Why isn't the barbell row one of the big lifts?

Why isn't the barbell row one of the big lifts?

Very large differences in force and power output capacity between the different points of the pulling path
Not universally agreed on what constitutes good form (a white light rep)
Not the most efficient way to take a weight from the ground to the hip. Deadlifts are the most efficient way to pull a weight from ground to hip. CnJ is the most efficient way to move the most weight from ground to overhead lockout. Snatch is the most efficient way to move a weight form ground to overhead lockout using one hip dip only. Strict press is the most efficient way to move a weight from the rack to overhead with no hip dip. Chinups are the most efficient way to get your chin over a bar (not an Olympic lift but there are Guinness records for pullups and chinups and not for rows). Etc etc etc.
Shit exercise anyway, doesn't offer anyway that deadlifts and chinups combined don't already offer.

Cuz T Bars are bigger and it's not.

how straight is your back supposed to be on bent over rows? I'm not doing anything heavy, like 60kg but I find that my back arches after a few reps

doesn't hurt but are you supposed to keep it rigid and straight like in deadlifts?

I see so many people doing babby eeight with barely any bend and with underhand grip, pulling at a diagonal angle

Does this actually do anything or are they just fucking up a barbell row?

Are pendlays a meme?

>Shit exercise anyway, doesn't offer anyway that deadlifts and chinups combined don't already offer.
>requires two exercises to replace
RRRrrrrightio

no.

non chest-supported barbell rows main problem: you are trying to move a weight through space while cantilevering your spine

your body is not stupid, and the moment you add enough weight to make it challenging your form goes to shit and you get a change in back angle through the lift (because your body isn't stupid, it wants to move the weight in the most efficient manner)

trying to aggressively apply linear progression to a lift that tends to fall apart in this way when you add too much weight isn't a good idea, and as said for beginners you already train everything a barbell row trains with a vertical pull + deadlift

A lot of opinions out there, it mainly comes down to laziness, it doesn't look as cool as other lifts and some think DLs are enough for your back.

I did Pendlay rows way back and I hated it. Stopped doing rows for a long time but I just started doing Ed Coan rows and they're actually fun.
I'm gonna do seal rows in the week I have heavy squats and deads if I feel like my lower back needs it.

I do dead rows twice a week and i snatch grip deadlift twice a week with no problem
and my back has some craazzy gainzz recently
currently at 130kg for 10 dead row

>Implying that's what I said
>Implying barbell rows are anywhere near as good for abs, ass, quads, hamstrings, traps, erectors and grip as deadlifts
>Implying barbell rows are anywhere near as good as chinups for lats, biceps and grip
What I said was that barbell rows train x and y muscles in an inferior and redundant way if you already do the superior deadlift and chinups
>But muh rear delts
>Doing an entire compound exercise that jews your deadlift and squat into unnecessary erector fatigue unlike chinups just to hit the two smallest muscles in bodybuilding
Superset your bench with facepulls
Now frick off my board

Same as any other exercise where you don't want to injure your back. Straight from ass to head.
>Underhand rows>>>>>overhand rows

post bod

Don't you understand that you gain pulling strength from all positions by doing rows?

You just do it with a straight back to eliminate tension on the spine?

Or are you just posting these memes to be funny? which you are failing at, you only come off as a smart ass.

Dig it. Barbell row is a one-way ticket to snap-city, my man.

Are pendlay rows really that inefficient?

I've heard pull ups for width, rows for thickness. Can anyone confirm?

d-dig..it?

Stop posting

i like this dude

Bummer, big daddy. No need to bogart this here website for yourself. We can all groove here.

>snatch is efficient
Lol

Underhand rows should be avoided once you're not lifting babby weights any more.
If it's not Pendlay or Yates, you're doing it wrong.
>Shit exercise anyway, doesn't offer anyway that deadlifts and chinups combined don't already offer.
Idiot. The back is not just erector spinae + lats.
Double idiot. You don't row for your rear delt. You'll hit them at best on a lying row variant with very wide grip.
beginners should include an horizontal pull, that being seated cable row or inverted row.