Squat what do

So I leg press 12pl8 not so super impressive but I'm definitely strong in the quads and the hammies. I go to pf (because I'm poor and other memberships are $50-$60 here). I can only squat with a smith machine and I can only do like 150. What the hell? I go ass to grass on both seated press and squats.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_plane
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thats 6 pl8. 1 plate on each side is 1pl8.

Well that's embarrassing, but nonetheless the weight difference is confusing.

The smith machine is shit
You need a free weight

Leg press is shit for actual leg strength.

Leg Press is pushing the weight up a ramp, also on a fixed track. The ramp displaces some of the downward force of the weight.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_plane
Squat is pushing the weight verticle - even if smith machine is a fixed track, i think it doesn't allow for natural movement of the body when getting low.

>Leg press is shit for actual leg strength.
are you retarded?
Pushing a heavy weight up a ramp is shit for strength?

It's pretty shit compared to squats

Yeah, it's fucking shit. If you want to do extra leg work do belt squats instead.

Because you go to planet fitness. Go to a better gym with fewer to 0 machines and do free weight exercise

oh i see you're just hyperbolic faggots.
1 exercise is more efficient, the Op can't do it for whatever reason, so his alternative exercise is shit.

Leg Press + Deadlifts = Ultimate combo if you only care about aesthetics.

How many gains am I missing out on if I do squats on the smith machine?

>I can only squat with a smith machine
Avoid.

Stop being a fucking faggot I did that for 10 reps when I was a faggot in high school

how did you stop being a faggot?

SS+GOMAD is the only way

OP doesn't have access to a squat rack it seems.

Then op would forever be known as a faggot

I just started doing single leg squats/deadlifts with the dumbbells until my contract is up with pf and I can go to a real gym with actual weights.

Along with leg machine.

Does anyone have a quick rundown on how the Trigonometry works with the angle of the sled and the weights upon it ?

I know a sled "more parallel" to the Earth is easier to push than one at a greater angle.

>t. your math teacher

Not many people have the amenities to do this sort of thing. Even Max Aita says leg press is more than doable for leg strength

Wsin(theta) where w is the weight and theta is the angle between the ground and the track

You can leg press like 2.5x more than you can squat typically so that makes sense

You're braced in the seat with leg press, overall pretty stable. With squats the only bracing you get is your feet. Plus you have to use your spinal erectors and abdominals to keep yourself upright, actually move your hips along the lift all while keeping balance and form. It's just a harder exercise bro.

How did you think people lift 1pl8?

>leg press

Anyone have that one webm?

kek