Should the ultimate goal be to become rich and powerful?

Should the ultimate goal be to become rich and powerful?

Our fitness and bodybuilding goals are a fun distraction, but what should be the end goal?

I would hate to be as powerful as a world leader. No cope. The life is way too stressful.

>Should the ultimate goal be to become rich and powerful?

Fuck that noise.

>Our fitness and bodybuilding goals are a fun distraction, but what should be the end goal?

I'm hoping to have a work life that is quite active or focused on the body. Yoga instructor, trainer, professional referee, or some shit.

>Should the ultimate goal be to become rich and powerful?

Obviously, Arnold, the father of modern bodybuilding himself, only ever used it as a stepping stone towards becoming an actor.

To be healthy you stupid fuck

You're healthy, but you're still a brain dead retard working a pointless, low-paying job

congrats buddy, you made it

>no cope
>cope
why am i seeing this everywhere now? is this some sort of cool slang all the high school students are using now?

>your job is what gives your life meaning
What a vapid wee drone you are. Your life starts at 5pm

dude tell me one story that ends with someone feeling proud just of being rich and powerful. you can't be this shallow and retarded can you? wealth and power are good means of achieving a real goal, but choosen as end goals retarded

Wealth and power are unsatisfying.
Sex too.

The goal is to transcend existence. Realize who you really are, what is the essence of reality?

To be fair job does play a huge part in your life, even as a Dentist working 4 days a week 9-5 earning loadsa dosh and no boss that still has a stress effect.
Now imagine working as some McDs server where you earn pennies working 50-60+ hours per week with a boss that is riding your ass.

Unless you're born into money or somehow invested really smart and set for life job is a big part of your life and no being a Neet is not an option if you have a modicum of taste.

holy fuk
you have ascended teach us

>tfw bought in to the Bitcoin meme in 2011

The goal is to be happy and for most people being fit helps with that

Yeah but it shouldn't define who you are

I'm not an official certified master of Buddhism and I don't take students. You could check at your nearest Buddhist center. Get the mind fit.

Exercise is not a distraction but an integral part of the action plan to reach whatever strategic goal you have in life.

Having a strong body will give you confidence. It will increase your test which results in more risk taking. It will have a positive effect on the way other people look at you. It will give you discipline.

All are beneficial. And that is why it is not a distraction, but a habit that will help you reach your goals.

Its scientifically proven that happieness lies in (the right) work, not in leisure. You will never be truly happy if you hate your job and just enjoy the short hights of TV, sex, alcohol etc.

No, the ultimate goal should be find work you love and spend as much time of your life as you can in "flow". Extrinsic motivators like money and power are nices bonuses, but not the root of happieness.

>no mention of family
This poster is American

No, i am german. Family probably fits into "work" because you its exhausting but fullfilling.

>i am german
>family fits into "work"
The memes are real

my endgame is getting a totally straight guy to marry my trappy arse, fitness is mearly a tool

Yes, this. If everything fits into work, they have a point.
Though it's probably a convenient excuse to do dumb wageslaving and an ignorant attempt to gain some kind of social status.

But then marrying and family is far from being the answer to all. I'm not saying I don't want that too though.

The goal of life is to maximize personal achievements and contributions to others/society without sacrificing your own peace of mind, and then to die well.

>What we are seeking, therefore, is how the mind may always pursue a steady and favourable course, may be well-disposed towards itself, and may view its condition with joy, and suffer no interruption of this joy, but may abide in a peaceful state, being never uplifted nor ever cast down. This will be “tranquillity.”

Discipline in matters of the body, in one's finances, in one's diet, in one's thoughts and actions etc. are all components of the self-actualized life.

It's no coincidence that many of the most vocally miserable people today are in poor health, in debt, drink too much, lots of stressful/overdramatic thinking.

Living simply and living well is true wealth.

Lifting is only a stepping stone to me. It changes your life but if you are smart and improve yourself in every other aspects it will just boost your end goal
Lifting+ social skill + being smart + studying and applying yourself will make you a god

>dentists have the highest suicide rate by job by a large margin

my man! this is all true, but only those who have already achieved it (or at least tasted part of this achievement) will understand

>mfw my cryptogains made me wealthier than my friends with much better careers.

This. But I will say that I don't know if it's about taking more risks, or if lifting shows that effort leads to results. I was a 26 year old stoner with a dead end job before I started lifting. I always had excuses for my situations, when in reality it's because I didn't put any effort whatsoever into any aspect of my life. It seems like a simple rationalization, but it never really clicked in my head until I started to see results from my efforts in the gym.

I'm going to assume OP is fairly young because the idea of money and power being an ends and not a means to fulfillment in life is an idea a lot of young guys are sucked into.

To me money is simply a means to eventually support a family, have my own few acres and a house. Having enough money to be able to leave a shitty job, take time off etc.

Money is great and I'm not saying don't go for it, but if you don't have a reason for wanting the money then you'll just drown yourself in material things that don't give your life meaning.

So you're saying, work will set you free?

The future is now, old man.

This is my plan

1. acquire wealth (started my business already)
2. invest the profits in real estate and build a little empire
3. once I have enough appartments, I sell my business and buy some more real estate with it
4. Now my only work is managing the properties. But I will hire someone to do most of work
5. create, create, create. I will spend most of my time creating art now. I can create what I want , since I don't have to do it for money. My dream is to make great films and paint, maybe there is even profit to make in my art that i can invest in more real estate too

I got inspired by Arnold. He first became financial indpendet to get into acting, so he didn't have to take shitty roles and could do whatever he pleases.

samefagging and fake

Everyone's goals are unique, everyone has a different end game. Mind is pretty straightforward.
> Become successful, financially independent
> Be useful in some fashion, provide a service to the world to give my life meaning
> Marry a great girl, raise a respectable family
> Improve and serve my community
> Leave a legacy of some sort, a lasting impact on the world
A combination of all the above is my definition of making it.

thoughts create reality

be careful with what you think, it might become reality if you insist going into a specific thought process

understanding this, creates a strong anxiety at first, but is the way to find your end goal.

What's the reason for that? Is it the teeth?

Maybe that drill sound

common misconception, he didnt get rich because of bodybuilding or acting or whatever. he got rich with real estate trading.

appropriation of nigger culture. Remember to vote republican if you want it to stop, kids!

Fitness for me is one portion of a holistic view on self improvement. I want to push myself to be the best I can be in every week. I see a counselor to improve my communication skills and work through problems that I'm sure all of us have, I work hard at work and make a good living, I strive to be kind to others and give back to my community through community service, and lastly, I eat right and go to the gym to be energetic, (and eventually) a role model for my children. I'm not rich by any means of the imagination, but I make over twice that average wage in my state. What this has taught me is that the old adage is true - more money, more problems. My end goal is to be a good role model for my children one day. "Dad eats right, I want to be just like him."

That shouldn't be everyone's ultimate goal because people are very different and should aspire to reach whatever goals THEY set for themselves and not worry about what goals society would want you to hold. Follow whatever you're curious about and have aptitude for.

That being said, I'm a very ambitious person and personally I aspire not only to become rich and powerful (I view them as being consequences of my primary goal), but to contribute as much as possible to the advancement of the human species. My plan is as follows

>start software company and sell for millions/billions in a couple years while studying applied & engineering physics
>use funds and expertise from education to start companies focusing on emerging technologies
>also start VC investing in startups revolving around emerging technologies
>reinvest dividends and profits back into existing businesses, new businesses and philanthropy

Basically I want to be like Elon Musk, but then again probably just a little bit better

Of course you're german

Best post ITT
>The goal of life is to maximize personal achievements and contributions to others/society without sacrificing your own peace of mind, and then to die well.

Who said this? Seneca?

For me, yes. Money is everything.

Money is the one thing that can make up for any other shortcoming, as long as you have enough of it.

keep pumping your newest poocoin on Veeky Forums you faggots, don't stress about the fact that all your cryptos are fucking worthless (with the exception of BTC, LTC and ETH which might be worth slightly more than nothing).

>watched an Elon Musk video on YT
>looked him up on Wikipedia
>wants to become entrepreneur

It's like looking in a mirror

Yes, Elon is an inspiration, but the quicker you realise you're not unique and your career path has literally been dreamed of by thousands of guys, the quicker you are to finding your own path

Procreating, attaining wisdom and a long healthy life should be the ultimate goals. Money is just for useless vanity and hedonism.

Concierge primary care for an upscale Oregon coast community. That or urology.
Hang out a lot with my future dog, wife, and kids. Play music on my ukelele and grill frequently. Drink beer and smoke weed once a month, twice on my birthday month.
Continue lifting and running every day.

Do you know the prices?