Is this the ideal body?

Is this the ideal body?

It's no bodybuilding goal for certain but surely looking like fucking Michelangelo's David is some sort of accomplishment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B6aDJefLg9I.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not the ideal in my opinion.
But what is the minimal thing a man should strive for. It is the base point, it is what in a ideal society the common man should look like. At least this is my opinion. Once you reach this point you hone your body to your own personal goals.

David has a big fucking head. But the ratios of his body are nigh-perfect. Arm length and such

>that low bf
>no visible abs
COME ON

His hands and head are large because the statue was originally intended to be seen from a bit of a distance and at a lower height, so some features were exaggerated to make up for the perspective.

I prefer this.

almost any body can be a "bodybuilding goal"

i don't understand what's so hard to get about this though, david is literally a piece of art, it's an idealised human form with some changes made for context (big hands, big head). if any person worked towards either his exact development, by the size of each muscle, or tried for his exact proportions, they wouldn't look like him. they wouldn't have the exact insertions, the exact body fat distribution, the exact bone structure. they might look close, they might look great, but the statue isn't aesthetic because it has the right levels of muscle and fat, it's all genetics

Thats about my same exact body type. The not so ripped looking legs and abs that barely show even have the same nose.

My pecker is bigger though and you only look good shirtless.

Yes, i like this too but wish i knew the whole statue

Behold true perfection

What blows my mind about this is that they clearly had dudes who actually looked like that because otherwise the anatomy wouldn't be so accurate, like the teardrops. How the fuck did they make it in those times

Well that one was made in the 19th century.

But this one wasn't. They still had big guys back then.

Is that an 8 pack

You don't need ripped people to know what muscle anatomy looks like. Just skin someone.

Perhaps dudes who were that ripped but not that huge. Don't doubt sculptors of their skill were able to exaggerate musculature when they had to sculpt a demigod.

Here's George Hackenschmidt. One of the old time pre-roid strongmen. I would say he looks pretty close to that Hercules sculpture.

They probably just used manlets as models.

Back then most people were manlets.

>tfw gf says you look like the statues in the art history class she took
>tfw lean bulking at comfy bodyfat%

I kinda look like but with slightly more serratus and legs

>tfw named David and have a big head
S-stop it!

My point still stands.

>some features were exaggerated
If I was David I'd want my dick exaggerated

no this is the perfect body your fucking fag

dubs out zane out

thirty rounds of the clip off rip

I just have a copy paper printout of this on my mirror and every day I don't look exactly like it I do 45 minutes in the shame corner in that pose

>the perfect male form

Would be great if shoulders were wider. Still good tho. Need more chest.

Delete this!

People actually on average where more healthy then people today. The low life span only comes from all the infant and child birth deaths. Plus men use to have much more testosterone. People look absolutely disgusting today(Murcia).

Watch this video youtu.be/B6aDJefLg9I. Notice how almost every guy is ripped. This is before testosterone was decreasing at an alarming rate as it is today. Average test then is high test now. All they where doing where body weight and cardio exercises. Muscle developed much easier.

nice gyno

>Extreme downward lighting
>Black and White, high contrast
>Body hunched and scrunched against itself
>Flexed

Lol

Neck is too big

Le "steroids only existed from the 70's onwards" meem