Started doing sets of 10 pushups every few hours every day

>Started doing sets of 10 pushups every few hours every day
>Getting better gains than my regular routine doing db bench press 70lbs 3x5

Its probably a combination of you just adding more chest volume in general through pushups.

Or it could be that youre a weak faggot, and you have to increase your load and/or volume when youre actually working out.

Well I started doing it because I heard my Buddy at the gym talk about le total volume meme and also saw a negro on YouTube speak about nucleus overload.

I suppose it makes sense. With my current lifting routine. I do 3 reps per day of db bench press. (45 reps / by two weeks). With this pushup approach I'm doing over 10 times as much volume overall. Certainly this must have a positive affect.

well no shit genius, if you added in 10 sets of cable chest flies youd get the same(probably better) results. Youre just increasing volume on your chest. You didnt stumble across the holy grail exercises.

Follow a hypertrophy based routine if you want faster growth, and strength training isnt a main concern.

It's a sad truth. Bodyweight exercises are better for chest, arms and lats than free weight exercises.

Not op but can you recommend a good 3 or 4 day hypertrophy routine plz. Not concerned with strength only looking juicy af

>benching 70lbs

What do you need a routine for? Don't you know what muscles you want to hit and what exercises hit them? Just add more volume

I cannot do cable flies at home and work though.

Nonetheless I disagree. For naturals it seems strength = size, although you should also switch it up with volume sometimes. I'm no expert but based on all my reading this seems to be the case.

I like to believe he meant 70 kg (x5)

I understand my anatomy and what exercises hit what. I've always been afraid that if I create my own routine it won't be as effective as a pre made one. Should I just do it? I used to be happier when I formed my own routine. And fitter. This board has made me insanely compliant.

Eventually you'll plateau with push ups without added resistance. Restance band push ups are a great way to overcome this. 70 lbs bench press is too low of a weight compared to body weight push ups unless you weigh like 100 lbs. Push ups are better than presses but you can't load them the same way as weights so weights are generally superior. Bands change that tho.

70lb dumbbells

Sorry guys not as strong as you and your 120lb db press 10x10.

How is 70lb db bench pathetically low? This is the 3rd person to say this. I know it's not amazing but how fucking strong as you guys to think it's nothing?

70 db... in each hand? or total?

Each hand obviously...

I have never understood if you should take the total for dumbbells or their individual weight. I've always gone with the latter. Any clarifications?

30 kg flat barbell bench is literally a barbell plus 5 kg each size. I've seen literal grandmas in their 70s lift more.

than you should have stated it clearly in OP.
It translates in ~184 lbs flat bb bench.
(individual db weigh in db bench = (flat bb bench - 20)/2) (stabilizers in db bench make it more difficult)

>each size
*each side

Huh? It's clear I meant in each hand. A person benching 70lbs barbell for 3x5 would not be able to do 10 pushups multiple times a day.

>it's clear I meant
No, we don't have a magic crystal ball and for all we knew you could have been a 100 lbs skelly DYEL manlet benching 70 lbs with a barbell. Learn to fucking express yourself.

I thought it was extremely obvious what OP meant. Fuck off cunt and read a book or some shit

That's like saying "im dumbbell curling 80lbs" to describe 40lb dbs in each hand.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Kinda not really. Generally compound movements are the most important onces. Things like dips and pullups are very good. The thing with bodyweight excersizes is that increasing resistance isn't as easy, because you are basically only working with your own bodyweight. Its possible, but more difficult. The good thing about dips and pullups tho, its easy to add weight to those excersizes and adding weight to them gives really good result.
Plyometric pushups are good for building explosiveness too, which is nice.

You can do more reps or add resistance bands or do harder variations with bodyweight though. It's quite strongly underrated IMO tbqh. Buy some bands and do band pushups to replace bench press easy.

No, not really. You (usually) don't db bench press one-handed and you (usually) don't db curl moving both arms at the same time (unless you're mimicking preacher or barbell curl, yet one-arm curls are invariably the most used in all curl variants)

Yeah, i know. Its a pretty good alternative to benching, if you don't wanna go gym and hit weights