/fat/ Cheat Decade Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UV0FDZThwDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting because old thread is archived

5`11 150lbs around 25% bf, my TDEE is around 1900kcal. Thinking of eating 1300kcal and doing this until around 20% bf.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Never done any lifting before, not even stepped in a gym. Should I change anything?

I googled a random bf% calc because the tradition one in OP has been broken for ages. Hopefully this is fixed for future fat gens

I think you calc your bf% wrong. 150@5'11 is definitely less than 25%. But if your question is "should I work out" the answer is yes

No my answer is should I cut down to around 130lbs while doing the program I linked then start clean bulking

meant to say my question*

Any program works for a beginner, having said that I'd be willing to bet any routine that has 2 different curls in it is bad. Read the sticky, get something from there

or read this front to back

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

I don't know how you managed to have that little lean body mass, but you would probably be better off eating at or just under TDEE (say 1500-1900) with a shit load of protein for now.

Hello fellow fats
Going for Lyle McDonalds Rapid Fat Loss which is both painful and effective which I have used successfully in the past.

Wish me luck.

>I don't know how you managed to have that little lean body mass

I starved myself for like 5 months (500kcal/day)

I started at 240lbs and was really sick and tired of being obese, didn't realize I was being autistic

Lost 13kg on 22 day water fast boys. Lost 2 more since on IF

>30-40 years left before cheat life is over
Getting pretty excited, guys. Can't wait to start cutting when this life is over. Any tips to look forward to?

That's pretty fucking stupid and is advised against by basically everyone for a reason. Too late now though

Your weight isn't the problem anymore, it's your lack of muscle. You could go back up to 180 and still be at an 'acceptable' weight and bf%. It'll also make losing weight again, if you need to, easier since you actually have muscle.

Just eat at TDEE if you are really scared of the fat and make sure to eat an assload of protein.

How do I gain weight/muscle if I eat at TDEE..?

Eat at maintenance and recomp.

Can you elaborate?

Eat slightly above TDEE, like 2100-2300, if you can't get over the mental block of gaining a little bit of fat/weight then eat at TDEE. With 150g+ of protein

You'll gain muscle regardless, especially as a beginner. And much more easily than if you were cutting at 1300 calories while lifting.

Gaining a pound of muscle takes half the amount of calories gaining a pound of fat does, so it is theoretically possible to eat at maintenance and gain muscle while simultaneously losing fat.

>Tfw cheat era just started

try maggots cleaning, soil enemas and go plant-based (as in grow your own plants from your own composted tissue). Oh and you can implement EF straight from the start (Eternal Fasting >infinity). Good luck user.

Okay, when do I start cutting?

Meme keto diet is working pretty well for me.
Anyone else doing meme shit to lose weight?

idk man, when you finish your LP program or somethin. If you gain more muscle than fat during your program you'll look better than you do now even without a cut so I wouldn't be too worried about it for at least a couple months.

that body fat calculator uses imperial units only so it's literally useless.

>150lbs around 25% bf,
>I starved myself for like 5 months (500kcal/day)

There are no words.

>tfw two maintenance days
I feel amazing, had the best BM I've had since I started eating at a deficit, and actually had the energy to lift with vigor. Can't wait to get these last few lbs off.

Uh oh. Chocolate bars.

I know it was stupid

>roommate left out a huge bowl of oatmeal cookie batter unattended

>5`11 150lbs around 25% bf
Nigga you need to lift holy shit. At that height/body fat percentage you're basically a skeleton in disguise.

Maintenance days? What you mean senpai?

6'11 82kg (180lbs in burger units) still feel fat

Go to AA. Anorexics anonymous

Meant 6'1 phoneposting

I just wanted to lose my fucking mantits.

They are still there, kill me

Your starvation ate all your muscle now you're skinny fat incarnate

keto makes me feel like absolute shit and I've got shit to do.

Eating at your TDEE.

im almost in the 170s

but now i have plantar faciitis from running and i can barely walk

FUCK MY LIFE

There are 3500kcals in 1 lb.

So if I eat at a 1000kcal deficit every day per week, would I lose 2lbs or is it a lot more complicated than that?

>So if I eat at a 1000kcal deficit every day per week, would I lose 2lbs or is it a lot more complicated than that?
This is how it works. Just count EVERYTHING.

I work out 4x a week and work 50 hours but I'm still doing it.
Only felt shitty for a day or two thankfully.

you dont lose pure fat, you will always lose some muscle mass too.
but essentially you will lose 3500kcal of bodyweight a week.

Thanks guys, it just seemed too simple to be true.

streach your feets mang
youtube.com/watch?v=UV0FDZThwDQ

I'm not /fat/ but I ate 5 mickie d's cheese burgers ultimately cheating on meeting my calories for the day. Never felt so good.

I'm only cheating myself tho.

>or is it a lot more complicated than that?
yes it is more complicated than that
but its a start

>fatass
>running
might as well just break your legs while you're at it

>tfw 7 lbs past goal and still feel fat while everyone tells you to stop cutting

crying frog with gun

The worst feeling.

Came back from the gym a few hours ago and I am hungry as fuck. I can't stop thinking about grabbing a burger.

fuck em all and go full /thinspo/

you can thank fifty years of the fitness and weight loss industries for that. it has been an agreed upon scientific principle that d(biomass) = (calories in) - (calories out) for over a hundred years now... and yet almost everyone believes that it's more complex than that, due to the massive amount of horseshit floating around.

>massive amount of horseshit floating around.
Well, how else are all the momscience magazines gonna survive if they don't come up with a revolutionizing new method of fat loss? Writing calories in

I think I could use grape juice to replace a lot of my soda addiction. I know it's a lot better, but I know it's still full of sugar, even if it's natural sugar. It's gotta still be a lot better, right?

Tfw 15% bodyfat

Juice can contain even more calories than soft drinks, just get rid of your addiction to sweet tasting drinks entirely. Drink tea with no sugar instead, it's gonna taste bad at first, but you'll get used to it and you'll start liking it eventually.

Nope. Tangibly better on your teeth maybe but literally juice is just as bad as soda.

juice also has a lot of sugar it's like drinking candy

Why didn't you Americans tell me that peanut butter and jam is so damn delicious?

>was 180 lbs three years ago
>now I'm 230
>I still look as bad in clothes now as I did then

shit genes mate, what can you do

sugar free soda is better than juice

How accurate is this chart? Will I finally get rid of my distended gut if I drop my bf% to 15%?

if you can get your vitamins from somewhere else, you are definitely correct. Some people go all rogue on supplements tho.

I mean, even if you want vitamins real fruit is better than juice.
Comes with actual fiber and shiettt.

Gone from ~310 to 220lbs in the last few months. Still got a ways to go but I don't feel like a fucking useless whale anymore. We're all gonna make it lads.

Maybe but it could be ur posture

any /fat/ties doing keto? I'm considering doing it for the last 30 pounds I have to lose.

what is your experience with it if you did do it?

Just eat grapes instead brah

I’ve been running since I was 290 6’3- I recently had PF, I got it settled in about 3 days.

Lacrosse ball, roll your foot and alternate between relaxed foot and raised big toe.

Freeze a water bottle and roll your foot (relaxed and with toe raised)

Once it improves (gauge based off of morning condition), then start running again slowly. Take it easy and stretch. On day 4 I was good to go again

>tfw used to be good friends with cler.
>tfw lost contact, haven't talked in about a year now.

did it once to lose about 80lbs in 3 months
it worked but I wanted to fucking kill myself afterwards
put all the weight back on plus interest

wouldn't recommend it for people who have an 'all or nothing' attitude like myself

Only thing I'm concerned about is my lifts going to shit, i think ill just give it a go and see what happens

do it bro
for science

I'm in the same position you are. Your lifts go to shit regardless. Only the first week is bad on keto, otherwise plenty of energy in the gym.

oh ok good that's encouraging.

I'm pretty sure I'm at 16-17% bf and I look the closest to the 11-12 on this pic

>28
>220 6'2" four months ago
>Find out cholesterol is high
>Panic mode
>Start fervently exercising and cutting 1000 from TDEE
>No more soda, fried shit, red meat, etc
>Not one cheat day or day over on calories
>164 today
>Got blood drawn yesterday
Wonder what I fucked up in the process. Also, lower belly fat pls go

So would the 5x5 routine listed in the sticky be a good place to start if I have essentially never lifted weights in my life?

It's a meme crash diet, did it for 6 months then yoyoed back with interest.
You might be able to employ it successfully if you manage to identify your breaking point and have a plan in place to switch to something actually healthy and sustainable when it happens.

What are some healthy and sustainable meals to eat

I'm on the second smallest notch on my belt fatties.

Soon I'll be buying my next belt from the normal person section.

You'd have to be retarded to yoyo if you're counting calories.

Unprocessed carbs, fruit and vegetables. Nutrient dense low calorie foods. You know, what the FDA have been trying to get you to eat for the last 50 years.

what does the FDA do except protect lobbyists?

I went on my first binge in 6 months. I don't even feel sick, I'm back on track. I'm currently at 1300 calories and need 300 more to reach 1600. Binge eating yesterday gave me back my motivation instead of habit. I think I'm going to do this again during Christmas or thanksgiving.

Which lobbyists?

>peanut butter and jam
>jam
It's Jelly you commie trash

I have a goal to hit and when I hit it I'm going to go completely fucking ham, just for one day.
Bad enough to make me never want to do it again.

I thought these feelings of craving junk food would leave me eventually but I'm still a fat guy in my head.

want to make it even better?
>Toast bread
>split perfectly ripe banana down the middle
>add jelly to one side of toast
>add peanut butter to the other
>place the bananas on one of the breads
>put breads together
eat senpai. Partly one of the reasons why i got so fucking fat in the first place

56 pounds in 4 months? Fuck

This is jelly. You don't put that in snadwiches unless you're some kind of barbarian.

If I get 200 by my birthday (23 pounds 3.5 months away) I'll have a binge meal. Gotta keep on the narrow though because ultimate goal is 150

I'm enjoying keto so far. After I got over keto flu anyway.
Just need electrolytes to avoid the flu.

There is a difference between jelly and jam, but what you posted is jello faggot.

I'm not even a ketofag, but please stop telling yourself you yo-yoed back because of the way you lost weight and not because you went back to your old shitty habits.

might buy a birthday cake and eat it whole

keto + fasting completely changes your relationship to food in general.

I know, right? Fucking big vegetable has the FDA telling people to eat healthy foods instead of mcshit.

>keto + fasting completely changes your relationship to food in general.
Elaborate plox