Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

If you ask yourself if you want to become a vegan or not, just answer these three questions:

1. Do you want a healthy heart?

2. Do you want to secure a better environment for your children?

3. Is your IQ over 75?

If you answered yes on any of these questions, you should definitely become a vegan.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3988204/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249911/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828934/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4375280/
youtu.be/UwGFgRhJM48
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All vegan people do the same shit over and over, all they can talk about is how bad killing animals is, "if you eat meat you support animals being slaughtered" and "oh you have such a higher risk of heart disease if you eat meat".

Pro tip buddy: Meat eaters don't care about killing animals or heart disease, we don't care, if we did we'd be vegan, we do not give a fuck how many animals get slaughtered or how high the risk of heart disease is, clearly.

Why don't you say some shit like "oh there are meat substitutes" and give some tips on cooking good shit with vegetables or something, the whole "meat eating allows animals to be slaughtered" thing obviously isn't working you fucking mongoloid, stop spamming your cancer shit everywhere

>Meat eaters don't care about killing animals or heart disease
>Meat eaters don't care about heart disease

With other words meat eaters are retarded?

Sure lol

Veganism!

I like where this thread is going. I've always been tempted to just start a vegan meme dump thread. I have so many good vegan memes.

>the whole "meat eating allows animals to be slaughtered" thing obviously isn't working you fucking mongoloid
it works on me
agree, only works on people who can think for themselves and not afraid to challenge the status quo

Went vegan a few days ago, thought it would be hard and i would miss animal products, But i'm loving the food! Glad I gave veganism a shot.

On top of those 3 questions you should also ask these:

1. Do you want to be unhealthy your entire life and never be fit?

2. Do you want to kill babies due to malnutrition and starvation?

3. Do you want to appear 30 years older?

If you answered yes on any of these questions, you should definitely become vegan.

>3. Is your IQ over 75?
This is the vegan standard everyone, you literally have to be a barely functional person to fall for the vegan shills.

user all your questions are wrong, especially the last one
vegans live longer and appear more youthful than their years
meat raises igf-1, a strong growth hormone that ages you
veggies are full of anti oxidants which protects humans from aging free radicals
please,please,please kindly educate yourself
unless you're trolling in that case you can kys

Meat eater here. Doctor said my glyceride levels are perfect, my cholesterol is great, and my heart is fantastic. I do cardio 3 times a week. I eat meat because it tastes good, it's cheap, filling, and nutritious. I don't have to worry about getting complete proteins, because meat is a complete protein. I'm an omnivore, just like every other person on the fuckin planet. Fuck off with your vegan propaganda

Sources: none.

>Meat eater here. Doctor said my glyceride levels are perfect, my cholesterol is great, and my heart is fantastic. I do cardio 3 times a week. I eat meat because it tastes good, it's cheap, filling, and nutritious. I don't have to worry about getting complete proteins, because meat is a complete protein.
anecdotal
>I'm an omnivore, just like every other person on the fuckin planet
scientifically wrong

oh really? Prove yourself right, or kys

I work on an organic farm and I don't know where you pulled the "male chicks die" bullshit from, the male chicks are raised for meat. They get much fatter and larger than the hens do in the same time period.

Post your cholesterol score

well veganism is like a religion. They don't actually use facts, just ideas thought up in their own heads or words from another vegans mouth

Zero sources as usual. Veganism does kill and fuck children up physically. Sources:

Children who are raised on strict vegan diets do not grow normally:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079

Children develop rickets after prolonged periods of strict vegetarian diets:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf

"There are some links between vegetarians and lower birthweight and earlier labour"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/

"Particular attention should be paid to adequate protein intake and sources of essential fatty acids, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins B12 and D. Supplementation may be required in cases of strict vegetarian diets with no intake of any animal products."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/

These next five are case studies:

Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673

Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642

Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn - case report:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463

"We report the case of a 7 month-old girl that presented with acute anemia, generalized muscular hypotonia and failure to thrive. Laboratory evaluation revealed cobalamin deficiency, due to a vegan diet of the mother."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883

You realize humans have been eating meat for centuries, yes? Our cisors and our canine teeth are meant for cutting and tearing meat. If we were herbivores, our teeth would be similar to a cow's. You know nothing of science.

>I don't know where you pulled the "male chicks die" bullshit from
>male chicks are raised for meat

Are you really that dumb? You say that male chicks aren't killed and then you say in the same sentence that they are force fed to become fat and large for their meat?
You have to kill them to get this meat, just to remind you dumb meat eater piece of shit.

user,stop using a single case to prove a point
i agree she looks horrid
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3988204/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3249911/

Oh and also this bitch is 33 but looks 63

Im only doing what you vegans do

>You realize humans have been eating meat for centuries, yes?
doesn't make us carnivores
all herbivores eat meat some points in their life, like cows eating bugs on the grass
>Our cisors and our canine teeth are meant for cutting and tearing meat.
no, you use knife and forks
go to a restaurant, order a steak then eat it with only your canines
go to a farm and kill a cow with your canines like carnivores do
>If we were herbivores, our teeth would be similar to a cow's. You know nothing of science.
cows are graminivore, they feed on grass
we are frugivore, our diet should be primarily fruit based
of course we have different teeth
also lots of herbivores have larger canines than carnivores

i haven't even graze the surface of proof that says humans are herbivores

Your reading comprehension is shit. Most likely due to cerebral atrophy due to b12 deficiency.

I was referring to male chicks being killed at birth. No if that happened we would produce far less meat than we do now.

I am fully aware that animals die in the creation of meat. Lol

Your words were literally "male chicks die bullshit". So you do agree that male chicks die in order to get this meat, you pathetic little bitch?

>reddit spacing

FUCK OFF

you realize that if we were not meant to eat meat, then we would not be able to digest meat. Just like how people who aren't meant to drink milk or consume lactose lack the enzymes needed to digest them.

However, we lack the proper enzymes and bacteria to break down cellulose. The biggest portion of a plant.

So tell me again why you believe we are physiologically more geared towards eating just plants.

>you realize that if we were not meant to eat meat, then we would not be able to digest meat. Just like how people who aren't meant to drink milk or consume lactose lack the enzymes needed to digest them.
every single herbivores can digest cooked meat
that's not a scientific way to categorise herbivores
cows are fed fish
>However, we lack the proper enzymes and bacteria to break down cellulose. The biggest portion of a plant.
we need cellulose as a fiber,not as a calorie source
>So tell me again why you believe we are physiologically more geared towards eating just plants.
every single organs on our body from eyes,teeth,digestive tract,respiratory system,arterial function are similar with other herbivores
we share no similarity with carnivores

Vegganism is healthy and natural, you just need 12 supplements to not feel ill all the time from all the deficients that it causes. I mean common it's 2017, meat causes CANCER.

ITT: meat eaters with their elementary level meme biology

>I'm wrong but i'll say im right

We're carnivores, sorry.

>we share no similarity with carnivores
>except our eyes, teeth, digestive tract, respiratory system, arterial function which is also similar with herbivores
>i dont know anything about convergent evolution

>Literally the only sourced material with scientific papers and publications are from "meat eaters" in this thread.
Stop projecting because you got btfo designated vegan shill.

You also haven't posted any proof, either.

I have a serious question.

Why does every vegan I see either online or irl look so sickly, and why do they look way older than they actually are? I'm thinking of becoming vegan but it scares me that I've never seen a good looking vegan irl or online.

>come to thread to talk if being vegan is healthier than eating meat and diary
>huh duh killing animals is wrong faggots.
>more BS

I just want to know if is more healthy, but nobody can answer that with scientific studies.

>every single herbivore can digest cooked meat
and every carnivore can digest plants
>we need cellulose for fiber
correction, thats what we use it for. If we had proper bacteria and enzymes, we would use them for other necessary resources
>these herbivores have this but carnivores do not
really? List me one carnivore who does not have two eyes, leads with their head, have similar teeth or use of teeth, i dont know why you included digestive tract, respiratory systems vary alot among different animals, arterial function is the same but the method used varies as well.

You are just hoping people aren't away of animal physiology

Then maybe you should research the studies and stop coming here.

Google it

I don't use reddit, I just like to organize my posts.

Vegans are deficit in b12:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Oh, so that's why. Thanks!

user,i think you're the one categorized as iq below 75 so i can't help you further
stay in the thread and watch the scientific discussion tho

>i cant refute with science anymore so ill just say your iq is below 75 and tell you to learn science

pretty cute

i'm not going away, i'm just gonna reply to someone who isn't hopeless
science must be understood,literally can't talk science to retard
please please please stop replying to me
you're free to watch tho

>i can understand science
>but i don't know what convergent evolution is
>i dont use genetics to look for similarities among species. I use physical characteristics
>i dont like to properly support myself through evidence. So if you dont believe me, you dont understand science

yeahhhhhh, right.

get a load of this douche

what about all the science posted above? where's your comment on that?

>Why does every vegan I see either online or irl look so sickly, and why do they look way older than they actually are?
Probably a few things.
1. The fats and proteins from animal products are good for skin and hair.
2. More neurotic people are more likely to be so bothered by farming that they go full on vegan. They probably feel stressed by a lot of things.
3. Ugly people are more likely to join cultish groups for a sense of belonging. Attractive people aren't as needy.

Ethics are aesthetics are ethics. I have no problem with non-sadistic farming and slaughter, and think it is silly and neurotic to empathize with animals to that degree.
On the other hand, dogs and cats are animals we live alongside as companions. This is not as arbitrary as PETA would like to suggest. Dogs and cats provide valuable service while alive and have co-evolved to manipulate our emotions. They are also relatively high on the food chain, and therefore a poor source of nutrition, likely to carry parasites and accumulate environmental toxins. Eating dogs and cats is therefore the province of those with low regard for their companions and the famine-stricken. It's not great wonder that we avoid it.
Oh no an instantaneous death how terrible.
cry more

>general
>no good info
>no links
>no tips
>nothing
Saged

there's a lot more study supporting veganism, i'm just not autistic enough to save a copy pasta
>meat is a carcinogen
>human meant to eat meat
for that alone WHO uses 800 peer reviewed study from around the world
it's just that the person is unbearably unpleasant
if you're reasonable i won't get triggered

>meat is a carcinogen
source: your ass

>im not autistic enough to save a copy pasta
>copy pasta
>pasta
>using pasta as citation

nigga, you realize how easy it is to just type something into a search bar of a peer reviewed website. Are vegans incapable of actually using science to support/defend themselves? Do you guys only use it when its convenient?

>meat is a carcinogen
Objectively true, with regards to colorectal cancer, but the increase in risk is so miniscule that it's absurd to switch to a diet that complicates your life just to mitigate that.

>if you're reasonable
>posts no actual citations but throws insults

get a load of this douche

>this one person is getting unbearably unpleasant
>thread is filled with pictures of why meat eaters are murderers and rapists
>everyone else who agrees with me can stay

this is a proof that some people are hopeless
save your energy for someone who still has hope to convert
i posted this for example no reactions or refutation
>post sources,ignored
>don't post sources, "muh citation"
you're talking about WHO
there are thousands other studies linking animal protein to all sorts of cancers
do i have to google it or can you google it yourself?

>the 2 sources i put up is the end. No matter how many other citations you put up, what i put up should sway everyone into believing in my faith
>ignore the other evidence showing why going vegan is more dangerous than eating meat
>ill go back to posting up pictures why meat eaters are rapists and murderers

>im going to save my energy for someone who believes me without question and ignores everyone elses supporting evidence

vegantards more cancerous than boogie memers

>vegans have lower omega 3 than meat eaters
that's because high omega 3 is linked to prostate cancer morons! ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828934/
i got triggered again,at least the morons have persistence i guess
t. vegan douche

>meat is a carcinogen
Oxygen is a carcinogen. Sunscreen is a carcinogen. Sunlight is a carcinogen. HGH is a carcinogen.

Looks like you better stop breathing, going into the sunlight, and you need to remove your pituitary gland.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828934/
Did you even read it? You are seriously making fun of yourself. This is a paper that contradicts what the research was about and how the media presented it.
title:
>A Closer Look at Media Messages Versus Research Findings
Opening paragraph:
>Although “conclusions” in research are subject to change, in this instance, investigators not connected to the fish oil study complained that the headline-hungry media did not cover all of the facts. They also charged that the headlines were potentially harmful and that the findings were tainted by overreach. A closer look at the study is warranted.
Closing paragraph:
>Dr. Brinton said, “My bottom line is, ‘keep eating fish.’ ”
You are retarded.

>Oxygen is a carcinogen.
can't live without oxygen
vegan diet is literally the healthiest diet
>"The use of indexing systems, estimating the overall diet quality based on different aspects of healthful dietary models (be it the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans or the compliance to the Mediterranean Diet) indicated consistently the vegan diet as the most healthy one. "
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/
>Sunscreen is a carcinogen. Sunlight is a carcinogen. HGH is a carcinogen.
sunlight isn't a carcinogen when your diet is rich in anti oxidant
vegan diet is rich in anti oxidant
>Looks like you better stop breathing, going into the sunlight, and you need to remove your pituitary gland.
no, sunscreen isn't required if your diet is right
>HGH
injecting hormone, and blaming vegan
then i pasted a wrong study
check this instead ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4375280/
DHA is only found in animal source, no risk increase from ALA found in plants

This bitch is 33 and won't even live to see the age of 66.

surely its because of all the meat that she eats

>US consumes the most dairy and meat per capita
>also the highest percentage of obesity

MEAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT YOU VEGAN KEKS!

>3 Reasons for why that link is not that great.
>Therefore, more prospective studies are warranted to investigate the impact of the n-3:n-6 ratio on cancers.
You're some teen aren't you.

>check this instead ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4375280/
I think you are memeing me, or you don't really have any intention of looking at what you are shilling seriously but you are trying to not lose an argument.

>no risk increase from ALA found in plants
I quote from your linked paper:
>The present systematic review indicates that a significant negative association exists between ALA exposure and PCa risk, though the results were dominated by a single study. This finding does not support previous reports20 that high ALA intake or high ALA concentration is associated with increased PCa risk.
You say "no risk", when is says right there that it was a result of a single study, while previous reports says the opposite. So if you are so afraid that omega 3 will cause you cancer, maybe you should monitor your omega 3 intake to keep it as low as possible.

>In conclusion, different individual n-3 PUFA exposures may exhibit different or even opposite associations with PCa risk, and more prospective studies, especially those examining dietary n-3 PUFAs and PCa risk stratified by severity of cancer, are needed to confirm the results.

Also the paper is a meta-analysis, not a study, with a clear conclusion of an indicator and not of a result. Not that it makes it non-trustworty but it is not enough to back up your argument that omega 3 is linked(it's merely an indicator that the specific omega 3 fatty acid is linked) to prostate cancer, thus making it a cause and ultimately that we should stop eating fish.

Yeah i'm sure the meat in Sodas, mars bars, pizzas, donuts, doritos and fructose syrup are the reason why Americans are fat.

You're as embarrassing as the anti-wheat faggots.

No it doesn't, it has to do with calories.

The most honest post in this thread.

lmao you just proved yourself wrong. when a chick grows up and is slaughtered you aren't killing the chick. the chick never died

youtu.be/UwGFgRhJM48

Lol look at this vegan try to guilt trip a fisherman.

Would you put a hook whrough a dog's lip and use it to drag him underwater until he drowns?

Of course not. That's a terribly inefficient way to kill a dog.

>1/10 of a cow
try a whole cow

Its definitely only the meat and not the chips and soda or anything

>no, sunscreen isn't required if your diet is right
Jesus Christ you're stooopid