/routine/

Anyone have any input or reccomendations on this routine I crafted? It's full body but it's structured a little differently for an intermediate lifter. It's separated into an intensity/heavy day, a light day, and a volume day

Intensity
Strict Overhead Press - 3x3 or work up to heavy single
Squat 3x3
Weighted Chin Up - 3x3
Barbell Row - 3x6
Rack Pull - work up to heavy single
Weighted Plank - 3x30-60 seconds

Light
Squat 3x8-10
Close Grip Bench - 3x8-10
Dumbbell One Arm Row - 3x8-10
Chin up with just bodyweight - 3x8-10
Weighted Plank - 3x30-60 seconds

Volume
Strict Overhead Press - 5x6-8
Floor Press - 3x6-8
Dips 3x8-10
High Pull 3x8-10
Seal Row 3x8-10
Yates Row 3x8-10
Weighted Hanging
Db Pullover 3x8-10
Shrug 3x8-10
Skull Crusher 3x15-20
Overhead Extensions 3x15-20
Straight Bar Curl 3x15-20

Bump

>that volume day
im no fitness routine expert, but couldnt you just do compound excersises? Also what you need 3 row variatons for?

Well my idea behind it is to build work capcity but yeah I suppose the volume day is kinda ridiculous.
The seal rows could be replaced with lateral raises or something

> Also what you need 3 row variatons for?
Variation in training. Work similar muscles with out inducing movement pattern overload and strength regression

just do a single row variation, ie pendlay row, if you're doing full body, do compound movements, it'll take less time and will help you much more rather than isolating every muscle, for a good intermediate full body program, check Texas Method

Replace the Yates row, Seal rows are a cool exercise and yates rows are cookie cutter shit

I do volume like that everytime I work out recently and my muscles have blown up in the last few weeks

I do reps of 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 going up and up in weight in increments until i can only do 5, then 5, 5, 5, 5, etc

No need to be so damn straight along with doing so much, just have a basic template e.g.
>Heavy compound for the muscle group at five reps for 3-5 sets
>Another smaller compound for the same sets and reps e.g after BP, Incline BP or Romanian deadset after squats
>2-3 relevant accessories
>3 abs or calf sets if your game
Or some basic template like so

I like Yates Row tho. Theyre lower back friendly and they let you use use lot of weight and I'm chasing a 315+ pound row. Seal rows are a pain to set up. Maybe on inensity days I'll throw seals in at the end for a bit more volume tho

*Strict not straight along
>t. Phone poster

Pendlays never feel right, I don't know if it's just my anthropometry or what but if I even attempt heavyish weight my lower back hurts which is strange bevause I can deadlift fine.

Anyone have any experience or advice about doing 531 as a UL and doubling the frequency, so ohp and bp on the same day and dl and squat on the same day? I've found some other threads elsewhere of people trying to do it. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with it or can recommend a program that naturally has an AB setup that emphasizes the big 4 lifts and has a strict progression scheme.

ULxULxx

U
531 squat
(I don't like to DL heavy because I have lower back issues) 3x10 DL
Lower body accessories

L
531 ohp (there are numerous articles about why this order is better than the other way around)
531 bench press
Upper body accessories

My lifts are shit, but I like 531 for the variable reps and the specific progression. I definitely feel like I should be hitting the big lifts more than once each week, though. And I won't feel terrible about missing a workout because I've still gotten the full body in that week as long as I do at least 2.

What a ridiculous routine. Just do PPL with a focus on 1 heavy compound (3x5-10) followed by 3-4 light compounds or accessory lifts (3x8-12).

No need to over complicate things.

sit into it more, like a squat

I have been doing fullbody 3x a week for ~10 years now, that's too much volume The most I ever went up to was 5 actual movements a workout and then maybe some ab stuff after. Currently only doing 4 movements a day and making good gains.

sauce

Alexandra Uchi

am I overtraining, is this too much volume, what should I do instead of my goals are hypertrophy and strength

ABxCDxx

A
barbell bench press 3x5
ohp 5x5-8
weighted dips 4x6
reverse grip bench press 3x12
dumbbell skullcrusher 3x12
hammer curls 3x12
dumbbell curls 3x12
lateral raises 6x12

B
squat 3x5
weighted chin ups 3x5
dead lift 3x5
row 3x8
dumbbell curls 3x12
barbell curls 3x12
cable curls 3x12
lateral raises 3x12
leg extensions 3x12

C
ohp 3x5-8
barbell bench press 5x5
weighted dips 4x6
reverse grip bench press 3x12
dumbbell skullcrusher 3x12
hammer curls 3x12
dumbbell curls 3x12
lateral raises 6x12

D
dead lift 1x5
weighted chin ups 3x5
squat 5x5
row 3x8
dumbbell curls 3x12
barbell curls 3x12
cable curls 3x12
lateral raises 3x12
leg extensions 3x12

>wears pink

why is this the uniform of every thot

I'm feeling good today here is mah current routine, I'll typically do one or two powerlifting movements and rep ranges, then switch to bodybuilding after sets are done.

MONDAY: DEADLIFT + BACK + BICEPS
TUESDAY: SQUATS + LEGS
WEDNESDAY: DEADLIFT + BENCH + CHEST, SHOULDERS, TRAPS
THURSDAY: SQUAT + LEGS
FRIDAY: BENCH + CHEST + BACK
SATURDAY: DEADLIFT + ARMS + CALVES

Bodyweight: 67kg/147lbs
S: 165kg/363lbs
B: 115kg/253lbs
D: 160kg/352lbs
note: maxes were tested months ago, squat could be sitting around 175kg most likely.

inb4 abused for weak sauce deadlift, hence the frequency on deadlifting in my programming.

What to do after running Bill Star's 5x5 twice, (got good results on it but slow weight gain made me stall
Want a new routine to spice things up again, help me please

garbage
your deadlift is weak because you're a short limbed manlet, there really isn't anything you can do about your squat/dead ratio but get stronger overall

probably got a good point desu

So theres another thread tauting PPL as the godsend to natties, what does everyone here think?

lol you're build like my 11 year old brother no joke, i just wanna grab you by that 12 inch waist, put you on my shoulders and give you a piggyback ride

you look realyl good man

I like you hair

PHUL or PHAT. If you are natty modify it, if not leave it as is

never thought i would ever hear that one, cheers man appreciate it
your 11 year old must be pretty elite bro

I have a bench/barbell/dumbbells
Where do i find a good routine using these? I have a lot of free time so i don't mind spending above average time on training. Also i am a beginner and can't follow the regular routines posted in sticky.

Do one row on volume day, take shrugs out since you do Highpulls. Do hammercurls for elbow health. Floorpress and ohp will be difficult, because of triceps fatigue.

Split your pressing volume on different days for example your Day A has more than 100reps in total. After half of it you cant even use your triceps.
Focus on one or two lowerbody lifts, one press, one row, one hamstring exercise, chinups or pullups, one curl for the Day, rear mid rear delt, one set to kill your abs.
You can rotate exercises, but dont do millions of exercises that hit nearly the same muscles in one day.