Diets

I eat 8 to 10 whole eggs a day. Some of my friends say this is dangerously high. Is the cholesterol in eggs a real concern?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303863/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586539/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The maximum recommended per day is 3 whole, but you can eat more if you remove the yolk from the rest.

>Is the cholesterol in eggs a real concern?
No
>remove the yolk
No

Any nutritionist will tell you that more than 3 whole eggs a day is too much. They used to say it was 3 a WEEK.

>nutritionist

Cholesterol isn't the real issue, saturated fats are. So don't go too hard on eggs, its not gonna be good in the long term. Get your fat from fish and protein from lean meat.

is that a sugary beverage i see ?

Get blood work done

>dietary cholesterol
>matter in anyway unless you are already an obese retard
I've been eating 5+ a day every day for years now. I go to the doctors maybe once a year, just for a check up. every time, my doctor laughs and says I'm wasting my time coming there, I'm in perfect health.

There's zero evidence that the cholesterol in eggs directly transfers to your body.

"...during the past 40 years, the public had been warned against frequent egg consumption due to the high cholesterol content in eggs and the potential association with CVD. This was based on the assumption that high dietary cholesterol consumption is associated with high blood cholesterol levels and CVD. Afterwards, subsequent research suggests that, in contrast to SFA and TFA, dietary cholesterol in general and cholesterol in eggs in particular have limited effects on the blood cholesterol level and on CVD "
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303863/

"The evidence suggests that a diet including more eggs than is recommended (at least in some countries) may be used safely as part of a healthy diet in both the general population and for those at high risk of cardiovascular disease, those with established coronary heart disease, and those with T2DM."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586539/

It's more complicated than that, though, and it seems they get different results for different ethnicities. There are more details in these studies and others. If you really care about this, you should read up some stuff, and not just trust what fitizens say.

>They used to say it was 3 a WEEK.

They also said fats were evil and sugar is fine. These days I put more stock in broscience.

One large egg has like 1.6g of saturated fat bruh. Its not that much.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should go bulk yourself up on eggs alone. But yeah, generally eggs are pretty healthy.

>Some of my friends say this is dangerously high.
Yep
Yep

Maybe
Maybe

No
No

>takes pictures of his food like one of those low IQ girls on instagram
It's time to kill yourself.

i wonder what a dietitian would say

>being this retarded.

>believing shit your mom told you