"Vegans don't get enough protein"

*eats 5lbs of lettuce for 28g of protein*

Think again, meat heads

youtube.com/watch?v=-4s1I13tmQM

Other urls found in this thread:

diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
pastebin.com/14M2hJaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When are mods gonna crack down on obvious shitposting like this?

wtf I'm vegan now

Hey, just because your brain is rotten and cancerous from all the meat you eat, doesn't mean it's shitpostign.

>what are almonds?

whatever her age is, she looks terrible for it

She's 27.

so i was right

Why do vegans all have saggy skin?

Vegetal protein < Animal protein

Plant protein must be broken down by the liver and reassembled into animal protein. That requires energy and the product has less animal protein then if you simply ate meat.

because we were meant to graze on raw vegetables all day long

or were we

How

oh what a cute guy

and that is my main problem with going vegan, I actually like the idea of going vegan but it seems to be fucking impossible for my lifting goals.

A conservative estimation has me sitting around 180g of Protein a day and I have yet to see a vegan diet that is realisitc and has that much protein and keep in mind that is not even a high estimation of what I would need.

So if any vegans are here I would love to get a mealplan that has me around 2500kcal and has 180g of Protein without me needing to eat an insane amount of food or only eat nuts all day long.

If someone can come up with a solution to this that also has some variety and tastes decent I would go vegan instantly I just havent found it yet.

33 actually. Still looks like she's 53.

I buy pea and rice protein and make veggie stew out of it.

Also, beans, nuts and oats.

Okay this is an obvious bait thread but this post is pure shit. All protein is broken down and then reassembled according to needs, there is no difference in the metabolism of plant and animal protein.

underrated

beans lentils chickpeas soy

Gotta get that 8g+ leucine a day, so you're gonna need whey anyway. Or cheese or eggs, or just meat.

vegans should hang themselves
all fad dieters should hang themselves
including keto, low carb/fat/protein, vegetarian, pisscenarian, paleo

all of you are fucking stupid

It's intermittent fasting a fad?

It just seemed like a different way of timing your fill ups

>5lbs of lettuce

I wish I was a cow too

haha epic meme
This is wrong and you are dumb, please stop posting
>180g protein in 2500 kcal
Easy. Here is a meal plan I made for an user yesterday, he asked for 144 g protein in 1600 kcal which was way more strict. I'll make another one for you in a second.
>Gotta get that 8g+ leucine a day
This is correct
>you're gonna need whey anyway. Or cheese or eggs, or just meat.
This is incorrect. You are wrong and stupid and should stop posting.
One of these isn't a fad like the others and should not be lumped together with them. Hint: I'm not talking about the last 5.
You are wrong and stupid and should stop posting.

I think there've been some promising results with IF and lifespan extension in mice

literally this. anybody who gives even a semblance of a fuck about what they put into their bodies should die

>seitan
>tofu
fuck off

What app is that sir?

Who actually wants to eat this shit though? Nobody, that's who.

Hey user you seem like you're knowledgeable about veganism, so, I got a few questions.
I myself have been thinking about going vegan, anyways here's what I want to know.
How did you feel once you started a vegan diet?
Do you have more or less energy throughout the day on a vegan diet?
Should I ease into a vegan diet, or just quit all meat immediately?
Any downsides to the diet?
What are some foods that I should always have in my pantry/fridge if I'm gonna become a vegan?
Thanks.

I have to eat a metric fuckton of chick peas daily? No thanks.

soy kills gains

kek

>vegans think this diet is appealing to non vegans
If you wanna convert people you're gonna have to come up with something better

You don't need half the protein you think you need to build muscles.

There are lots of vegan foods that have a good protein/calorie ratio, but almost all of it has so much water you have to eat it with a fucking snow shovel

shitposting*

You too
>that pic
fucking kek, saved
cronometer.com, and stop speaking like a redditor
>ew mommy peas are yucky
Fuck off
>Hey user you seem like you're knowledgeable about veganism, so, I got a few questions.
Aw you're making me blush
>I myself have been thinking about going vegan
Great!
>How did you feel once you started a vegan diet?
LOTS of farts for the first 2-3 weeks, after that nothing special. No, I don't feel super energized in the morning or have less acne or whatever. Although I have never felt sleepy after a huge meal I guess? Or at least it may be less?
>Do you have more or less energy throughout the day on a vegan diet?
Pretty much the same, just less post-prandial sleepiness
>Should I ease into a vegan diet, or just quit all meat immediately?
Don't push yourself too hard and crash! If it's too hard try 1 day per week only at first, when you feel comfortable, then add a second day, etc
Also count calories. If you forget nuts it's easy to undereat!
>Any downsides to the diet?
Harder to eat out
You'll have to log in everything in cronometer for a couple months until you get used to what food has what nutrients
You'll have to learn to cook some foods from scratch
>What are some foods that I should always have in my pantry/fridge if I'm gonna become a vegan?
Dry beans/peas/chickpeas/lentils, if you like cooking, canned if you are lazy like me
Potatoes
Pasta
Rice
Soy milk, oats and berries
Mock animal products like beyond burgers and daiya cheese to help you transition
Spinach or kale
canned tomatoes
Mushrooms and cucumbers if cutting
nuts and pb if bulking
You know, normal food
Chia/flax/hemp seeds for them ω3s
A B12 sup if you don't have fortified nutritional yeast, fortified soymilk or fortified cereal
Wrong. Stop posting
Just a sec
Here is a lazy version of , literally just added 4 cups pasta (250g dry). I'm making a more calorie dense one now

Thanks.

0.7g/lb is optimal

Glad I don't have to eat this disgusting shit every day

I'm Thanks for answering my questions, and providing me with that great list of foods.
I figure that I might as well try out a vegan diet and see if it's right for me since I lose nothing by trying. Thanks bro

stop posting like this you colossal faggot

5lbs of lettuce instead of soaking some beans

Other vegetarians/vegans need to take a stand against retardation like this

It's unrealistic, but using lentils and beans as a base, and a bit of nuts to top it off, you could go vegetarian or low-meat.
Milk post-wo, some eggs, or a bit of fish will be enough for you to hit your macros.

If you want to use rice or pasta as a base, you'll need a lot more meat, just to cover the proteins.

that face makes me fucking kek. both the face she's making and the fact that her skin is falling off.

You're welcome. Here is another one. We fail to hit a couple vitamins because I made it to cater to the autists ITT who don't want to eat peas, lentils, oats and tofu and think they're yucky, so I only added whatever seemed tasty enough.
The meals are easily discernible: A protein shake in the morning, 3 tortillas for lunch and spaghetti with minced "meat" for dinner. A plain kale salad somewhere on the side for dem greens, always eat at least a cup greens.
This is also for you faggots, there is literally nothing "yucky" in this day
Sue me
You don't need meat

Post body please

That's what years of vitamin deficiency will do to you -- not just low protein intake

unless this nigga is clarence, he most likely looks like every other vegan on this planet. Skinny and old looking

I think you should research vitamin B12 before you claim meat eaters have rotten brains.

I've gotten kinda chubby and stopped going to the gym because of irl stuff for 2-3 months, don't have anything to show atm. If you just want to satisfy your homoerotic fetish, you could go to or
I don't see how me not posting body invalidates my meal plans though

>rotten and cancerous from all the meat you eat
Meme
>doesn't mean it's shitpostign.
Yes it does
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Go back to Veeky Forums you degenerates

>that guy again
>A G A I N

>You don't need meat
You'll need it when cutting, unless you break some of the 'normie' taboos, and really that's a personal choice.
>Eating tofu, soy, seitan, and other strange and possibly expensive 'vegan' foods, or protein powders
Those are the taboos.

Gotta admit that you can bulk on beans, the numbers work just fine, and it's cheap as fuck.

>i dont know why a healthy looking face and body would tell you anything about my health

>Face
Never lol
>Healthy body
Well I'm far from skinny, I just don't have definition so there's nothing to show
>tofu, soy, seitan, and other strange and possibly expensive 'vegan' foods, or protein powders
>taboos
"Strange" is a matter of habit. There is nothing objectively wrong with soy milk or tofu, and seitan is literally ultra-mega-super high protein bread. I'd say that eating bean (soy) and wheat (seitan) products is less strange than eating tendons, assholes, nostrils, eyeballs, skin, ears, tails etc in the form of sausages but that's just me
>expensive
Not really, no. Seitan is literally the price of bread if you make it yourself

>pastebin.com/14M2hJaU

>my body doesn't look healthy but at least i am healthier than the fit guys who look healthy but eat meat
>and also because they eat meat, they are illogical. Everything i say is non biased logical thinking

The more usual beans and lentils can sub for soy, anyway. They have almost the same protein/calories ratio.
As for seitan, sure it's cheap to make bread, but it's not common and wheat gluten isn't commonly sold, especially now with that anti-gluten fad going on. You'll have to buy it prepackaged, and that's a good bit more expensive.
It's a shame, because that would be the perfect complement to beans.

I never said any of the things you're quoting and you still haven't said how this invalidates my meal plans

Gluten is very easily available on Amazon though and very reasonably priced. Gluten flour that is, haven't explicitly searches for seitan. Search for "vital wheat gluten"

HAHAHAHAHAHA DO YOU ACTUALLY FUCKING THINK THIS HAHAHAHAHA

It can be very difficult for the uninitiated to activate their almonds. Better off starting with making your own coconuts at home first.

You can make seitan cheaply by washing regular flour. The carbs are mostly water soluble, the proteins mostly not, so you can just soak and rinse in a bowl over and over. You can even make wholemeal seitan with wholemeal flour.

I've read about that but I don't know if I should trust that the carbs have all been rinsed off. Why not just buy vital wheat gluten? It's not like it's expensive or anything

It's not cheap, for a plant-based product, but it's cheaper than meat.
I'll have to experiment with it, it should go well in a stew with lentils.

Let us know how it goes!

I buy gluten and store it in tubs myself. Seitan is a centuries old meat substitute, that's the traditional method of making it. AFAIK gluten is still purified like that with an additional step at the end where it's broken up and seived to make a powder.

I've never known it be impossible to get, but it's still nice to know how to make it imo. It's a lot easier to buy than in the past, about 10 years ago you normally had to order it through fishing shops (gluten is used to form bait sometimes), so it's not so important. I've only ever done it for very niche reasons such as messing with unusual flours or wanting the leftover carb broth for something.

Worst case I'll flavor it with lard, the price per gram of protein is actually quite good!

>There are many other better sources of protein. Many veggies have more protein than meat.
>Many veggies have more protein than meat.

"0.5 bunch" isnt a fucking unit

Looking at the micronutrients, with a vegan diet I'd get fuckall vit.Bs.
How do you people even survive? Supplements? Have I missed some critical food that's rich in B12?

>I'm too dumb to extrapolate from the calories how much spinach that is

Where exactly did you look?
Look here , here and here

>200g of carbs

I will pass and stick to meat and eggs thanks

Why do vegans always look like utter shit? I mean, there's exceptions, but like 99% of vegans look old and sick. Anecdotally, this is what turns me off from veganism.

So, chubby and ugly like the other 99% of vegans. Wow, so convincing. I simply want to look awful and act like a giant faggot too!

Why are vegans so non-selfaware?

>I look terrible, but it doesn't invalidate my meal plans.

Oh yes it does.

>why do untrained people who follow a low protein and low calorie diet always look like shit when they expose their skinny body
Gee, I don't know billy.

>implying untrained people on a regular diet look better

>it's virtually impossible to not get enough protein

The same reason why someone who eats only meat exclusive would look terrible

so surprised lmao. why have i never seen an attractive vegan?

Does munching leaves give you a jaw like hers?

Now THATS a healthy looking person

That's the point. Radical centrism is significantly better than strict vegan diets. Meat eaters certainly should eat less red meat, more fish and yes, more vegetables. Vegans should not be strict, and mix in some chicken or fish.

The longest living people on the planet, are not strict vegans (Okinawans) and their larger group (Japanese) eat tons of meat, and are the 2nd longest living people. Just this simple fact destroys strict veganism.

Jon Venus
Brian Turner
MuscleNMind
Vegan hustle TV

okinawans ate like under 5% of their calories from meat and like 0 from eggs or milk.

>Vegans should not be strict, and mix in some chicken or fish.
There is LITERALLY NOTHING, including B12, ω3 or any essential amino acid that you can't get from plants and need chicken or fish.
>The longest living people on the planet, are not strict vegans (Okinawans) and their larger group (Japanese) eat tons of meat, and are the 2nd longest living people.
Check your sources again. Okinawans USED TO be the longest living population BEFORE they westernized their diet and added meat and eggs in.
>Just this simple fact destroys strict veganism.
I hate people who are smug and wrong

Sorry, had a formatting error

not the user you responded to but....

>There is LITERALLY NOTHING, including B12, ω3 or any essential amino acid that you can't get from plants and need chicken or fish.

but there are plenty of nutrients that you can get which are more easily absorbed from mean and far more plentiful from meat sources.

>Okinawans USED TO be the longest living population BEFORE they westernized their diet and added meat and eggs in.

yes, and all the other groups who rank highest in average age in the world aren't strict vegans. ESPECIALLY the Sardinians, those guys love their meats.

>I hate people who are smug and wrong

so this entire website?

Dem elbows

>Before they Westernized their diet

So did they or did they not, before getting McDonald's, eat meat? You know the answer is yes. It doesn't matter if it's 5%. They were not and are not strict vegans.

Do strict vegans live longer? The answer is really no. They did a study on seventh day Adventists and they lived like 7 years longer than meat eaters. The problem is, they also eat small amounts of fish and other meat. So they aren't even vegan.

Your mistake is ignoring the middle. It's either all or nothing, when in fact it appears small amounts of meat, with large amounts of vegetables are the key. So by being strict vegan, you aren't living to your full health potential anyways.

Your diet is dumb.

>Sardinians, those guys lover their meats
They might, but only about 6% of their food is actually meat.
Surprisingly they seem to eat a lot of dairy products (22% of food by weight probably higher percentage in calories), but even so 72% of their food intake (by weight) is vegan.

Alright, lets go with that. is your animal product intake restricted to 5% of your calories? No? Well why not? It seems to be way healthier than a standard american diet.

>is vegan
Vegetables. Vegetarians. Etc. They arent vegan.

>It doesn't matter if it's 5%.
Yes it does, goalpost shifter

Let me rephrase because you seem a little triggered.
>72% of their food intake fits in with a vegan diet

you get b12 from Monster Energy Zero Ultra™ non-vegan BTFO