People pretending that exotic Religions are superior

It seems very common these days, so I would like to know why are people making a big deal about things like Buddhism, Hinduism, Odinism, african rites, etc like there is something worth to be learned.

Generaly speaking people who presented themselves as buddhists/ hisduists/ whatever to me were all moral when it comes to abrahamic religions like they were superior.

So I'm curious about it because I had some books on it and read but didn't find "special teachings", like Buddhism and Taoism disappointed me, specially Buddhism because everybody talks about it as a "thinking man religion", Taoists at least have some beautiful art to be proud. I've read also something superficial reading about others, and the polytheist religions seems to me just like the myths on the Bible, Tanakh and Koran (but more absurd), and all look the same thing with just different names and in different regions, which is disappointing.

Don't mind me wrong, I respect them but they don't seem superior in anything to what we already knew from Abrahamic religions, I mean, all of them have some strange stories, but the moral lessons for example are more rich on these three, not that the others don't have, of course.

Also, I would like book recomendations.

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gADjqeRi1cU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dharmic religions have a completely different outlook, and while I have no idea what you mean by "spiritual", Buddhism and Hinduism have a ton of great philosophy, honestly way more nuanced and developed than any other theology (that said, the average practitioners of these religions don't really care, like any other religion - so honestly its more of "indian philosophy", than philosophy tied to that religion, though it uses cultural and religious axioms).

There's nothing superior or inferior when talking about religion, lol. I think you're talking too much to westerners who have read a little about buddhism and hate their native religion.

all conflicts are based on the scarcity of resources(real or perceived)

Lot of people have a problem with the "Jesus and maybe a precise denomination is the Only Way" and eastern religions are seen as nice elaborations for their religious but not spiritual, pluralist mindset.

dude, in all seriousness, these so-called superior beings from eastern religions do some bizarre things like rituals using pee, cum and blood.

also their philosophy is just nonsense bullshit, looks like what a junkie would write.

i'm agnostic but need to recognize that catholicism, orthodox and protestants are WAY MORE respectable.

*Wanted to say spiritual not religious

(OP)
These religions are only "exotic" from a western perspective. But even then, modern western religions are not really western. They're westernized middle eastern religions.

>specially Buddhism because everybody talks about it as a "thinking man religion"
It is, because it has a more developed ontology, ethics and psychology than abrahamic religions by a mile. Really, it's more comparable to Greek philosophy that Thomist Christians and others later appropriated due to how bland and aphilosophical the Bible is in itself.

Schopenhauer was one of the greatest western philosophers and came to many of Buddhism's conclusions independently before he later learned of the sutras. This is evidence that dharmic philosophy has at least some obeservations based in facts of human nature. This would NEVER happen for Christianity. If the Bible didn't exist no culture on the other side of the world would ever come to the conclusion that a man named Jesus needed to die to redeem humanity from original sin.

>Buddhism: The question of the universe's ultimate beginning has not been solved and is a distraction. Rather, we must focus on what we know - that suffering and impermanence are facts of life, and that we can, through moderation, avoid both the burnout of mindless hedonism and the self inflicted pain of ascetic sadomasochism.
>Christianity: durrrrr god made the world all you gotta do is believe and everything will be OK. Independent thought literally caused the first sin ever.

>just nonsense bullshit, looks like what a junkie would write.
seriously m8?

Catholics claim to have changed a wafer and wine into the literal flesh and blood of their God and then eat and drink him.

It's a bit more complicated in Orthodox and various Protestant denominations, but it doesn't tend to come out much less silly.

I'm not remotely defending any Eastern tradition but if you are an agnostic and find Western religious traditions, rituals and theology more respectable and less nonsensical it is probably just cultural bias.

> some crazy groups and bizzare practices imply all practitioners of "eastern religions" do crazy stuff
Amazing, top-tier logic

> eastern philosophy is nonsense
Why are you talking about stuff you have no idea about? It might have sounded like stoner shit because you heard it from a stoner, lmao. I'm not even going to go into how western religions are just as full of nonsense.

man i think nobody needs to be alerted that it was just an allegory. and for the people who believes literally on this, at least aren't eating/ drinking the real things, like people from these eastern esoteric sects from tibet, for example.

you know what i mean. there is some dignity in these religions. i agree with you about these protestant fake churches that are shit, so many of them.

There's silly esoteric groups in Christianity and Islam too, and most Buddhists etc. aren't taking things totally literally either.

>man i think nobody needs to be alerted that it was just an allegory.

It's not just an allegory, though. That simply is not true.

>Abrahamic faiths are superior
Miss me with that slave morality shit

I'm not a fan of that man's memes, but this part was very on-the-nose.

you don't need to show it. i know it. i'm not defending something because of my race or culture. i mean i was raised in a secular family from latvia. for western religion i think you mean our polytheistic religions like odinism, roman and greek pantheons, right? it's just bullshit to me too. i agree with you. i'm not going to be an baltic pantheist because of my race alone. all of these look the same boring thing here, in greece, norway, iraq, whatever.

despite the fact that middle eastern religions have lots of bullshit, i think they are more intellectual developed. our culture, more or less, was based on it too.

> exotic
curb your eurocentrism

>i think they are more intellectual developed
They are not more intellectually developed than Dharmic religions, see 's post for details.

> western religions
I was referring to western Christianity. I also agree that simple worship of a pantheon is fairly boring, while common. But FWIW, eastern religions are not comparable to these, though they certainly have that sort of simple faith as their origins.

There's really no philosopher who has ever studied both western and eastern traditions, and considered western ones "more" developed. More moral/better/etc. sure, but nobody can deny the sophistication and development of Buddhist philosophy.

No religion is superior to another
Multiple paths converge into 1

Nah, they are all mutually exclusive, demonstrably so.

This

Nope, i like animals too, but not enough for them to not serve my needs. If a farmer seems it fit to never herd his cows because he deems them sacred(at the expense of the welfare of the communities transport system), then i will be inclined to believe him to be retarded, and his religion more so.

We don't know much about some of those pagans more intricate belifes and philosophies. So they may come across as more silly than Christianity, but that's more of a lack of data than anything. As for Eastern religions, they are far more developed in their thinking and worldview than the Abrahamic religions.

>implying

Normies and the general population need tags and clubs to feel superior or at least comparable to their peers.

You are right but that's funny how ironic your statement is.

So why are all of these East Asian nations mostly secular? They, more than anybody, embraced raw consumerism, ladyboys and lack of respect for human life.

You see now? Anybody other than literal autists and savants do it.

tl;dr
ppl look at new religions that don't give moral rules against progressive dogmas

After studied 1 semester at social sciences I just switched to chem eng. Basically we can separate religions in 2 groups: Judaeo-Christian and Muslim, and the rest. The rest are just the same things reinterpreted exaustivelly. Sumerian gods, Greek, Egyptian, Persian, Indian, Zulu are the same fucking thing. Everybody has a thunder God, an God of the rain, etc.

It's just like oldschool Justice League, or Teen Titans from Cartoon Network.

Taoism = Cognitive dissonance (Do things without doing lol try to speculate what I meant with this bullshit, boi).

Buddhism = self-hate
Tantric Buddhism/ Vajrayana/ Shingon = Involves sex magic/ tantra. Lots of quacks and useful idiots being assfucked...

>the polytheist religions seems to me just like the myths on the Bible

Most polytheist religions don't endorse mass-murder, rape, terror, and plunder.

Their gods are gods - superhuman beings - the mortals don't LARP as God by murdering, torturing, and kidnapping people "for the gods."

youtube.com/watch?v=gADjqeRi1cU

>man i think nobody needs to be alerted that it was just an allegory.
You what?
The Real Presence is a thing, and has been for every christian group, until Zwingly came along.

Agnosticism is the thinking man's religion, simply recognizing there's not enough evidence to make a categorical claim on anything god-related, not denying nor affirming anything, just like you would when presented any other kind of problem, and not making a shitload of rites and symbols on something you're not entirely sure even exists

The only thing that makes sense to me is ignostic with a sort of metaphor for reality being "the veil of Maya".

We don't know how many systems of mechanics we're embedded in. We are more likely to be in a "simulation" then not. But the ontological levels, and the difference between them, is infinite up and infinite "down" (using our universe to create more lower level simulations). . I've had a hard first 30 years of my life and they've convinced me that

1. Men believe the lies of their fathers. They might be truthful and honest, almost to a heart breaking point, but in turn they expect that behavior from their fathers and forefathers. A laughable proposition.

2. Men are megalomaniacs in terms of wedding themselves to a higher-order system of judgement. Most men would rather have the surety of God than the hedge bets of an uncertain reality.

3. Health and diet have a far bigger effect on men than any lofty ideals. I can be a king of my infinite peanut on meat and eggs and I can be a retarded jester on granola and lack of sleep.

I've posted here before about the following: I look at the religious and you can see half the people look like ruined kingdoms. What Lord wants such an ugly and unsuitable kingdom? And yet rather than deal with their problems truthfully, they'd rather purchase quirky and free indulgences with their professed piety.

We don't understand how many systems of mechanics we're embedded in. Hell, we're very likely in a "simulation" of some higher order reality that might be completely different than our own. We could be the prolonged entropic death of a Boltzmann brain, the peace of death a trillion years in a cold future. There are an infinite number of possible systems of mechanics above and below our own. And from a hard first 30 years of life...

1. Men can be, intentionally, truthful and honest. But they don't understand that intention is a world of difference between accuracy. They think their fathers taught them an ontological truth instead of honesty, that culture is passed down and morphed. I couldn't be in a religion because I don't have that team spirit. On the otherhand that forbids me from drinking the kool-aid. So to speak.

2. Men are savage and stupid megalomaniacs. Like greedy goblins, they go to edifices that shine gold and light and try to rob as much of it as they can. Everyone has 'the answer" for questions that would annihilate themselves if properly understood. There's no patience to wait in the cold and no patience for a higher hedonics that would sate their lust for surety and knowledge.

3. Men believe their ideals are more important than their health and diet. I could be a "king of infinite space, bounded within a peanut shell" on meat and eggs and a retarded faggot on oatmeal and low sleep. If only they understood that better nutrition and habit = better cognition.

Sorry, thought the first post was fucked by a captcha glitch but I guess not. At least now you can see a draft comparison :^)

Very nice replies. Will print this.