Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6hObQsIrYKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>roiding for this

although i do say nattys with long training experience have very nice backs

man gomad is fucking expensive here in brazil, i guess im fucked

buy yourself a cow

how come milk is expensive the fuck, this isnt china

dumb natty dyels will listen to this fake natty guy, start taking 2400 calories from milk itself on top of their daily intake and will end up skinny fat

What makes you think he's roiding?

his muscles are visible therefore hes bigger than me, thus not natty

brah a gallon here would cost me around 8 dolars a day, there is no way i can spare around 250 bucks a month just for milk thats too much

dont bother watching this video it has no point

because he's been on Veeky Forums for a week and thinks every youtuber is a roider.
>natty delts
>natty traps
pretty obvious he's natty

also
>not that lean
>230lbs bodyweight which is ezpz since hes 6'2 minus half inch given his muscle mass and some fat

i think hes natty
his biggest sumo deadlift was in lowlow 700lbs

if he wouls be roiding he would be pulling in thousands. He is doing the meme exercises because he knows he cant get over those barriers on conventional lifts

well minus bench but he had a shoulder i jury and he says flat bench with regular bar fucks him over

>hurr durr he doesnt care about conventional lifts

he does, but memelifts and unconventional (doesnt mean bad) approach are his shtick

I know, that's why I asked. The dude that said that has no actual reasons.

>are his shtick

I think it's a bit of both. His whole training philosophy is:
>pick compound exercise
>work up to non-grinding max daily
>pick new exercise when plateaued, or get bored

You can't really cycle through deads, squats, and bench over and over without just hitting another plateau immediately when you're that close to the natty limit. Where as if you do a meme lift, you can build some strength in other areas, not get bored, keep motivation high because it's easy to build strength in new movement patterns, and make a bit of overall forward progression.

Now contrast that with manletdestiny - who basically ripped of Eric and is a giant insecure joke. He does memelifts to look strong to sell his ebook. That's the real reason he didn't do Hemingway's challenge, he couldn't. Then you see the 700lbs trap bar deadlift a month later. Everything he preaches is shit he's ripped off from Eric, but doesn't even understand why Eric does what he does.

breh, even jim wendler tells you to try out all the variations for bench/squat/deadlift.

I was already aware of deadlift behind the back /hack squat before eric because of wendler's 5/31

not his point

I would love to feel his cock inside me. I think I'm gay now guys.

I want him to go batshit crazy with hype as he pumps my ass

>You can't really cycle through deads, squats, and bench over and over without just hitting another plateau immediately when you're that close to the natty limit. Where as if you do a meme lift, you can build some strength in other areas, not get bored, keep motivation high because it's easy to build strength in new movement patterns, and make a bit of overall forward progression.
Sure you can, Eric is basically following the old school Bulgarian method. The reason he's able to progress is that he is doing essentially the same few lifts over and over again, which when the exercise is performed 5-6 times per week adds up to a lot of cumulative volume.

You could achieve essentially the same maxing out on say squats every day. The modern Bulgarian method, involving a few back-off sets following your daily max is an even more efficient way to achieve this.

Impratical as fuck unless home gym or making a living off lifting.

Why? Each session is actually quite quick.

so basically
>move less weight and less often and you will make gains
k

seems more like if you actually focus on progressing all your accessories and main lifts, you will progress so long as you do them right and eat enough food.

he also does back off sets afterwards

thats what he told me to do

except i had more variety than going 1 exercise balls to the wall

but exercise selection still revolved around improving deadlift

this guy is strong as fuck but watching him lift is so far away from the poetry of say, an olympic lifter etc. even his dips are lopsided and crooked. its weird, man. maybe he should focus a little more on technique as well as brute strength.

>less weight

nice comprehension

Ah ok, so he does do the more modern variety. It's a sound method because it produces a very high amount of training volume, while maintaining technique due to high frequency and each individual session being less taxing. The exercise variations aren't really necessary for it to work, that's just something he does because he likes it.

>focus on your your compounds, ignore accessories/isolation
>so unless you slap on an extra 3-5 sets, you are missing all that extra weight from accessories you are moving
I'm sure doing a lazy bench and deadlift only workout will make you get gains.
this is curlbro tier advice.
>just do this one exercise and get good at it, that's all that matters bro
k

>You could achieve essentially the same maxing out on say squats every day

For how long? See >pick new exercise when plateaued.
You didn't really refute anything. If you do a daily max on deads until progress stops, then bench, then squat, then start over on deads you're not going to make much progress because it's probably only been a few weeks to a month since you left off.

That's why his exercise selection is so high. He just picks a movement he's hyped to do, and maxes daily until he plateaus or get's bored - which is why he makes such amazing progress so quickly.

1) It's a new movement pattern. So the CNS can build motor pathways to express strength.
2) Motivation and specific focus on 1 movement leads to insane intensity
3) 1 + 2 lead to fast gains which further supports 2.

>is an even more efficient way to achieve this.
I'm not going to argue which is better, because there's no way to know. But just because you read Nuckol's book on bulgarian, who self admittedly says he has minimal experience with this, and doesn't see it as a long term programming method (because he's only applying it to 2 movements), or a replacement for traditional programming, doesn't mean you know either.

>I'm sure doing a lazy bench and deadlift only workout will make you get gains.
Sure you will, as long as the total volume is sufficient, which is essentially what Bugenhagen is doing, he just organizes it into several intense sessions rather than fewer longer ones.

i need rest days in between performing the same heavy movements

given the above it's more optimal to train more than 2 lifts each session but i do seem to respond better to a smaller range of lifts rather than trying to hit a body part with 10 different lifts each time. something like 3-6 lifts per session is good

>I'm sure doing a lazy bench and deadlift only workout will make you get gains
>lazy

Except you forgot:
>intensity goes through the roof, working up to a max on those one or two lifts
>frequency goes through the roof doing the above every day

Your comprehension is terrible.

so yea
instead of doing 3x5 or 5x12 or whatever, do 8x16 I guess to get that same volume you had when you add a couple simple accessories to your workout. makes sense. or better yet, instead of getting in, doing the work, getting out in and hour and a half, and spending the next day relaxing, just go in every day to do the same shit every day/other day.
that sounds better

seriously, roid heads don't know shit about fitness. all their opinions are irrelevant.

>For how long?
Theoretically forever. This is an old and quite tested method, it's not something Eric came up with. The variation does not factor in in any significant way, it's just something he himself enjoys doing.

And I concede about the back-offs as Bugenhagen is essentially doing the same. And I didn't know Nuckols even experimented with this, I'm coming at it from a weightlifting perspective.

>two exercises
>not lazy
you can do all the volume you want, it's still lazy curlbro tier shit.
>intensity through the roof
not unless you are doing an unholy amount of reps/sets.

Rep ranges don't matter for volume really. And just about all good barbell athletes train this way.

And sure, you can add in accessories if you want, who says you can't?

>who says you can't?
the roid monkey this thread was made to discuss

>Theoretically forever.
You just proved you're fucking retarded. Brb with my 1,000lbs squat in 6 months.

>volume is intensity

he says that you shouldnt take days off

even if you are super sore or shit, try a different exercise you never tried before because you woulsnt be able to max out on it anyway or do different rep range

Well you'll eventually hit the brick wall that is genetics, lmao.
I'm not really familiar with his system, just the Bulgarian system which is essentially what he is doing.

What I would suggest personally, pick 1-2 lifts (I count front squat and back squat as one "type" as well as the classic lifts another) and keep one upper accessory slot and one lower.

Eventually you could also add in an evening GPP session, but this generally won't be necessary until you are already very very strong.

A natural is not going to be able to max out every day. They just aren't.

Besides, them lifting whatever in the gym because they want to? It's a time of exploration and personal growth.
Let them lift however they want.

And if they want to get big but don't understand how then give them a basic as fuck weight lifting program that's all about bodybuilding reps hits everything directly, and gives them that pump that lets them feel larger and look big in the mirror

If they want to get strong then just give them a simple powerlifting program that lets them feel and know by how they put more weight on the bar every week like their getting stronger.

Simple as.

>A natural is not going to be able to max out every day. They just aren't.
It's not a true max, but a daily max, very important distinction.

Did you type natural instead of beginner? Because no one is saying beginners should do this, and being natty isn't even relevant.

so he basically says do the 70s big or /thicc/ mode workouts?

forgot to add: or have the mentality of them

What fucking video did you watch? how is that anywhere near what he said?

>Eric proves you can do just that for years now with many different lifts
>hurr durr natural

Only thing you cannot really do daily is strain your lower back over and over daily.
He said that manymany times. Theres a reason theres plenty of programs where you can squat daily but none where you do conventional deadlift.

different shit with trapbar, behind the back or jefferson diddly where bar(or weight center) is directly under your back and spine is only compressed not under shear force

ill include novice example program screencap he made for patreon followers.

mind you its a "beginner" program and it doesnt have insane intensity and it does have quite a lot of volume.

big lifts, eat big (gomad), aesthetics come with strength

> he says that you shouldnt take days off
lol there's no way that's happening. there's no bigger focus killer than being too sore to lift and studies don't support not taking rest days. trying to "push through pain" circumvents your body's natural ability to prevent injury through resting.

the thing i see is he's moving massive numbers now but he's pretty close to being maxed out on all his lifts. his "new pr's" are little more than form cheats.

he's basically max on everything and trains one lift everyday because he's not making gains from it. when you see him go from 600 -> 800 lbs in a week on a lift, he already had that 800 in him and he already done it before. it's just muscle memory. he may make some small token improvement to his pr's in the process of training every day but yeah, no.

>so he basically says do the 70s big or /thicc/ mode workouts?

>how is that anywhere near what he said?

>diet lmao

Nigga learn English. Maxing out daily one 1-2 lifts until plateaued and cycling movements isn't anything like what you posted.

>talk with Eric on skype
>i did 1pl8 squats for 20reps set once and it felt like death
>Eric says if i can squat 3plate for single, i can do 2 plate for 20 reps
>what, think hes mistaken
>He says hes sure i can do it
>fuck it, tell myself " i have one week to hit it, lets do this shit"
>do 20 rep squats sets adding weight everyday
>hit 22 reps of 2plates on sunday because it was so hard i lost count by like 7th rep and i thought i only got 19 with 20th being failure
>was mad af
>check video later
>mfw it was actually 22

What we all can learn from EB, is no programming, no dieting, roids will do shit unless you have mindset to achieve shit.

The moment you doubt yourself you lost

Then he should clarify.
A single set of lifting something relatively heavy every day but stopping before complete failiure builds deep down oldman strength that will only fade when everything else has begun to and you're on your way to the grave.

Going balls to her clit hard on it everyday = wrecked body.

Yes it does matter.
A natural is not the same as an enhanced athlete. I don't care what kind of justifications you use to tell yourself the opposite.
Enhanced athletes are metahuman and have abilities normals do not have. The way they train and lift and levels of performance even is beyond what all natural people outside of the true genetic superbeings(who even then have a short shelf life and usually excel at one thing because of their life and unique physiology) can attain or even hope to attain.

congratz you discovered what is meaning of neuromuscular efficiency and why does bulgarian system benefit from this effect the most.

He explains it in his oooold video that is hidden because he was swearing hard in older videos and he cant have this out due his new work contract

youtu.be/6hObQsIrYKw

you also forgot to mention that those superhuman athletes also have great genetics behind them and they had great performance before drug usage

its not as simple as blasting steroids and hoping for the best buddy

I always suspected that focusing on one or two lifts each session would result in dramatic progress. If I focused on squat and deadlift for the next 2 months I'd make insane progress in both movements. But the question remains, what about your strength in the other lifts? You can't just focus on squat and deadlift while disregarding say bench and ohp. Then you'll have an imbalanced physique. You'll lose your upper body strength. I'm all or specializing in lifts, but it's only optimal if your whole body is being trained.

The dude is on gear. He's either forgotten or has no idea of what a natural is going through.
He can push through it because the drugs have made him an inhuman who can punish his body and make decent gains.

interesting... I can squat 4 plate but i cant do 3 plate for a lot of reps

>Yes it does matter.

Not when it comes to training knowledge, which is what your entire post was about you dipshit. And going into a workout and doing the best you can each session isn't possible natty? Bulgarian light has had plenty of success with natties...

Training is a balance between intensity, frequency and volume. You can go apeshit on any two, or strike a balance between them and see great results. This is just high frequency, high intensity, low volume training.

Let me guess, you couldn't reach 1/2/3/4 and had to /fraud/ to make any real progress and now you think that anyone with reasonable success is also /fraud/ing? Spoiler, you're just fucking weak because you don't know how to actually push yourself, eat, or both.

bullshit m8. it's not a genuine 1RM, but more like 90-95%x1. this can be done daily

i mean the ratio is little bit off,

>2/3 plate
>3/4 plate

so it might be harder to do. I know Eric used to squat 6 plates (high 500s) and recently he did above 3 plates for 20 reps.

It aint pretty tho. takes certain level of grit to do 10 grinding reps in row

how would you train then using his philosophy, what sets, reps etc

>405 lb bulgarian split squat
>"progress"
this exactly what i'm talking about. this guy can already pull an upwards of 1000 lbs from the floor in a knee dominant lift. his quads are already strong as fuck. you can guess based on this fact that he will easily progress any knee dominant movement. to a comparable level in a short period of time. he's either intentionally starting each lift well below what he know he can achieve to make it look like "progress" or he thinks he's making serious progress and is unaware how muscular strength works.

like i said he's already maxed out in all his lifts. his body parts are all almost as strong as they can be. just takes a few sessions for muscle memory to acclimate any given lift to what he had already achieved before.

so how did he get to the way he is now? i dunno but i'm leary of someone trying to trick me or is that unaware of how strength works. recommending everyone lift heavy every day doesn't work. you'll break down harder faster and hurt yourself.

-blaha signing out

You warm up , you do your daily max and if you feel like it you do some dropsets.
Repeat daily until you can't make progress or are bored

I reached 1234 dicking around in a gym and being a corn and pig meat fed country boy who played sports. At 16.

I also got heavily into it and saw major golden age bodybuilder type gains..but I was also sick every fucking year at the exact same times, was always pissed, stressed, depressed, and started to hallucinate, and it was usually when football season started, and I was always exhausted, and slept constantly and could do little more then eat exercise sleep and do homework and play ball.
I rarely did anything else.

Giving susceptible dumb young men the go ahead to just overtrain while forgetting where you started and how the body doesn't work the way a geared persons body works is terrible.

learn to read or listen faggot

>lift heavy every day doesn't work. you'll break down harder faster and hurt yourself.

Yeah. If you do any movement over and over and over you're going to get injured. That's why his exercise selection is a library.

look up bulgarian method, that's what he does

i watched the video. he literally said lift heavy every day. that shit don't work for a natty. i'm still sore from my last session two days ago sometimes it takes even longer.

it doesn't work if you're inexperienced. i.e under 3 years of consistent lifting. if you've been doing a movement for that long, you can grease the groove & work pretty close to your 1RM without burning out.

Did you do a 1rm or did you do a lot of volume?

yeah thought so

do not fucking deadlift everyday. I could squat, bench and ohp every day and i'm past 1/2/3/4

Deadlift is a fucking bitch gets me sore for 48h

Then you don't know how to manage your training within your work capacity and recovery capacity. Do you really think gear is the deciding factor for this kind of training?

You realize it enhances muscular recovery, and doesn't do shit for the soft tissues, tendons, and ligaments? A geared lifter doing this is more likely to injure themselves than a natty. A natty will will plateau and have to pick a new exercise. A geared lifter won't know when his soft tissue can't keep up and eventually - pop.

Just going to repeat this again because you have no idea what you're talking about:

Training is a balance between intensity, frequency and volume. You can go apeshit on any two, or strike a balance between them and see great results. This is just high frequency, high intensity, and very low volume training.

well i guess you can call me inexperienced then as im just under 3 years but i don't see this changing over the long run either. im in my 30s now. sometimes i need more/less time to recover. my body doesn't work like a robot the same each time. i sure as hell am never going to lift heavy every day.

I like how your argument changed from it not being possible natty to not being possible bc you're "old". Keep your mouth shut if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

you're *rarely* maxing out. people do it with pullups/push ups all the time- every day, but never to failure. you can do the same thing with compound movements. always keep 1-2 reps in the tank and you're less likely to burn out- especially if you're properly cooling down, & getting massaged regularly.

my argument never changed. the rest time needed increases when you get older this is a fact. being younger decreases the needed if you're well trained. youth does not eliminate the need to rest entirely.
> you're *rarely* maxing out
some lifts i need to max out regularly or my back will feel like shit.

so wait, natties should lift everyday and only 1-2 compound lifts?

>youth does not eliminate the need to rest entirely.

It's training stimulus and work capacity that dictates required rest.
>high intensity
>high frequency
>nearly no volume

It's fine.

GOMOM

Have your mom breastfeed you every 2 hours.
Feed your mom lots of soy protein shakes to keep things flowing.

>should

Debatable. Does it work? Hell yes. Whether or not it's better than something else is up to each person to find out for themselves.

You don't get it.
This guy is telling dumb young dudes to go hard on compound lifts every day.
He doesn't describe what that means accurately.
So in many of those dudes minds, they'll think that running themselves into the ground ON TOP of whatever they're doing is going to pay big dividends.

That makes the dudes out there feel like bad asses and feeds into whatever bullshit is driving them to do the things they do.
It's a bad idea unless he spends some time describing EXACTLY what he means and puts his foot down on the neck of any potential stupid bullshit idea that leads them down a path of destruction.

Fucking recovery is not just about the joints keeping up. That's only one thing.
It's about their immune system becoming weak, it's about their emotions running amok, it's about their quality of life hitting the toilet, it's about their gains coming to a screeching halt along with everything else because their bodies are saying "Fuck that shit, I'm tired".

> nearly no volume
what's this
routine then ?

yeah but what if I want to get better at not just one but 4 or even 5 exercises?

I don't want to neglect everything for deadlifts.

This is true if you are natty.

So many people obsess over acessory shit, while it doesnt fucking matter, it only matters for pumping up the blood, you should rather focus on compounds.

Push day:

Flat Bench
1 pump exercise for shoulders and chest
1 pump exercise for tris

Thats it. You can do your acessory shit for year and u wont put any serious size, instead try focusing on bench, go from 225 to 315 and then see the size

he literally said to focus on one exercise and focus on it 100% instead of doing a lot of shit at once

He was a D1 wrestler and he said they were ran into ground 3 times each day during training.
first exercise of the day is the most "important" one, rest is just accessories

He is not AGAINST volume and doing few exercises at once. But he says you should pick 1 and focus on it and attack it with maximum intensity whereas the rest is just accessory.

Take his words with grain of salt.

That's something he's prescribed for a client with specific goals, and doesn't really pertain to the OP video where he gives out a general recommendation. However, this still supports exactly what I said.

Since you don't know shit about training, I'll break it down.

2 days they're working up to a max. High intensity, very low volume.
2 days they're doing high volume, low intensity.
2 days they're working up to a max, but on a movement that inherently has less intensity.
1 day rest

So all high frequency, but volume and intensity are heavily traded off.

The accessory work is all either movements that can't use a lot of weight: RDL, snatch grip DL, or pressing and rows at moderate volumes and intensity.

There's nothing crazy about this program.

>while it doesnt fucking matter, it only matters for pumping up the blood, you should rather focus on compounds
this is the kind of people that gives advice on Veeky Forums. Acessory exercises are as important or even more important than compounds for aesthetics, you will never in your life see a bodybuilder that does compounds only, not even a strongman, retarded

Well the video is just about upping you numbers

Which only doing one lift will up that number.

Sadly most of fit only give a shit about meeting some 1/2/3/4 goal

>volume and intensity are heavily traded off

L E L

Working out 6 days in a row where ever day you're either working up to a 1rm + mega volume or doing a 20rm + 3 different mega high volume lifts is literally an intensity + volume session, every single day. That's going to be way harder than most routines you will find online.

people think from his vids you can just warm up your one lift and push that lift as hard as you can then swap it to another next time you stall. but actually he's doing crazy volume, intensity and effort every single day.

I mean he looks awesome, about top tier natty, so obviously he's borderline. I do believe he is natty, or at least born-again natty, if he did a cycle or two in his wrestling days I wouldn't be surprised

Why does it seem like every hardcore roiding bodybuilder has the verbal IQ of a black person?

Scooby is the only exception I know. Everyone else has this bizarre way of talking where they speak really slowly, using simple words and putting arbitrary emphasis where it shouldn't be

>Ya know why that is??? ..... it's cuz you're locked in HERE... and you're ... EXCITEEEEEED... and ya go into every workout laser-FOCUS (wrong grammar)
>those SMALL BUMPS
>you're becoming more EFFICIENT

Its

the

CONCUSSIONS

ok so i was doing this and very similar structured program for 3 months

ask me anything because hardest part of doing it was learning the exercises and actually going to commercial gym 6 times a week.

now i have home gym and i cut down exercises even more,still following same principles

today i just did conv deadlifts (from 1 plate to 1rm, and then some backoff sets) and chinups just to get more biceps.

Tomorrow i will do wide stance box squats (for deadlift) and bench to stimulate chest. Same approach.

Doing everything at once is a meme.
Focus one one thing and make it fucking count

If literally all you did was bench and deadlift, you would be thick, big, and relatively strong for any day-to-day activity. You could argue OHP would be better than bench and you might be right, but you would also be an fagget.

>(wrong grammar)

>tfw to intelligent to lift weights

Hes a highschool jock, not a fucking harvard professor go figure.

He also doesnt give a shit he does those videos on the fly RAW

>wrong grammar
What did he mean by this

> hardest part of doing it was learning the exercises
what is your 1rm on these lifts like 1plate? fuck off.

Rotate, or hit one and then hit the other for higher reps. Like deadlift or front squat to a daily max, do two or three down sets, then bench for something like 6x8