Why is leg day so popular? I'm just starting out and I get to mine on tuesday...

Why is leg day so popular? I'm just starting out and I get to mine on tuesday, but I don't understand the appeal and reason why leg day is so popular.

wtf are you talking about?

People hate leg day, but you look stupid if you never do it.

You don't have to do legs ever. Fuck the memers. Squats fucking kill my knees.

>Squats fucking kill my knees.

well that's because you're a weak, emasculated, vain little bitch who fears actual effort so you stick to being a curl chimp bench boy.

>dedicating only ONE day to legs
>doing "bodybuilding" splits PERIOD

Its a meme because so many guys just build upper body to impress and forget about lower; they look like ridiculous cartoons with chicken legs. Its "popular" because everyones reminding everyone to not look unbalanced and stupid

Genuinely love working legs
GOAT imo

No one ever has to do squats at all. They're the biggest fucking meme of all time, along with deadlifts. Fuck off and take your bonald blumpf shit with you.

spoken like a truly dainty little wuss with an emaciated set of twig boy bitch legs. keep denying reality, retard.

What reality? The reality that you got fucking memed by Rippetoe and won't have any knees by the time you're 50?

Squats work more than just legs.
Even if you were against legs that is not enough of a reason to cut out Squats.

Back under the bridge with ye, troll.

That's because you're quarter squatting which doesn't go low enough to involve your hamstrings into the lift, so you have nothing to counter your Quads as they contract except your knees as you grind them.

Also, working legs is not a meme - father had a huge upper body but everyone, my mother, aunt, and even grandmother (his in law) called him chicken legs. My grandmother hadn't seen him in 10+ years but was telling me about how he used to be attractive but had chicken legs.

Doms on legs is very inconvenient
Also it's annoying having to keep checking your squat form
But is a needed evil

I always go below parallel. I actually have good form but no matter what I do I will always get knee pain. Front squats, high bar, low bar doesn't matter. I am just not built for them at all and there are many people like me. The idea that everyone has to do the typical squat, bench, deadlift thing is stupid. Some people just aren't built for certain exercises, like those guys that crack their sternums doing weighted dips.

Do you pause or fly out of the hole?

t. DYEL basement dweller memester

>splits

>I am just not built for them at all and there are many people like me
Squatting is the most natural movement of them all. But you're right, there are many clueless people like you.

Then you're simply not doing it right. Proper, I mean really proper, not what you think is right technique will not involve pain. Unless you're Clarence and injured your knees but keep squatting 800 anyways.
Your sound like someone who doesn't accurately track macros either and said shit like "I'm eating the correct amount but just can't lose/gain weight"

Well I don't pause but I don't divebomb and bounce back up either.

>fullbody once you're past novice

>squatting with a metal bar and hundreds of pounds on your spine is the most natural movement of them all
There is a big difference between an unweighted squat and a barbell squat.

I've gone from 140 lbs to 180lbs in 3 years by tracking my macros.

>the movement of a squat will change if I put a load on my back
>shear forces will be applied to my knees if I put a load on my back
"no". shear forces are unnaturally applied to your knees if you use the leg extension machine, even with half your bodyweight, whereas the squat movement allows you lift at least +1.5 your bodyweight

>There is a big difference between an unweighted squat and a barbell squat.
only if you form sucks.

>waaaaaahhhh stop picking on me, sir waaaahhhhh muh.. muh KNEES

hahahahahahahaha

>the movement of a squat doesn't change if I put a load on my back

wew lad. So you're saying you had perfect form from the get go and never ever had to adjust? You just did what felt most natural and you were good to go?

Normies like leg day because they don't squat so they get to use a bunch of machines that allow them to sit down. Then they can roll their eyes at anyone with a more aesthetic upperbody than them by claiming, "at least I don't skip leg day".

IT'S THE SQUAT RACK

Yes. I always slav squatted. I'm slav squatting on my chair right now.

>splits
I heard splits were a good thing though because it gives your body time to rest in between days and then it also doesn't become used to the workout. Pic related is my current workout

Memes aside, stronger legs and core from squats, front squats, and deadlifts will increase your lean muscle mass exponentially comoared to other lifts. More lean body mass also improves your other lifts.

Veeky Forums likes to be contrarian by claiming to enjoy what most people dislike

>no squats
>no deadlifts
>not even once
You're wasting a lot of time. Never gonna make it. Squats and deadlifts are fundamental not just to reduce blatant physical asymmetries, they both will aid you in all your other lifts. not to mention the fundamental hormonal role of training your bigger muscle groups (gluteus, erector, quads, soleus, hams)
skipping deadlifts and doing rows is incredibly asinine
your workout is not an acceptable split, you're doing the same chest exercises with the same meme reps on consecutive days, then you go full brosplit hitting only once a week shoulders and back with a fuckton of different exercises in a
pure fuckarounditis fashion
the weighted vest run while skipping legs is the last memestraw
pick a decent template, don't attempt to design one yourself ever again

lmao what the fuck is this garbage?

>weight vest run
what a wonderful idea for your joints. Sure it's better for your knees than squats!
leave that to fire-fighter/soldier training, for God's sake (and no, soldier and fire-fighter training is not aimed to preserve joints functionality)

Sorry, I copy/pasted Monday's workout on Tuesday. I fixed it for what I was actually recommended.

Squatting heavy really shocks your nervous system. At first you will hate it - like an out of shape person running. But if you power to through it for a while you start to get good at it and start seeing results. Then you start to get addicted to the pain and end up like me skipping chest day to get that extra leg fix.

still a brosplit (useless as a natty)
still meme rep ranges and way too much volume
still weighted vest run
pick a decent template.

There's no way you're effectively doing squats, front squats, lunges, deadlifts and rdls one after the other at that set/rep range, like what the fuck are you even using just the bar in weight?

You took the compound lift meme way too far

I haven't done them yet, I started on Thursday. My plan was to work my way up to the full workout. On Thursday, I was only able to do the bent over rows, the single arm rows, the lat pulldown, and the hammer curls. I used 40 lbs for the bars and 25 lbs for the dumb bells.

Thx for the tips on the weight vest, I'll switch to biking or just running.

>I'm a total novice
pick a novice routine FFS and trash that 4-days brosplit abortion.

I'll do some further research then. Just curious, but what is wrong with split workouts? Is it an efficiency issue?

this guy is a faggot dont listen to him , if you feel your knees click you probably have either tight calves or tight hips and you need to stretch them to make them more flexible, it solved my knee pain, if not see a physio, you may have bad cartilage.

Brosplit are useless as natty.
Frequency per muscle group should be at least twice.
The rep range is a mess.
Volume per muscle group is way too much.
You clearly don't have any idea about how a training routine should look like but honestly I can't imagine how you ended on such a shitty routine. How you even ended copy-pasting such a shitty thing.
As a natty novice, you should hit each muscle group twice a week, in the 30~40 reps range on a session basis/60~100 reps range on a weekly basis. As a novice, you should go fullbody thrice a week. SS/SL/ICF/GSLP are all suitable routines for your first three months. SL has a fucking app too so you don't have excuses. GSLP spreadsheets are everywhere. SS' book is a MUST and you should read it even if you're not following the SS routine.

>mfw the most insecure little bitch boys with the tiniest little bitch legs are always the most uppity and butt hurt in their damage control

like clockwork lmao. stay angry, squirt.

Leg day is a meme, just after you pass twig mode you are considered fit and aesthetic enough in the eyes of grills/normies. Then it becomes this bodybuilder circlejerk where you constantly try to one up other dudes by growing your legs to unsightly proportions and loudly claiming that you actually enjoy the hc squatz & oatz lifestyle hehe yeah brah. Also forget wearing any /fa pants.

>rucking
bye-bye, cartilage!
literally just do squats tthey are better for your knees that that stuff
please just do swimming and running for legs if you dont want to do barbell movements.

t. frequent backpacker

Ok chicken legs

Oh yeah, and squatting adds more test than any other exercise

>doesn't squat
>is a leftist
This checks out