Keto general: ask questions n shit

I see a lot of keto threads being made by dumbasses that have no idea how to properly implement the diet and then give it a shit image by perpetuating the "butter bacon and eggs" stereotype.

I've been on keto for about two months now and I'll answer any questions regarding the diet, who it's for, who it's not to, how to properly do keto, what not to do, etc.

Lemme get 2 questions out of the way:

>How do you feel on keto at that low bodyfat?
Like fucking shit but you look cool as fuck

>What do I eat on keto?
The key thing that most people forget is that there are lots of high fiber high fat foods that'll keep your colon from imploding; namely flax, chia, and hemp seeds. Avocado is also huge on my diet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCOfJHaFLpfbi87xPoAa_NbQ/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you keep going?

I've always bee active, but now at 24 I've finally built the frame that I've always wanted. 6'3 and 210 lbs.

But I desperately want to lean out before I lose all my hair and my metabolism slows to a fucking snail crawl. I can lose weight up to about 10 lbs before I cave in and go out drinking, smoking, eating shit and fucking. I live a decent life, but at least once in my fucking life I want to see my 8 pack, my obliques, my v taper.

How do you stick with it?

You learn to love the feeling of hunger and after a while it goes away and you'll constantly feel full even after waking up and being fasted for 8+ hours. As for carbs, personally they just started to disgust me and every time I see a pudgy balding man in his 30s sitting across from me at a restaurant scarf down a big ass plate of pancakes lathered in butter and syrup to the point where it's spilling off his plate and thinking how disappointed his wife must be every time she has to see his skinnyfat worm of a husband take off his shirt, I realized that I don't mind foregoing a bit of sweetness if it means I'll never be him

>alone at IHOP again
>same gay black waiter hits on me like always
>as i sip my ice water i catch myself considering his proposal
>look over and see skinnyfat nerd with his wife laughing, talking and eating pancakes
>both loving life
>glad im not him

I did keto for about 6 months to see how shredded I could get. BIA read 5% at lowest but visually I say I was at around 8%. You kind of peak there since you need to keep a level of fat as your energy source. My mom is a med tech so she did blood work for me and my overall cholesterol spiked, although it was just really high HDL. I started out doing all the shitty fat eating, but I feel like that's the wrong way to go about it. Pick your fat sources wisely, go unsaturated as first choice. You can eat a lot more carbs than most guides say and not get kicked out the more active you are. I started sliding into Targeted Keto than just went to my current diet and hover around 10%BF. Make sure you drink a ton of water and take your potassium, magnesium, supplements, and intake more sodium. Mentally, I felt great most of the time. I had keto flu first getting in but in the times I got out and got back in, as long as I kept my mineral levels steady, I was alright.

what is a days worth food look like for you generally? I'm gonna start keto very soon.

I'm actually dying

Main staples are eggs, usually 3 or 4 whole with some added whites, couple cups of spinach, a whole avocado, some cheese usually blue, asparagus, and sauerkraut for breakfast. Then I'll have this ice cream type fiber fat bomb by mixing cacao nibs, protein powder, ground flax, hemp hearts, chia seeds, almonds, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and almond milk with cinnamon in a bowl. Toss it in the freezer for a half hour. I lift twice a day so usually have the same things after my second sesh but with some meat added, usually albacore or beef. After that I gauge how hungry I am, usually no room cause all the fiber, but if I feel like snacking I'll eat some egg whites and cheese

whoa that ice cream concoction sounds interesting i'll have to give that a shot, thanks user

It honestly shouldn't taste as good as it does for how healthy it is. Play around with the amount of almond milk for creaminess and add Greek yogurt if you just straight up want nutty ice cream. Go heavy on the cinnamon, it helps to stabilize your blood sugar and adds a lot of flavor for like 5 calories

Starting and current weight and BF%?

kek

Do you get laid regularly?

UNDERRATED COMMENT top fucking kek

Yes, usually tinder sloots since summer and I dont go out much. College is bretty good for meeting girls

Started almost 3 years ago 5'9 192, current is 5'11 154ish about 6% bf

>Started almost 3 years ago 5'9 192, current is 5'11 154ish about 6% bf
HOW DID YOU GROW 2 INCHES, TELL ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was 17 at the time and I hit puberty pretty late, still growing a bit even right now so genetic I guess?

>those flowers

Are you in your grandmother's hallway?

nice larp op

I've done keto on and off for 15+ years. I initially lost 100lbs using keto and have been using it as a tool to keep my weight in check since.

Shit's easy once you break your addiction to carbs. I used to have nightmares about eating cake, but now I can go months without anything sweet. Honestly, the hardest part is remembering to have cheat days.

a-anymore pics op? no homo

Hey man my grandma does keto too lay off

Remember there's always
>Grow grow grow

Yeah sugar addiction is a bitch, but after eating huge plates of eggs avocado cheese and spinach, you kinda don't wanna eat anything else ever again

Of course... No homo

you made it brah, mirin hard

enjoy your life of easy pussy

Still just a shit posting dyel. We're all gonna make it brah

natty? routine?

Natty, lifting 3 years in september. I've never really liked routines and always done my own thing, but I've gotten into a rhythm recently where I'll know what to do each day. Usually do my heavy compounds and a few bodyweight movements first thing in the morning then I'll come back a little later after I've had some food to do high volume isolation work. way too much free time during summer

whatever you do, never roid. it'll blow out the proportions and made you look fucked.

you look fantastic right now, just slowly build muscle but stay as lean as possible

How long does it take to get into ketosis?

contents of my fridge:
chicken drumsticks
ground beef
mayo
tuna salad
bacon salad
avacado
egg salad
34% fat lactose free cream
eggs
remoulade
38% fat cheese (called búri)
and a bit of pepsi max
also some leftover melted cream cheese in cream sauce that has chicken bits in it.

tips on what to get next trip to the store, im only 4 days in so all advice is welcomed

Hey I appreciate that man! That's honestly the plan. I'd be happy by just maintaining but I like eating a lot so, might as well get a bit bigger

Depends on the individual but usually 3 days with good carb restriction. High protein kicks you out of keto too if you aren't exercising enough due to gluconeogenesis

spinach and broccoli

Asparagus, spinach, tumeric, almonds, cocoa powder, almond milk, flax seed, hemp hearts

How much protein should I be taking on days I'm not lifting then?

Since you're on keto whatever you do don't cut cals, if anything increase them while keeping strict ratios.

youtube.com/channel/UCOfJHaFLpfbi87xPoAa_NbQ/videos

jason wittrock did a 21 day 5k cal challenge and lost bodyfat

No pork? Are you avoiding it for some particular reason?
I'm asking because I really enjoy my salo on this kind of diet.

More incentive to stuff myself. Lit

I really couldn't say for sure man, maybe try like 50 grams less on off days and upping fat cals?

oh right, i forgot to mention i have some bacon aswell along with some types of salty nuts. but ill totally get some pork chops when i feel like it

>Main staples are eggs, usually 3 or 4 whole with some added whites, couple cups of spinach, a whole avocado, some cheese usually blue, asparagus, and sauerkraut for breakfast.
Damn your breath must smell amazing

I chew on garlic cloves too for dat dere test boost :^)

Whats the noticable differences on keto?

Leaner because no water retention from carbs, you feel like shit if you're at single digits bf%, you're a little less explosive in movements but have more sustained energy

Your breath stinks like shit

Can you take a regular pic without the meme angels, just facing forward. How do you look in a shirt?

Okay but first, take a pic of yourself using my meme angles and let's see how much they help you

Can I still snack on fruit or do I just have to rely on veg for carbs

Leafy greens man. Fruits have too many carbs

when on keto i eat 500g spinach and avocado a day! loads of eggs and seeds nuts cucumber tomato broccoli cauliflower olive oil zucchini etc. few little meats and cheese.
Almond flour is godlike for keto. delicious pancakes.

just did keto for 1 month and a 7day water fast. feel awesome!
i'm ripped as fuck now!
always low bf but now we're talking..

Do you fast?

some fucking vegetables, you mong

What are keto shits like?

Not intentionally, some days I just won't feel like eating much after breakfast.

Clog the toilet every morning. But then again I eat like 100g of fiber

Do you only do bulletproof coffee, cause when I'm on keto l don't have time to make breakfast.

No I cook eggs, doesn't take long. Never had bulletproof coffee

How many cals per day?

I don't keep track of calories but I'd guess around 3k a day. I eat massive amounts of food

And youve lost weight with that many cals?

Didn't eat this much to lose. I'm bulking on keto rn

Pretty good. Used to do it myself. Spoonfull of coconut oil, very hot coffee, stevia and blend. Really nice taste, and really good boost. Mind the shits.

>100g of fiber
how

Curbstomping a packet of bbq sauce. That's my toilet erryday.

Chia, flax, cacao nibs, and hemp hearts

Here, I don't have any practice doing poses though. 3 months of serious lifting.

I'm dry heaving

Lean ice?

>I'll have this ice cream type fiber fat bomb by mixing cacao nibs, protein powder, ground flax, hemp hearts, chia seeds, almonds, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and almond milk with cinnamon in a bowl.

Recipe? Or link to recipe?

>Bacon salad
what is this

No recipe, just something I make myself. Toss all that shit in a bowl, stir and add almond milk to desired consistency. Stick it in the freezer so it gets all creamy

Ice has no calories, so I guess?

>cacao nibs, ground flax, hemp hearts, chia seeds
Do you shop at a regular grocery store or health food store?

2 years unbroken ketosis here

I'm /thin/, so I don't eat lots of protein like the others here probably do.
My shits are immaculately clean and free of oil (probably because I digest all the oil I eat), toilet paper use is reduced by about 80% compared to pre-keto.

Bulletproof coffee doesn't taste that good IMO, and feels really abrasive. Instead I add heavy whipping cream (which is also top-tier to mix into PB2).

Costco, only thing I can't get from there are the nibs. I get those off eBay

how do u begin building a menu on keto? online shit is either super simple eggs and bacon, or complex having to make foods out of almond flour and shit.

Are there any eating plans u recommend?

Eggs, avocado, cheese, almonds, some fatty meat, flax seed, cocoa powder, almond milk. You can live off all that forever

Waiting on that forward facing pic... where did you go?

Keep it simple. 99% of the time, it's less of a hassle and more delicious to simply eat regular foods, sans carbs. Here's a typical day's meals for example.

>Breakfast: 2 strips of bacon and an egg
>Lunch: Chicken caesar salad, no croutons of course
>Dinner: Grilled salmon; broccoli with optional cheese
>Snacks: almonds, cheeses

Baking specialty items and preparing foods using obscure ingredients is MUCH more of a hassle than it's worth, in my opinion.

There you you pal. Good luck with those breasts and anterior pelvic tilt

Is keto basically a zero carb diet?

google you lazy sack of shit

How the hell did you get so lean? If you're not on gear, your testosterone levels must be plummeting.

in theory, because i have a very high bf%, could i fast for much longer periods of time purely burning body fat for fuel? would that be detrimental to my health? i know that it's not like starvation mode where you body will burn your muscle for energy, i think there are studies showing being in a state of ketosis actually preserves your muscle much better than a typical caloric deficit diet. anyway i've been doing intermittent fasting so far, need to grab myself some supplements (will i be able to find supplements for magnesium, sodium and potassium or will they come as one?). i want to try maybe doing multi-day fasts and when i finally eat i'll eat a lot of fibre. popping a multivitamin every day just to keep my vitamin levels in check. drinking a lot of water. s'all good i don't get hungry.

>Not wanting chest cleavage
>Not having glutes
>3 years lifting

Thanks

I eat a lot and lift twice a day, honestly feels like I'm going through a late puberty again. Either that or my dad is injecting tren in my avocados

Take some preworkout, make sure you're training hard as fuck, and Bob's your uncle

>could i fast for much longer periods of time purely burning body fat for fuel
Yes, but this requires a fair amount of research to do it safely.

Diet doctor has a free 2 week meal plan.

anyone here tried carb backloading? I'm currently doing it myself. Been about 8 weeks and I think I like it.

Okay, so it's basically a zero carb diet. Why the big fuss?

Too lean = low test? How low % wise do you have to go before test is affected?

Average pro keto "unbiased" study

Daily reminder there is nothing that proves being on ketosis is preferable for body recomposition not to mention performance.
Daily reminder most of the studies on ketogenic recomposition don't even take into account blood ketone levels.(like pic related)
Daily reminder ALL pro keto studies are incredibly biased towards keto and manipulate results with one sided control variables like insane protein intake differences and almost the same ammount of fat intake in non keto and keto diet groups.

>still falling for the absolutely retarded keto meme in 2017

You're all going to die premature deaths if you keep eating a high fat/protein diet. :)

Explain? Don't gimme the saturated fat bullshit

Day 10 here, planning to do a month. Do I need to do a carb refeed day soon?
First week was hell desu, no energy, faint when standing up, no erections, couldnt shit. Okay now, it's amazing how I no longer want to eat 95% of carb food. I do get intense donut cravings and I never used to eat donuts pre keto.

>Wanting to live past 50

You some sort of faggot or something?

Bumping to view later

Up your fats. I felt shitty when I wasn't eating enough and going too protein heavy cause gluconeogenesis kept me out of keto

Wow, pretty much no difference in muscle mass with a 120g/daily difference in intake.

You just have no willpower. If you can't go a few days without needing to abuse drugs then you should just forget this lifestyle. It's one thing to struggle getting completely shredded but you can't even get past the easiest first hurdle.

>Dismissing one of the most established facts of nutrition

Can you share your routine, specifically what you do on each session?

this

why the name "keto" for what is essentially "zero carb".

autism?