Pull up tips??

Hey Veeky Forums need your muscle help
I'm a 210lbs Linebacker in moderately good shape, can do 40 - 50 push ups (dunno why its important but just put yourself in my position) but I can only do like 2 real pull ups (not pussy half assed pull ups) and I wanna get that number up. Tips?

Do 4 to 6 sets everyday
If you can do 2, well just do 4-6 sets and it will go up

TThanks. How much could you do?

Not him but I used to do three sets of ~20. I started like you at just a couple. My routine for six months when I wanted to join the military was:

Even days:
Run
Pushups 3xF

Odd days:
Pulls 3xF
Crunchs 3xF

That was it. I aced the tests easily.

advice in this thread is shit.

Armstrong pullup program. Do it. It works.

Man lmao wanna go for military too. How much you run?

not that guy but depends on branch. Since you're asking about pullups I'll assume Marines. You need to run a lot. If you can't run a sub 21 3 mile by the time you ship you're not working enough.

Google "Fighter pull-up program" by Pavel Tsatsouline. You're basically adding a rep to the work you do every day, and never quite hitting failure. It took me from 1 strict wide-grip dead hang pullup to 10 in 6 weeks.

Will keep in mind. Thanks for the advice.

Im thinking Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. Canadian army. Infantry.

Oh yeah I heard that one.

That's really sad. I'm 270lbs, 6'1" and fat as shit but I can do 10 pull ups.

Jesus fucking christ. But real pull ups you mean. Film yourself and you got my belief.

Well actually I believe you just off the bat, 270 split upon 6'1 aint too bad you just might have a bad image of yourself.

I got my 3 mile down to 17:56, when I started I couldn't run around the block. First I did CouchTo5k, that got my up to three miles in 30 minutes. Then I spent a couple months gradually increasing my runs up to 45 minutes. Then I started alternating endurance days with sprint workouts (100, 200, 400, and 800 meter). Right at the end I started specifically training to get the 3 mile time down.

I overdo everything, you don't have to ace the tests to get in btw, you technically don't have to train for them at all. I just like to be over-prepared.

I can do 8 reps, im 5 11 178 lbs

That's pretty good. This guy I know is possibly in the best shape because he does swimming and he can nail down 10

This is smart though. Most disphits nowadays only train for the IST and think they're ok. Once you're at bootcamp and you're hungry, tired, and sick, your PFT is gonna be dogshit compared to what it is healthy. You want to go in exceeding standards.

I'd like to be prepared at least and not get the minimal requirements,

8 reps at 5'11" 178lbs is not good. don't lie to the user

Agreed.

do pull-ups

Well I can't speak for myself. You're on your own user.

3x5 and exponentially adding weight. If you can't perform actual ones to finish your set, do very slow negatives. Especially 3 for every rep you miss.

I am currently 205lbs and can rep out 17 clean pullups as my warm up.

I literally have a beer belly and I can do 10.
20 is a good start, depends on your goal but unless you're BB or PL that should be a good average.

Im 170lb. I can do 14 in a row, 10 with very strict form. I do 10 bodyweight pullups a day to keep fit.. Wish i know how to increase how much i can do...I think i have to add some weight to me when i do it..

How do I get the first pullup?
Scrawny 5'8 here

>Armstrong pullup program
I'm training with inverted rows/australian pull ups.

Though I'd imagine even a simple pull "up" with door corners would help a little if you can't do australian pull ups.

That and negative pull ups.

Ayy lmao looking at 4RCR out of London ON

do negatives

train the muscles involved with pullups, there are a lot of smaller muscles that arent trained by other lifts

also do pull up variations, eg chin ups, pull ups with wide grip, neutral grip pull ups, etc.

I have never tried to do more than 10 pullups. Not at 212 pounds, not at 182 pounds. Always stop at 10.

If I want to do more, I'll just add weight.

I don't know if it hurts me or helps me (not doing weighted chins but rather rows probably hurts more), but considering I could never do a pullup when I was 140-160 pounds (basically untill I was 19 almost 20 and started working), I think I'm doing alright.

Just start doing a fuckton of pullups. Sets of 1 if you have to. Do inverted pullups. Do chinups if you want. Anything to increase your lat power will get you to some arbitrary pullup rep range.