How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/304607794_Joint-Angle_Specific_Strength_Adaptations_Influence_Improvements_in_Power_in_Highly_Trained_Athletes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Indifferent because i'm not training for jump height.

Also because neither are the chuckle fucks who half ass squats without even knowing half/quarter squats are a thing.

post the paper

well this is fine if you were training for jump height and not for mass/heavy squats

people who did full squats likely were closer to their genetic potential and had less room to improve. graph is useless with actual numbers for vjump and sprint

The quarter and half squat groups gained less muscle and thus have less weight to move when they jump and sprint.

Nope, the study participants were randomly assigned to one of the three groups

researchgate.net/publication/304607794_Joint-Angle_Specific_Strength_Adaptations_Influence_Improvements_in_Power_in_Highly_Trained_Athletes

>implying half squats aren't for quad isolation and wouldn't build quads more than full squats

>implying full squats don't use more muscle mass overall and wouldn't build more muscle than partial squats

>implying anyone wants hideous trex legs

doesn't make me feel any type of way, I know strength is ROM and joint angle specific

How come olympic weightlifters have insane vertical jumps despite going ATG all the time?

Probably because the Olympic lifts themselves are brilliant for improving vertical jump

There's a reason most athletes do power cleans or hang cleans

or maybe Weightlifting (which is a sport that is 100% about RFP, rate of force production aka. power) is naturally biased towards athletes that are incredibly explosive

power cleans/oly lifts/jumping squats/jumping trap bar deadlifts all train this explosive capacity to an extent, but it really comes down to who your parents were

lel what sprinting gets worse?

thx for confirming why i will never do squats. dgaf about jumping

If you're trolling well done that was good

If not then no sprinting didn't get worse, the graph shows a decrease in sprinting time not sprinting ability

Doest this have to do with people jumpings technique?

Most people start from a quarter squat position to jump.

starting from a quarter squat is the correct jumping technique, the technique was standardised in this study

it goes against the massive circlejerk by guys like rippletits that say you shouldn't be doing 'sports specific' exercises that mimic the movement you want to get better at

This is actually pretty interesting

>it goes against the massive circlejerk by guys like rippletits that say you shouldn't be doing 'sports specific' exercises that mimic the movement you want to get better at

isnt it obvious that doing the movement you want to get better at a lot will make you better at it ? I dont understand how you could argue against that...

I am actually more shocked by the fact that sprint time got worse. what's the reasoning behind that ?

That's wrong. He's against "functional strength" shit like boxing in the air with dumbbells. He supports that sport specific training should be #1 priority and strength training should be a supplement and nothing more. The study didn't demonstrate the effect of both quarter squats and deep squats as part of a training program.

neither can i but read starting strength and you will see that argument made as though it's undeniable truth

this isn't true, he never comes out in favour of partial range movements that closely mimic that range used in athletic activities

also yes it was part of a training program, wtf you on about?

A split training routine was implemented to enable greater monitoring and control of lower body exercises. Lower body exercises (squats, power cleans, lunges, re-verse hamstring curls, and step ups) were performed on Monday and Thursday, and upper body exercises per-formed on Tuesday and Friday. Squats (65%) and pow-er cleans (25%) made up 90% of the training volume for the lower body with the other exercises added for general athletic preparation but at low volumes in each session (1–3 sets) and were identical for all three groups. Exercise order was kept constant for all groups and subjects. Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday were designated as rest days with no exercise prescribed or allowed.Lower body workouts included 4–8 sets of squats, at the prescribed depth, followed by each of the other exercises. A linear periodization adjustment in volume was made throughout the training program (weeks 1–2: 8 sets; weeks 3–4: 6 sets; weeks 5–6: 4 sets; weeks 7–10: 8 sets; weeks 11–14: 6 sets; weeks 15–16: 4 sets). A three-minute rest was provided between each set. This re-sulted in total volume, relative intensity, and workout sessions that were equated across the 16-week training intervention for all groups.Squat depth was taught and monitored via video

sprint time didn't get worse, it got better

-2% = a reduction of 2% in the time it takes you to sprint 40 yard

wow that graph is really misleading then if it was meant like that, if you put both those things in the same graph you would expect an increase in performance to be the same direction. but I guess you are right.

Makes sense because you don't squat all the way down in the wind up for a jump, look at how much oly lifters will dip before doing a jerk, they don't go that deep because it doesn't help them create more explosive power.

Sounds reasonable. You don't squat ATG before jumping, quarter squat is a much more close motion. And thanks to the reduced ROM you can stack a lot more weight.