Grandpa who used to do a lot of manual labor in a farm still has huge forearms from it even though he hasn't worked for...

>grandpa who used to do a lot of manual labor in a farm still has huge forearms from it even though he hasn't worked for almost 30 years already
>mine still look like twigs after 6 months of trying to train them

Seriously, it's almost 2x bigger than mine and he's 77 years old. How come he managed to keep his gains for the entire life?

Veeky Forums didn't exist in his youth, for starters.

>do manual labor your entire life

vs

>workout a little but post crying anime girls on weeaboo site

really makes you think

But he didn't lose his gains after he stopped 'working out'. How is that possible?

>Work hard labor for decades.
>SS for 6 months
Are you autistic?

How is it possible you haven't necked yourself yet?

>do manual labor requiring grip strength for decades
vs
>going to the gym for 6 months
If you really need it explained, you're probably retarded

He probably still does shit around the house that works them a bit. Maintenance of gains is far less work that making those gains to begin with

So are the gains you make to your forearms permanent then? Is that why it's so hard to develop them?

Because he is a man and you are a pussy

made me laugh man hahahaha

>But he didn't lose his gains after he stopped 'working out'. How is that possible?

I'm convinced that "muscle memory" is a thing, and not in the usual sense. The body somehow remembers how you used to do a particular movement a lot and when calories are available it stores up muscle there really readily

I know personally its WAY, WAY easier to recover lost gains than to make new gains

He probably has lost strength and size in his forearms but they're still yuge because of how beastly they were to begin with after half a life of manual labor

do manual labor?

I'm going to bring my dumbbells over to his house to see if he's stronger than me in that area next time I visit him. Judging by appearance alone he is.

That sounds fun as fuck. Wish I had a gnarly grandpa to workout with.

this. OP.

He definitely had some muscle atrophy from aging. But a healthy diet and non sedentary lifestyle will keep your body in shape. Not hard to figure out.

My dad could bench press 225lbs 5x at the age of 78. He also worked on the family farm, but only up until his early 20s.

When a man has been doing manual labor and/or lifting all his life, he gets what's called "Old Man Strength" when he gets old. This is why your bitch ass still can't beat your grandpa in arm wrestling.

You should also keep in mind that past generations of men have had higher testosterone levels than what is now considered 'average'.

Even now that he's old and his test has dropped off significantly, he may still have a comparable level to you

>I know personally its WAY, WAY easier to recover lost gains than to make new gains

That's thought to be because muscle cells retain the additional nuclei gained from strength training for quite a long time (possibly permanently) after detraining.

50% cool, 50% autistic. 100% reason to remember the user

>t. hot rod

what comes easily goes away easily. The muscled acquired slowly, from hard work will stay, while the muscle you made in 6 months of SS will go away the moment you leave the gym.
Fitness is not a one time pay-in. It's a lifestyle.

lol op getting wrecked hard in this thread