnetic pull before he "lifted" it so the weight wouldn't appear to magically jump upwards when the bar enters the magnetic field of his belt.

Just ordered one of these last weekend:
bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Athlete.aspx

Takes a long time though, I'll be waiting for another month I think.

Thanks for putting some perspective on it.

I've been trying to reach that infamous 1234 plate goal for a while now.

Closest I made it was while I was on strong lifts.
I made 2.5 on the bench and 3 on the squat.
I could 1rm 1 on OHP but imo that doesn't count, I have to be able to rep the weight to say I can do it.
DL I've been stalling due to grip strength mostly I think... I get to about 3+ plates and I can't hold onto it throughout the lift comfortably... Any tips?

my policy for 1/2/3/4 has been reps for the lower 2, maxes for the top. I'm not even one to ask, really - my squat 1RM is 385, dead is 450, bench is 240, and I can hardly rep 195 for 3x5. My OHP only recently hit 135 for 1x5 followed by 125 for 2x5.

grip trouble I can help with though - just add forearm volume wherever you can. Forearm curls, reverse barbell curls, captains of crush grippers, anything like that. since you were on stronglifts whats probably happening is that your forearms are lagging behind a relatively stronger posterior chain, so the key is to up deadlift volume for a little while and drop weight so it's in your hands for longer.

hook grip

Try harder.

I took a break for a while, and now I'm back at it, working my way up the weights again
I've added in pullups/chinups and dips (with the goal of helping both grip str and tri/shoulder str for the pesky OHP stalling). I also put barbell rows back in and fixed my form (I dropped them because I hated them - mostly because of shitty form), so I'm thinking maybe that's why my grip was lagging behind.

I use alternate grip... I tried hook grip and it just felt weird and didn't help - maybe I did it wrong.

Solid advice, will do.

OHP of bodyweight isn't that hard desu, I am a very strong pressing individual though but I can easily rep my bodyweight

Are you short? Not even doing the whole manlet thing, genuinely asking.

I'm 6'3 and 200 lb, so repping my bodyweight is definitely not easy.

so you're like what, 62 lbs?

>MFW I hit 1000lb PL total before my bench broke 2 plates ):

What about wrist straps?
>Not those weird ones that wrap around the bar for deadlifting

I've got a 170lb OHP single at 160lbs 5'9
Bench is 245, Squat 325, Dead 435
Honestly the OHP is the easiest part of getting a 1/2/3/4xBW set of stats since that's the most disproportionate set of stats ever, by the time you hit 4xBW deads you'd be a fucking top level powerlifter with an above average OHP.

what is the weight of one plate?

>85lbs
lmfao

Do you mean wrist wraps? The ones that wrap around your wrist? Because any kind of strap is for deadlifts/snatch.

Wrist wraps are fine, they just prevent pain in the wrist by adding some support. Good for bench, pressing, jerks, etc.

I'm 5'11 which is short hete but okay in the real world, I'm kind of fat too I just have really strong shoulders

20kg/45lbs. 1pl8 is more in imperial than metric.

A single plate is 45lbs...
"1pl8" is 135 pounds including the bar.
"2pl8" is 135+90 and so on

Don't give him (You)s lads.

This faggot starts threads every day looking for them. I've already blown him out, OP doesn't lift he's just here for the attention

keep seeing him pop up using the same reaction image trying to bait, one of the most pathetic people i've ever seen on Veeky Forums for sure

In all my time here I've seen one person more pathetic

What are you gonna do though?

is #1 that trappy-chan autist? i think that has to be my #1

Pls. Trappy was at least helpful

Ask plg who Sean is

forgot all about Sean desu, Alex filled me in on him a while ago

what the fuck are you talking about, it's always been plates

all these results say pl8

>that pic
I think we're already friends

that's pussy talk

Where are the eggs ?

can girls realistically achieve 1/2/3/4 and how long would it take them to get there?

bump

Yes
Differs

1234 isn't really useful when talking about women since almost all women sucks at presses and most have a fucked up squat/deadlift ratio

strengthshop.co.uk/belts/strengthshop-inferno-13mm-lever-belt.html

With the riot steel lever buckle, i didn't cheap out like but fuck it, it'll last me a lifetime and beyond.

Can someone explain to me when should one use belts/wrist wraps?

what's the advanced version ?

>1/2/3/4.
Again with that shitty unbalanced meme metric.
Friendly reminder that a realistic balanced goal for an intermediate lifter weighting 80 kg (176 lbs) is
1/1.75/2.5/3
>symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-

>what is the weight of one plate?
>what's that
>I believe the "real" 1234 is xBody weight
I know, in summer "traffic doesn't increase that much" but FFS we don't get this amount of asinine questions in winter
not even in the QTDDTOT thread

I weigh 85kg and got 1/2/3/4 in one 13 months. Fuck off.

I deadlift 6plate without a belt or straps. At 85kg bw.

I use mixed grip though so I dunno if I'm actually still untrained by real standards.

>I'm a retarded DYEL cosplaying as a slightly asymmetrical T-Rex on a filipino koala figthing forum
Yep, summer

>I deadlift 6plate without a belt or straps. At 85kg bw.
>I use mixed grip though so I dunno if I'm actually still untrained by real standards.
It's amazing how many bodybuilders who compete at a national level post on here. It's also amazing how they seemingly don't know how and if the fit in a "real strength standard"