/thicc/

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, candito 6 week, 28 free programs, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Permanent Discord link:
discord.gg/ZP4HrNc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wBZnxbly3so
youtu.be/hgyDqi0OmZs
imgur.com/a/LeTRP
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone has any experience with Sheiko? Does it work well for a natty lifter?

A friend of mine built incredible strength and size doing sheiko, he was natty

Me on sheiko.

Nice. I'm about to finish my second month of Sheiko and, while I did see some good strength results, I had been aprehensive about how effective it'd really be for me. Thanks dude

mirin

This program depends on your level, more advanced you are, more it will burn you out. Keep in mind that higher level programs are all for roids.

I just recently reached 2pl8s for reps on bench so I guess I'm ok on that front, it isn't even burning me out or anything

he gained size as well? Im a natty mortal and have been lifitng for 6 years. I was thinking about trying sheiko because recently i feel my lifts have lagged behind but im worried I will be wasting my time not doing more hypertrophy work as my main goal is size. Should I try it? Can i have the two and get big and stronk at the same time?

natty?

Depends on your weight class. Keep in mind that repping 2pl8s for 100kgs dude isnt same as 70 one.
op pic isnt, me - yes

I'm 5'7 and 80kg now. Getting to 2pl8s definitely wasn't easy and I need to go on a cut now to shed fat.

I have no idea who the guy in the OP pic is, I got it from a previous /thicc/ thread

That thicc mode description is so fucking cringe holy shit, kys.

damn bro, no homo, mirin hard

thx, keep in mind that it my peak basically
usually i look like that

Third week on a barbell focused LP. I'm an amateur kickboxer and I enjoy my conditioning work. So, I've been having to eat like a mother fucker to recover & have a proper caloric surplus.

Anyone else get people hating on your short shorts?

How so?

> not enjoying the cringy traditional OP written centuries ago by the user who started husbando mode
By now it's intentional, user,we're just having fun over out shared autism

am i thicc yet

cuttin right now

i still need to lift for many years but first 9 months are promising

>not taking steroids and doing a barbell sport

NOT gonna make it

they're my #1 source of mires.

Guy in the OP is Rob Adell. He was a lifter for Average Broz gym who was a total talentcuck and Chad but quit because he got burnt out

Here he is doing cleans

youtu.be/wBZnxbly3so

husbando mode

How to tell if you are thicc in one easy question!

1.) Have you been training and eating big for years while taking test, deca, and dbol?
Yes: Congratulations, you are thicc
No: Better luck next time

ok

then, im working on it

except >nattycuck

can i make it ?

Can you be thicc like in OP pic and still do lots of cardio?
pls no bully I just really love to run and want to know if its possible to be thicc like that while running 30+miles a week.

>natty

Probably will never have the body of anyone you admire DESU

No

See

If I want to do this, I walk into a gym and then what are my next steps?

that is NOT very nice thing to say

Start powerlifting or weightlifting (I would pick powerlifting if you're just an average guy)

Train for 5 years natty until you start to reach your genetic limit

Start roiding

After a year or 2 of roiding you will look as close to that as you possibly could

Would definitely date if you. N-no homo tho.

reminder that you won't be thicc if you're natty

damn, no homo

I still have a but too much fat in my stomach I have to get rid of. It looks so shitty. Other than that I'm on a good way I think.

>hypertrophy work

Also interested in this

>implying
youtu.be/hgyDqi0OmZs

Thanks, bros!

you can with manlet gainz :)

Yeah, chicks seem to like them. Most of the hate comes from dudes that live in basketball and cargo shorts.

Looking good dude. And yeah, it's common for some people to hate shorts but fuck them. We work hard to get nice legs so might as well show them.

n-new here...Always liked the thicc aesthetic.
I have a question, can a beginner do sheiko, or should they start with a beginner powerlifting program? Which one would you advise?
Also -hypothetically-, if a woman were to do sheiko, she shouldn't worry about becoming strongat unless she doesn't track bf % and adjust accordingly right? But I assume that would stunt muscular growth as well?
Let's say by the end of a couple programs cycles of sheiko, I want to start focusing on aesthetics for bodybuilding, what can I expect?
t-thanks for your interest, and advice.

>go up to 208lbs at 19%bf to hit 1/2/3/4
>decide to get lean then clean bulk back up to unlock thicc mode
>cut down to 178lbs at 13%
>look skinny and still have a little bit of belly

WHEN DOES IT END

>can a beginner do sheiko, or should they start with a beginner powerlifting program? Which one would you advise?
Go for a beginner strength program, like Starting Strenght, StrongLifts, Greyskull, etc. Pretty much any novice strength program will do.

> if a woman were to do sheiko, she shouldn't worry about becoming strongat unless she doesn't track bf % and adjust accordingly right?
No one gets fat out of nowhere. You'll gain weights — muscle and fat — but it's gradual. A woman would only become strongfat if she keeps bulking and bulking. At any moment she can go on a cut to lose a few pounds of fat.
This applies to any routine, including Sheiko of course.
Again, a novice shouldn't start with Sheiko.

okay, thanks very much sir, for the advice.
I was going to start with SL actually, before I decided to check out powerlifting as a potential long term route, and thus wondered if there was a better entry point.

If a novice can't do Sheiko, can an Intermediate fresh of SL do it, or is it too advanced? What would be the proper step to take in between, in which case?

Considering bulking, I am going on my first bulk ever very soon (my cut should be done in less than two months now), and have been working through a bulking plan to prepare for it.
Do you mind checking it out to see any inconsistencies ?
here it is : imgur.com/a/LeTRP

Here's the tl;dr :
>163cm 52.1kg (current stats)
>bulk starting weight : 47.5kg (hopefully by then 16% bf I am getting a caliper in the mail this week)
>bulk at rate of 0.48kg a month, for a total of 5.76kg per year on over a period of 3 years.
it's not worth gaining more because of my genetic limitations as a womanlet (based on max lean gain calculations)
>ideally (see detailed bulk plan) 80% muscle/20% fat gained weight composition
>end bulk weight 64.78kg

By then, I should be thicc, I guess.
How long does SL last? I'm trying to figure out how many programs I will have to go through.
Thanks again for your time, I understand it might be a bit uninteresting to help a novice girl into getting this type of aesthetic.

who else drinkin a milkshake right now?

>girl
just give up already Tbh

Also lol you're not 16% body fat, that's skeletor tier for a girl

>>If a novice can't do Sheiko, can an Intermediate fresh of SL do it, or is it too advanced?
By what I read Sheiko doesn't work well with everybody and, comparing to other intermediate programs like Texas Method it's relatively slow. You could do StrongLifts for 6 months or so, until you've stalled a few times and linear progression isn't really happening anymore (this is the cue you should pay attention to). Then you hop on Texas Method, which can work well for a good while (depends on you really.) Then you could look for Sheiko, if it fits your objectives.

I'll look at your bulking program later.

I said that I was hoping to be, once I reach 47.5kg, else I'll cut deeper. I could start bulking at a higher bf% but I really want to have the cleanest longest bulk I can afford so I might as well just cut now, and cruise through it.
I won't give up.

Thanks again user, for the generous advice, you're really helping me figure it out through the long term. If anything, you'll be responsible in parts for my success. I will research the Texas Method really extensively, and make plans to switch to it once I am done with SL. By then, I'll have a definitive idea whether Sheiko is appropriate or not, for me.
Thanks, take your time checking the bulking plan, I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Much love.

Look at the Pastebin, we have a lot of shit about TM there.
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM

>Be me three years ago
>60kg at 187cm
>Bulk up to 97kg in a matter of three years with good built
>Basically slow as shit

Being THICC is only fun when you're also athletic. Never had speed issues in my life but jogging after the bus was like slow motion at 97kg. Instantly went back to 93kg.

I'll read it right now most attentively, and probably a good couple times more to better understand it. You caught me just reading through the article written by Rippetoe on Tnation.
Good continuation, user.

>not having a feminine benis, not gonna make it
would fuk that boipucci

If the thread dies before I get back to you, you can try posting it in the discord.

Alright, user. I promised my boyfriend I wouldn't go on chatrooms but I think he'll make an exception for the fact that it's related to fitness advice. Also it'll be beneficial to him too, as I'm going to be dragging him to the gym with me and he wants to be thicc too.

Bring him in too, it can be useful for him. But I recommend you don't mention you're a girl there.

do ss until you run out of linear progression gainz, then do a periodized program like sheiko

That's actually a good idea! I'm going to send him the discord link when he wakes up! I'll keep it on the down low, about me being a girl. I can pass for a skelly manlet with my stats I guess!
I'll let him join first, then I'll follow along when he feels comfortable I can come.

thanks user for your advice, user above explained to me a similar way to do this by going through novice then intermediate programs. I am thinking SL5x5 then Texas Method, then I'll consider Sheiko if I can!

You've all been great and helpful, and I'm loving what I am reading in the pastebin so far, really activates my almonds!

get into tricking. thicc+tricking=god tier

What kind of cardio does /thicc/ prefer? I'm currently doing hiit for 30 to 45 minutes but I want to try something new.

the only thing i do is jump rope and sometimes use the rowing machine which is more low intensity.

i heard sprinting burns a lot but that may interfere with your squat performance.

>thicc+tricking=god tier
hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

>I'm currently doing hiit for 30 to 45
You're not doing HIIT for 45 minutes you fucking spastic weeb

negro if you plateau doing hypertrophy work switch it up and do strengh training and then go back to hypertrophy

you have to emulate the worst bio of their lives in a few days of future OF our school make sure the readable match the but I don't know so it's not that much right after I sat down and fell asleep right after I sat down and fell asleep right after I sat down and fell asleep right after I sat down and fell asleep right after I sat down a lot about him to do it was a t n o f light and they have a bunch more people who would rank jacob last for president of a group that is bad for you know if you are selling to the end of your street

Mirin the patriotic shorts

Jujimufu

None, I just lift every day

>fall for the thicc meme
>Just get fat

T-thanks Veeky Forums

Doesn't matter when you look like a gymcel

I do? Thats the beat compliment anyones ever given me on my physique. That means you can tell!

eat better
lift better
sleep better

Give up, your genetics are complete trash and you were not supposed to have survived infancy

wow those eyebrows...

Youre actually not wrong. I lived in a bubble for two weeks when i was born because my liver didnt work kek

I knew it, medical science is dysgenic as fuck and should be banned

oh, apologies.
Incel is the correct word

How and where can I approach an introverted female?

Post body fag
You look ok but get a tan
Post iterations of TM with no deadlifts after 5x5 squats and no cleans
Alternatively explain how to incorporate chinups and more OHP in Sheiko, and which sheiko iteration should an intermediate do

>You look ok but get a tan

working on it

Anyone have that pic of the I think Turkish wrestler athlete used a lot in goal body threads?

I got a pretty bad head cold over the weekend, brahs. Still have a bit of a sore throat and coughing up shit. Should I take some time off training or would i be alright to jump straight back in?

>glasses
>literal neckbeard
>smug reddit expression
>ghostly pallor
syo (sort yourself out)

>could be thick
>dont want to take sauce

love it

What the fuck is a reddit expression?

What others have said is mostly right, so I won't repeat it, but
>muh clean bulk
>/thicc/
No. Real thicc (not just fat with lucky genetics) means you're big. You're not going to get big by being autistic about food, unless it means you autistically eat a lot. Sure, your gainz potential is limited by womanlet-ness, but still.
What you should do, is bulk up without going over board (i.e. not 5k fucking calories, but 1.3-1.5x TDEE), and keep bulking until you look at yourself and go like "fuck I'm getting fat, that's too much".
At that point, you cut for a few months, and then start over.

Also, keep in mind that being autistic about calories will severely hinder any strength (and size) gains you may make, and while you won't gain much fat, you also will stay a strengthlet.
Lifting heavy ("heavy" being relative of course, 52 kg women WR is easily attainable by an average male in a year if he trains and eats right) is a core part of /thicc/ness, you definitely don't want to skimp out on that.

fuck off jojo mojo

also
>not calling it "thriccing"

>legsnotfound.jpeg

why would you roid for this

As a guy, I'm finding this advice to be very true.

What do you guise think about PHUL?

>red plus a yellow

He is just lifting a fake 4 plate. Everyone knows you make more gains the more blues are on the bar even if the weight is the same.

PHUL is just a template. It's a good template, but it should really be customized to your goals, and the customization of it will change your results.

not enough upper body work

So i'm undecided on what my next routine should be. I've been 5/3/1 and PHAT interchangeably for the last year and ive stalled. Considering Canditos. What you guys think?

My back is thicc but my PE makes the rest look weird

Is this the natty limit?

Do you run just sheiko, or do you do sheiko plus accessories? Either way, mirin.

Can someone give me a program that has minimum 2 workouts of squat/bench/deadlift/ohp/chin-ups each in 3 days/week and weekly (not monthly) progress?
I thought of doing a 3 day version of nSuns like
A: Squat, OHP, chinups 531 & light deadlifts
B: Bench 531, light squat, OHP, chinups
C: DL 531, light bench, chinups and fronts

531: nSuns sets and reps, light would be something like 3x5 or 5x5 FSL