First day at gym

>first day at gym
>doing a lowbar squat like rippletits senpai taught me
>gym trainer comes up to me
>"woah bro what the fuck are you doing there"
>what?
>"your form is all fucked up that's not where the bar goes and you're not supposed to go past parallel"
>ask him what's wrong and how to do it right
>he shows me how to do a high bar squat
>perform it correctly, not going past parallel
>"yeah that's it man keep going"
>second day at gym
>doing low bar squats
>paying more attention to my form with mirror, maybe i did fuck up
>other trainer comes up to me, says the same things as the first one
>"yeah i know but I'm trying to do a low bar squat not a high bar"
>"what the fuck is a low bar squat? there's only one kind of squat and that's the one I told you. don't do what you're doing or you'll fuck yourself up."
>mfw
what do I do Veeky Forums. It feels wrong arguing with them about it because they're both bigger than me. At the same time I don't want people bugging me in the middle of my workout everytime.

Option 1: find a new gym
Option 2: tell them to fuck off and mind their own business

Pick one of them. #2 isn't an argument either if you're worried about arguing - it's just demanding that you be left alone during your workout. If they take issue, talk to a manager and explain that you're not violating any gym rule and are being harassed by staff.

>fucking, fuck

Its you or did he talk rude to you?

>high-bar squat
>not below parallel

That dude is a fucking idiot. With a high-bar squat, you generally go even lower than retarded rippetoe squat mornings.

Just do highbar squats you autist, jesus christ

Option 1 isn't viable, already payed for a 3 month membership (it's the shortest they had available)
I would consider option 2 but it seems to me they're trying to be helpful not annoying. I'll try to explain to them next time. if they don't budge i'll consider your option.
nah no one was being rude. they weren't speaking in english and I just put this when translating for some reason.

>this actually happened

>changing my workout just because some random trainer told me to without providing proper evidence.
I'm not a faggot

Bro nut the fuck up and tell them you know what you're doing. Don't let some fucking trainer get involved in your workout

They're not worth their salt OP, just figure out a way to ignore them. Keep doing lowbar, and every time they try to tell you lowbar squats "don't exist", just politely but firmly explain to them that they're wrong. This next part might be getting a little into autism territory, but it might not hurt for you to show them articles or a video or something on your phone to show them what lowbar is.

If they had tried to tell you that lowbar squat was bad for you or something, this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but the fact that these fucking trained "professionals" are trying to tell you that lowbar just straight up doesn't exist is pretty rustling. Sounds to me like they barely know what they're talking about, and any time someone like you does something outside of their incredibly limited pool of fitness knowledge, they go into full on sperg mode and try to eradicate the discrepancy so that they don't feel stupid.

Guarantee you that trainer looked up lowbar squats later that day and then broke into an embarrassed panic once they realized you knew more than they did. Now you'll just have to wait and see whether they change their tone with you or keep trying to get you to squat their way just so that they can save face.

Had a similar experience. Except my form WAS really shit and it was a gymbro. Dude told me to get glove, switch to doing front squats and goodmornings.

Same gymbro told me to drop deadlifts in favor of hacksquats, legpress, back extensions and prowler pushes, not to go down to my sternum on bench press because it would use back muscles, and that he NEVER does the same routine more than once because his body adapts too fast to exercise now.

Only 1 of the PTs at the place knows what low bar squats are, but the dude is really helping me with my shit.

>at gym
>skinny 16 year old deadlifting asks one of the trainers to check his form
>tells him it's great after watching 3 reps and walks off
>guy had his back curved as fuck the whole time...

Sometimes I wonder what kind of knowledge you actually need to work in a gym.

I actually had a similar experience:

>been lifting for 3.5 years or so
>have to move states for work
>sign up for 24h fitness in new city
>go to gym wearing semi-loose clothing for maximum comfy (gains not visible)
>go to squat rack, begin loading lmao1pl8 for warm-up
>fat balding PT comes up to me
>"hey i haven't seen you here before.. our gym offers 4 personal training sessions for a special price of (can't remember price so i don't care)
>reply to him "ok i'm not so sure about my squat form, how do i do it?"
>balding fat PT gets under the bar and literally half-squats 1pl8 with shitty good-morning form
>"like that"
>i say "oh can I try? can you watch me?"
>he says "sure, i'll watch one set and then we can chat about training sessions!"
>I proceed to load up lmao3pl8
>I proceed to do a triple ATG paused squat set
>"how was that?"
>fat balding PT mumbles "you shouldn't go past parallel and... uyhhhh.."
>i cut him off and say "sorry i'm not interested in personal training from someone who can't even squat 135 pounds correctly"
he doesn't make eye contact with me anymore when i see him

Tell him to google low bar squat and then just keep doing it. Or just tell him to google squat form because you're supposed to go atg on high bar

PT stories thread?

> at the gym doing some squats
> PT is hovering anxiously off to the side whenever I do a set
> comes up to me after I'm done
> "you're going way too low! You're gonna hurt your knees that way. Here-"
> he quarter squats my weight
> "That's perfect depth to work your lower body!"
> this isn't my first rodeo with this kind of retardation
> "Thanks for your advice"
> continue squatting how I was previously
> he keeps shaking his head at me or giving me snide looks when I finish

show him this picture and ask him if he knows what shear stress is and how it affects ligaments and tendons

>be 3 years into lifting
>1 year into le resistance (((ARMY)))
>we have great gym inside one of our storage facilities with ancient equipment from fucking Vietnam
>this places location is top secret
>anyways be me, diddlylifting
>fucking gang of PVT ass noobs with nice arms and nothing else approach
>dey see me warming up with 1pl8lmao
>I can tell think I'm weak because of the hoodie, and I'm going slow with it
>they're joking among themselves about weak people in the gym
>they ask if they can work in with me
>sure ting
>2 of them try for 2pl8 and barely get 3 with good form
>the next two guys try 3pl8 and one of can't get a single rep, the other guy does 1 rep.
>I load up to 4pl8
>knock out 8 reps in front of them
>solid speed and form
>they stare at me
>I tell them to work on their garbage form
>they leave the gym
haven't seen them since

There really are some garbage ass people in the gym mang, don't listen to every bozo that thinks they know shit, cause most of em don't. Learn your low bar squat

Shut your pog ass up. You talk like you're fresh out of fucking Tradoc.

This whole thread is why I switched to calisthenics before I had a chance to lift really heavy: I don't trust myself enough to check form on my own and I trust everyone arounbd me, including certified profesisonals, even less.

my xo thinks im cool

Has he asked you about gear yet? Sounds like hes trying to make you clientele desu.

Talking down gym douches is pretty cool
Humiliating a dude just trying to make a living like that, however, is not.

I was in a situation where a PT proposed to me some absolutely retarded program that had like 18 exercise a day, all machines, with pyramidal progression, with 3 15 minutes cardio sesison in between. The whole mess took about 150 minutes and left me absolutely devastated, not physically but bored out of my mind.
I just told him I wasn't interested in his program and started doing my thing, occasionally asking someone to check my form. Here in Italy that's absolutely outside of the norm too, since gym membership fees are high but includ free PT service so everyone gets their schedule done.
PT in question was obese too and spent all his time harassing women.

>When you realize the most aggressive milfags are boot ass LCpls who havent seen a deployment and feel the need to compensate because they can't find a woman to bone in the sluttiest towns in the country

>Implying I was a marine
>Implying I wasn't Doc
>Implying I didn't deploy

>Implying anyone gives a fuck that you were paid to pass out Motrin and give advice about changing socks
>Implying you weren't blueside and didn't deploy in a hospital
>Implying every patient you attempted to treat didnt die because you fucks are worse at giving IVs than drunk marines who stole your equipment for the purpose of sobering up after weekend bingers
>Implying you aren't gay

Holy shit your alpha.

I just started nofap so hopefully ill be able to do the same thing at my gum in a couple of months.

Accually was Amry.

But you're too big of a fucking knuckle dragger to realize that.

Pogs nowadays.

I can't wait for the civil war to start.

Tell them to fuck off

Say "If I wanted advice I would be paying you"

Just tell them that you don't want any help.

>Was a doc
>Calling a marine a POG
Thats a little ironic. Your top tier medical training should definitely have prepared you for a civil war.

>he's wearing out his back with backsquats instead of using the Olympic front squat for better athletic performance and using actual posterior chain exercises

The same thing happened to me when I was doing hb squats

>Humiliating a dude just trying to make a living like that, however, is not.
>How dare you point out that the snake oil salesman is selling snake oil
Yeah no, fuck off jew.

>his body adapts too fast to exercise now

Shoot the gym up tomorrow. Beta uprising now

>a dude trying to make a living-

By being paid money by people who don't know any better so he can at best waste their time or at worst severely fuck them up with his completely inept advice

Fuck me this sounds familiar, are you going in a gym in france by any chance ?

a meme course

I know one, she's no idea about training

she'd well get it tho

Unless you niggers are Lt. Colonel or above the only valuable thing you got out of the military was welfare benies and free meals at Chilis on Veteran's day. Hope you at least used your GI bill/hazlewood for a STEM degree.

I see nothing wrong with humiliating someone trying to get money from beginners by teaching bad form and shitty routines.

I'm from Italy too, was doing SL 5x5 as I had just started lifting, a roiding PT comes there and asks me why I'm benching after squats. I tell him that I'm doing a full body program and he says that it's a stupid idea bc I should do as much isolation as possible, and proceeds to tell me to do chest press instead, then pectoral machine, vertical traction machine, row machine, curl machine, tricep extension machine. At the end of the workout he tries to sell me his program for 30€ A MONTH, in which I would be training 5 days a week. I tell him that I'll think about it. I never went to the gym in the late evening again (during his shift) for a couple of months.
One year and a half later I'm in another gym in another city for Uni, I'm done with a heavy overhead press set and as I'm lowering the bar the retarded PT who was right beside me grabs one end of it like he was trying to help me put it down (with nobody on the other side), but because of this I lose balance and almost drop the barbell.

I almost forgot, one week ago I was doing Romanian deads, female pt is watching me and at the end of the set tells me that I was almost losing my lumbar arch. I thank her for the advice and she tells me that I should go deeper and touch the ground with the weights. I tell her that I'm not doing conventional DLs but Romanian DLs, and she answers that there's only one kind of DLs. Ok.

No wonder italy is full of weak manlets
Should have shown her zercher dls

>gym
>France

Fucking lol

>he NEVER does the same routine more than once because his body adapts too fast to exercise now