A=c

a=c
b=c
Therefore
a=b
>b-but not my OC god is so cool that he defiles basic logic

No you see, God can't defy logic. Otherwise he could create a square circle. He can't do that according to most theologians.

>arguing semantics
kys

Trinity isnt even in the bible anywhere, how did this silly belief get started let alone become standard?

>what are theologians
>what are text interpretations
Brodestants pls go

>One essence
>Three persons
Different people
Same essence

This poster is a faggot
This poster is a faggot
This poster is a faggot

All three posters share the substance of being faggots, yet each poster is a different person.

Christianity is a polytheistic mystery cult, not a real religion.

It is literally logically wrong and should not get a pass because it itself is a product of the logic of theologians. If logic produces something logically wrong that logic should itself be wrong.

That is not quite correct. Let me fix it for you

Faggot is a concept but god is a being

Thank you

brainlet lies
>There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

Dog is a mammal
Cat is a mammal
Therefore
Cat is Dog

I never understood why it is so impressive and important to Catholics that God -- who created the Heavens and the Earth and the sublime laws of nature -- can wear three hats. It's kind of cute that this is the thing they most want people to know about Him, that He multitasks and takes different forms. That a god could do this sort of thing was news to literally no savage on the Earth.

So God is not a unique being, but merely has the quality of being 'godlike'? Then the trinity ARE different beings.

>the second you're wrong you shout semantics
Are you a communist? I promise this is relevant.And if you can make a basic diagram easily describing the phenomenon cogently-then where's the defiling?

The more reasonable interpretation would be three concurrent aspects of one being. Rather than God #1, God #2, God #3, it would be like God the Hand, God the Foot, and God the Mouth. Distinct parts, yet"connected" and of singular body.

So who`s the dick?

Does the Hand know all the Foot does? Is God the Father omniscient?

Modalism is heresy, Patrick.

Yes, God the Father is omniscient, as is God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

God is a state of being, not an entity, the entity is subordinate to godliness.
The same way a king(person) is subordinate to the crown(position)

or a president (Person) is subordinate to the office (position)

It means that the ideal can be realized without letting it be corrupted by the individual.

They are complementary parts of the same God.
Think of it as Mind, Body and Soul

Or like limbs, your hand is not your head or your foot, but it's you

Why do people fail to see that they're three parts of a greater thing?

Based Sanit Patrick

Kek

Why don't we pray to the Holy Spirit like we do to Jesus and the Father
The trinity is not equal

That's not how the trinity or colors work, you blithering imbecile.

What's really neat is in acrophyia there started emerging that there is a secret 4th part of the god-head.

>God is a state of being

So does that mean that being is above God and limits it's power?

>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Why isn't it a quadrinity with the fourth person being the Word?

Oh, Patrick...

it's a venn diagram you stupid shit

The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are separate entities but each intersect as God.

Trinity

John 1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God…..and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
In John 10:30 Jesus said that He and the Father are one.
In John 14:9 He said that anyone who has seen Him has seen the Father.
In Colossians 1:15 Paul wrote that Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.
In Hebrews 1:3 Jesus is called the exact representation of God’s glory
In Hebrews 1:8 God Himself called Jesus God.
God’s Spirit is presumed to be one and the same with God just as your spirit is presumed to be one and the same with you. So if God and Jesus are one and the same, and God and His Spirit are one and the Same, then the three are one.

There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6). Yet there are three persons presented as deity in Scripture: the Father (John 6:27; Colossians 1:3), the Son (John 1:1-3, 14; 8:24; 20:28-29; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:10-12) and the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Samuel 23:2-3; 2 Corinthians 3:18). Lastly, these three are presented as distinct persons (John 8:16-18; Luke 11:1; 3:21-22; Galatians 4:6). Thus from Scripture we learn that although there is one God, there are three distinct persons who are deity. So the Trinity is the biblical position to hold to once one examines what Scripture teaches.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1).
The Hebrew word for God is Elohim. Elohim is a plural noun but it is used here with a singular verb bara. Elohim speaks of the true God and is always used with a singular verb. In some sense God is both singular and plural

God Says Let Us
Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness… (Genesis 1).
The phrase let us again gives the idea of plurality. The word us cannot refer to angels because angels do not create

And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, with his Spirit. This is what the LORD says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go (Isaiah 48). In verse sixteen, God the Son is speaking. He identifies the Father [the Sovereign Lord] and His Spirit as having sent Him. In the next verse, the Son is clearly spoken of as the Lord

Father
Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our ancestors? (Malachi 2)

Son
Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of equity; you love righteousness and hate wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions (Psalm 45)

I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill. I will tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to me, You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in him (Psalm 2)

The Holy Spirit
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD - and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears (Isaiah 11)

Because God revealed himself as a triune being.

Catholicism =/= Christianity.

Christians pray in the Spirit to the Father in the name of the Son.

You are aware the collection of books you are quoting has a talking donkey in it? None of the "citations" you have just come out with remotely answers OP.

Did God speak the universe into existence?

Which is the more difficult task? Speaking the universe into existence, or giving an ass voice to speak its mind?

>None of the "citations" you have just come out with remotely answers OP.

OP is a faggot.

Are you equally prejudiced against talking birds?

What about apes that learn sign language? Hate them too?

pat you heretic God is indivisible and manifestly whole

He's drunk.

>None of the "citations" you have just come out with remotely answers OP.

Father is God
Son is God
Spirit is God
There is one God

To a Flatlander, a six colored cube is nothing more than six separate differently colored squares. That's the best a Flatlander can make of a six colored cube, as it has more dimensions than he can perceive.

And yet as I have more dimensions than a Flatlander, I can tell him that it is not six different colored squares, but one six sided cube that I am showing him. And if he realizes that I can perceive more than he can, he takes my word for it.

God has more dimensions than we do, more dimensions than we can perceive, and if you realize that, you can take His Word for it that He is an eternal supernatural triune spirit being who lives in unapproachable light.

Or you can live and die like an animal.

>Did God speak the universe into existence?
No

>Are you equally prejudiced against talking birds?
I hate to break this news to you but a bird and a donkey are not the same thing. And birds can only mimic human speech, not have a conversation about an angel.

In other words you don't have a remotely rational or logical argument to support the Trinity.

But that verse clearly reveals that the Word is also God.

Jesus wasn't God. He never claimed to be anywhere in the New Testament. He claimed to be the Son of God, which is not remotely the same thing.

So you deny that something created the universe, admit birds can talk, and cannot understand analogies.

It's amazing you can blink and walk at the same time. Lucky for you, one of those is involuntary.

There's a better verse that stands for that proposition, but first:

word of God: the bible

Word of God: Jesus

Revelation 19:13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

you should do a little bit of reading about all the incredibly complex debates among experts in Greek grammar about how best to translate that passage. It's perfectly possible to interpret John 1 in an Arian manner.

Jesus claimed it so many times the Jews finally ordered him to be killed for calling himself God.

Where?

No, no it is not. Nor in a JW manner. Nor in any other manner that denies the deity and eternal existence of Jesus, God the Son, creator of the universe.

At Calvary.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Exodus 3
Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8
"Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

The Jews accused him of saying this, but where does he admit the charges? if you read further you'll see him refusing to give a straight yes or no answer.
Because?
What did he say?

John 10

Renewed Efforts to Stone Jesus
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?”

33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

this is supposed to prove what exactly? anytime someone says "I am" they're claiming divinity?

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
He rebukes that he is equal to God the Father; John 5:18 is the claims of the Jews against Jesus (PBUH)

At trial, obviously.

Matthew 26
And the high priest arose and said to Him, “Do You answer nothing? What is it these men testify against You?” 63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”

64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Son of God=/=God
Not even remotely.

Yes, that's the name of God.

Watch what it does to hundreds of Roman soldiers:

John 18
Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. 6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Directly.

Kind begets kind.

Can you read?

Jesus said "I am the Son of God. God is my Father".

The Jews: "We will kill you for making yourself equal to God."

They're not confused. Why are you?

John 5
He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

1 John 2
1 John 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

You muslims do not have the Son; you think him merely a man, and not God.

You have the devil for a god.

reminder that ancient theologians would write sonic fanfic if they were alive today

reminder that your double digit iq has no place in public

>implying we don't honor Jesus (PBUH)
>ignoring John 14:16
>blasphemously ignoring the indivisibility of God
>making Gabriel another God
lol stay mad brainlet

John 9
"The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged? 9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he."
Is the healed beggar claiming to be God?

Job 1:6
"Now there was a day when the Sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."
How many Jesuses are there?

ooga bppga

>I failed Intro to Philosphy but wanted to post anyway.

You've replaced substance with accident. Read more Aristotle.