Is there a name for a diet where you have just enough carbs to prevent yourself from going into ketosis and no more...

is there a name for a diet where you have just enough carbs to prevent yourself from going into ketosis and no more? imho this would actually be more helpful in helping you lose fat than actually going into ketosis.

Elaborate?

your opinion is fucking worthless

you'd feel like shit and not get the spontaneous caloric intake reduction (appetite suppression) effect of keto. This is a really dumb idea.

your body wouldnt think its in starvation mode and reduce leptin levels

You mean eating a low carb diet? Is this even a question? Are we in between qtddtot's?

i feel like shit on keto because my brain has no sugar to run on. this diet would prevent that from happening

>my brain has no sugar to run on
well that's fine because your brain runs on ketones instead, IF you are on keto.

you're extremely misinformed. If you actually stick to keto for longer than a couple of weeks, your brain will source up to 70% of its energy requirements from ketone bodies. you probably feel like shit because you don't get your electrolytes in order (sodium chloride, potassium, magnesium, in order of importance).

yeah but it feels terrible

this is what medical weight loss had me do. just barely enough carbs to avoid ketosis.

common sense?

> you probably feel like shit because you don't get your electrolytes in order

nah, I was in ketosis for 3 weeks and know I was for sure because I used those strips you test your urine with. And I know it definitely wasn't electrolytes because after 3 weeks of being in ketosis, my first bread roll immediately restored function to my brain 3 hours after consuming it.

really made me think

I'm not even a ketofag but that just sounds like you didn't try it long enough before giving in to your sugar addiction user.

>
>>you probably feel like shit because you don't get your electrolytes in order
>"HURR I WUZ IN KETO BCUZ I PEED ON A STRIP N U RONG BC I ATE BREAD AND FELT BETTER"
did you drop out of preschool with that reading comprehension?

yeah eat 21g of carbs a day

One day, make 50% of your calories carbs, three days after, make 25% of your calories carbs. Do this until you're lean enough.

Not really. I've been eating less than 100g carbs a day while trying to lose weight and I feel totally fine.

>is there a name for a low carb diet

No.

how do you know it wasn't the electrolytes?

Low carb doesn't work, its just a calorie reduction

If you maintain calories while changing your food choices to ones with fewer carbs, you'll be eating less sugar and less refined foods overall.

electrolytes are salt. bread has very little salt

>bread has very little salt
salt is one of the main ingredients in bread though.