/sig/ - Self Improvement General

Marble and sculptor edition

How did you improve yourself today, user?

Sticky:
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RSDMaximilian/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw default to living in room
>tfw need social interaction in order to get anywhere in life

How to fix? I can handle myself fine when actually out but getting out is the hard part

just picked up 4 hour workweek. How the fuck has it flown under my radar? its so much more of a self-help book than a finance one

How do I make my voice louder? I have a weak voice. When I try to project my voice it's not loud, just normal.

Do like Demosthenes and practice talking with pebbles in your mouth

meditate

How do I meet people.

I just want friends, like someone to go for a beer with on a friday night and shoot the shit

But I live in a country far from everyone I know

it wont be easy. you have two options.
>reconnect with old friends
or
>find a hobby, then go to hobby meetups for that hobby

Some people like you and I are naturally introverted and this becomes more of a job than a natural life skill.

I live in a dorm on campus so it's not like I'm stuck at home, the thing is just that I'm on good enough speaking terms with most people to get along with everyone but not enough to get invited to any events or really get noticed

>gave wrong address for my patakara coming from Japan, won't get it for several weeks now

Guess I'll just keep mewing.

Someone in one of these threads recommended castor oil to make your eyebrows fuller. Anyone got experience with this? Been putting it on my brows for 5 days now.

Tim Ferris is the bomb, I love his podcast

No way castor oil can be healthy, user

>vegetable oil
>unhealthy

polyunsaturated fats have many double bonds whih are easily oxidized, leading to free radicals and inflammation, and also tend to have high levels of omega6 fatty acids which are bad

I have not seen this thread before. I should check Veeky Forums more often. This is my jam.

I am starting language classes next week for learning a new language.
Also just joined a reputable MMA gym so that I have some cardio to go with my lifting.

>find a hobby, then go to hobby meetups for that hobby

This should be copypasted into the OP of every /sig/ thread. Getting hobbies is in the sticky, but that's not good enough.

My daily routine

Wake up 7am

Gym 7:30-9:30

Work 11:00-7:00

Home: Play piano, learn to make music

sleep:11:00pm

Also I want to start learning a language too

Hopefully I will reduce my hours at work soon, and maybe work from home a bit more.

It's tough but I think i can do it

What sort of hobbies are there for non-athletic people?

If a girl jokingly picks on you, does that mean she likes you? Does it mean anything?

Better yet, can somebody just explain flirting to me, ie when it's acceptable, when it's being done to you, how to do it, etc?

it could mean it, it could not, like girls are crazy

with flirting, if with a group of people just playfully tease and be nice to all girls, if one on one then you can flirt a bit more

Nothing makes a girl like you more than the idea you like her friends more than her

Been steadily losing weight for the past week since I started. Combining calorie counting on MFP with IF and it feels great since I used to skip breakfast anyway.
Not a huge fatty, but started at 140lbs and am down to 136.5lbs. Female at 5'3" and my goal is 115lbs since that's what I was healthily in high school

girl

wat r u doin here

wat r u improving?

ps you're beautiful inside and out

Any practical guides to improving your sexuality?

I love IF because I do not want to waste money buying food when I am at work/uni and I don't want to carry food in my bag all day and eat things that have been sitting in a warm bag for 5 hours.

Sexuality? Do you mean like performance? Kegels are good for both genders.

>non-athletic
>on Veeky Forums

First of all, what the fuck?

First and a half of all, consider joining a light activity group like day hikers, mall walkers, urban cyclists, frisbee golfers or a yoga class.

Second of all, there's musical instruments, crafting(there are so many kinds of crafting, it's insane), board games, wine tasting, Toastmasters, community gardening, fishing, geocaching, rock collecting, book clubs, come on, man, just pick a thing you like and do it with other people.

Could go either way, but you should go along with it and pick on her too, it builds rapport and could lead to a better friendship or even a relationship

Just wanted to regain control of an aspect of my life, and build discipline. I really let go in the last 6 years and realised my esteem was very low because I knew I lost control, so taking responsibility again

>relationship

uhhh lol, silly girl

Or a fuck, up to you hah

>>>rsd

seriously it's not just a meme - if you look into it deep enough you'll get the nuances of it beyond what normalfags or guys on here who only dabbled in it won't get. I literally had no concept of how attractiveness works or how to flirt or social cues from girls or anything and now I'm considered good with girls by my friends

What calendars do you guys use?

I have been using google calendar but it annoys me with some of its missing features.
>no way to add travel times unless you manually add a "travel" event
>when adding ics calendar subscriptions you cannot selectively hide/filter irrelevant events
>no easy way to number weeks (seriously, why is there no option to create an event with a name followed by the instance of said event, then I could just name the event week and it would automatically populate as week 1, week 2, week 3, etc)

How do you stop fearing death which will come in 60 years or so and learn to enjoy the present for what it is? I'm just way too caught up with the fear of wasting my youth that I don't enjoy it and it's destroying my mental happiness

>this guy doesn't plan to live forever
Just be as healthy as you can and hope you live long enough healthy enough that you can take advantage of future anti-aging treatments until the point that you can become immortal.

And if you end up dying at some point along the way then who gives a fuck, you will be dead so you wont care.

Started exercising, meditating, listening to Jordan Peterson and trying to sort myself out, mewing/facial exercises and using ultimeyes for sick vision.

Gonna add dual-n-back for better WM/IQ, dancing (club dancing), do a social anxiety course (don't think I have it, but can always improve) and learn how to study hardcore for hours.

To add long-term: Martial arts, parkour and learning Spanish (already bilingual, want to be at least trilingual).

What courses do you recommend from RSD?

hi /sig/. I have a new gym oneitis, just want to share because usually my autism would prevent me from talking to her but she was just too pretty to ignore

>really cute girl who looks like Natalie Dormer at my gym starts working out in front of me, she keeps moving to machines near me so I think she might dig me
>make up some bullshit advice for the machine she's using to start a conversation with her
>we chat for a bit, I forgot to ask for her number because I was too anxious but she was like "my name's laura by the way" and in my autism I said "Like Laura Croft?" and she giggled

I hope I see her again /sig/. I don't think I'll ever look into the PUA stuff on the internet because I might be naive but shit like "negging" makes me want to vomit and I would never want to play mental tricks on someone I'm in love with. But any advice on being myself would be appreciated.

>I would never want to play mental tricks on someone I'm in love with
HOL THE FUCK UP
Now don't go head over fucking heels immediately. Play it cool.

>tfw thought this image is a meme
>been changing my habits, way of thinking so much last year, I realized it's true

I guess you need to change old system once you realize it only gives you security, but not what you crave for

play it cool faggot

your still a sperg at heart

look just b urself

I assume you know the local language... so either just go out as normal. Or study like mad the local language. Talk to hired guns up at the bar - bartender, etc.. as ice breaker.. then just like anywhere else. Hope you didnt swallow the meme that international travel is going to instafix your social awkwardness? Im easily a couple 1000 miles from too.

Went to the park did barstarzz stuff in 106 degree weather and didnt die.

About to study mandarin for a hour or two.

Throw out stuff I no longer use / need takes up space - going minimalist because I am leaving to go back to USA and cant bring all this shit with me.
Studying some business books.
Finish with a podcast or artofmanliness.com
got a BJ in the morning so I dont need to spend the day jacking off... which is a win.

>tfw are close friends with at least 10 girls
>tfw go out with them for a lot of stuff
>tfw have explicitly been friendzoned by all of them

wut do lads?

I don't, I should study I guess

I didn't swallow any memes, I just wanted to do something with my life I guess

>podcast
What podcasts my man?

Find a girl to date, you're not gonna date either of those.

this tbqh, I used to laugh at that pick up scene until I found RSDMax, not a shill, don't buy his stuff

he takes it away from pick up and looks more at making you an 'alpha male' naturally, his program 'The Natural' literally changed my life, you can find torrents for it online

Is there a not-torrent for his stuff anywhere? I'd honestly really like to have a look at it but uni wifi doesn't allow for torrents

well you can buy it if you want but it's about $200 I think

here's his yt channel, I know there's a lot of 'pick-up' stuff but what he teaches is natural attractiveness, not just saying the right things

youtube.com/user/RSDMaximilian/videos

>'The Natural' literally changed my life
word, same here... that whole thing about voice - seeking approval, neutral, aggressive, and normal/chill... fucking brilliant.
HAVE NO FEAR... the claw is HEEEEERE!!!

when I have a stable job I'm definitely going to donate some money to him, he deserves it

debating turning my little nephew on to this stuff... he's 16 now.. I dunno, maybe let him fuck up a dozen times first.
on topic: cleaned out my social media shit today, deleted instagram and twatter.. fuck that bullshit.

failure is part of it, once you realise that nothing bad will happen if you fail it helps you be more confident, at least in my experience

I think it's good to have an instagram, but twitter can fuck off - binned that long ago

Facebook is ok for events and keeping in touch with a few people, instagram is retarded superficial bullshit. Never even seen the point of twitter

What about the blueprint vs the natural?

where do you find these groups, i've looked at meetup:

>consider joining a light activity group like day hikers, mall walkers, Toastmasters
filled with much older people than me. I'd prefer to make friends with people in my age group

>urban cyclists, frisbee golfers, geocaching, crafting(there are so many kinds of crafting, it's insane), book clubs, community gardening, fishing, rock collecting,
not really active in my area

>or a yoga class.
do i talk to people (girls) here, won't they think i'm there just to hit on them

>musical instruments,
how can this be a meetup? i don't play any, would i join a group and show them how bad i am at an instrument i'm learning? same with language learning meetups or programming meetups

>board games
only one with some people close to my age

Death can come anytime, prepare for it.

>do i talk to girls here, won't they think i'm there just to hit on them
You are talking to whoever the fuck you like, whenever the fuck you like.
This is being Alpha, being attractiv. Dont Focus o success, Focus on what you want and do it. Success will come if you do what you want and feel.

>I don't think I'll ever look into the PUA stuff on the internet because I might be naive but shit like "negging" makes me want to vomit and I would never want to play mental tricks on someone I'm in love with. But any advice on being myself would be appreciated.

Be your self faggot, you are certainly not going to make it.
To make it, you must be attractiv, to be attractiv you must be natural an Alpha, if you are not an Alpha (and believe me you are Not) and want to be one, you must atleast start acting like one... but here is the Problem you just dont want to act like an Alpha...
There is no salvation to those who dont want to Change something, there is no salvation who those who fear.

Fuck i feel like im falling for a bait... if you are real, i hope you luck, but dont expect too much.

Be your self faggot.

Any tips how to do the wim hof breathing technique?
I simply cant get myself to breathe out less than I breathe in.

How do I stop focusing on differences?
I feel as though I have great difficulty making friends because I push them away with these thoughts that they couldn't possibly understand me and wouldn't enjoy the things that I do.

The most useful advice I have gained from studying the PUA community is not even specific to picking up girls; it is to be direct with people about your intentions and desires and to ultimately OWN your actions.

Alphas are known to take responsibility for their actions, but in order to take responsibility for your actions you have to be in control of your actions first and make conscious decisions. I was the alpha-beta guy for a while, I was handsome, made good money, and had a good sense of style. I could start a conversation with anyone but even when I knew girls were interested in me, I would try to separate myself from seeming too interested, which ended up with me appearing not interested at all.

I knew this was a problem but I didn't change until this happened...

I met a girl at through some mutual friends. She was my literal 10/10. A beautiful Italian girl with long curly hair, a thick curvy body, who had a pretty decent job for a 19 year old and was also going to college full-time, supporting herself through it all. She had recently broke up with her on/off boyfriend because he cheated on her. After I first met her one of our mutual friends texted me and said that she won't stop talking about me.

I get her number, we go out and get some sushi and go for a stroll. Great conversation, great night. We get back to her car and she picks a flower off of a bush and gives it to me. I hug her, even though I can tell she wants me to kiss her. I tell her we'll hang out again soon. We leave, she texts me later that night, "Are you home safe? Sleep tight *kiss emoji*" - and I don't reply. The next day she texts me and I don't reply. I don't want to seem too eager, right?

4 days later I text her back and ask her if she wants to grab a drink. She says yes, sends me her address to pick her up, and we go out. We have a drink or 2, run into some of my friends, then some of her friends, and eventually decide to head out.

(follow up post coming)

can't comment on the blueprint, haven't used it

We get back to her house and smoke a joint, turn on a movie and eventually fuck. We have sex in her bed, take a shower and she gives me a blowjob, then have sex again after the shower. It's pure bliss to me, my dream girl totally giving herself to me.

The next morning I wake up and she made some pancakes and coffee for me. I eat, thank her, we make out and touch each other for a bit before I leave to go to work.

We see each other couple days, going on dates but mostly going to each others apartments and banging it out. All is well as far as I'm concerned. She keeps trying to move us forward to being a "couple", pushes for me to meet her family, pushes to meet my family. I'm turned on by it, she wants to be in my life.

Well after about 2 months I show up to her apartment and she's crying. I ask what's up and she tells me that I'm going to leave her if she says it. I assure her that it's all good.

Turns out that after our first "date night" getting sushi, the one where I didn't make a move, and then ghosted on her? Yeah turns out she slept with her ex after that happened. She explains that she assumed I wasn't interested in her because I didn't make a move and because I didn't reply to any of her texts afterwards.

I felt like I got cucked.

I tried to play it cool but it honestly ate away at me. I had insecurities before and this made me feel pretty bad about myself. Eventually I broke up with her, despite her being absolutely crazy about me, I just couldn't do it. She stalked me for MONTHS afterwards. We still fucked intermittently, but I did my best to treat her as a piece of ass instead of somebody to commit to.

The lesson is this: If you like a girl, make it clear. Don't fear rejection. Make the first move. Be decisive, be the guy that takes responsibility for his life because he knows that he is also in control of his actions and can do *literally* anything, at any time.

Hope your Story went good,
i always advice, if you want to kiss her do it!
I always try to kiss a Girl on the first date, not because someone tells me i should, but cause i want and feel too.

>The most useful advice I have gained from studying the PUA community is not even specific to picking up girls; it is to be direct with people about your intentions and desires and to ultimately OWN your actions.

this tbqh, I managed to negotiate an £8k increase in my salary just by realising my worth and taking direct action

it's why RSD is RSD - Real Social Dynamics - once you learn the dynamics of social interactions you can use it to your advantage

People will respect you for making the attempt. People will respect you when you make your desires known and boldly take action to make your desires reality.

Get used to being bold in real life, in your every day actions. Spread your legs wide when you sit down, walk in the middle of the isle at the grocery store, take up space, speak louder, walk around without a shirt when possible, change in the locker room and let your balls hang out for as long as you like - don't be the timid loser who turns around in the corner to put on his boxers.

GOOD LUCK FRIENDS

... I can't stand people like you, you fucking idiot. PUAs are incredibly pathetic living memes. You have no one to blame but yourself, and instead of owning your mistake and talking it out, you dump her.

I hope you're single and suffer loneliness for the rest of your days, prick. And yes, I am triggered.

I improved my reaction time from 300 to 250 on average over the last 2 days.
still feels slow as fuck and I know I can do better

yeah this, if you live long enough it will be even possbile to reverse aging.

The entire story is about ou're dumb dude, twning my mistake and about not making the same mistake ever again.

I did dump her, and I did it because I felt uncomfortable in the relationship. I felt like she "got one over on me". Why would I stick around when being with her makes me feel insecure? I took action to change my life for the better. That relationship taught me a LOT about life and love. I'm very happy it happened, but I made the right choice by leaving.

>excuses, excuses, excuses

Interesting that you didn't invent an excuse for not just playing a real sport, while you were at it.

>I'd prefer to make friends with people in my age group
>do i talk to people (girls) here, won't they think i'm there just to hit on them
>would i join a group and show them how bad i am at an instrument i'm learning? same with language learning meetups or programming meetups

You're narrow-minded and scared of humiliation. Talking to new kinds of people and risking your ego around them will expand your world and make you a stronger person.

She fucked her ex when you two weren't even together or banging yet and you're so insecure you dumped her over it? Lmao what a loser. You're never going to be happy, you're just going to keep finding excuses to sabotage your relationships over inane bullshit.

You know what m8, I apologise. It was harsh and pretty disrespectful. Just a friend of mine invested in the whole PUA thing and it ruined him. He was insecure and a bit socially awkward, but once he went into that crap, no one wanted to be around him, and he was this smug joke.

Respect to you for learning from the mistakes made and investing in growing as a person. I wish you luck in your journey and hope you find happiness in yourself and the right partner that earns your trust and respect.

Again, I apologise for being a prick.

I didn't have any real social recreational activity other than BJJ, and I wanted something non-athletic, so I got into a board game Meetup.

No regrets. Good way to meet a diverse set of people in your city, make friends and have fun with others instead of sitting in your room playing Vidya.

>I can't stand people who are assertive

t. Beta

... How was he assertive? They weren't a couple, he played hard to get. She went and got fucked elsewhere.

Fuck off teen.

How do you categorize your goals?

I have

>Money
>Body/Health
>Social

Sounds interesting, what are you using to improve/test it?

I ate breakfast today and went to the gym this morning
But I also stayed up all night so

It made me feel bad about myself, but not cause I tried to pin her as a slut or anything like that. It made me feel bad because I was too chicken shit to make a move. I broke up with her because I wanted to test myself in more experiences so that I could prove to myself that I was no longer that guy that's too afraid to take control.

I was a loser for sure! No disputing that. I'm very happy now. I'm very comfortable in my own skin.

What is a better time management system 50 min and 10 min break, or two hours and a one hour break. I'm studying for the CPA exam and I have to study for about 8 hours a day to be on track.

I compartmentalize my life into a few main categories

>Aesthetics
This includes hygiene and grooming, fashion, fitness/body, and my "lifestyle" image

>Finance
My job, my investments, my savings. Personal things that help me feel financially secure.

>Relationships
This is my family, my friends, my wife and daughter, my social skills, etc

>Health
I like cooking new dishes, learning about nutrition, meditation and relaxation, medicine, going out to restaurants

>Hobbies
Photography and filmmaking, cars, boats, various other things

These overlap, working out is a hobby but also aesthetics, my finances sometimes dictate my hobbies, my relationships integrate with my health, etc.

when a hot woman is giving you a lot of sex like that it's because she just fucked an alpha and now her hormones are pushing her to seduce a suitable beta cuck provider

lmao don't cry brother

Rock climbing gym. It's something you pretty much have to do with other people and they're typically gonna make you take an intro class with other new people. You don't have to be super athletic either. The nature of the activity will make you make friends. Just one example.

>she was like "my name's laura by the way" and in my autism I said "Like Laura Croft?"

kek'd hard

Don't close doors in your house, move stuff that's ordinarily in your room across your apartment/house. Get used to having to do work for things. Start cooking, get out of the house to go to the grocery store. Get used to being around other people. Find things you enjoy doing that require being outside of the house. Start doing those things. Get used to talking to other people. Practice eye contact. Get used to looking people in the eye without feeling awkward or overly personal. Find a church if you're religious, a Quaker meeting house or a meditation center for Zen Buddhism if you're not. Meet up with the people there and get to know them. Eye contact, focus on the face, get to know them. Speak normally. Don't try to mimic people, just ask them simple questions and when they want to talk, just listen. People enjoy being around listeners more than people who can talk a lot.

>got a job
>moved out from parents house

Im trying to live a minimalistic lifestyle but I feel empty. I've ditched my tv, computer and tablet. In my spare time I read books from the library, go to the gym, cook and yadda yadda. Not much else going on. I just dont feel happy. Anyone got ideas? Sometime i just feel like buying a new gamingstation so I can play games with my brother and cousin.. But at the same time I know that will make my progress in the real life stop.

I'm currently drowning myself in stoic philosophy like Epictetus etc. It helps life be more bearable. Also I've resumed learning German and started smalltalking with people at work (I'm a postman)

Videogames can add value to your life as long as you do it in moderation.
Persona 5 teaches you how to live a rich life, and its designed to be played over short periods.

Teach him and take him to a fair or carnival. You got to guide them but you got to let them experience failing. Encourage them to see how many rejections he can get. Its mostly a technique to get the shyness away. Taught my little cousin, so proud of him.

Raised the monitors on my desk at work because I realized I was craning my neck to see them. I am trying to be more aware of my posture in general.

>"my name's laura by the way" and in my autism I said "Like Laura Croft?" and she giggled
really not that bad, you seem like an ok person. the more you fret about it, the more anxious you'll be on the next encounter, the more awkward it will be.
if your autism made that comment, youll be fine. just dont put too much thought in to it

Alright brehs, I am looking to do some shrimp here in the not so distant future. I am looking to get some extreme sorting out of this.

Any advice or experiences with psychedelics?

Passed driving test the other day. Feels good

when the fuck is this shit going to happen to me

when u learn to be urself :^)

What if I want to pursue my goals but don't want to be a cunt who thinks others shouldn't be able to go through an aisle?

I have an Xbone for the sole reason of staying connected to uni/highschool friends, I play a few games each weekend to catch up.
The bantz are fun and I can still fuck their shit up even though I can only afford max 3 nights of playing, and not for too long.

Don't get the blueprint, its bloated and a little outdated

>thinking a girl who went on one date with you owes you her exclusivity
>breaking up with her months later because of it

I really am being genuine when I say you sound like a mentally handicapped faggot

What are hobbies/activities that bring a lot of benefits?

lifting has countless benefits
starting a business too

any other ideas? I thought about programming, but at the end I don't even know for what I can use it. I don't want to waste time.